Chapter 59: I, Obadiah, am no longer human!
242 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey everyone, no need to hide, you've all been surrounded by me!"

Having easily dealt with the armed security, sticking them to the walls or ceiling with webs.

Gwen "leisurely" walked towards where the researchers were hiding.

"Hmm, what's this feeling?"

However, as Gwen slowly approached, her spider-sense suddenly triggered.

The next moment, the huge metal table concealing the researchers was suddenly flipped over, smashing towards Gwen with tremendous momentum.

"Wow, they've gone mad? Actually creating another monster!"

Gwen leaped several meters, nimbly doing a backflip in mid-air to dodge the metal table smashing at her.

But the moment she landed, she finally saw the researchers hidden under the metal table had now turned into a very familiar monster.

"This monster was defeated by Superman... Wait, this guy only has two arms, and his body size is also a bit smaller than the last one."

Seeing this monster instantly brought back unpleasant memories for Gwen.

Back then, she was completely crushed by the four-armed monster. If not for Superman's appearance, the consequences...

Roar!

Suddenly, the monster let out a long howl towards the sky. Its massive body seemed full of power, the hideous face showing madness like a beast's.

Disgusting mucus flowed from the corners of its mouth, the huge eyeballs covered in red veins.

Suddenly, the monster's gaze shifted from Gwen in front of it, looking behind itself at Obadiah who was carefully retreating, trying to find a chance to escape.

"Fu*k, "Go get that damned guy!"

Even Obadiah couldn't help his legs feeling a little soft being watched by the monster's crazed and hideous gaze.

Roar!

As if driven by the remaining shreds of consciousness that still harbored immense hatred for Obadiah.

The monster let out a roar, then lifted its leg thicker than a bucket and viciously kicked at Obadiah.

"No!"

Seeing the monster about to hurt someone right before her eyes, Gwen instantly shot a web at the monster's raised leg.

However, the monster's strength was truly massive, even Gwen was yanked stumbling, almost falling flat on her face.

Whoosh...

As for Obadiah, he was currently sent flying like a kicked football over ten meters, crashing heavily into a metal wall with a "boom".

"Cough cough, this damned guy..."

Whether due to tenacious vitality or Gwen's web taking effect, Obadiah did not completely pass out from the heavy blow. But still coughed out a mouthful of blood.

"Roar!"

The monster turned and looked at Gwen who was butting in, its eyes full of endless madness.

The next moment, it waved fists bigger than sandbags and charged at Gwen without hesitation.

Gwen didn't dare make direct contact with the monster, she could only rely on agile footwork to keep dodging in the cramped lab full of equipment.

Occasionally shooting webs to pull objects and smash them at the monster's head.

"This guy's strength seems a lot less than the last one."

In the exchange of attack and evasion, Gwen keenly noticed this monster looked very crazed, but its actual strength wasn't too much greater than hers.

At most just twice as strong.

"Hmm, I can find a chance to completely restrain it!"

Gwen's thoughts raced as she kept avoiding the monster's attacks while looking for a suitable opportunity.

Boom!

As Gwen's spider-sense triggered again, allowing her to nimbly dodge another heavy punch from the monster.

But the monster's dozen-ton fist heavily smashed onto the load-bearing wall of the lab.

The tremendous force instantly cracked the bearing wall with spiderweb-like fissures, and caused violent tremors throughout the lab.

"No good, I need to lure it away, or this place will likely collapse soon at this rate."

Feeling the intense tremors, Gwen made a decision.

...

Zzzz...Boom!

Just as Gwen was about to lure the monster to an unoccupied area, the lab's ceiling was unexpectedly easily cut open by a scorching laser beam.

The huge metal plates heavily crashed down, directly smashing the monster behind her to the ground.

"What is this now...a metal man?" In Gwen's shocked gaze, a figure that looked like a robot floated down into the lab.

"Hey little bug, have you seen a bald guy? If he had long hair, he'd look like Luthor?"

The robot's mask opened directly, revealing a face that greatly surprised Gwen.

"You're...Tony Stark?"

Gwen exclaimed in shock.

"Don't make such a big fuss, just answer my question first."

Seeing this little guy looking so inexperienced, Tony felt a little helpless and asked again.

"Oh, you mean Mr. Obadiah Stane from Stark Industries?"

Gwen was a little speechless at Tony's analogy, but still understood he was asking about Obadiah.

"That's right, him. Where is he now?"

Tony's eyes lit up as he continued asking.

"He was just kicked by the monster, in the innermost part of the lab..."

Before Gwen could finish, Tony was in the air accelerated, and rushed into the lab.

In just a few seconds, he flew back out quickly.

"He's gone."

"Jarvis, activate aerial satellites, find him for me ASAP."

Tony's face was gloomy as he ordered Jarvis.

"Sir, Mr. Stane's car has been located, driving towards the city..."

"Bye, little bug..."

The next moment, the mask on Tony's face closed up again, and his whole body shot straight into the clouds.

"Cool! If someone could give me a set of equipment like that, I'd gladly call him godfather..."

Watching Tony fly away just like Superman, Gwen's eyes were full of envy.

Boom!

Suddenly, a loud noise pulled Gwen back to reality.

The monster that was smashed to the ground earlier had now climbed back up, and lifted the huge steel plate, fiercely throwing it at Gwen.

"Damn it, why am I always the one getting hurt."

Dodging the monster's attack once more, Gwen felt helpless inside.

Roar!

Seemingly enraged at being constantly harassed by the insignificant bug but unable to catch her, the monster fell into intense fury.

Then it directly leaped tens of meters from the lab through the opening above, jumping out.

"Not good, this guy isn't heading to the city, is he."

Seeing the monster had run off, Gwen suddenly felt very nervous inside.

The next moment, she also hurriedly jumped out of the lab, shooting webs to chase after the monster.

After they left the lab one after another, a figure suddenly appeared in the air.

"Tony Stark, Spider-Woman? Hehehe..."

Along with some evil laughter, the figure also swiftly chased after towards the distance.

...

On the road leading into the city, a luxury Rolls Royce was speeding along.

"Cough cough...Spider-Woman? And that guy, damn them!"

Spitting out another mouthful of blood, Obadiah's eyes were full of hatred.

But now, to survive, he could only hurry to the hospital as fast as he could.

"Wow? Everyone look at the sky, what's that?"

"Could it be Superman?"

Pedestrians by the roadside suddenly looked up at the sky, seeing a figure rapidly flying over, and guessed!

"Fu*k, don't tell me Spider-Woman brought Superman here?"

At this moment, Obadiah felt as awful as if he went to a bathhouse but got surrounded by special forces.

Clang!

But soon he realized it was a metal man in red and gold armor descending from the sky, directly landing in front of his car in a one-knee kneeling stance.

"Whoever you are, go die!"

The next moment, madness filled Obadiah's face. He fiercely floored the accelerator, charging straight at the figure.

Boom!

With a loud crash, the luxury Rolls Royce's front was instantly caved in.

Puff!

Obadiah's head slammed heavily into the airbag.

"You forced me to do this."

Shaking his dizzy head, the madness in Obadiah's eyes grew stronger. Then with trembling hands, he took out a tube of pale yellow serum he carried with him, directly injecting it into his own body!

"I, Obadiah, am no longer human!"

The next moment, a terrifying power suddenly surged within his body.

A primal madness gushed towards his brain.

...

(End of Chapter)

To be continued...

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

9