Episode 2
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

David took a sip from a straw and looked around, a warehouse that is usually used for storage was unrecognizable. The peculiar design of everything, strange objects were hung from huge and open ceilings emitting lights of all sorts and colors, and the runway was made of some kind of glass or plastic which was liting faint blue glow from within. He reviewed everything with amusement from the second row of the elevated seats. He was unfamiliar with everything in front of him even the people, all sorts of celebrities, influencers, journalists, and young fashion designers.

And for someone who throws on long coats and jackets on a random Tuesday, the fancy suits he was styled with to the hair and makeup his publicist insisted he do, was not like him. 

David could not help but be amazed and overwhelmed at the same time, as rich as he was this was his first time at something like this, With all the loud kinds of music to all these unknown but beautiful faces, he could only do what other people were doing and ogle at the models that were walking back and forth in front of him.

David's gaze fell on a man sitting across him, unlike him and others, this man's eyes were not on the runway but on him. David turned his head back to see what this man was glaring at. only a few of the management teams were standing with their headsets on clearly busy. The man fixated on David and tilted his head, the corners of his lip curled up a small line like he was amused with him. David slightly nodded and pursed his lips and thought, that all these sophisticated, different kinds of people and places were not for him, alluring and cheeky as they may be.

David walked around the reception looking at the various kinds of food and drinks set up for after-party guests.

“That's your third, fourth glass I presume”. 

 “Christie mother fucking Harlingway. Second! Been cutting it if you're going to report to her”. David chided.

Christie rolled her eyes and walked towards David. “She doesn't need reporting to David she can figure out on her own, what her ex-husband is up to”. She countered.  

“Aah, just like how you must have figured it out on your own about all the shits that you wrote. David took a sip and ranted.

“Are we going to do this right now, right here”? Christie put down her glass and crossed her arms.

“Nah, I hardly want to be around you. Why are you here anyway”? David took a sip and pestered Christie.

 “You know what? Same”. Christie leered at David. “why would they invite you of all people? You with your tackiness, a guy who shows up to a court hearing with clothes from two days prior with alcohol reeking all over, no wonder the judge favored her. It's not like you have some kind of social media following or something.  whoever styled you today must had a tough time, I'm surprised that you even agreed to come. Also, I'm one of the sponsors”. Christie responded.

“I own this fucking place”. David gulped his drink and walked away. 

“See you never Christie”.

David dropped onto a couch and closed his eyes, the back of his arm on his forehead and one leg on the floor. 

“Good evening sir, would you like something?

“Hi Henry, where’s mom”. David mumbled. 

“Madam Chancellor is still at the supreme house, I was informed that she had a last-minute emergency meet-up with the members”. The butler answered eloquently.

“Oh yeah, sounds terrific. What about my sister?” David inquired.

“Miss Woods said she would arrive shortly after leaving her son, at her ex-husband's. Henry explained.

“She's not bringing Jaden”. David sighed and turned his back towards Henry.

“May I offer you something sir”. Henry asked politely.

David. “Hmm”.

“Understood sir”.

 

 Sound of cutlery and chewing noises filled the dining table, set by three people. 

“What happened to the kid in Siberia”? Sarah asked her mother as she put a piece of steak in her mouth.

Mary wiped her mouth gently and picked up her wine glass. “The council wants to send over someone to get an in-depth look at the situation since it involves a child. we are speculating that the kid might be TK. 

And now every country wants to get involved”. 

Mary took a sip straight-faced.

David waved his fork and gestured. “Oh yeah, that kid that levitated the bench in front of his classmates. Telekinetic? Read about those. Didn't they go extinct like hundreds of years ago”?

“Strategically made to end their race. Genocide one will say’’. Mary corrected her son. “But here they are, no matter how powerful you can't outdo nature's intents or genetics”. She shook her head subtly and pondered.

 “well lucky me I guess, and my son who will be six this year. Sarah was solemnly optimistic. "Talking about genetics what happened to the biotech company you said you're going to pursue this year”? she questioned her brother.

“Just invested 100 million this afternoon”. David raised his glass.

“100 million”. Mary remarked.

“Yeah, 100 million”. David retorted.

“Leave him alone Mom”. Sarah added.

“No, I'm just saying that amount could be put into, something more valuable”. Mary expressed.

“Like what, give it to the council so that preposterously useful members can line up their pockets”. David complained.

"He can do whatever he wants with his money". Sarah spoke for her brother.

“That grand council of ours protects the likes of us. 100 million to the betterment of our SUO and para-military, the kind of security and protection we could get for SPNs all over the country.    Mary declared.

“Protect fr-”.

“Henry!”. Mary interrupted her son, she turned her head picked up her glass, and gestured it.

“Yes, ma’am”. Henry politely walks over and pours the red wine.

Sarah rubbed her forehead and picked up her plate. "I'm done".

“Me too”. David dropped the napkin on the table picked up his plate and followed his sister.

 "You mind"?. David put his plate on the sink.

 Sarah moved her hand and continued scrubbing her plate looking indifferent.

"Henry told me you took Jaden to his dad". David questioned his sister.

"imhmm". She continued washing.

"So you still visit him". David crossed his arms and leaned on the counter.

"He is his father, whether you or I, like him or not. She clarified.

"A father, who used to beat his mother, also I remember telling you, that I could hire you a lawyer and a driver to help with no-contact visitations". He reminded.

Sarah paused for a bit, she wiped her hands on a towel, " Well I cannot live my life off of my brother, also Brandon said he's changed".

"Floating headfirst down from a 13 floored building and a 3 million must've worked like a charm". David vexed his sister.

Sarah looked at her brother bleakly. "Did you talk to Millie".

"oh no, no, it's not your concern". David started walking away backwards.

"She's going through a lot". Sarah crossed her arms.

"You need to call her".

"David!"

 

 

 

 

 

0