Episode 3
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

David leaned on the kitchen counter and scrolled on his laptop screen.

“Devastating landslides…..”. 

“Continuous rain for thre….”

“Tcch, I hate July”.

“So what about this one”. He continued reading from the screen.

“Beautiful mountain range in ****** state has become a spot for nature lovers, especially during this summer, luscious forestation, and different species….”.

“Hmm’’. He downed his protein smoothie.

 

David checked himself in the mirror. “Should I do pants? 

I'm kinda feeling my legs”, He muttered.

He grabbed his watch and earphones, pressed the button on the remote to close the automatic blinds of the floor-to-ceiling windows, and walked to the empty space of the narrow entryway facing the main door. He stretched his arms and legs, cracked his fingers and neck, and took a deep breath….. And Jump.

Only the smoke screen-like residue remained, and the lights of the 15-floor apartment flickered.

He forgot to turn off the lights.

 

David reached the top of the hills in just 20 minutes, fortunately for him, he was able to use his abilities half of the way, as almost no other people were on the way up since it rained two days prior.

The clear blue sky was visible from the space between tall and green tree branches, the highlands were a little slippery and the ground was soft and it smelled like nature all around. He closed his eyes and took an inhale.

'You know you were my first time, a new feel'

'It will never get old, not in my soul,

'Not in my spirit, keep it alive'

'We’ll go down this road ‘til turns from color'

'To black and white….' 

His earphones probably.

 

David saw someone in peripheral vision standing behind him, he turned back and saw the man was just a few feet away from him.

He took his earphones off, he was a bit startled as he hadn't met anyone on his way here, he peeked at the man.

The man with a dark expression gave him a charming smile. “Didn't mean to sneak on you like that, I apologize”. His voice modulated.

David pressed his lips and gave the man a gentle nod, “You're good”. He turned back and walked away.

 

“Not many people today hah, otherwise you're bound to encounter people every few miles”. The man attempted to start a conversation with David and started following him.

“Yeah, I supposed”. David paced, he had no intention of conversing with a random stranger. 

The man kept up behind David. “You don't come here much, do you? 

“Yup”. David kept walking.

“Guess it, considering you chose this side of the hills. People who are familiar with this place don't choose this particular area for hiking, the terrain here is uncomfortable and can be dangerous. The man kept following.

“Oh yeah’’? David kept his pace.

“If you would like I could take you to other areas which are more popular with tourists and newcomers”. 

 

David stopped in his tracks and looked at the man.

“Look man I appreciate you trying to help but I'm okay, and to be honest, I would like to go on my own”.

 

“Oh.. okay, sorry if I bothered you, but I was just tryna help you”. The man sounded disappointed.

“I understand, I'm gonna go now”. David started walking away.

 

“Is that how you treat people that try to help you, that's not very nice.

“I'm sorry what”. David snapped.

“You're going to make people mad if that's how you're gonna act”. The man looked grim. 

 

David glared at the man. “Wait I know you, you're that guy from that show”.

“You just realised? Well that hurt my feelings”. The man frowned with displeasure.

“Look man I don’t why you're here or what is it that you want but I'm gonna ask you to leave me alone. okay? And I won't be repeating myself. David warned the man, he realised the situation—a stalker.

Even though he is not Elon or Jeff in the business world, he has situations where people have tried to invade his privacy. Due to his recent controversy with his ex-wife, and being on the news and the media, reporters and so-called fans, alike might have recognized him.

 

“Or what you're gonna Jump me?” he grinned

 Where to precisely, Pyramids in Egypt, the top of the Eiffel Tower, the Himalayas, shark-infested water. Or, how about where you left Roland’s he's probably disintegrated by now.

 

“What did you say to me”. David grimaced. 

Just as he was about to make something of whatever the heck was happening, David felt Something cold get stuck to his forelegs, he got muscle spasms and an electric shock-like sensation traveled upwards his body. He looked down and saw the object, floods of traumatic memories rushed through his head, the very object that ruined his life, that gave him PTSD. The object that his billionaire self has worked hard to acquire and replicate.

David had spent half of his life reminiscing that if he was ever to encounter this object again he would not be in this position.

But here he was, instantaneously on the ground convulsing, his arms involuntarily straightened unable to do anything. His neck twisted and eyes and lips trembled his nose and ears started bleeding.

 

“You know David your ego and pride are going to be the death of you.

‘The most powerful jumper of all time’. You really said that”. He mocked him. He began to cuff his wrist with an armlet-like Device

David noticed the man was occupied, he tried to reach for his leg which made his body distort due to agonizing pain, he managed to rip the object, and sat up using his arm.

 

David bolted towards the man and tried to Jump in unison with the man. Instead, the two bodies scintillated, they hit trees and ground multiple times.

“Are you done”, the man grunted. He grabbed David by the collar slammed him to the tree trunk, and struck his abdomen, David fell to his knees. 

The man hauled David onto the ground and kneeled on top of him, he tightened his fist and went for his face. David managed to Jump a few meters away.

The man turned back to look at him, “that's not fair”, he lowered his brows. 

Unable to properly Jump and stand due to this weak physic, David realized he may have underestimated not only the person but the Device as well, he doesn't remember it being this destructive. 

So staying alive is going to be his priority, he has to run! He tried to Jump again. 

David violently rolled down the slope and hit the hard ground he convulsed, he got hit again. His supernatural body didn't get used to the pain, it is just as agonizing as the first time.

He struggled to pull the jacket off his body and yanked the object that was attached to his back.

He laid back on the cold ground hugging his jacket, his body trembled, he closed his eyes, and Jump.

writing action scenes was harder than I thought

 

0