Episode 4
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

David attempted to lift his heavy eyelids, all he could hear was the monitor beeping in a seemingly empty room, he sighted the white ceilings as he struggled to raise his arms trying to get ahold of himself.

“It's okay, it's okay”. The woman gently muttered near his ear.

“Millie”. David struggled to make a sound, even though his eyes were hardly open he knew that voice, which had always made him felt like home.

“Hey. How are you feeling? She fixated her teary gaze on him.

“How? Why? Where am I”? David tried to speak.

 “You're at an SUO Medi-Aid facility. Sarah called, I came as soon as I could’’.

She caressed his forehead.

“Is he awake”? Sarah rushed in.

“Just now”. Millie wiped her face and got up.

“Sarah”. David calls on his sister.

“Yes. Are you okay? Doctors are on their way”. Sarah walked near the bed and inquired.

“Where’s mom”?

“She's outside. You want me to get her"?  

Sarah, listen to me very carefully. Get Jaden, and tell Mom to get Rayla. We need to get everybody”. David emphasized as he tried to form sentences.

God! David. What the hell happened”? Sarah looked at her brother in distress, wiped her mouth, and sat near him.

“I'll wait outside”. Millie said, her lips tight.

“No Millie, stay. David reached for her.

Millie nodded, grabbed David's arm, and sat near his head.

“I'll tell you everything, but I want you to get everyone first okay please Sarah”. David insisted.

“You JUMP into the SUPREME HOUSE David. Everyone is on alert, Rayla’s flying tomorrow evening, Mom is outside speaking with Ramsey, and Jaden is with his dad”. Sarah urged her brother.

“You can't trust that guy”. He mumbled.

“I know. But he's safer with his dad”. where he is not exposed to any of this, besides it's 11.30 pm. You need to rest. We all need to rest”. She looked at Millie 

“11.30”?

“Yes, it is the night of your accident”. Millie chimed in.

“Jesus David you were unresponsive all day. Do you remember anything at all”? Sarah questioned.

“I”. David tried to recall.

“Is he awake”. The attending physician walked in with the nurses.

“We’ll wait outside”. Sarah reassured her brother.

“I'll be outside for now okay”. Millie implied with her eyes wide.

“Where’s the Device”? David questioned, he leered at the people that stood surrounding him.

Ramsey cleared his voice and glanced at Mary, he hesitantly answered, “It is at one of our facilities, they have started experimenting on the object”.

Mary sat next to her son, her face taut she grabbed his arm, “What happened on that valley, David”?

David leaned on the reclining bed his unfocused gaze fell on the arms stuck with needles his lips pressed.

“I'll take my leave’’. Ramsey pronounced his sigh and lowered his head. He gave a slight nod to Mary and walked towards the door.

“I'll report to you at the HOF Commander”. One of the SUOs closed the door behind Ramsey.

SUO: I'll be asking you a few questions. Will that be okay with you Mr Rice?

“Yeah”. David stammered.

SUO: The person that allegedly attacked you, how would you describe them?

David: Male 

           Look about the same age as me

           Probably biracial.

           Slight taller.

SUO: Biracial?

David: Asian-white. 

SUO: South, south-east, east Asia?

David: Central Asian, Middle Eastern? I'm not sure.

SUO: Okay. Did he have someone accompanying him?

David: Not that I saw of, NO.

SUO: What about the Devices, Were there any other weapons he was carrying?

David: He had on an armlet.

SUO: Just that.

David: I'm not sure if there was anything else I don't even remember half of the shit.

SUO: It's just that, we have a hard time understanding that only those devices could cause this harm much to you.

The doctor said you had been severely dehydrated and had signs of a brain aneurysm, you only healed because of your abilities. 

David pondered for a bit

"I! I don't know anymore". He staggered.

“Okay, that will be all for today. Thank you, Officer". Mary stated.

 “Understood. If you happen to remember any detail please come to the HOF.

I'll take my leave. Mr Rice, Madam Chancellor". 

 

 

 

 

Two people in the backseat of an SUV kept to themselves, gazing at the smooth road and a few cars ahead of them.

"Well, this is very unlikely. The last time I've been this awkward was when you told me to come to the attorney's office and ask for a divorce, unwarranted". Ramsey bugged his ex-wife.

"Was it more awkward, than when I found out you went to see your ex-wife and you lied about it". Mary addressed while pondering at the road.

"And just like that, you got me again". Ramsey pressed his lips, "How did we end up in the same car". He glared at his officers in the front seats.

"It doesn't matter Ramsey we are doing this for Rayla. She needs to see that we are okay. why do you think she went to your parents instead of coming home to us?

They know, even when they don't say it they know". She emphasized. 

''Do you think he's not telling everything".

"I'm his mother". She reckoned.

"Also, A witch. Death sa'er to be precise a very powerful one at that". Ramsey looked at his ex-wife in awe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0