Episode 5
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You shouldn't have called her". David contemplated as he looked outside the window of a hospital.

"Really? It looked like it helped". Sarah wrinkled her brows. "She deserved to know, I owed her that much. She still cares about you know that?

Anyways, Lisa called asking if I happened to know where you were. You wouldn't answer your phone, so she went to your place you weren't there so she asked the doormen who said you never left the building, all while calling you this whole time. What do you want me to say to her"?

''Shit! My phone". David clenched his fist.

"It probably got lost in the valley". He bit his lips.

"Did you tell Mom about it". Sarah widened her eyes.

"No, not yet". 

"What are you thinking? What if that dude has it, are you insane"? Sarah chided.

"Sarah, I can't, and you can't either okay? Not yet I need to find out about some things first".

"Like what"? Sarah rubbed her forehead and implored.

"I'll tell you once I know for sure, but for now you gotta help me, Sarah, please". David pleaded to his sister

"Okay. What do you want me to do? But it's just for now".

"Thank you!

I need to make a call".

 

 

 

Ramsey peeked over at his daughter, in a quiet car.

"So, how was vacation"? He attempted to have a conversation with his 19-year-old daughter

"It's fine". Rayla reluctantly answered, as she aggressively typed on her phone.

"Okay"! Ramsey tried to get a glimpse of his daughter's phone.

"Dad-ah! You cannot look at other people's phones". Rayla folded her arms and hid her phone.

"What? Since you won't talk to me I thought something interesting was happening with you."

"Arrghh."

"How's that old warlock, pleasant to be around yet, how about grandma still making potions"?

Rayla squinted and crossed her arms as she looked at her father.

"Dad, if you wanna know how they're doing, I suggest visiting them". She remarked.

"I can't". He shrugged. "Especially now, a lot of things are happening here".

Rayla laid her head on the seat."Sighs."

''Hey, there's nothing to worry about okay, your mother and I are doing everything we can to find out who's behind all this."

Rayla looked behind the trail of black SUVs following them.

"If you're not worried, why do you have so many people following you around?" She questioned her dad.

"Well, all of them are not mine most of them are for Madam Chancellor. After all, she needs more protection than I do. Your mother wanted to come see you herself, guess she missed you, we both did. We both love you very much no matter what happens. But you know what?"

"What?''

"Considering you decided to ride with me instead of her, I guess I'm the favorite parent." 

 "Don't push it, seriously though Dad I hope it will all be over soon, everyone knows most of my friends do, they won't stop asking me. My generation does not want to deal with those genocidal maniacs."

"Those are very strong words, where did you even learn that?"

"Really? SPNs everywhere share their experiences in a detailed and very graphic way about what they did to us. They have written books, and some of them talk about it on social media and blog posts. Like, we are everywhere."

"They do?''

"Yes Dad, how else would the younger generation learn? What about you and mom? You guys have never said anything."

"About what"?

"About everything. What happened to you before everything, did you ever encounter any of them, did Mom?"

"Aren't you too young for all this, Did your grandparents say something?"

"Gosh, Dad I'm gonna know and learn about things whether you want it or not. I'm in college remember".

"Yup, that's the saddest part, my little girls' all grown." Ramsey frowned his mouth teasing his daughter.

"Arrggh." 

 

 

"I want you to See" David held his hand in front of his little sister.

"No, I can't"

"Rayla you have to try".

"I can't, I won't."

"Rayla just try please.'' Sarah chimed in.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me, you guys have been taunting me, accusing me of using my powers to get what I want all my life." Her voice broke

Rayla abruptly stood up, "Oh my god! I feel so attacked right now. Even recently you people accuse me of cheating my way into the university that I wanted."

"Esmerayla!"

"I'll talk to her." Sarah went after their youngest sibling.

 

David sighed and looked at his little sister with endearment who walked back after a few minutes into the hospital room with a sulky face.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He professed.

Rayla sat near her brother.

"Fine, I'll help."

"But, there are few things I'm gonna ask, and a few things that I want."

"Go ahead." David arched his brows.

"Okay! Why can't you ask Mom and my Dad for help."

"hmm, Mom has a lot going on so is your dad." Rayla squinted her eyes.

"I know that's not it but fine".

"What about Sarah?'' She whispered and quickly glanced at the doorway.

"She can't risk Jaden."

"Okay." 

"And now, few things that I want.

Fully customised Pink G-Wagon.

And I will not be staying with Mom or Dad. So, I will need a place for myself."

"I thought your dad already got you a car."

"A Toyota". Rayla complained.

"What's wrong with Toyota?"

"Everything! Do we have a deal or not?"

"Okay, I know a guy that customizes cars. But about the place, did your parents know?"

"I'm 19. Why does everyone keep forgetting it?

So, I'm not taking my stuff to Mom's". Rayla pouted her lips and flickered her lashes.

"I'll tell Lisa to make arrangements".

 

 

******Phone Vibrates*****

The half-naked man who was lying flat head down on the wall gently put his foot on the ground, he walked towards the phone, his cotton pants dragged on the concrete floor. A huge sliding door brought only faint daylight from an indoor garden, which lit only half of a murky room. 

The man held a phone at a certain distance from his face, the silhouette of his tall and well-built physique cast a shadow on the cement wall of the industrial-style loft.

A smile curved on his face. 

******Incoming Call******

Millie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0