Chapter 59: Bait
259 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bonus Chapter 2/3

⩥⩤⩥⩤⩥⩤

Thanks to his powerful physique, Nolan was able to pull farther and farther away from the Lawachurl even while carrying two people.

The Hilichurl Chieftain could only watch angrily as the tiny bugs shrank into the distance, letting out a furious roar before turning back, giving up on getting revenge on the bugs.

"Phew."

Nolan exhaled, letting go of the two people in his hands. Glancing at the fallen monsters around, it seemed they had run back to their original positions.

That Lawachurl was too grudge-bearing, chasing them this far!

"We made it, we got away!" Bennett said excitedly, standing up and jumping lightly. He looked at Nolan in amazement, "You look about the same as me, how can you be so strong?!"

"Cough." Nolan didn't know how to respond, so he simply explained, "This might be the body's potential brought out in a desperate situation!"

"Really? As expected, to become a great adventurer I have to go to more dangerous places and take risks!" Bennett nodded in agreement, this reasoning matched his imagination.

"Oh? Don't have such dangerous thoughts; most adventurers are devoured by danger before their potential is triggered in a desperate situation." Oz, slightly surprised by Nolan's powerful body function, suggested.

After all, there were always some gifted individuals in the world.

"If you want to get stronger, it's still better to challenge reachable goals through persistent and unremitting training, step by step," Oz advised.

"Hehe, you're right, I got too excited," Bennett said somewhat embarrassedly, rubbing his hair.

On the side, Fischl used her fair hands to rub her abdomen through the black silk part of her one-piece dress. Because of the intense running while holding onto this area, her stomach was slightly sore.

Fischl pursed her moist lips, looking at Nolan with a smile in her bright green eyes, "As expected of my most reliable attendant, I'm never stingy with my praise.

"However... your rough actions were quite unbecoming for a princess like me... hmph, you balanced your merits and faults," she said with a haughty "hmph", raising her soft chin.

[Fischl Has Developed Good Feelings Towards You, Obtained 300 Affection Points. Current Affection Level Lv.4 (305/400)]

Alright, your inner feelings betray that tsundere expression of yours.

"Haha... sorry Princess, because the situation was urgent I was inconsiderate," Nolan said, going along with her.

"But doesn't this situation mean we can't make it to the third layer?" Bennett said dejectedly.

The unknown Demon God's remains were regenerating, the situation was still urgent.

But that Lawachurl, which was unbeatable for them, was indeed troublesome!

"Since it's like this, we can only go out and ask the other adventurers' guild members for help. Otherwise when the Demon God's remains revive it'll be a big problem," Oz said.

"Mn, Oz you can fly faster, so we'll leave that to you. We'll try to find another way here!" Nolan nodded in agreement.

Now, Oz was the only one who could quickly convey information to the adventurers' guild. After all, for Nolan and the others to go up from the circular dome room where they fell from the beginning would take quite some time.

And if they went to find the second-layer route leading to the first layer, that would be a foolish move.

But while Oz went to get reinforcements, Nolan and the others couldn't just wait around doing nothing.

After all, it would take some time for the Adventurers' Guild to gather people after learning about the situation.

He thought carefully for a bit before suggesting cautiously, "I thought of a bait tactic that might be worth trying!"

"Oh?" Fischl had her hands on her hips, her fingertips stroking the slightly visible and thin black underwear beneath her dress on her belly. She looked at her reliable attendant and asked, "Could it be you're thinking of luring the Lawachurl away, allowing this princess and Bennett to sneak in?"

"Huh?! Is that really okay?" Bennett said worriedly about his companion's safety.

Nolan shook his head to indicate no need to worry and said, "You all saw, I can outrun the Lawachurl. After you successfully sneak in, I'll use a stealth technique to lose the Lawachurl then come join up with you all."

The Lawachurl had low intelligence, so the feasibility of this plan was high.

"In that case, it's indeed a good proposal."

Oz nodded slightly, showing agreement with Nolan's bait tactic.

Everyone was an experienced adventurer, and after a little thought, they realized it was currently the best way.

After confirming there were no issues, Oz set off to get reinforcements. The Lawachurl was a huge threat, no matter what it needed to be dealt with.

Nolan returned to outside the third layer entrance, and the Lawachurl had just walked back and sat down.

Fischl and Bennett hid nearby. Nolan took a deep breath to relax his body, then used his Adventurer's Bow to shoot the Lawachurl in the eye once more.

He used an armor-piercing arrow this time. Though it hit its target, unfortunately, it didn't cause any real damage. After all, its eyes were also well protected.

The arrow, deprived of momentum, fell down like a dry branch from a tree onto the Lawachurl's head.

Although the Lawachurl with its Geo armor wasn't injured, the slight pain still made it furious. Realizing it was the bugs from before again, the Lawachurl leapt up angrily from the ground it had just sat on.

The massive body broke through the air, causing the ground to tremble again. Nolan turned and ran without hesitation, but he didn't create too much distance; instead, he slowly lured the Hilichurl Chieftain.

Letting it feel like it could catch him.

Watching the Lawachurl chase Nolan away, Fischl and Bennett seized the chance to run for the third layer entrance.

The process went pretty smoothly, with no accidents.

After a long time, Nolan felt he had run far enough, so right in front of the angry Lawachurl he used "Stealth Assassination" to enter stealth and disappear.

The Lawachurl slammed on the brakes, stunned for a moment, looking left and right trying to find Nolan's location.

But it couldn't see him.

Nolan quietly controlled his footsteps to sneak past it. When he got some distance away, judging the Lawachurl probably couldn't hear, he rushed for the unguarded third layer entrance.

The Lawachurl searched for a long time but still couldn't find the damned bug. It roared in dissatisfaction and anger, then walked back.

The entrance to the third layer was a winding staircase of brick blocks. Nolan revealed his figure, while Bennett and Fischl had been waiting there for a long time.

(End of Chapter)

❇❇❇

Read up to Chapter 75+ here - patreon.com/RedX43

❇❇❇

13