Chapter 65: Sucrose
223 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fusing into a new skill didn't make Nolan forget the previous old skills. It just meant he had learned a new technique to apply them simultaneously.

Shooting an arrow with two extraordinary characteristics at the same time.

The level of the new skill didn't decrease; it was still at max level and fusionable. In the future, he could continue to fuse other archery skills.

Nolan inexplicably thought, would there be a day in the future when he could shout "This shot, pierces through the stars!" when he drew his bow?

Ah, thinking too far ahead.

Name: Nolan

Level: Lv.20 (0/2000)

Race: Human

Title: None

Innate Talent: Entangling Affection

Skills: Favonius Hunter's Archery Lv.10 (Advanced Stability, Silent Shadow), Stealth Assassination Lv.4 (0/400), Martial Arts Lv.2 (0/200), Favonius Swordsmanship - Noble Lv.1 (2/100), Favonius Swordsmanship - Fundamentals Lv.1 (1/100)

Specialties: [Descender],[Maiden Savior],[Monster Slayer],[Abundant Life]

Adventure EXP: 1794

Nolan glanced at the character panel that had changed significantly. From over fifteen thousand experience points, there were suddenly only over seventeen hundred left.

As expected, wealth never lasted long.

After a while, Nolan calmed down a bit from the excitement in his heart. Listening to the night insects under the moon outside, he flipped the quilt over himself and entered rest mode.

Morning.

The melodious song of a blue thrush woke Nolan up. He got up lazily, washed up, made some noodles casually, finished breakfast, and then headed out.

He brought the recipes for the two elemental potions he obtained from the Treasure Hoarders, and came to the area near the crafting bench.

There was a resident alchemist here named Timaus, who seemed to be an assistant to Mondstadt's chief alchemist, just like Sucrose.

So asking him should help him find Sucrose.

In principle, Timaeus also knew basic alchemy, just not as profound. But those simple elemental potions of the Treasure Hoarders should be no problem for him.

So asking for his help was feasible as well.

However, if he had to trouble others to craft elemental potions, then the material costs and labor fees would of course require Mora for payment.

But if he asked Sucrose for help, he could use the Shattered Mask of the Geo Stonehide Lawachurl as a reward.

After all Miss Sucrose liked researching bones, this somewhat strange and bizarre hobby was known to everyone in Mondstadt.

"Hello there!"

Nolan greeted the young man tinkering with strange bottles and jars behind the crafting bench.

Hearing the voice, Timaeus also came to his senses and looked in that direction. He saw a Liyue youth dressed as an adventurer, and responded:

"Hello, are you here to borrow the crafting bench? Please go ahead."

The bench was set up near the streets for convenient public use, especially for adventurers. They had all kinds of weird materials.

If needed, they could use the bench to simply combine some common low-star materials into high-star ones.

"No, I found some rare bones during my adventures, and wanted to ask her to craft some elemental potions for me."

Nolan held the mask fragments of the Geo Stonehide Lawachurl in his hand.

"Wait... This thickness, the color, it seems to contain the power of Geo element...could it be a Lawachurl!?"

Timaeus looked at the fragment of the mask in Nolan's hand, his eyes widening slightly, exclaiming in surprise.

"Can someone really defeat such a monster?"

Timaeus stood up and took the mask fragments from Nolan's hand, carefully examining them.

"Uh, it wasn't me who defeated it, but some senior adventurers from the Adventurer's Guild. I just picked up the broken bones they left behind."

Nolan said with a smile.

"Ah, I see." Timaeus nodded as he touched the mask fragment with his thumb, "Indeed, it's a type of bone infused with Geo element. If you want to ask Miss Sucrose for help with it, I'm sure she'll be delighted."

After thinking for a bit, Timaeus returned the bone mask fragments to Nolan and continued saying:

"Wait here, I'll go to the lab and bring her over."

"Thanks for the trouble." Nolan took the fragments back and nodded in gratitude.

Timaeus left the crafting bench.

After a while, a green-haired girl came jogging over breathlessly, with Timaeus following closely behind as well.

Sucrose arrived in front of Nolan, her gloved hands pressing against her knees wrapped in light black stockings, breathing heavily with her head down. Her round glasses slid down to the tip of her fair nose, almost falling off.

As an alchemist, engrossed in alchemy day in and day out, her physical fitness was only average, making her breathless from running so fast.

"Um, Miss Sucrose, are you alright?"

It wasn't strange for Nolan to directly call out Sucrose's name, since she had some fame in Mondstadt.

In addition to her role as the head alchemist's assistant, she was also known for her "bio-alchemy" works and her peculiar behavior of collecting bones.

"I-I'm fine." While pushing the glasses that had slid off her nose back up, Sucrose still spoke a bit breathlessly as she looked at Nolan expectantly and asked, "May I p-please see the Lawachurl bones?"

Usually reticent, she also unexpectedly showed a less shy side when encountering these rare bones.

"Of course, no problem."

Nolan entered the crafting bench area and found a table to place the collected mask fragments on.

Thick, rocky hue, large and small pieces scattered in a pile.

Sucrose leaned in closely, her face with round glasses very close, her gloved fingers picking up one of the larger bones in coordination.

Her amber-like eyes sparkled like stars.

Timaeus also came over to examine the Lawachurl mask bones again.

"How is it, Miss Sucrose? Are these Lawachurl bones?"

After all, Timaeus didn't research bones, so he asked the expert's opinion.

Sucrose wore a hat with golden patterns. Amidst her green hair, the front had some silver-white highlights resembling bleaching. She nodded, then shook her head and said:

"These mask fragments are indeed bone, and contain abundant Geo element. They should be from a Lawachurl, no doubt.

"But the mask worn on the Lawachurl's head wasn't naturally grown, but made from other creatures' bones and worn on top. Then when that Mitachurl became a Lawachurl, the increased Geo element in its body fused with it, ending up like this."

Nolan was momentarily stunned, thinking carefully, and it did seem to make sense. He asked:

"So to say, it wasn't originally part of the Geo Stonehide Lawachurl's body?"

Hearing Nolan's words, Sucrose came out of research mode, seemingly a bit shy as she haltingly said:

"Y-yes, but it fused with Geo element, so it's still bones worth researching very much. S-so, If you need anything, I'll definitely try my best to help you!"

[Sucrose Has Developed Good Feelings Towards You, Obtained 120 Affection Points, Current Affection Level Lv.2 (20/200)]

(End of Chapter)

❇❇❇

T/N: Okay, Here is the Thing- I thought I had scheduled enough chapters for this week but it seems I made a mistake in the date... so anyways... just want to tell you that from now there will be 6 chap/week... yeah sorry no extra 2/3 chapters from now on. I really can't make it guys.. I have to go early and return late at night bcoz of travelling, and you know I'm human too, I too feel tired... I haven't even uploaded on RR and SH, bcoz of lack of time... Enough of my rambling.. if this story made into the top 3 ranking I will consider uploading an extra chapter~

Now, Praise me, mortals! hehe~ anyways if anyone wants to support and read ahead feel free to join my Patreon! Ta-ta!! Take care, guys.

9