Chapter 66: Material Collection
225 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having said it all in one breath, a slight blush emerged on Sucrose's fair face. Her hands were clasped behind her back as her gaze lowered to the ground in the right corner.

"It's not a big deal really. I have two simple elemental potion recipes here. If possible, could I trouble Miss Sucrose to help craft some bottles?"

Nolan let out a breath of relief. He had thought the mask bones were worthless. He handed the elemental potion recipes to Sucrose.

When it came to academic matters, Sucrose quickly shifted from her usual awkwardness in social situations and carefully examined the elemental potion recipes.

She lowered her head, seemed to be pondering.

The short skirt Sucrose wore seemed somewhat similar to Fischl's.

Both wore a black bodysuit underneath, with an open-front short skirt layered on top, exposing a bit of the bodysuit around the midriff.

The difference was Sucrose's bodysuit looked a little thicker in the fabric. And the butt area wasn't Fischl's triangular type, more like a square-cut bodysuit with serrated edges.

Beneath the black bodysuit were sheer black knee-high stockings that covered her legs, with symmetrical leather suspenders attached to the sides of her snow-white thighs.

On her feet were broad-collared white short boots, angled modestly inwards.

Three minutes passed. Sucrose lifted her head and pushed up the round half-rimmed glasses from the side. Looking at Nolan she said:

"These two elemental potions aren't difficult, I can make them."

"Um, Timaeus, do you have any Pyro Flowers left? I used up the ones in the lab."

Sucrose looked somewhat embarrassed asking Timaeus beside her.

"Pyro Flowers? Let me think." Timaeus rubbed his chin, trying to remember, then suddenly realized, "It seems like the Pyro Flowers I had here were used up a couple of days ago too!"

"Uh, isn't that unfortunate?" Nolan looked somewhat surprised, "How about we make Electro elemental potions instead?"

Although with only the Electro potion he couldn't trigger Overload with the Pyro one.

But for Nolan who had no elemental attacks, it was enough for now. After all with only physical attacks, monsters with high physical resistance would be more troublesome.

"Th-the Electro Crystals were also used by me for an experiment on how Electro element affects Sunsettia growth..."

Sucrose's fair face blushed slightly as she looked away at the ground.

"..." Nolan was at a loss for words for a moment.

"Haha..."

Seeing the awkward situation, Timaeus laughed twice to ease the atmosphere.

"B-but it's fine, I was going to the Stormbearer Mountains anyway to dig up some Sunsettias for my experiment. I can look for Pyro Flowers at the same time. I should be able to make the potions for you by this evening."

Last night when Sucrose was experimenting with how Electro Element affected Sunsettia growth, she had failed to control the Electro Crystal's Electro emission.

Resulting in instantly electrocuting several experimental Sunsettias all at once. So she did need to find some more later.

Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to continue with her "Bio-Alchemy" project.

"Going to Stormbearer Mountains to collect materials? Miss Sucrose, why don't I accompany you? After all, it's helping me, I'd feel bad letting you work too hard."

Since there were no materials, there was no other way. Besides, he was planning to take a break today, so why not go on a little... outing?

"Eh?"

Hearing Nolan's words, Sucrose's fair face showed some surprise. She lowered her head pondering.

The Stormbearer Mountains were huge with many Sunsettias, so they were easy to find. But plants like Pyro Flowers were mostly only abundant in places rich with Pyro element.

Elsewhere they grew sporadically, and were indeed hard to find. An extra person meant extra help.

Thus, Sucrose gently nodded. Her amber eyes blinked as she said:

"Mm, then I'll have to trouble you, Mr. Adventurer."

"No trouble at all, I'm helping myself after all. So when do we set off?" Nolan first shook his head, then smiled and asked.

"I-I can go anytime." Sucrose clenched her fists as if pumping herself up. Then seemingly feeling she was acting a bit strange, her face flushed slightly as she looked away at the ground and softly added, "If you're also...ready."

Nolan was already used to her occasional fidgety behavior.

"Then let's go now."

Nolan didn't have a Vision to conveniently store things. All he could prepare was a bow and a sword.

At most, he could bring along an adventuring backpack with some healing potions and snacks, or it would be inconvenient during the journey.

"Oh right, young adventurer and Miss Sucrose," Timaeus seemed to recall something and said, "I happened to run out of berries recently. If you happen to come across any, could you help me collect some?"

He put his hands together in a pleading gesture.

"No problem at all." Nolan smiled and nodded lightly.

Berries were very common plants, not hard to find. It wasn't much trouble to do in passing.

"Alright, Timaeus are you still researching that dyeing topic?"

Sucrose pushed up her round half-rimmed glasses from the left side. Her slightly drooping furry green ears twitched lightly.

Recently Timaeus had been researching a method to make berry juice dye last longer without fading. It was a minor research topic assigned by Professor Albedo.

Using berry juice for dyeing was very common, it just tended to fade easily.

"Yeah, but I already have some clues. I'll be able to finish this topic soon!" Timaeus happily said.

"Congratulations, Timaeus!" Sucrose clapped and smiled.

"Haha, still got a long way to go." Timaeus raised his hand and scratched the back of his head.

Nolan also clapped along. Later Sucrose stored away the Shattered Mask fragments of the Geo Lawachurl, and left a piece for Timaeus to research when he had time, since there were quite a lot.

"Let's g-go!"

Sucrose looked at the young adventurer with great interest, then her fair face blushed slightly as she shyly looked away again.

"Mm."

Nolan understood that Sucrose wasn't shy because she was introverted but because she felt that social interactions involved too much "politeness" and "emotions," which was more troublesome than researching projects.

So, she developed this seemingly introverted and shy behavior as a way to avoid it.

Without further chatter, the two left the city gates, crossed the Mondstadt Bridge, and headed in the direction of Stormbearer Mountains.

Stormbearer Mountains wasn't a very dangerous area.

Some time ago Draff had brought him here to hunt wild beasts when they were rampant.

There were relatively fewer monsters here.

At most some non-threatening slimes, and some hilichurls who liked robbing goods.

Plus the Knights of Favonius patrolled regularly.

So it was quite suitable for teaching new adventurers outdoor survival skills, or getting used to the wilderness.

(End of Chapter)

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

7