Episode 14: The Bet
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
|TW: Mentions of blood

 

Kate grew up in a hunting village, small and humble the houses beside theirs just like hers, and the familiar towering tree that she used to climb as a child stood still on that side of the street. Just a few ways is the tavern and right across that is their village chief’s home. A few ways more is the familiar path that most hunters in this village take to get up to the mountains and the opposite way is the village entrance and exit. 

 

Kate has been missing home quite often these days, she would have wanted them to be at her graduation, their proud smiling faces at display seeing she got to the Top 10. At home, their mother and her siblings of three other rascals would usually eat rabbit stew in the morning while she, the strongest of her siblings would gather wood while her sickly older brother, Theo,  would be the one to fish at the rivers. At midday, her younger siblings Tanya and Eto would play around with the river water they were supposed to gather ending up with Theo, not much fish to catch.

 

‘Oh Theo, my brother, he could’ve just scolded Tanya and Eto…’

 

But Theo would never do that, he’s much too soft on these kids and because of his timid and kind nature Theo would often get bullied, and their father was disappointed in him. He had expected a lot from his eldest son after all, but what could he do? The boy is sickly and too kind-natured, he can’t be a hunter. Kate would often see Theo make up for his inadequacies as a supposed hunter with housework even when his body is at its limit. And whenever this happens, Kate would take half his burden as they both go back home. 

 

To Kate, while everyone sees Theo as sickly and cowardly, she sees him as a light. Theo has always been understanding of everyone else, and he’d help everyone else to the best of his abilities. He’s also quick-witted and sensible too. Kate wondered that if Theo had been born with a healthy body, he’d be popular and strong as hell. While Theo sees himself as a burden for always getting sick, Kate sees him as a person deserving of love and understanding, the same way he gave love and understanding to everyone. This is why whenever Theo would get bullied, Kate would be there because she knew that Theo didn’t deserve any of that. Had it been up to her she would’ve already beaten up those bullies.

 

“It wouldn’t be right to do that,” Theo said to Kate, his pale hands holding Kate’s shoulders. With Kate’s strength, she could easily break from Theo’s hold but she doesn’t. “They’ll just do it again you know.” Kate argued she believed that these bullies kept going at Theo because they saw him as an easy target, “Those cowardly bastards.” She cursed under her breath. “Oh come now Kate,” Theo said with a small chuckle, “They were like that because they experienced something similar from someone else, likely at home.” He says with a faraway look in the direction of where the bullies ran to. He then continues, “Children who grew up with love treat others with love. They were like that to me because they grew up with hateful remarks and less love to go around.” Kate’s eyes widen at Theo’s wisdom. While she’s all ready to use her brawns to solve the issue, Theo uses his wisdom and understanding heart. Usually, trying to empathize with the enemy is a stupid move for Kate. But at this moment, Theo’s words sound like a far better solution than fists. “Theo, if you keep being like that they would think you’re just a pushover. Scold them at least or retort back.” Kate argued still wanting Theo to defend himself at the very least. “But Kate I’m a few years older than them, it wouldn’t be right if I do that,” Theo replied while scratching the side of his cheek softly with his index finger as he displayed a sheepish smile. Upon realizing what Theo meant, Kate only muttered an “Oh,” before resigning to the argument with a smile.

 

To her relief, at least the oldies in the village including those at the age of his parents are understanding of Theo. Theo did help almost everyone with their chores after all even if he got sick the next day. So whenever Theo would come home with a cheerful smile on his face that’d mean one of the oldies gave him some vegetables again after he helped out with whatever needed help.

 

Kate smiled to herself as she let her warm memories from home embrace her as the warm dawning sun shone down on her lashes. ‘Sigh, I don’t think they’ll like me joining the Survey Corps…’ Kate thought to herself, she reckoned that they’d be more than happy if she had joined the MPs but they would want her to join either the MPs or the Garrison Regiment. 

 

Is it worth it? She thought to herself. The Survey Corps hasn’t been faring well lately, well they never did in the first place. Providing for her family and giving them a comfortable life as she gives her own is better than sending herself to her death. But then she remembered your and Jina’s expressions back at the training camp.

 

When that guy, Henning asked you and Jina your reasons for joining the Survey Corps, both you and Jina displayed such serious, grim, and even conflicted expressions but all the same showed your resolve. Kate remembered Henning’s words, as she struggled with what to write on the letter for her family.

 

We all do things for a reason and a lot of it is a reason to keep on going, a reason to live. I believe that those in the Survey Corps are the same, they fought at their own expense so that we can live.” For Kate, the soldiers in the Survey Corps did not only fight to live for themselves but for those within the walls as well.

 

‘Those within the walls…’ The first people she thought of were her family, and then her friends. And if what you said was right that if these walls could never break at any moment, there’s also a possibility that they could break at any moment. Then who would protect her family? If the walls did break how would she be able to go all the way from Wall Rose to Wall Maria in mere moments, days even if it being generous? Had it been any other things, Kate would just brush it off, she wouldn’t even bother with overthinking such pointless things. But if it's her family and her friends, she would stop at nothing just to protect them. With her newfound resolve, she heaved a sigh. With a groan, she jumped up from her bed and decided to write a letter to her family. Kate had already decided which regiment to go to before, the Survey Corps. Even if her family won’t like it, today at the enlistment ceremony. 

 

Meanwhile, the white paper with the Altmann family crest engraved on its center is in Kayle’s hands. Kayle frowned at the letter as he read it lightly sitting against his table with one hand supporting his weight on the table and the other holding the letter. His shirt was slightly unbuttoned as he was just about to finish wearing his uniform. The familiar elegant writing of his father reminded him of memories of his childhood. He didn’t have any bad memories except for him being lonely due to the fight over the succession of his father’s title between him and his brother.

 

His brother Gilbert, was one of the smartest and strongest people he had ever known and Kayle looked up to him. Gilbert was almost perfect in every way, the perfect fit to become the next family head. And as a doting older brother, Gilbert would sometimes teach him things. Kayle still remembers back when they were kids, how his older brother held the hands of his nine-year-old self as he struggled to properly hold a sword. His big brother’s hands envelop his own as he steadies himself holding the sword properly. Kayle remembers how his brother would teach him to converse with the high society, his brother’s short and wavy black hair, and his brother’s gentle smile as his brother went on to pat his head after the practice. 

 

Kayle remembers, how his brother and he would sit in the opposite direction of a table. A game of wooden chessboard in front of them. Kayle could still fondly remember the smell of the chess pieces as his young self placed his face way too close to study the chess puzzle his brother had presented to him. He picked a piece and placed it on the square, finishing his move. His brother smiled, “Kayle, that one is not the best move you’d want.” His brother says before pointing out the mistakes and telling Kayle to observe once again. 

 

But alas, the politics around them made things a bit too complicated for both him and his brother. As Gilbert grew up perfectly, Kayle too showed excellent performance at his bright age. Factions played the fates of two young children for their benefit and greed, pitting the two loving brothers against each other. Since then, Gilbert had no choice but to detach himself from his cute younger brother, focusing on his duties as the heir. Kayle, feeling the same sentiments as his brother wanted to get out of his brother’s way and hard work all this time. Kayle then detached himself from his family altogether even risking the favor of his father by going all rebellious at any chance he could get. Joining the military is one of them. 

 

And now he’s here, becoming a soldier. Back then his reason for joining was just one of the rebellious strikes. But after three long years, it was no longer the same case. Things are now far more serious and heavy than before. He knew deep inside that he had to take this now more seriously than anything else. He remembered Henning’s words,

We all do things for a reason and a lot of it is a reason to keep on going, a reason to live. I believe that those in the Survey Corps are the same, they fought at their own expense so that we can live.” 

 

Kayle didn’t think that it’d be this serious. He knew that the expeditions of the Survey Corps had always been nothing but deaths and fruitless. He can’t have his teenage rebellion be brought into one of those expeditions. They were fighting and putting their lives on the line for so, many good reasons, and yet here he is, joining the military because he wanted to rebel against his family or the political fights among the nobility. Back then, he lived on to his older brother’s shadow and his father’s expectations, after that he lived on to rebel against his family and the nobility, and now what? What will he fight for next?

 

"I mean who's to say that these Walls will never break? If no one chooses the job in the Survey Corps what will we all have left then?"

Your words ran through his mind, once more. If the walls break…Kayle’s imagination could not fathom what would happen should those walls ever break. His heart felt a pang as the hairs on his arm stood up his back feeling cold as beads of sweat rolled down on his forehead. The titans are man-eating creatures, as if it’s not enough that their size is already a problem, they can regenerate too. They will trample on anything and it wouldn’t even mean a thing to them. Kayle rubbed his forehead as the gears on his head kept turning. The letter on his hand began to crumple before he set it down on the table with a sigh.

For someone who lost his drive twice in his lifetime, there’s only one thing left he could set his eyes on, What are these titans? What are their secrets beyond these walls? He thought that there must be a reason why these titans are only after humans or something about the wall that seemed so damn tall that it look like many secrets await beyond them. Was the only thing that surfaced in his mind beneath all that terror and death on the back of his mind. A desperate attempt to find something to keep living on with.

He closed his eyes and heaved a sigh before taking in the moment to sit on his wooden chair. He then began to write a disappointing letter to his parents.

 

You got up that morning, looked out the window, and found that the sun had yet to rise. Then just as you stood up from your bed, you felt a warm trickle from your nose. You wiped that disgusting shit off, only to be surprised by the dark red liquid smudged on your fingertips.

 

It’s blood…

 

Your head then throbbed as you struggled to maintain your balance, it’s like you were being thrown to ride on a wild rollercoaster paired with a terrible headache. Then you felt the cold wooden floor on your face. The loud thud caused by your fall woke up Jina, her voice fading into the background as your mind fade into nothingness and then fades into everything all at the same time. You then saw it again, the vast dark starry sky, with the sand on your toes. A huge tree of light towers over the entire landscape, its branches of light seem to be reaching and fishing out the stars. You sat on the sand, wearing your white shirt and white pants that you wear as a uniform in the Cadet Corps. The straps for your ODM gear buckled safely around your body. This is probably the third time you’ve been here and that number is more than enough to tell you that this isn’t a simple dream.

 

Thump. Your heart beats heavily. Thump…

 

Then you see a figure standing in front of the tree, it’s not the girl you saw before but… someone else. You walk towards the person, your heart pounding as it slowly becomes clearer and clearer to you. As you walk closer everything starts to look darker and darker it’s as if your vision is slowly fading. But it will not stop you from finding out who this person is. You notice that the figure is wearing a familiar navy blue uniform, a familiar bulletproof vest on them with familiar words written on it, “POLICE”. As you walk closer you notice the stranger’s uniform is messy and untidy with greyish dirt from the asphalt and cement smears on the uniform that used to be clean and ironed. You walk closer, and the air gets colder as you begin gasping for air, it’s as if something is taking the air out of your lungs. Your heart beats faster.

 

Thump... Thump… thump…

 

Your heart pounds as you trot and then run closer to the person. Then as if the time flowed slower and slower you started to notice the pale skin of them, the sleeves of the navy blue uniform, bloodied with an obvious gunshot on their shoulder. Their hair looked like a mess in a low ponytail. You started fearing for the worst that maybe one of your comrades had come to haunt you even in this life. Then as you grabbed the person’s shoulder to turn around, they did not even flinch. They just stood there stiff as your hands turned them around to face you. 

 

THUMP…

 

And there you saw, the person had pale skin, her body including her vest bullet-riddled and bloody, she had a stab wound straight above their bulletproof vest blood all over her uniform, while you stared into her sunken empty eyes. 

 

Her face…

 

It was your face. This was you. You didn’t know how you looked at that time, but guess now you know. You’re looking at your corpse standing in this dimension. You can’t help but feel just like when you first arrived here it’s as though you’re out of your own body, out of your skin. That uncomfortable feeling that you’re not you and yet you can’t accept that corpse as you. 

 

‘What… what’s going on?’

 

You tell yourself but you can’t speak, your voice shivers. Your body is right in front of you. You watch your corpse stand before you as it becomes colder on your hands. Horrified, you abruptly removed your hands from “it”. You don’t even know what to call it anymore other than the very real fact you know deep inside that this is your corpse. Your bloody and stiff corpse stood in front of you turning cold and paler by the second, the air becoming colder in response.

 

‘Then a warm echo rippled through your entire being.’

 

“Eve!”

 

You hear someone call you, their voice in panic, “Eve!” You hear it again as you snap back to your senses. Then you see Jina’s worried face her eyes tearful almost afraid. “Thank goodness you’re back.” She said as she heaved a sigh of relief. “What the hell?” You muttered under your breath, as you tried to steady your throbbing head. “What’s happening, Eve? Are you sick?” Jina asks as she holds your shoulder with both of her hands, you notice her frail hands trembling. You tried to reassure her by putting your hand over hers. She flinched. As if to fight what she was feeling she forced up a smile. “Jina?” You asked confused. “You were saying horrible things, just earlier.” She confessed, the fear in her eyes now more apparent. You looked at her with a confused expression. “What?” You asked, there’s no way you could’ve said anything while you were literally passed out and dreaming right?

 

“You said, ‘Kill.’ and ‘I’ll kill you all.’ over and over again.” Jina continued, her voice becoming weak upon recounting what you said earlier.

 

‘What?’

 

There’s no way you’ll say anything like that not to Jina. You rubbed your temples with a serious expression your head still throbbing, “Ugh… my head.” You muttered as you tried to steady yourself. Jina helped to support you, “I’m sorry Jina. I didn’t know what I was saying. I would never said that.” You say with an apologetic frown, confused about what was all that about. Jina’s warm hand only responded by supporting you further, the fear in her eyes now replaced with a gentle smile and a tinge of relief. “I know, that’s why you scared me earlier. You’re probably just delirious.” 

 

She then helped you go to the Cadet Corps infirmary where the doctor gave you enough time to rest. For your sake, Jina omitted the parts where you were saying nonsense and only mentioned that you were having a headache and that your nose was bleeding. 

“It’ll be any time now,” Jina said as she looked out the window. She was sitting on a chair by the side of your bed, she had been watching over you and helping you as you took a rest for the day. Her beautiful long platinum blonde hair reflected the setting sun’s light. The fabrics that tied a part of her hair to either side shaped her hair into a beautiful traditional tie, making her hair look fluffy. It is about time to prepare your belongings to leave the Cadet Corps before the enlistment begins. “Yea, it is. Thank you for being here, Jina.” You say, smiling softly. You never met someone as gentle and kind as Jina before. She is truly a blessing to everyone. “Well, I’ll be right back after I prepare my things.” She says as she stands up and begins to leave, she then turns around as if forgetting something, “Ah, Eve had you already packed up your things?” “Ah, I think I already did last night.” You replied. “Alright, I’ll just go check yours as well just in case.” She said before leaving the infirmary.

With a whole day’s rest, Jina picked you up and you took both of your belongings together. You didn’t have many belongings anyway just your bare necessities, your journal, and a pen. You hang your bag over your shoulder as you’re about to go out. Then you stop, Jina looks a you in thought, “Eve?” You take one last look at the room that became your home for three years and a few weeks. The bed that you used to complain inwardly about since it didn’t meet your standards as a modern person, the wooden floors and walls that took you great effort to clean and get rid of pests, or the familiar window where the sunlight would shine every time you get up for another day’s boring class or the day’s arduous training. Jina looked around the room one last time too.

 

Or maybe just the homey warm feeling it now has as the dust illuminated by the setting sun floats in the room while you listen to the echoes of the memories of your training days. Because from now on, things won’t be as simple as you thought anymore. Then you gently closed the door behind you.

 

It didn’t take you too long to reach the plaza in the vicinity of the Cadet Corps. It seems that for times like these, they set the plaza into three different sections with big and tall wooden logs to separate the plaza. Each section is set far away from each other with flags of their respective regiments hung nobly in front. Braziers are placed to illuminate the paths and the spaces within each section. It looks big enough to accommodate less than a hundred recruits.

 

‘So I guess this is where the enlistment ceremony begins.’

 

You thought to yourself. Then you notice the setting sky slowly turning into an evening sky. The stars quietly humming in harmony with the embers of the braziers that make a sparking sound occasionally. You walk down the cleared ground, there are no cobblestones but just fresh ground with occasional fresh grass that’s scattered sporadically. The cold air passes you as you enter the section for the Survey Corps’ enlistment ceremony. Jina quietly followed you. She still seems to be recollecting her resolve for this day the whole time. She looks at you with a small smile and you give her a reassuring smile. You didn’t want to dissuade her from her own choices nor did you want to encourage her to face whatever dangers awaited her after joining the Survey Corps. You just smiled gently in silence as you both entered and you’re surprised to see that Kate and Kayle were already there alongside some recruits. ‘They really decided on joining the Survey Corps now, did they?’ Upon noticing you, Kate waved at you while Kayle smiled at you. You waved back at Kate, as you walked up to each other. “You guys are here. We didn’t mean to drag you into this.” Jina says, “Yea, you guys can go live freely with whatever career choices you want to choose.” You added, then Kayle finally spoke up, “This is our choice, Eve.” Kayle insisted his voice serious. It seems like there’s nothing you can do to stop him if he sounds like that. “Me too,” Kate says putting a hand over her chest. “I became a soldier for my family, I’m choosing to become a scout for the same reasons,” Kate says becoming more vocal than Kayle was.

 

“Me too.” You softly say, “I guess we're the same on that.” You added, thinking of your family and your newborn baby sister in Wall Maria. You had this sense of urgency to join the ranks of the Survey Corps and fast, that is if you wanted to have the option to just go whenever you’re needed by your family. Upon hearing your answer, Kate smiled. Just then a man with sunken and wrinkle-ridden eyes came up on the stage, he was accompanied by another man who had cold ocean-blue eyes and neatly swept blonde hair who stood on the side of the stage serving his commander.

 

‘That’s Commander Keith Shadis and currently,’ Then you looked at the blonde standing behind him at the near end of the stage holding paperwork in his hands, ‘and that’s the Section Commander Erwin Smith.’

 

As soon as they arrived all the other recruits immediately stood in formation as they listened to the Commander of the Survey Corps. There he stood, straight with discipline and an air of authority. The tawny-colored uniform with the Survey Corps’, Wings of Freedom symbol on its shoulders and left chest made you feel thrilled to wear the same uniform you saw in your favorite series, alongside the the forest green cape with the same noble symbol on it.

 

“Fellow soldiers, I see many of you here, your eyes full of hope, hope to join our corps, to contribute to our mission. You sure are the bravest of the bunch to come and enlist for the Survey Corps. But bravery isn’t enough! Not everyone can become a Survey Corps soldier, it takes not only bravery, determination, and skills, but it takes a very special kind of person to walk through hell and keep on fighting for what they believe! The soldiers of the Survey Corps have bled and sacrificed themselves for the sake of humanity! For all of us who have risked our lives in the Survey Corps, we fight for honor and die for honor! To all those who are ready, welcome to the Survey Corps!” 

 

‘So he could give a decent speech after all…’

 

You smiled to yourself as you watched Keith Shadis end his speech with a salute, you weren’t really expecting him to give a half-decent speech but you guessed there really was a reason he became a commander after all. You return the salute, heartfelt and resolved.

 

It seems Erwin was there along with some other scouts to help process the enlistment of the recruits. You remembered the last time you met him was when you reported to Section Commander Lena about the recent mission you had. You can’t help but feel like in one of those undercover agent spy movies you’ve seen in your past life. 

 

Those who didn’t want to join the Survey Corps left the section without many words and those who still wanted to enlist in the Survey Corps remained. Erwin spotted you in the crowd but he didn’t say anything as his gaze remained stoic and cold as he helped process the papers. Occasionally he’d give a small smile here and there for general courtesy’s sake. His tall frame and robust figure would’ve made him look more easy on the eyes if it weren’t for his steely and cold blue eyes he’d look like the Captain America that you knew about from your past life. Just then finally it's your and your friends’ turn to submit your enlistment form. Erwin then looked at the area and saw that there were no more recruits whose papers needed processing besides yours and your friends. 

 

Just as you have finished filling out and submitting your papers, he spoke, “I see you're here to enlist, is that right? You were number 1 in the Cadet Corps. It's surprising to see someone like you want to join the Survey Corps.” He says with an approving gaze. It’s nice to see someone like you who’d chosen the Survey Corps means either you’re suicidal, brave, or someone with a dream bigger than these walls. As you watch him, you can’t quite figure out what’s going on inside his head. Usually, you’d answer your superiors honestly but something tells you, you don’t wanna be always too honest this time, not with Erwin. "Really? Well, I have my reasons." You say looking right back at Erwin's steel-cold gaze. Your eyes may look calm and serene, but Erwin is a perceptive man. He saw that there was a raging storm beneath your eyes. Like chaos suppressed underneath your calm exterior. He is intrigued. You left an impression on Erwin that you are different. It’s like for Erwin most people are like a book, he can read the title, the cover, the summary, and skim through the pages gaining a sense of understanding of the person. You, however, is a book filled with ambiguity and contradictions. There may be a title on the clean and beautiful-looking cover, a summary, and yet nothing to skim through the tattered pages of your persona. Erwin guessed that this ambiguity may have something to do with your cold gaze under your serene, gentle, and for this time, playful facade. Something in him wanted to know about what secrets "the storm" beneath your calm exterior. He wanted to know if you were truly that fearless. Erwin thought that if Section Commander Lena was right about you, you should be at least someone worthy of trust besides Lena vouching for you but your reply somehow made it hard for him to trust you.

 

"You have your reasons, huh?" He replies sternly his ocean-blue eyes bore deep into yours as he spoke in a low voice. He looks back into your eyes, trying to discern what’s going on within your mind. Equally, you have no idea what impression he has of you at the moment but you’re sure that he’s trying to read you. Now by this time, Erwin guessed that you were leading this conversation somewhere. You wanted something out of him but he wasn’t sure what yet. He studies your every move. Your dark hair which fringes to frame your face perfectly, your cold eyes that reflect the warm light from the embers of the braziers, your nonchalant expression that mask the playfulness on your lips, and that distinct hidden storm within your eyes.

 

‘For now, let’s see what you’ll be doing’

 

He decided to play along. It’s unheard of for a cadet to act like this but he can’t help but have a nagging thought that you’re up to something interesting. It is no wonder why you graduated at the top of the Cadet Corps since you seem to embody the qualities needed for survival in this world; a cool head and courage. Erwin had expected a fresh recruit like you to flinch, avert his gaze, flustered, or be warry as most people would in his discerning presence. And yet contrary to his expectations, you smirked the chaos in your eyes becoming slightly more apparent, your demeanor exuding playfulness, "What do you think my reasons were, sir?" You say attempting to lead this conversation further with a subtle smirk on your face.

 

His perceptive eyes didn’t fail to catch that smirking expression as his intrigue grew further. How can this girl, who had just graduated in the cadet corps, be this bold? You even dared to smirk back at him. Were you not afraid of his superior authority? Erwin had a certain feeling that your reasons for enlisting in the Survey Corps were beyond just an ordinary purpose. There had to be something else... He decides to ask one more question. Perhaps you will reveal more about yourself.

 

He takes a step closer to you and leans closer. His deep voice becomes clearer as he does so. His tall frame towering over you. "Hmm..” He took a long pause, his ocean-blue eyes seemed to be piercing through your soul. “Are you not afraid of dying?" He says bluntly. It was a bold question to ask, but he had the urge to know what you had to say. Erwin wants to see the full extent of your boldness… your limits. If you could still be this nonchalant despite being in the face of death, then that would prove to Erwin that you were as fearless as you played yourself to be. And it would make sense for Section Commander Lena to choose you. Otherwise, this is all but your foolhardiness acting up.

 

‘Alright heh…’  You thought finally arriving to the question you were waiting for.

 

You only looked back at Erwin, your gaze unwavering and calm as you held back yourself from grinning further from excitement, "Would you like to bet on that sir? If I truly am fearless or not."

 

Erwin's eyes widen as he listens to your bold response. Your demeanor remained the same, not showing any signs of being affected by his question at all. How could a cadet be this calm and be so bold? Not to mention this game of hide and seek between the words exchanged, the gestures intendedly shown, and the expressions shown and hidden. Further masking each other’s intentions.

 

‘Hah… Interesting’

 

Erwin laughed inwardly, amused. This was beyond his understanding–no, maybe just maybe Erwin thought that he had found someone who’d rise to be someone like him. Someone with a knack for taking gambles. Well that, is something within his understanding. It was then that Erwin knew that this bet was anything but a simple game. He then felt a rush through him it was as if he was finally sitting on a chess game across a worthy opponent. He couldn't help but see this as some sort of challenge. A challenge he was willing to accept. A sly smirk forms across his lips as his eyes shine with a subtle glimmer,  "Alright, I'll bet on that. What are the stakes?" 

Year 842,

Status: (Eve)

STR: 128
AGI: 75
DEX: 96
HP: 60/60
CONCENTRATION: 70
LEADERSHIP: 30
DEF: 20

Status: (Jina)

STR: 49
AGI: 41
DEX: 40
HP: 38
CONCENTRATION: 69
LEADERSHIP: 37
DEF: 30

Status: (Kate)

STR: 68
AGI: 49
DEX: 81
HP: 100/100
CONCENTRATION: 35
LEADERSHIP: 31
DEF: 90

Status: (Kayle)
STR: 66
AGI: 56
DEX: 55
HP: 100/100
CONCENTRATION: 75
LEADERSHIP: 36
DEF: 10

[Note: An average soldier's stats would range from 30-40 while a normal man's stats would range from 10-29. Common stat limit 100.]

1