Chapter 31: The Clown
75 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 31: The Clown

"Young master? You're acting weird."

"Ah, Uncle Zon. This time, due to stress, I gained a strange mental illness, but don't worry. I got the medications, that too for a cheap price!"

"That's good news."

Zon Languis, an old butler who was with the Brightster family since Raymond Brightster and his wife Izabella Whitehart bought this house on the occasion of their marriage.

He was currently at the age of 60. Lucas, being the owner of the properties, had sold most of the properties and dismissed all the servants other than this butler.

And even though he paid him way less than his father did, because of financial problems, Zon Languis was more than happy to stay in the servant quarters and live on with the measly amount of 100 credits per month.

One would think that he's insane. Considering how experienced he was in this field, they'd be willing to pay him 400 to 800 credits per month.

All of it could be summed up in a few words - The power of memories, the power of nostalgia brought about by memories...

The memory of serving his masters. He would never forget those days, playing with small Lucas and baby Aisha.

Those days were just gold...

"Uncle Zon, where's Aisha? She'd be the most excited one and would see me first." Lucas asked with confusion. As today was Sunday, he was sure there'd be no school today. There was a possibility she went to visit Izabella, his mother.

"Well..."

Lucas noticed the worried look on his face. "What's the matter, Uncle Zon?"

"Madam suffered another round of blizzard today." Lucas's face paled immediately. Winter Illness, this was the name of the disease that had affected his mother.

This would weaken her body greatly, so much so that even stubbing her toe might break her foot. But that wasn't the worse part. The worse part was the sudden attack of the disease in high intensity.

These sudden attacks were called Blizzards. And on top of that, these blizzards were completely random. Her mother had already suffered 4 Blizzards; this was the fifth one.

She fell into a coma when the third blizzard hit her body. Ever since then, Lucas permanently admitted her to the Green World Hospital, where professionals constantly monitored her.

"How... How is she?" He managed to force out a few words.

"She managed to survive. But her condition isn't that great."

"I see..."

"Young Miss Aisha Aldo had such a reaction. Her mood became worse than yours, so Kalus took her to cheer her up."

"Kalus?"

"Yeah, he took her to a circus."

"Well, he might be able to do so... Hopefully." His eyes then fell on Simo before moving away.

"Uncle, can you heat the water?"

"Sure, the food is ready too."

"Thanks."

All it took was a few clicks to heat the water. After a few seconds, hot water was ready. Lucas entered the washroom and took a good hot shower. Changing into new clothes, he exited.

There were only the ground floor and the first floor within this house. Two bathrooms on the ground floor and two on the first floor. A kitchen was present on the ground floor, and a few spare rooms on the ground and first floor. An entire section of the first floor was used as the servant quarter.

Overall, it wasn't that bad with the all-in-one butler, Uncle Zon, present to manage it.

A few small cleaning robots were also present within the household.

"Sigh, Uncle, I don't know what I would do if you weren't there."

"No worries." The energetic old man flashed out a smile.

"So this is your house. Not bad." Simo silently commented.

'I'm glad you like it, sir.' Lucas was slightly relieved. He then continued chatting with Uncle Zon, while inwardly chatting with Simo.

Sitting at the dining table, he looked at the humongous portions of the food present.

'Being a Chain Breaker is surely expensive...' One would think being a Chain Breaker meant a guaranteed money source, by hunting monsters. But it wasn't the case. There were many expenses that followed after becoming an official Chain Breaker.

In fact, one might lose money and then their life while trying to hunt more monsters or stronger monsters.

Lucas was a foodie, and his appetite had increased after becoming a Chain Breaker. But right now, his appetite was nowhere to be found.

He just ate two plates worth of food before standing up. Looking at Zon, he said, "Uncle, I'm leaving to see Mother. Afterwards, I will come back with Aisha."

"Alright, young master, be safe."

With this, Lucas finally exited the house.

...

[Crimson]

Crimson, this was the name of a large section solely created for entertainment purposes.

Playgrounds, Virtual Cafes, game centers... These were the main attractions of the area called Crimson. But undoubtedly, the most popular attraction was - Clown's Circus.

"Shall I remove the blindfold?" Aisha asked, her thin face radiating the vibes of a young girl.

"Yeah, sure." As she heard these words, she placed her palms on her blindfold, removing it. Suddenly, clicks echoed as lights were on.

Multicolored lights flashed through the place as clowns swarmed forward, startling her. "Kalus? Where are you?"

She focused on the clowns that had surrounded her; some were performing balancing acts, balancing themselves on lathe wheels or balls. Some were tossing balls into the sky and then catching them. Some were making fools out of themselves.

Their coordination and flexibility were honestly breathtaking, a feast for the eyes.

Amid the chaotic yet organized spectacle, the 15-year-old girl noticed a familiar figure running towards her. His face was painted in colorful pastels. His lips were painted red, with the red paint stretching up even further, forming an almost impossible smile. It complemented his looks, pairing up well with the exaggerated smile on his face.

His smile was so wide that it almost felt like his face would split. Noticing only a distance of three meters remained between him and Aisha, the figure conjured a tennis ball and with a swift and quick spin threw the tennis ball in the air.

He then snapped his fingers, right after which the tennis ball burst like a firecracker. Slowing his speed, he finally reached the young lady.

Once again defying common sense, he took out an entire bouquet of Serbivilis Siccilius Anthon, a golden flower that represented hope and happiness.

"For a beautiful, young little girl so that she stops crying." As soon as Aisha heard these words, she puffed her cheeks. After all, the clown had really focused on three words, "Young Little Girl."

But she had to admit, all the sadness she was feeling a few moments ago had completely disappeared. As expected of the King of Clowns!

She looked at the flowers and then accepted them. Looking at the smiling clown, she wanted to complain, saying she wasn't a child. But entirely different words came out the moment she opened her mouth.

"Thank you... Thank you for all this..."

5