Chapter 41: Death Cromwell [5]
22 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 41: Death Cromwell [5]

The worms bit each other and formed a wriggling live chain. Their moving legs are what made this chain much creepier.

Vlad wasn’t too surprised by this, but he did find it interesting.

‘So now he is going to fight in my specialty?’, Vlad was a master at using chains.

While many others used daggers, swords, spears, Vlad found that the chains could be used to a great extent, both as an attacking medium and as a defending medium!

“Let’s see how you fare!” shouting like a maniac, Vlad, with his bloodshot eyes, pulled the chains up and down just once, giving a jerk that caused the chains to flutter like a wave which traveled from his end towards the Death Knight.

As for Allen, he wasted no time in using the chain that he conjured. Grabbing two worms of two separate chains on his right and left, Allen gave a similar jerk, both the chains moving towards Vlad’s attack.

To ordinary onlookers, it might look like they were executing ordinary attacks. But in reality, the strength they were using was in a totally different realm.

BOOM!

Vlad’s single chain collided with the Death Knight’s two chains, causing yet another impactful blow. The attack caused both their chains to suffer damages that ended up breaking in some way or another.

The chain made out of worms was a little less sturdy than Vlad’s, which was made out of black metal, one of the strongest in the world. So as the attack collided, it was obvious that the Death Knight’s chains would end up breaking.

The worms at the tip died with the attack after their bodies exploded as they collided. However, that didn’t mean they couldn’t do anything at all!

The worms were poisonous, some toxic as well, but more than that, their trait of producing acid was notable. As the worms at the tip exploded, the acid stored within fell on the Black Metal, corroding it right away!

As Vlad pulled his chain back, he noticed this, which made him chuckle and smile wryly, for he hadn’t expected such an outcome.

“I thought about testing your skills, but looks like there was no need to do that,” Vlad continued to pull the chains, but this time, he coiled them around his fists. He was making boxing gloves out of them!

Seeing this preparation, Allen wasted no time and used the worms to coil them around his arms, copying Vlad’s exact actions.

He was wearing armor which was strong and durable. The gauntlets could withstand Vlad’s punches, but up to what extent?

Previously, with just a few blows, the armor on the back cracked and broke open with just a few shockwaves. The same could happen with his gauntlets if they engaged in hand-to-hand fight!

Furthermore, the so-called armor was more like skin, and the worms seemingly replaced muscles - that was why it was rather easy to penetrate the armor. Regardless, Allen decided to wrap the worms around his clenched fists because they could serve as a cushion and decrease the damage. But against such a strong foe, the cushion effect would be rather ineffective. Therefore, he mainly thought about the acid ability of the worms.

Allen took it a step further; this time, he engulfed his entire body with blue flames. This heightened his already increased strength and speed. Vlad was no less.

‘If you copy mine, I will copy yours,’ instantly, he used his red flames to cover himself and increase all his stats, ready to engage with the Death Knight, for perhaps a final decisive blow.

Even until now, Vlad wasn’t sure why he was here. He was immortal, so initially, he thought that he was chosen because he couldn’t die despite suffering from fatal injuries, but that didn’t seem to be the case because the opponent was somewhat similar—an Immortal. He wasn’t told of a way to subdue the Death Knight, so the situation seemed rather confusing to him.

But at the moment, he prevented himself from overthinking or even trying to think because he was rather pumped up for the hand-to-hand fight with the Death Knight—both of whom seemingly wore boxing gloves made out of different materials.

“Hyaaa!”, Vlad with a high-pitched voice, screeched as he approached at a high speed.

The Death Knight did the same. He instantly lunged forward, ready to intercept all of Vlad’s punches.

Time moved somewhat slowly as they approached each other, prepared to embrace each other’s attacks. The first punch from either side seemed to have slowed down, slowly moving towards each other before finally making contact.

And the moment they did-

BOOM!

A massive exploding shockwave was generated that passed right through their bodies and continued to move far away.

But that was not the end. Unfazed by it, both of them used their lefts to punch, then right, and then left again. They started throwing barrages of punches which were neither aimed at their abdomens nor any of their vitals. They aimed at each other’s fists, as if challenging each other to see whose glove would hold longer!

Boom! Boom! Boom!

The thunderous impact and the continued shockwave from the punches spread quite far, shaking the very mountains nearby.

A few animals that lived there started to run in fear, which they had been doing since earlier, but now a whole lot more were visible.

‘This is fun!’ - both Allen and Vlad thought in their minds.

The sparkles generated from their attacks and the limitless shockwaves followed by constant backlash and re-stabilization with none of them backing up made both entities get stronger by the moment - as if they wanted to prove who was the strongest!

Bam! Boom! Bam!

Their attacks continued. The worms started to die rather easily, their bodies being burst at the process which caused a similar reaction of the release of acids that melted the chains away, but both things slowly regenerated at the same time…

If left alone, their attacks could go on for millions of years, and probably, that was indeed going to happen if not for his intervention.

Both - the Death Knight and Vlad, paused suddenly, their pose resembling that of a combatant who was about to punch the other.

A heavy pressure weaved around the area, making them feel uncomfortable.

Both of them could make out a pair of eyes glancing at them… someone was watching!

3