Chapter 42: The heavenly demon is a peace enthusiast
13 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 42: The heavenly demon is a peace enthusiast

Pausing their attacks, both of them turned to their left - the place from where they felt this intense gaze. In fact, it was not just a gaze. Both Allen and Vlad felt a terrifying presence close to them, so terrifying that even their immortal bodies trembled momentarily.

As they both raised their gaze quickly, all they could see was the silhouette of a figure standing at the top of a mountain, the moon projecting right behind its back. But upon careful observation, anyone could say that the so-called silhouette was nothing other than the trunk of a dead tree.

Then, what exactly was this uneasiness? What presence were they feeling?

Both of them felt that the gaze had lifted, but only momentarily, as a bone-chilling voice filled with the presence only intensified.

“Whom are you looking for?” The deep male voice reverberated close to them, forcing them to turn their heads quickly, so fast that it could end up twisted if done inappropriately!

Following the sudden turn, their instinctive reflex forced them to take a step back, creating some distance between them and the black fog-covered entity with a pair of red glowing eyes.

“Ah, it was me?” Zuxian appeared like a ball of black mass, his figure practically invisible. Just his bloodshot red eyes, which were rather natural and not because he was drunk, made him all the more terrifying.

The death knight, who couldn’t die, was afraid, apparent from the trembling. Vlad, who never knew anything more than slicing, was fearful of moving his claws anywhere closer to Zuxian.

“Who are you?” Vlad asked, a few drops of sweat visible on his forehead.

‘He is no ordinary being… His power level… I- Even I’m finding it difficult to stand in his presence. J-just who is he? The Imperial Master of some Dome? The Lost Arcane Master? Some higher entity? Whatever he is, by no means has he come with an intention of having a chatter,’ Vlad's thoughts intermingled, his head flooded with a series of infinite thoughts.

Gulping large chunks of saliva, he couldn’t help but keep his eyes wide open. Even a single blink could end up costing him a severed body, which even if he regenerated, would end up severed again… if such things continue to happen, then it isn’t too hard to imagine who would run out of energy first.

Allen too had somewhat similar thoughts.

‘Anyone covered with such an intense aura is bad news,’ Allen, being in the death knight’s body, could feel only a slight change in pressure. To him, it was somewhat familiar… it was familiar to the beasts that he had encountered the first time he had come to this world.

This aura was similar to many other people whom he had met here… to him, it didn’t seem too new. The only surprising thing was the appearance.

Sitting in the store, as the customers entered, he would find them in tattered, drenched, or even sometimes, without clothes due to some accidents. But none had appeared so ugly!

Yes, Allen defined this black mist as ugly. The reason his body trembled was because of his desire to go away from such ugliness!

Moreover, Allen noticed how Vlad had shut his mouth and hadn’t spoken anything that could mock the ugly bastard that appeared. With that too, he could deduce that the entity in the front was some higher being, someone who was too strong!

“Me? Haha, I’m just a peace enthusiast. Seeing how you are fighting, I came to give you some peace of my mind,” Zuxian said with a sly smile as the black mist that surrounded him started to disappear.

And soon, his figure was visible. This forced Allen to change his thoughts, from ugly to rather dignified and refined gentleman.

‘Ah? He looks like an owner of some royal Chinese mansion,’ the uneasiness vanished as soon as the black mist disappeared.

It was true for Vlad as well, since he could now breathe normally. The restlessness had disappeared as well, but the question that he had answered seemed rather weird until…

“So, try attacking me.” - this came out of his mouth.

Vlad gulped a large chunk of saliva, realizing what the entity in front of him meant. Try attacking… The entity was completely sure that it was way above them and with his mere presence, if he could shake their wills, then this was by no means mere provocation. This was an announcement saying: “You bastards are weak!”

Vlad now started searching for an opportunity to escape. His initial mission of capturing the Death Knight automatically came to a halt.

‘He is probably one of the few entities in the world who can kill the immortals… I and Death Knight don’t stand a chance,’ Vlad realized it instantly, readying himself to run in a blink of an eye.

But this didn’t escape Zuxian’s calculation.

“And where do you think you are going?”

Just as Vlad had taken a single step, his body split into a billion pieces! The slices were so precise that it felt as if even the atoms were split apart. Ha! He got a taste of his own medicine.

As for the Death Knight, it wasn’t all that different for him.

“Don’t waste my time. Come to me so that you can be killed.”

The Death Knight suddenly levitated and moved towards Zuxian at an uncontrollable speed. It was being done against his intentions!

Zuxian, composed, picked up the Death Knight’s sword which was about ten meters away from him, causing it to move towards him, finally gripping it and placing it in such a way that it acted as a knife ready to cut a watermelon!

Slash!

A horizontal slash cut the Death Knight’s face in half, splitting his nose from his mouth! His head then tilted a bit, causing the upper sliced half to slide down on the clean cut, ultimately falling a few meters behind Zuxian.

‘Wha-’

.

.

.

‘Wha-’, Allen blinked his eyes open, surprised as he sweated profusely. Everything felt realistic after all, so the cut that happened way too fast almost left an illusory pain on his face.

“What was that…?”

3