Ten
703 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as intended upon entering the lab I began using the materials I bought to begin building everything I would need to study and create the things I wanted and honestly, it wasn't especially hard but it wasn't easy either. After around four hours of nonstop creation and destruction, I was able to create around 38% of what I needed to start my studies.

The biggest obstacle was that I had no previous knowledge of how most of the equipment I was making was built so I was creating most of the stuff from scratch, but not everything was created without a blueprint. Some of the stuff I built was based on previous inventions so I didn't have much of a problem with certain things.

'The second part should be easier since I've gotten most of the difficult things out of the way.' I said to myself feeling that I could finish this in around 6 hours if I continued working.

"Tristan?" Bella said as she knocked at the lab door unsurly. On the walkway from the house to the lab I set up lamps so that normal people could see during the nighttime so I wasn't surprised she was here.

"Yeah?" I said as I used magic to open the door.

"You didn't come back for dinner so I was wondering what you were doing." Bella said as she looked around the lab and saw a lot of things she didn't recognize as well as things being constructed and destructed while floating.

"I got a little caught up with everything here." I replied as I continued tinkering with the motherboard in my hand, I was creating a supercomputer.

"What's all this stuff for?" Bella said questioningly as she walked around.

"Stuff we'll need for the future." I replied.

"We?" Bella said with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm planning to make something for you and Dad." I replied as my eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the motherboard in my hand burning up.

"What're you making?" Bella said with more interest feeling what I was planning on creating wasn't simple.

"I don't know if either of you can use magic or anything like that so I plan to create something that'll bring your bodies to the human limit." I responded causing Bella's eyes to widen.

"Like I'll become superhuman?" Bella said with a shine in her eyes.

"Compared to other humans yeah, you'll be super." I replied.

"Like by how much?" Bella asked as she sat next to me.

"We'll have to test a lot of stuff but you should be able to jog 10 miles in 30 minutes very easily, stuff like that." I said as I looked at the new motherboard in my hands.

"So I'll pretty much get a physical boost then?" Bella questioned.

"Yeah, it won't grant you superpowers or anything like that, you're getting a tremendous boost to your physicality as a whole." I said before continuing.

"Ohhhhh." Bella said as if she had a realization before continuing.

"Can you give me power or something? I wanna fly n' all that shit." Bella said with a smile.

"Maybe one day kid." I replied as I looked at her knowing that she really didn't care if I gave her the serum or not, she was fine as she was.

"Kid? You're not much-" Bella said before being interrupted by me.

"I'm definitely the big brother, I might've been a bit taller than you yesterday but today I'm way taller." I said with a smile knowing she usually used my height against me but now she couldn't.

"Hmpf, a big brother would've told me their secret." Bella said causing me to freeze, I knew she was sour about me keeping a secret and I wasn't surprised she was.

Bella and I had been as close as possible since we were young and I had kept such a big secret since I was a child so this obviously pissed her off since she had never hidden something from me as I did to her.

"Sorry, Bella." I replied looking at her.

"I get hiding it from dad and mom but you should've at least told me..." Bella said with a look of frustration on her face.

"If you keep something like this from me again I won't forgive you, I mean it." Bella said before standing up.

"I'm going to my room, I expect to see my homework done in the morning." Bella said before making her exit.

Seeing that Bella was gone I laid back on the lab floor and stared at the ceiling in thought. I was honestly lucky Bella let me off with just a warning, she could have definitely made it a much bigger deal than she made it and would have been in the right, I hid a big secret from her for 17 years.

"*Sigh* Wish I could've seen Alice today." I said aloud as I thought of the pixie that was absent from my day.

I fell into deep thought with Alice being the only thing on my mind and as I thought of the vampire her ability to see the future came to mind. I knew of Alice's ability since I came to this world and since I chose to be Bella's brother I knew that she would most likely see visions of me so when I was capable enough I made an effort to block any and all gifts from affecting me using my magic so in theory, Alice shouldn't be able to see me in her visions but I was never able to confirm that and with us being bonded mates I could be completely wrong.

'Wait...' I said to myself as I thought of what happened last night.

The way I blocked abilities from being used on me was as mentioned only a theory so I don't know if it works or not yet but my theory is that 'gifts' manifest themselves in random humans causing a mutation because of the mana present in the worlds thus creating what I call Mutants. So all I do is continuously cause small magic bursts inside of every cell in my body which I believe would prevent any gift from working on me, but once again Alice's gift may be completely outside of that spectrum and this technique I use could be unable to block at all.

Now with the technique aside here came what may be the reason for the Cullens absence from school but I may be getting way ahead of myself. At the time of my Demon awakening, I wasn't aware of it but I wasn't using the technique to prevent gifts from working on me so Alice may have had a vision regarding what I went through and lost her shit.

'Even infinity stopped working at the moment of my demon awakening.' I said to myself knowing the magic technique was something I used infinity on so it was always supposed to be working but my awakening disturbed that process so I was forced to re-enable it after the awakening and with everything that happened today it was only now that I realized that Alice may have seen something regarding my awakening.

"Let's hope I was wrong..." I said as I stood up and left the lab before flying into the sky.

I didn't know where the Cullens residence was so I opted to scan the entire town of Forks instead of flying around and looking for it.

"There it is." I said as I located the Cullens' residence before flying towards it and on the way there I thought that I needed to better understand space so I could open up more forms of travel for myself.

'She's in that room.' I said as I floated above the Cullens house while using magic to take note of every being's position within the house and Alice's presence was unique to me so I knew exactly were she was.

Knowing what I was doing was weird as hell I steeled my will for my next action. Still floating in the sky I soon turned invisible and removed all traces of my existence before making my way into the house from an unlocked window which I used a sound silencing barrier on so I was unheard.

Flying through the house I soon arrived at the room Alice was in and instead of using a silencing barrier on a window this time I used it on the entirety of her room so I could enter and leave unnoticed and with that done I entered Alice's room without her or anyone noticing.

Inside the room, I saw a small figure balled up in her bed dry sobbing as she leaned into the corner of the wall with a dead expression etched into her usual happy and beautiful face, she didn't even seem alive.

'Shit.' I said not knowing how the hell I should handle this, she could be sad about plenty of things but that much sadness could only be from losing a mate or some of her family dying and all of them were alive and inside of the house right now with a depressed mood as their sister and daughter was dry sobbing in her room.

"Tristan..." Alice said as she squeezed her little hands hard causing them to crack like glass before healing.

Do I reveal myself to her and tell her I'm fine or what? I'm stumped.

'What're you overthinking for Tristan? The girl you like is crying! Man the fuck up!' I shouted at myself inwardly to pump myself up for my reckless action.

Turning off my invisibility I float towards Alice's bed before taking a seat on the side which was quickly noticed by her. Although the silencing spell was on, I made it so that nobody outside of the room could hear what was happening inside of it.

"Go away, I don't wanna talk." Alice said not moving away from the corner of the wall so I released just enough of my scent for her to know it's me but not enough for the other people in the house to smell.

Instantly Alice jumped from the corner she was in and latched onto my back like a spider monkey. Alice had her arms around my neck with her legs around my waist as she began to inhale my scent deeply with her face snuggly into the side of my neck while she repeated my name as if she was in a trance.

'...I didn't expect her to react so strongly.' I said as I let her do as she wanted to.

"TristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristanTristan" Alice repeated my name hundreds of times as she kept her face buried in my neck with an expression of pure and utter bliss on her face.

'Maybe I should do something...' I said to myself feeling that Alice wouldn't break from her trance unless I did something.

"Alice." I said causing Alice's eyes to widen.

"Tristan..." Alice said as she tighter her grip on me.

'A human would've been crushed already.' I said knowing that Alice was unknowingly using her vampire strength.

"W-what happened? How are you here?" Alice said as her voice quivered.

"Am I hallucinating? No... I don't want you to go... please stay." Alice said looking like she was about to break down.

"Okay okay calm down." I said as used magic to loosen Alice's grip and place her in my lap causing us to be face to face.

'Maybe I shouldn't have put her in this position.' I said to myself realizing I was liking this position a bit too much for the current situation.

Alice didn't even seem to care about how she had just floated and instead put her hands on both of my cheeks before turning my head left and right as she scanned me thoroughly. Done with my face Alice began to pull at my shirt and soon ripped it out of the way since I allowed my magic to cancel before rubbing all over my upper body with a smile on her face before pushing me back onto the bed and wrapping herself around me again with her head in my neck.

"Tristan..." Alice said with a smile on her face as she began inhaling my scent again.

"Alice, ugh, although I don't mind cuddling why don't we talk first?" I said to the spider monkey.

"Mhm..." Alice said half listening and half not.

Hearing Alice's confirmation I sat up with Alice still attached to me before moving further onto her bed and leaning against the wall she was curled up next to a moment ago.

"Do you have any questions?" I asked the vampire in an attempt to make her stay out of the trance she was in a bit ago.

"What happened?" Alice asked seriously, she was now able to speak fluidly.

"What do you mean?" I said wanting to probe what she knew without giving unnecessary information although I felt it was wrong.

"Tristan... What happened." Alice said with a slightly more frustrated tone, I had a feeling she was able to see me in her visions.

"*sigh* I had an awakening of sort." I said in response.

"Awakened what?" Alice said as she moved her head away from my neck and looked up at me.

"..." We hadn't known each other for a long time and although I liked Alice a lot I didn't know if it was really time to tell her my secret.

"Tristan, I already know you aren't human, but I don't know what you are." Alice said with a slightly hurt expression on her face like she knew what I was thinking.

'Fuck.' I said inwardly knowing my cautiousness hurt her feelings.

"How?" I said pretending I didn't know how she was able to know such a thing.

"I'm able to see the future and although I can't see everything regarding you I can see enough to know you aren't human." Alice replied seriously.

"I see, then that makes sense." I replied while nodding my head.

"You're aware we're mates aren't you?" Alice said with the most serious look on her face I had seen.

"Yeah, I know." I replied with a small smile causing her to smile as well before she got back to what she asked earlier.

"What did you mean by awaken? You clearly died." Alice said with a scowl on her pretty face.

"I'm a hybrid between a god and a demon, that was me awakening my demonic side, not dying." I said now knowing that Alice already knew I wasn't human so there was no need to keep it a secret.

'The rest of the Cullens probably know I'm not human either...' I said inwardly feeling that I may have made a fool of myself for pretending to be one.

"But... I saw you die." Alice said with sadness and distress prevalent on her face.

"I don't know what you saw but I'm alive Alice." I said as I looked into her eyes seriously.

"I saw y-you-" Alice said before being interrupted by me.

"You don't have to say it." I said as I placed my forehead on hers so I could see exactly what she saw.

'No wonder I deleted the memory...' I said as I looked at what she saw.

Alice was somehow able to see some of what happened during the illusion and it obviously wasn't pretty. I understood once again why I deleted the memories and I would need to do that for the both of us after this.

"That was an illusion Alice, it wasn't real." I said after separating our foreheads before continuing.

"I put myself into an illusion to awaken my demonic side." I said to the girl who was confused.

"..." Alice's confused expression turned into one of anger after she heard my words.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." I said with an apologetic expression on my face.

Alice looked at me carefully for a moment before responding.

"Tristan, I've been watching you with my visions and waiting for you for years... I know you don't know me well and perhaps I'm coming on too strong and maybe all of this is too much for you but to me... you already hold a very special place in my heart." Alice said as she placed her ear above my heart with her tone growing gradually colder before continuing.

"My feelings for you are deep and since the very first time I saw you in person I fought tooth and nail to control myself, I wish I could just take you and lock you up so we could always be together, and then last night I get a vision of you, my mate dying before we can even delve deeper into our relationship." Alice said as she tightened her grip around me.

"At first I thought that if I had been with you everything would've been fine, I could protect you and it was my fault that you suffered the way you did but now you tell me it was something you did to yourself willingly." Alice said with sensible anger.

"...I, I'm sorry Alice." I said as I wrapped my arms around Alice and held her tight.

'Locking me away is concerning.' I said as I held Alice while thinking about her words. I now knew she could still see me in her visions despite my attempt to prevent that.

Alice offered no response to my apology which worried me but instead of speaking anymore I opted to sit on the bed and hold her while ignoring the crazed look she held in her unusually dull eyes.

'Maybe I shouldn't ignore the crazed look.' I said to myself knowing that if I did this might not end up going well.

"Alice." I said getting the quiet girl's attention but once again received no response from her.

"I'm not going anywhere, I swear." I said into Alice's ear.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Alice said as she disconnected from my chest and looked into my eyes with that same look I had been ignoring earlier.

'Holy...' I said inwardly knowing that while Alice was cute, friendly, and always happy she had another side of her that was buried underneath all of her love and care which would come out whenever it came to me.

'Fuck how do I prove it?' I asked myself, I was smart with anything other than the concept of emotions and this was another time I wished I was good with them.

"Because I have no reason to leave my mate." I said hoping that would work.

"So if you had a reason you would leave me? You wouldn't fight for us?" Alice said as her grip tightened again.

'Ugh, fuck I'm losing.' I said inwardly.

"That's not what I'm saying, I mean that I wouldn't leave you if I had the choice." I said hoping to ease her.

"..." Alice didn't reply but instead stared at me intently.

"Prove it." Alice said before continuing.

"Prove that you wouldn't leave me, prove that you're sorry for what you did." Alice said seriously.

'Isn't this where I kiss her?' I said to myself knowing that in movies when girls said prove it they most likely meant to kiss them.

'This ain't a movie though.' I said knowing I might be wrong before deciding to send it, she had already said she liked me so I hope she doesn't react badly.

"If I prove it will you smile for me?" I asked with a small smile of my own which caused Alice to let out her own small smile.

"Who knows." Alice replied with a small amount of her regular happiness.

Hearing Alice's words I slowly leaned in until our lips connected which was received by Alice wonderfully. I continued with small pecks due to my inexperience with anything sexual until finally, I decided to take our kiss to the next stage.

At this point, Alice was already holding onto me tightly as we pecked each other's lips, I could visibly tell that she had calmed down but after sticking my tongue into the mouth of the girl who sat on my lap she began to squirm as our tongues clashed and fought for dominance. Alice was cute and even the new side of her I had just discovered held a certain appeal to me but right now she was unbelievably beautiful, I was entranced.

Since the beginning of this conversation, I had felt like Alice and I were going a bit fast since we really hadn't known each other for long and although Alice knew me from her visions I only knew of her from the movies so the sentiment wasn't shared but now everything felt different, completely different.

When Alice and I first met in the thrift shop I felt like like we were two puzzle pieces that had finally come together but after this kiss, I felt like we had truly come together, like before we were just a shady knockoff of what mates should be. Now Alice and I had truly become mates and the feeling was intoxicating, more so than anything I'd ever felt in both of my lives.

I had an intense interest in Alice before but now I couldn't stop my feelings for her from reaching an unfathomable depth and I didn't want to, she's just so precious... so precious that I wish I could lock her away forever.

To be continued...

28