Twenty-Three
1.2k 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is that enough?" Merlin asked me as I finished putting the Blue Spider Lily flowers into the ring she gave me.

"Yeah." I replied with a smile as I walked toward my mate.

"Will you be visiting tomorrow?" I said to Merlin as I wrapped my arms around her waist before pulling her close.

"I am, I don't like the idea of being away from you." Merlin replied immediately as an agitated look appeared on her face, even the thought of us not being together was enough to rile her up, how cute.

"Calm down sweetheart." I said with a smile before placing my lips on hers.

Merlin didn't bother responding as she wrapped her arms around my neck further deepening our kiss, I wouldn't bother denying the fact that I had become addicted to this woman since our first meeting, and the same applied to her.

"Alright, the carriage is waiting for me." I said as I reluctantly pulled away from Merlin's lips.

"...Fine." Merlin said as she rolled her eyes, she wasn't annoyed with me but with me leaving.

"I'll see you tomorrow, handsome." Merlin said as she gave me one more kiss before leaving me at the bottom of the tower.

I watched Merlin fly up to the top of the tower for a few moments before leaving through the door I entered.

"Good evening, Your Highness." The carriage driver who dropped me off earlier said as he bowed beside the open carriage door.

"Thanks." I said as I got into the carriage and a few moments later we were flying back toward the Castle where my family lived.

I sat in the carriage silently as I thought of my time with Merlin. She and I had a lot in common and our lust for knowledge and strength was one of them, we both walked separate paths which ended at the same point and I liked that, we could help each other in our own special ways.

'What a wonderful woman.' I said to myself as I smiled, I liked Merlin a lot.

Time flew by and soon enough I was back at the castle but I couldn't stay for long, it was time for me to leave.

"Have fun?" Meliodas asked me as we walked toward the room where Elizabeth and Luna were in.

"Yeah." I replied before a knowing smile formed on Meliodas's face.

"You smell like a woman, I recommend washing the scent away, your mother will have many questions if she smells it." Meliodas said with a smile.

"Good idea." I said before using magic to clean myself quickly.

"How about next weekend we show you around the Kingdom's capital?" Meliodas asked curiously.

"Sounds good, I'm curious as to what it'll be like." I replied as we walked into Luna's playroom.

"Then it's a plan." Meliodas said getting Elizabeth's attention.

"Hello, did you have fun sweetheart?"Elizabeth said as she stood up and was soon followed by Luna who sprinted at me with a big smile on her face.

"Big brother, let's play." Luna said as she held my pant leg.

It was hard to resist such cuteness but Elizabeth was there to save the day.

"Big brother can't play now, he has to go." Elizabeth said as she patted Luna's head.

Luna didn't respond and instead started pouting.

"I'll be back next weekend Luna, we can play as much as you want then." I said with a smile.

"Promise?" Luna said as she raised her pinky finger.

"Promise." I said as I wrapped my pinky finger around Luna's causing her to smile brightly.

With that done we all conversed a bit more before I was once again outside of the castle standing next to an open carriage that would take me back to Forks.

"Alright, I'll see you guys next weekend." I said with a smile as I got into the carriage, we had already hugged and said our goodbyes.

"See ya' then!" Meliodas said as Elizabeth smiled with the slightly pouting Luna.

"Oh yeah, the stuff you wanted will be delivered to your lab tomorrow." Meliodas said as the carriage took off.

"Thanks." I said knowing he could hear me even though I was in the air.

The ride back to Forks was quiet as I thought of what I would do once I arrived home, The Blue Spider Lily, I had many plans for it.

'It shouldn't be hard to mimic the effects it had on Muzan if it's the real thing.' I said to myself as I thought about how early the time was when Muzan became a demon, it was so far in the past that anything medical wasn't complicated in the least.

'If I could destroy the side effects of the Blue Spider Lily, I could become much stronger.' I said inwardly as I continued.

'Wouldn't I become the Progenitor of a new type of Demon like Muzan was?' I said to myself as I thought about what would happen if I did what I wanted.

"We've arrived Your Highness." The carriage driver said as he opened the carriage door for me to exit.

"Thanks." I said as I got out of the carriage.

"Of course, until next time." The driver said before bowing and leaving.

'Guess I'll head inside first.' I said as I flew down from the clouds while casting an invisibility spell so nobody saw me.

"Well, guess I don't need to say anything yet." I said aloud as I changed my course to the lab, nobody was home right now.

"Home sweet home." I said with a smile as I walked into my ever so precious lab

Walking into my lab I scanned everything for any sign of disturbance but found nothing and although I wanted to dive right into my research I needed to let Alice know I was back first.

With that in mind, I took out my phone before texting Alice who soon replied saying that she was out hunting with the rest of the Cullens and would be back in a few hours.

"Well, let's get into it." I said before using the ring Merlin gave me to take out some of the things she gave me.

Of course one of them was the Blue Spider Lily but she gave me more than that. Potions, materials, ingredients, and more, she made sure I had everything I could need to have fun in my lab, a wonderful woman indeed.

Knowing that the Blue Spider Lily was what I wanted to focus on I quickly jumped into researching it.

I remember some of the details about the flower. The Blue Spider Lily only blooms at daytime for two to three days a year, after which it closes back up, resembling a large horsetail weed. In some cases, depending on the climate, the Blue Spider Lily doesn't even bloom at all. This was one of the reasons why Muzan never found the flower again despite searching all over Japan for centuries: he was hindered by his inability to go out during the day.

'I'm surprised Merlin was able to give me so many of them.' I said inwardly knowing I would talk to her about it later, she gave me hundreds of these very special flowers.

The flower was highly poisonous to things that were considered healthy, it attacked each cell in the body until the body gave out and died, that was the first thing I noted after forcing one of the subjects to eat the flower whole.

'Muzan was very sickly before being treated with the Blue Spider Lily.' I said to myself feeling that it made sense.

"Oh?" I said as looked at the human blood in the microscope mutate and gain different properties, it had become Demon blood.

I tried this multiple times with a variety of different blood types but type O blood which is from a sickly human works the best, it gained the most strength from the flower as well as more versatility, the cells were able to mimic other cells, red cells became brains cells and so on, it was amazing.

"What if I implement the Blue Spider Lily into the Super Nephalem Serum I'm making for myself?" I said aloud as I wondered if I could create an even stronger SN Serum, no it wouldn't even be the SN Serum anymore, it would be more than that, much more.

'So many things to choose from.' I said inwardly with a smile on my face, I had many ways I could go about this but I did have a worry.

Currently, I have the Goddess bloodline, a fused Demon bloodline from Meliodas, and a Demon God bloodline from the Hanma's but a Nephalem is a perfect balance of the two powers, God and Demon. The thing I'm worried about is that if I continue increasing my Demon bloodline will I break the balance? Perhaps I need to increase my God bloodline as well, just training them won't be enough, I need something more.

'Only time will tell.' I said to myself as I resumed my work.

To be continued...

16