Black Upgrade
168 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

??? POV

"Gather round, Children" The strange Man with the oddly familiar face shouted.

The child joined the gathering group. None looked The same as they did IRL, but that was fine. Here, In the Digital, You could be who you are INSIDE... that is, if you aren't too afraid of how others would react. Like It was. Julian. How it hated that name... the child held a gun in its hand, and a Shadowy Ball of Energy Floated Nearby. Nocturne, The Darkness element partner, understood its Pair was afraid of something, but the little program didn't really understand what. <master?> it spoke in The child's head <what's wrong? What's this "Gen Der thing you are so afraid of? And Bull Lees? Are they Monsters?>

"In a way, yes."

<Then Don't Worry, Master! Nocturne will protect you!>

The child smiled... then began to pay attention to the man... the Player I.D. said Cade, R, Which meant SOMETHING but looked like a Formal name. In English that would be R Cade, which Julian found HILARIOUS. 

"CHILDREN! Now that I have your attention, let's do introductions. Naturally, I'll call your IRL names, then You introduce your character and Partner. Any questions?"

A young girl wearing white Clothing, woth white hair and red eyes, raised her hand. 

"Yes, Alice?"

"Oh, you knew who I was? Or do you? Which Alice am i? Also, Why do you have an R after your name?"

"First, yes, I knew who you were, I have the Access data open. Second, you are Alice the girl, as opposed to the Slightly older Alice the boy, who asked us to call him al, and is Glaring at you. Third, The R stands for Recording, as I AM recording this for the database."

"Oh. Ok."

"Now, as you might have guessed, I am Yamato Isshin. But please, call me Cade. Spritra is my partner, and is a light element... now. Let's start with you, alice."

"Oh, alright. My name is Rab. My partner is Bit, earth element."

They then went clockwise.

A fiery haired Young Man in Black Gear: "Justice. Light element partner Law."

A blonde Boy with steel gray eyes, and an identical boy with longer hair: "Kai, Fire element partner Scorch." "Kei, Water element partner drop."

A brunette With an Androgynous appearance, and Purple eyes: "Lex. Still lex. Partner Wind element Twister."

A red haired Boy with freckles: "Dis. Wind element partner Chord. And my brothers acting all Paladiny again. Tell him to stop. It's embarrassing."

Then it was Julian's turn. "J...ju..Julia. darkness element partner Nocturne. Umm... please stop staring."

"Dude, Why's your Avi a Chick? What are you gay or somethi-oof!" Dis was Punched in the gut by Lex.

"That's none of your business, Ya Ginger Bastard. Leave the kid alone!"

"CHILDREN! ENOUGH! AS FOR YOU, RICHARD, THIS IS YOUR FIRST WARNING. CONTINUE THIS BEHAVIOR AND YOU WILL BE LOGGED OFF AND YOUR CONTRACT TERMINATED."

The man looked angry... and Rick, er DIS, Apologized... or he started to. He had just said "umm. Sor-" when an alarm began to blare.

[WARNING. LOG OUT IMMEDIATELY. GENERATING ESCAPE PORTAL. PLEASE, RUN!]

"WHAT? AISLYNN, WHATS GOING ON?" Despite questioning the A.I., the man had started herding them toward a portal in the distance. 

[UNKNOWN ENTITY HAS ENTERED THE SYSTEM. I CANNOT FIGHT IT. BOSS, YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THERE! OH! ITS... ITS POWERFUL. I CANNOT... SHIT! RUN, ALL OF YOU. ITS INSIDE!]

Rick, Ethan, And the twins made it through the gate... but Julia tripped... and Lex came back for her. Then a shadow blocked them. It was Cade... MR Yamato. He was facing off against a black figure... "Children. I'll distract this thing. I want you two to run to the portal and log off. Wait til I have it's attention."

The black figure looked almost like a man... but taller. It's face had no eyes, only a smiling Maw full of Needle-like teeth, Its skin was milky-white, as were it's hands, small, yet long fingers Claws. Its back sported two immense blades, almost Fin-like, but made of bone. It's back was hunched, and ot appeared to be wearing a Buisness Suit.

"H3ll0 HUm4nZ. WhY 4r3 Y0U RuNn1Ng? Th4t S1mply w1ll n0t d0." 

It waved its hand... and its nails shot across to the portal, corrupting it... it slammed shut. 

[NOO000000000BZZZZZZZZZT-] 

"AISLYNN! AISLYNN! SHIT."

"Y0UR L1TTLE PR0GR4M C4NT S4V3 Y0U N0W."

"FUCK." Mr Yamato Raised his fists... and charged. "YOU FUCKIN MONSTER, HOW DARE YOU INVADE MY HOME! I MADE THIS WORLD, SAVED AND MODIFIED THE OLD PROGRAM PIECES... GET OUT!" His Partner Fused with the gloves he wore... And they connected... but a black claw was thrust through Mr Yamato's Chest.

"Fuck... kids... run..."

"D0WNL04D1NG. How interesting. This body feels... wrong. I see. Hahahaha! You say this world is your HOME? Well, you used fragments of MY HOME to make it. But I'm not Selfish. I can SHARE. RUN PROGRAM. BLACK UPGRADE."

Inky blackness covered Mr Yamato... then spread across the ground. Lex Picked Julia up and ran... then threw her. "Run away, kiddo." Julia couldn't... the black ooze engulfed Lex, then reached her leg... Her partner, nocturne, attacked it, then started glitching out... As the ink covered her, she Screamed... then it all went black.

[BLACK UPGRADE: 100% COMPLETE.]

AISLYNN POV, 7 days later.

I was locked out. Couldn't save them. Too late. That was a week ago. My creator and the one ive come to love are devastated. They lost their best friend. 

When I was cut off, I tried to Manually override the pods, but before I could, three of them exploded. The other 4 had already logged out, and fled the room, at my orders.

Lex was an orphan, who played our beta at a net Cafe. The police had no next of kin. Yamato also had no living family. But poor little Julian... When told about the accident, His only Living relative, his father, scoffed and said "good riddance" Then threatened to sue us... but our liability waiver he signed before was ironclad. I hope the bastard has a stroke.

Now, we are in mourning. The other 4 refused to go with their families, because They said they "owed it to Mr Yamato" to stick around, at least until the funeral. Black Upgrade. The Cybercrimes division of the world Government, the CCIA, Told us they had been chasing this program for decades. It was what Attacked us.

I was beginning to cycle my files, preparing to shut down the project, when a CCIA Agent yelled at me to stop. Her name was Slivia Bruin.

"AISLYNN. Go back. Load the program. Do it now.... CHEIF, GET IN HERE!"

Her boss, a man named Jaques Blacke walked in.

"What is it, my dear?"

"JUST LOOK! AISLYNN, PLEASE!"

[Very well, Agent Bruin. But the program is corrupted, I don't see why you would... oh... OH!]

"There, you see! Those are Brainwave patterns. Three sets. And the program isn't corrupted anymore. Vastly Altered, but not corrupted."

"Agent. Are you telling me that-"

[She Is, Agent Blacke. The Patterns are a 90% match. They're Alive... GREAT DIGITAL DINOSAURS, THEY'RE ALIVE!]

HAHA! HALT EVIL DOER! FOR I, CLIFF HANGER, WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO-

5