Chapter 2: The Old and New
510 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

While the bear-like monster is lunging at him. In a very short moment, Mortred is thinking about how to fight the monster. He glanced at the weapon left behind by the dead blonde man it was positioned at the back of the bear. He planned on taking the weapon and casting magic on it to kill the monster. Putting strength on both of his legs Mortred cast a magic spell "Celeritas!".

Right after he cast the magic spell the bear-like monster was already over him, Mortred perfectly timed his cast and jumped under the monster with lightning speed. Rolling a meter before taking the sickle, turning back, and pulling the chains of the weapon to attack the monster.

Mortred cast another magic spell “Lacertus!”, both of his arms bulged with strength, and without waiting for the monster to turn he aimed the sickle right under the butt of the monster.

Graaa!

The bear-like monster screamed from the attack, it impulsively tried to remove itself from the bondage of the sickle, and in turn, the insides of the monster came out as it pulled itself away from the weapon. A loud crashing sound was heard, and the monster was down, breathing heavily and staring right at Mortred.

Mortred stared back and he decided to get near to the monster and end the conflict. But yet again, the monster slowly turned into dust leaving behind only its claws pristinely clean without blood like there’s no murder happened earlier.

Mortred’s eyes followed the dust carried by the wind dazed and confused, his eyes suddenly turned dark for a split second. Bringing himself out of stupor, he sat down and contemplated about his current situation.

‘Am I dreaming? But I should be dead, deader than dead, however here I am at the Slime Field where I just killed a mid-level monster, purgatorio. It reminds me of my very first mission after enrolling at the Cesena Sword and Magic Academy but there’s something amiss.’

“Mortred!”

Suddenly, someone shouted his name, he turned to look and saw an above-average-looking female waving at him. She was familiar to him, looking down from head to toe, she had black raven hair tied into a ponytail, a sharp nose, a blushing face, and an olive complexion resulting from having too much exposure to the sun.

He remembered that face, 34D proportioned with an hourglass-shaped body. It is his teammate and his former life lover, Denise.

Denise ran in front of him. “What are you doing here? We were supposed to go back to the academy an hour ago and here you are enjoying the morning sunlight... Wait, what happened here?” Denise asked looking at the ruined ground that was once a field of flowers and grass.

Mortred grinned at her babble, he remembered that she was such a woman who irritated him to no end but this time he found it funny and sort of nostalgic. He replied.

“I was just basking in the sunlight then suddenly there was this blonde dude fighting a bear. He died and the bear found me and I had to fight to survive.”

“I don’t believe you! This is a slime field how can there be a bear at this low-level place?” Denise rebutted against Mortred’s seemingly lie.

“It’s the truth. Look at this! Aren’t these the claws of a bear?”

“Shut up weakling! We’ll see if you’re telling the truth, let’s go back to the academy already everyone is waiting.” Denise reprimanded.

“Okay, okay! Don’t be such a…

“Such a what?!”

“Such a beauty.”

“Stupid!” Denise harrumphed and walked away.

 

6