Chapter 4: Cesena Sword and Magic Academy Part 2
370 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The FT1433 hovered over on the horizon. Several houses, lodgings, restaurants, a marketplace, and other stores can be seen neatly organized, each horizontal block contains eight buildings surrounded by a street, and in the middle of those buildings is an atrium an open roofless space for the residences. This is a typical building block of the Cesena Kingdom, the number of medieval house floors depends on the location, and in this location, two floors are allowed to be built. The Cesena Kingdom was built and separated into three concentric circles, wherein the residents in the outermost circle are composed of farmer families, it is also the location that encompasses the largest territorial land of the kingdom. 

There was not much thought in the building structure of the Kingdom before but it changed 30 years ago when the kingdom was attacked by a mysterious mage. The concentric circles do not only divide the families of farmers, skilled workers, and the elite of the Kingdom but it's also a large magic formation.

The mage who attacked was adept in space magic as he had the strength to assassinate the late Headmaster of the academy who is also the King of Cesena, using his space magic he was able to summon a vortex distorting the lights and matter of the surrounding, he first dislodged the left arm of the King. The King was able to respond quickly and retaliate for a while, but seconds passed and he lost his other 2 limbs, the right arm and left leg.  

As he was destined to be doomed, he chose to self-destruct using his remaining mana inside his body, the mana compressed as it turned into a deeper red color, and by the sheer power of the imminent discharge of mana he was able to seal the space for a moment to prevent the mage from escaping but it was not enough. The mysterious space mage managed to cast his spell yet again sucking in the explosion of mana that nearly hit him and teleporting the explosion on the buildings below causing destruction and death. 

The mages and sword experts of the academy watched in horror as they were unable to support their headmaster, and after seeing the devastation of the explosion, they rained down spells with differing hues on the space mage but it was futile, the magical and sword attacks didn't leave a scratch on his body. A space vortex appeared then the space mage leisurely escaped.

The reason behind the attack was unknown to the public, but there were people in the Kingdom who knew the truth and these people were just waiting for the prepared trap to be triggered.


The FT parked in the front garden of the Cesena Academy Castle, it is a large eight-story-high building, that has nine towers with a hundred sixty-nine staircases, one of those towers is where the headmaster resides and the remaining eight towers are divided into four chambers of the academy namely: Sepheron, Drathal, Kelthuzad, and Zody. 

"Go back to your respective chambers and I will go report to the headmaster, later at 8 pm go to the conference room on the 7th floor of Sepheron Tower," Mrs. Andrea instructed the team.

As they go to their respected chamber, Mortred decides to stay and calls Mrs. Andrea halting her steps. She turned and looked at Mortred and asked him.

"What's the matter?"

"Can I go with you? Something is bugging me and I think I need to tell it to the headmaster."

"What is it? You don't need to talk with the headmaster, you can just tell me."

"It's about the purgatorio, I didn't tell Denise the whole story. After the blonde man was killed by the purgatorio it turned into dust the same thing happened when I killed the purgatorio. I have to tell this to the headmaster himself."

Mrs. Andrea didn't question Mortred's statement, "Alright, but observe your conduct, as he does not like men around him, especially a handsome young man like you."

"You flatter me."

 

5