6-Lizard man Village
345 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6-lizard man village

Swain, with a sinister smile on his face, limped toward the lizardmen's village. Each step he took brought the lizardmen closer to their demise. When he was close enough to the village, two lizardmen noticed him and screamed.

"Enemy!!!"

"The guard is dead!!!"

One of the lizardmen shouted and sprinted toward the center of the village. The other, with a spear on his back, aimed it at Swain.

The lizardman's spear resembled Swain's own. Its metal part glimmered ominously in the darkness.

*How can they be so sure the guard is dead?* Swain wondered.

When he killed the guard, there was no one nearby. So, it shouldn't have been easily noticeable. Swain looked thoughtfully at the lizardman before him. The lizardman, fueled by anger and hatred, spoke.

"My brother's scent is ingrained all over you! You'll pay for killing him!"

After saying this, the lizardman charged at Swain with fury. Lizardmen had physical attributes slightly beyond those of regular humans. They were almost as strong as Swain.

"So, he figured out I killed the guard because of his scent," Swain muttered, launching himself at the lizardman.

Although the lizardman's physical strength was comparable to Swain's, there was a significant difference in their training. Swain, despite lacking extensive experience, had been honing his skills since childhood and knew how to remain calm during battle.

*His body is quite unbalanced.*

Swain considered this and took a step toward the lizardman charging at him. With a swift motion, he hurled his spear.

The lizardman, realizing Swain's attack, stopped running and raised his spear to block it.

"Fooled you!" Swain grinned. As he continued the spear's motion, he twisted his body, rapidly changing the spear's target.

Before the lizardman could comprehend what was happening, Swain's spear sliced through his leg like a razor.

"AAARRGGHHH!" The lizardman groaned in pain, losing his balance and collapsing to the ground.

Seizing the opportunity, Swain swung his spear with all his might, severing the lizardman's arms.

"AH!"

As the lizardman writhed in pain on the ground, tears streamed from his eyes. His single leg and two arms had been severed, leaving him utterly helpless. Swain approached him with deliberate steps, bending down to grasp the lizardman by the neck.

The lizardman stared blankly at Swain, realizing that death was imminent. He began to murmur something.

"In my final breath... I offer my soul to you... master of the dark dimensions..." The lizardman's words were cut short as Swain covered his mouth, a wicked smile playing on his lips.

As the lizardman locked eyes with Swain, he felt an inexplicable agony in his soul. It was as if someone were pricking it with a needle.

"My apologies, but your soul cannot be offered to anyone," Swain declared. His eyes glowed with an intensified shade of purple.

"After all, your soul belongs to me." With that, he activated his demonic energy, swiftly draining the lizardman's soul and life force.

In mere seconds, the lizardman's skin turned pallid, shrinking and drying like a drained corpse.

Swain felt the rush of soul energy being devoured by the demonic force, and all the wounds on his body healed. However, there were still injuries that refused to mend. One was his left leg, damaged internally due to excessive use of demonic energy.

The other was his left arm, severed by Odin. Just like his leg, the arm had suffered significant internal damage from the intense use of demonic energy. When Odin had cut it off, it remained in its current state.

Standing up with a satisfied expression, Swain glanced at the lizardmen charging toward him. "Seventeen individuals. To eliminate them, I'll need to use the demonic energy," he declared. The smile on his face gave way to a serious resolve.

Although the lizardmen were not physically strong, their sheer numbers posed a significant challenge for Swain. He had to face them alone.

"Hopefully, none of them draws power from the dark dimensions," Swain murmured. He pulled back his spear and hurled it with all his might. The spear cut through the wind, hurtling toward the lizardman at the forefront.

The lizardman noticed the incoming spear early and was about to dodge when he heard a voice.

"CEASE!"

At that moment, the lizardman found himself immobilized. It was as if an unseen force held him in place, preventing any movement. Despite his struggles, he couldn't budge. All he could do was watch as the spear impaled his chest.

The impact sprayed blood around, and the lizardman was propelled backward by the force of the blow.

"16," Swain declared. Retrieving the spear next to him, he repeated the same action. Once again, the lizardman attempted to evade, but Swain used a binding spell to prevent his escape. The spear found its mark, piercing the lizardman's head and ending his life.

"15."

As Swain found himself without anything left to throw, he assumed a defensive position and tried to stay on the outer edge as much as possible. If Swain were to enter the midst of the lizardmen, their numerical advantage would expose him to severe injuries. Considering he had only one arm, death was even a possibility.

Having already used his judgment ability twice, Swain's demonic energy reserves were significantly depleted. He could have waited to use the demonic energy later, but he chose to use it now because he knew that killing another lizardman would easily replenish his reserves.

Finally, the lizardmen closed in on Swain. The nearest lizardman swung his spear from the side. The point of impact was Swain's left side, where he lacked an arm for defense.

Swain furrowed his brow and took a swift step toward the lizardman. By closing the distance, he avoided the spear's blow. However, this move left him vulnerable.

Another lizardman hurled his spear, inflicting a deep wound on Swain's shoulder. Swain winced in pain but, drawing on that pain, he seized the lizardman in front of him by the neck. Then, using his demonic energy, he swiftly drained the lizardman's soul and life force.

As the wound on Swain's shoulder rapidly healed with demonic energy, he seized the lizardman's spear. With a forceful motion, he hurled it, slicing through the abdomen of another nearby lizardman. The wounded lizardman writhed in pain, dropping his own spear and clutching the bleeding wound.

Without hesitation, Swain closed in on the lizardman and drove his spear into the creature's skull, ending its life.

"13," Swain muttered.

As he sensed another attack coming from behind, Swain swiftly dodged, narrowly avoiding the blow. But before he could rise from the ground, yet another assault was launched at him.

Lifting his spear, Swain deflected this attack as well. He bent the spear slightly, causing the lizardman to lose his grip and stumble onto one leg. Seizing the opportunity, Swain hurled his spear, severing the lizardman's right leg. The lizardman was left crippled.

However, before Swain could turn around, another spear hurtled toward him, impaling his back.

"AAAARRRHH!" Swain cried out, gritting his teeth. With fury etched on his face, he spun around and retaliated. Grabbing his own spear, he flung it at the lizardman who had thrown the spear.

The lizardman was relatively close. Without resorting to any magic, Swain's thrown spear pierced the lizardman's chest, instantly ending his life.

Swain pulled the spear from his back, wincing at the pain. Despite the agony, he gritted his teeth and endured.

"Damn insects!" Swain exclaimed.

"I need to heal," he whispered, hobbling toward the lizardman lying legless on the ground.

As Swain reached the lizardman's side, an arrow flew, striking his left kneecap. The impact was forceful, shattering Swain's kneecap. He collapsed onto his one remaining knee, primitive rage etching his face.

Eleven lizardmen stood, armed—ten with spears, one with a bow and arrow. They remained motionless, observing Swain with caution.

"You'll pay for killing our brethren!" shouted one of the lizardmen, charging at Swain with fury.

"No! Don't do this!" cried the lizardman with the bow, but the other paid no heed, continuing his relentless pursuit.

As the lizardman closed in on Swain, spear poised to strike his head, Swain's eyes glowed with a vivid purple light. With a sudden movement, he shifted his head to the side, narrowly evading the spear. The lizardman, blood dripping from his mouth, stared in disbelief as the spear missed Swain's head, grazing only his cheek. But in that very instant, Swain drove his own spear into the lizardman's heart.

*Before he dies, I must absorb his life energy,* Swain thought. He withdrew the spear, then seized the lizardman by the neck.

The surrounding lizardmen gaped, witnessing the rapid healing of Swain's back and kneecap wounds. The recovery was monstrous, defying belief.

Tossing the crumpled, lifeless lizardman aside, Swain rose to his feet. His face bore an immense grin, and his eyes radiated a brilliant purple glow, illuminating the darkness around him.

Swain's face contorted with madness as he muttered, "10," charging toward the lizardmen. Caught off guard, they watched in shock as Swain hurled his spear, decapitating one of the lizardmen.

"BURN!" Swain whispered, and instantly, the archer aiming from a distance burst into flames. The lizardman writhed on the ground, engulfed in red fire that refused to extinguish.

The remaining lizardmen snapped out of their stupor and converged on Swain. He fought them relentlessly, heedless of his own injuries. With each spear thrust, another lizardman fell, inching closer to death.

"8."

"7."

"6."

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2."

"1."

Swain counted aloud as he dispatched each lizardman. The remaining four lizardmen turned their backs and attempted to flee, but Swain pursued mercilessly, ending their lives.

Swain, with a grin that bordered on madness, stared at the last remaining lizardman. The creature's legs had been severed, and tears streamed from its eyes. Swain's entire body was drenched in blood. His once-white hair now bore no trace of its original color, and his face was obscured by the thick crimson fluid. The only striking feature visible was the glow of his purple eyes, which seemed to pierce through the darkness.

Swain's spear had dulled and twisted, but its sharpness mattered little; it was the deeds he accomplished with it that held significance.

"How long has this village been here?" Swain inquired, the grin never leaving his face.

"Go... to hell!" the lizardman managed to rasp out.

Swain chuckled at the response, the sound escalating into full-blown laughter.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."

The lizardman stared at him, bewildered. He couldn't predict the actions of the person before him.

"Do you know who I am?" Swain asked, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"No one can keep secrets from me! Not even this universe!" he added.

"When the time comes, I'll uncover all the secrets within this universe!" Swain declared, lifting the lizardman by the throat.

"Now, let's see what kind of secrets you're hiding."

As Swain spoke, the glow in his eyes intensified, locking onto the lizardman's gaze.

15