– Hangout
133 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been three days since Agnes and I started our relationship. During these days, I have been dedicated to my school work while she has returned to her job. After expressing our commitment to each other on that particular day, we simply shared meals and enjoyed leisure activities.

[Where are you now?] As I hold my phone and peruse through the messages, I saw her inquiry. These days, our correspondence is limited to text exchanges.

[I am currently at home, and my friends visited today. We are hanging out together.] 

I responded, holding my phone while seated on the couch. On one side of me, my friends were engaged in conversation, playing games, eating, and studying. We were positioned around a table in the center of the room, which is a lounge, with some of my friends standing.

[Ah, the conversation we previously had, where I observed their characteristics through your text messages.]

[Yes, they expressed the desire to spend time together, so we decided on today.]

[Take your time, and we will meet each other soon.] she replied, causing me to smile.

[I will. See you. Don't forget to rest.] I responded, turning off my phone and placing it in my pocket. However, the atmosphere with my friends remained lively and noisy as they were occupied with their own activities. I couldn't help but observe them quietly and listen to their conversations, holding my book filled with assignments in my hands.

"The world is full of miracles! I too am considered a miracle as I continue to move, yet my brain remains motionless! I wonder why. I have not been able to acquire knowledge!"

"Enry, lower your voice! You are being louder than them─ Furthermore, why must you be in a kneeling position? Stand up!"

"Finna, let him be. Besides, why have you requested that we all wear animal pajamas for this gathering? I cannot help but feel curious."

"It is quite obvious, quendrese. Because it is cute─ Akh!"

"Hey! We are just sitting here and I just heard a loud noise! Be careful with what you throw, as the pillow just hit Finna in the face!"

"Rocio, there's no need to describe it. It can be quite embarrassing. And please lower your voice as well. Do not concern yourself with them, they're just having fun and I understand─ Ahk!"

Once again, the white pillow struck her in the face, causing her to let out a grunt. Finna stood up and we all looked on silently. 

"...Evie," she said her name ominously.

"I did not intend to hit you, I assure you. No, the pillow didn't mean to hit you," Evie responded, and visibly gulped.

"You are responsible for starting the pillow fight, but why did you have to throw the pillow?" she continued to speak, her hooded animal pajama covering her face as her head slightly lowered while standing upright.

"I repeat, the pillow didn't mean to hit you," Evie reiterating. "You understand me, right Izabelle?"

"Oh my, of course, Evie. Anyway, Finna, don't be like that. We are friends. You look quite frightening now. Where's your joyful demeanor?" she said to her with a forced smile, including the others beside them.

"You should join us."

"You already finished the assignments too."

"Let's have fun."

"Finna, I heard you want to travel. Let's go to the edge of the world, which is Antarctica. Let's travel there when we grow older."

"There are gates to other dimensions of the world."

"That would be the parallel world."

"In any case, your teddy bear pajamas suit you well."

"Indeed──"

"Run!" 

Without listening, Finna ran towards them and they all ran away. 

We just watched them, our heads immediately turned to the tasks at hand, and we fell momentarily silent.

"It's now my turn," Rocio said, while the others who were playing Jenga with him were positioned around the glass as we sat on the couch, with the table in the center.

"Enry, you mentioned that your brain is stagnant. I suggest doing a search to learn the definitions and explore alternative options." 

"Yeah, I will do that, Ceri. Thank you for the tip," Enry responded while seated on the couch now, holding the book.

"It's just that we are in a similar situation. All I did was read them repeatedly to memorize, and thereafter I was able to learn about it," Ceri, sitting beside me with a laptop and books in front of us, replied with a smile. Enry responded with a nod.

"The thesis seems challenging," one of our friends expressed.

"We are investing our time in this."

"Don't feel discouraged, we will overcome this together as a team as well."

"I am also uncertain about which career path to pursue," the other added.

"Let's not worry about the unknown. We are still young and destined to learn about the future. Our focus should be on the present," Ceri reassured them. With this, she instilled confidence, and they began engaging in their activities.

"Ceri is such a fine woman," the other cheerfully remarked.

"Your personality seems mature."

"Don't be exaggerating," she chuckled.

"Azariah, I've noticed that you are only eating stir-fried vegetables and fruit salad. However, you should be more mindful of your posture, as your legs are wide apart, which can be perceived as unladylike," Ceri said, addressing her in front of us.

"That's quite mean," she replied calmly while continuing to eat. 

"I believe you are feeling envious. Why not try copying me?" she added after finishing her bite.

"No, I am not jealous. I simply expressed my thoughts," Ceri replied. Azariah then stood up, causing her eyes to widen. 

Azariah leaned towards her, holding a spoonful of fruit salad. "Say ahhh," she said, causing her to react in shock. 

"Are you serious?! This is indirect contact!" Ceri exclaimed. 

"Don't worry, my saliva is clean, and I brush my teeth regularly."

"Y-You don't have to assure me! Also, that's not what I meant!" Ceri stammered, feeling flustered. 

"I understand. We are both girls, you know," Azariah responded.

"Whatever," Ceri gave up and sighed, tucking her long hair behind her ear and continuing to eat. Azariah sat back down, while the others focused on their studies or played.

"Kat, what is another example of feeling overwhelmed?" Quendrese inquired.

"It occurs when one feels like there is an excessive amount of tasks and doesn't know how to manage them all."

"I get it. Thank you," Quendrese expressed gratitude and returned her attention to her book.

"Mavis, may I borrow your Cross Bailey Light Polished Rollerball Pen?" 

"That's kinda long," Azariah said.

"Kat, you don't have to get permission from me, just take it," Mavis responded with a wide smile, beside me, as she talked to the others who were playing Jenga. 

Suddenly, Ceri, who had been focused on the laptop, turned her attention towards me

"Athy, did you happen to see my previous text message about my canine companion? The other messages are flooding in. I am concerned that you may have missed it."

"I assure you, I did see it, and it was adorable."

"I'm glad. Why don't you consider getting a pet as well?"

"Ceri, I will give it some thought. Thank you for considering me."

"Pets are not only fluffy, but they also provide warmth," she replied cheerfully. This caused me to smile widely.

"Our skin is warm as well, as it is due to the flow of blood," Azariah stated while still eating.

"Indeed. On another note, I should refrain from discussing pets since you are allergic to them. It's unfortunate for you. Hohoho," Ceri said, looking at her and suppressing a sarcastic laugh with her hand.

"Leonil, please concentrate on the game. I have noticed that you keep glancing at Athy," Rocio said, causing me to be surprised upon hearing my name.

"Be quiet, you nincompoop!" Leonil exclaimed in response, visibly embarrassed. I paid no mind to him and tried not to think about it. There is a feeling that I must dismiss.

"Help!" In the midst of our conversation, Evie shouted from a short distance, emerging from the stairway and running towards us while holding a white pillow. We all turned our attention to her, noticing the fear in her expression.

"What is the matter now?" Kat asked as Evie reached us, panting. "...Izabelle is... Haahh."

"Here, have some water first." Quendrese offered her a glass of water. "Ah, thank you," Evie replied gratefully, taking the glass and drinking. 

"Where are the others? You're the only one who came back," Mavis chuckled as Evie drank the water. 

"The others are hiding. I'm going to find them," she said after finishing her drink. "You see, I heard Izabelle screaming in Athy's room. Finna seems to have caught her, causing me to peek, and I caught a glimpse of her scary smile as Izabelle lay on the floor with Finna on top of her, the room illuminated by moonlight. I don't know what Finna is doing to her causing her to scream, so I asked for help," she continued speaking.

"Don't worry about them. I've known Finna since we were childhood friends. She likes to smirk and playfully tickle, so maybe that's what you saw, and she was tickling her," Azariah said reassuringly.

"That's surprising," Kat laughed.

"I see, then I don't have to worry," Evie responded, placing the glass on the table. 

"Since it's already night, I think I should pretend to be a ghost and scare them," she said with a serious face. We fell silent and nodded in response. 

"I'll be back, everyone!" she cheerfully exclaimed as she ran towards the staircase.

"Evie seems to have a fondness for horror, doesn't she," Mavis remarked.

"It is," Kat responded, while the others returned to their respective activities. 

As I pondered the time, I observed that it was already night. "It's getting late, perhaps you should all sleep over here. Also, make sure to inform your parents about your plans," I said after looking at the timepiece. 

The group agreed and nodded in response, continuing with their tasks. Amidst our busy endeavors, I overheard the others happily conversing. 

"We arrived in the morning, so the night has caught up with us." 

"We needed to complete our assignments."

"Why don't we order some food online?" Another suggested.

"Count me in," someone responded.

"May I borrow your phone for a moment?" 

"You may."

"I forgot, I need to reply to my boyfriend's message." The conversation took a turn when the person realized.

"Excuse me? Please use the term 'partner' instead of 'boyfriend'. Let's be respectful." An interruption followed, as someone requested. 

"You're too bitter."

"I enjoy this delicious vegetables, with juices."

"It is a result of Athy's culinary skills, which can be attributed to her involvement in school-based culinary education." The topic then shifted, and hearing my name makes me uncomfortable.

"Indeed, she is not only friendly but she also did not see us as classmates," someone else added in agreement.

"Which building is your class in?" Curiosity arose as someone inquired. 

"Arts, and I have been particularly fascinated with Vincent van Gogh's works lately." The response came promptly.

Their conversation appears to be random, and I can still hear them speaking happily and making quiet movements.

"Don't stand too close, and let's not move as the wind might pass through our swaying clothes. At this rate, the Jenga blocks will fall."

"There's something on my mind. Why did you choose to study at an international school?"

"Where did that come from? I study at an international school because I like to learn about people from other countries."

"That's relatable. The idea of attending an international school seems satisfactory to me, as it gathers people from various races."

"I have come to realize that some people from other countries may share similarities, despite their different appearances." 

"Indeed, all of God's people are similar." 

"Then, why do we also experience love?" 

"Is it necessary to ask that? It is quite evident, as stated in the bible. We love because he first loved us." 

"I understand, and for now, I believe it is best for me to distance myself from you because I feel that I have a negative side, and being with you may result in karma." 

"That is rather unfortunate." 

"Hey, Leonil, what career path have you chosen to pursue?" 

"Military." 

"Why military? It is not considered an ideal career. There are other options available." 

"I know the military path is about life, it can be that life will disappear soon. But I feel that I want to follow my father's footsteps."

"You have yourself, you should follow your own path."

"Let's not talk about this."

"Well, since we are discussing career choices, I have decided to become a doctor." The other commented.

"Oh? Why is that?" 

"Because I have an interest in blood, and I find the smell of it pleasant──"

"You are quite eccentric."

"They are currently displaying irrational behavior," Azariah stated amidst their interaction.

"Our activities have just concluded while we were listening to them," Kat remarked. 

"Why don't we discuss ourselves? What is one thing that everyone cannot forget? Let's approach this matter with seriousness. All present here are welcome to respond, but if you are unable to, just listen and do your own activities," Quendrese proposed.

"I will never forget how I was convinced to participate in nonsensical experiments. Since then, I rarely go walking outside," Mavis expressed.

"Allow me to ponder. I cannot forget the times when my parents dedicated their time to be with me. However, as I have grown, they are no longer able to spend time with me due to their obligations," Kat revealed. 

"I will never forget the profound effect of focusing on special moments in life," Ceri admitted.

"I cannot forget the fact that moments can be both pleasant and unpleasant," Rocio acknowledged.

"I can't forget the feeling of experiencing miracles as we move forward," Enry concluded.

"The thing I cannot forget is talking with the person I have feelings for," Azariah shared.

"For me, the day I started to look at things I don't know is something I cannot forget." I stated, and we gazed at one another, subsequently bursting into laughter.

"The others are still not here," Mavis wondered.

"They must be taking their time instead of being here," Leonil expressed.

"I'll call them," Azariah said and stood up.

"I hope Evie didn't go too far scaring them," Ceri said.

"Let's tidy up the cluttered table and proceed with bathing, as we have finished our meal. I want to recline on the bed now," Quendrese stated, and we confirmed our agreement with affirmative movements.

4