= Gathering
154 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rectangular modern living room features a stylish gray sectional sofa adorned with plush pillows. For the space to the left, consider incorporating a spacious oval dining table, which provides ample surface area for meals and fosters a communal dining experience. We stepped onto the wooden floor with a rug. The living room walls are adorned with abstract artwork, while floating shelves are added to curate a display of succulents and modern decor pieces. 

The pendant lights illuminate the room alongside the LED decorative lights. 

A mix of indoor plants and a floor lamp can balance contemporary elegance. There is also a balcony on the side. Inside this room, I find acquaintances engaged in conversation. Some may be accompanied by their partners, engaging in casual discussions. They may be dressed in vintage attire or formal outfits, or tuxedos for the men.

Their ensembles may be punctuated by subtle accessories. Some individuals may opt for clean, straight hair and understated makeup, while others may not. 

The atmosphere is filled with genuine smiles, our eyes radiating joy. 

Our cheeks have a flush of happiness as we talk and having self-assured conversations. Whether engaging in lively discussions, surrounded by others, or savoring a moment of bliss, as I eat andlisten, I glance towards the others to the right space; they are standing and enjoying their drinks. 

For us, we are currently comfortably seated on the couch, with the table positioned in the center. I am among them, also sitting. I am wearing a cozy pair of high-waisted jeans complemented by a classic white T-shirt, along with a denim jacket casually draped over my shoulders. I have paired this outfit with white sneakers.

The room is filled with music and smart LED lights, controlled through a smartphone app, which allows for dynamic color changes. 

The atmosphere is characterized by a contented vibrancy, with a slight amount of noise. 

The others are enjoying the music, socializing, and creating a lively environment. They are energetically and dynamically dancing, expressing themselves through movement and rhythm, while others prefer a more rhythmic, freestyle, and sensual style of movement.

Their bodies are swaying and twisting to the beat, with arms gracefully rising and tracing the air, and hips sensually swaying in sync with the music. Some individuals may engage in fluid and dynamic movements, while others are involved in slow partner dancing. 

"Ilona, you look great! How do you dance so well? I am really impressed by you. I am a girl too but it seems like my body doesn't like to dance."

"Oh my word, that's quite surprising. I won't answer that question, Azel. Please don't stare at me with a sly smile and instead, let's just dance together. Don't just stand in front of me."

"May I have the permission to hold your waist while we dance then?"

"You may hold my waist. It will help prevent any lingering stares as well."

"Ilona, I noticed you just sighed."

"Do as you please."

"Ilona, even when you close your eyes, you look so sexy─"

"Don't speak."

────

"Wendy, is everything alright? I saw your social media and noticed a lack of pictures with your husband, unlike before."

"Don't worry, I assure you I'm fine, Liosha. As for him, we have recently divorced. It's actually a positive change, as he used to cause bruises on my skin. I no longer care about him, so let's refrain from discussing him further."

"Can you take care of your child alone? If not, I would like to help you and visit you."

"Thank you, I'll just send you a message then."

"I once believed that marriage were permanent, but it appears they are not."

"Liosha, I shared the same belief. I thought I had found the person who was meant to be for me, but it turns out I was mistaken and unaware of the truth."

"At times, we fail to recognize our recklessness because our focus lies solely on our desires, rather than what is meant to last." 

"We must be careful in choosing whom we allow into our lives, carefully assessing their intentions and considering their appropriateness."

"Indeed, let's get their honest opinions first before making a decision." 

"Let's avoid approaching the person responsible for choosing someone who seems equally to them."

"Everyone, Wendy seems speechless now."

"It's important that we don't settle for someone who seems good at first."

────

"Gosh, the others are still attractive."

"Indeed, they seem to defy the aging process, appearing youthful, healthy, and strong."

"Maybe they are doing fitness exercises."

"Perhaps it's because we are now parents, experiencing changes and feeling weaker, while they remain single, carefree, and enjoying life to the fullest."

"Being single can sometimes make a person seem untouchable."

"Do whatever you want to say."

"Everyone, we have all heard your conversation. Please come here and join us in dancing."

────

"Igus, please refrain from drinking too much, as you will be the one driving on the way home."

"I understand. This is only a small amount."

"I must admit, Igus, I am a bit envious. You and Nika were classmates and friends back then, and now you are a couple. How did your relationship evolve?"

"He's got a point, and you are the main point of interest here. Igus, tell us. We are serious."

"It may come as a surprise, but it all started when I made a move and confessed my feelings. Nika, being popular at the time, caught my attention and I grew fond of her."

"It seems like your heartstrings were pulled by her."

────

"What's the topic of the boys' discussion?"

"You still refer to them as 'boys?' They have already matured and reached adulthood."

"I perceive them differently, not as grown adults.""

"That is quite mean."

"I heard them talking about 'heartstrings.' It seems like they are discussing matters related to romantic relationships. That is the extent of what I can find out."

"I see. For me, I personally interpreted it as a metaphorical reference to the emotional aspect of relationships."

"I feel the same way. The term 'Heartstrings' has significance for me, as it encompasses various expressions such as bonds of love, connection thread, emotional bonds, emotional ribbons, intangible ties, ties of affection, ties of the heart, soul links, and spiritual connections. All of these imply an emotional bond and relate to the metaphorical concept of Heartstrings."

"Indeed. The words exist and to learn, we need to focus on them so that we may learn about our feelings─"

"Seriously, are we talking about relationships even though we are single? Don't be ridiculous. Let's just accept reality and our existence. Let's do what we want to do, and if we ever get bored, then it's a sign to try new hobbies or things."

"I'm not done talking, though."

"What a remark."

"The vastness of the world prevents us from finding a person who shows kindness and seems suitable for our needs."

────

Amidst the conversation, we could slightly hear others talking.

"Last week, I went hiking and exercised to strengthen myself. However, the result was that my body became sore and I even experienced a fever," Naya mentioned, seated with crossed legs and eating, holding the chopsticks.

On the table, there are glassware, plates, and utensils, as well as chopsticks for the various main course options, including meats, seafood, pasta dishes, and gourmet salads. Additionally, there are assortments of cheeses with crackers and fruits, cake, ice cream, and pastries, as well as cheese platters, bruschetta, smoked salmon, and vegetables. Our beverage choices consist of red wines, sparkling wines, and root beer, which does not contain alcohol, and which I am currently drinking.

"I hadpreviously conveyed to you that you do not need to be strong, as I am capable of protecting you," Idris stated calmly while seated next to her, dressed in casual attire.

"Is this statement influenced by the martial arts prevalent in your hometown?" Naya inquired, dressed in a dress with her head resting on Idris' shoulder. I was seated in front of them, along with the others.

"Idris, have you turned your living room into a club-like atmosphere? It is quite impressive," Adie chuckled, sitting beside me and sipping on wine with her legs crossed.

"Yes, I wanted everyone to enjoy themselves. We were always simply talking on the phone, but now we have the opportunity to reunite in person. Lets capture this moment in this club, as it is the reason we have gathered here," Idris responded with a smile on her face.

"I'm here! How is everyone doing?" Amia cheerfully exclaimed as she approached us, emerging from the door.

"We are doing well! You are truly the best! It has been a year since we graduated, yet you still have your caring personality.And I can't believe you are now a doctor," Acy remarked while seated beside me, with Amia settling down next to her and began to drink.

"What inspired you to pursue a career in medicine?" Adie asked, addressing her while sitting beside Naya.

Amia adjusted her loose eyeglasses with her hand upon hearing her, and now her arms are resting on the table while both of her hands hold steady. "I chose to pursue a career as a doctor because it felt morally right to me. When I was younger, I often came across homeless people on the streets who were sick, malnourished, and suffering. Each time I saw them, I felt a strong desire to help, which is how my aspirations began. I expressed this to my parents and urged them to assist those in need. However, they rejected my proposal. Then, one day I took it upon myself to give my saved money to the homeless individuals. From that moment forward, I developed a firm aspiration to help everyone I can." She calmly expressed her thoughts with her eyes cast down and her shoulders relaxed.

"I didn't know a 'Doctor' back then either. I am uncertain about which career path to choose. But it just came to me, I have a natural inclination towards taking care of others and their well-being. I am passionate about healthcare, assisting others, and making a positive impact on people's lives. Therefore, I chose to become a doctor. It was a realization that occurred to me effortlessly, as if it was meant to be, and I knew right away that becoming a doctor was the path for me," Amia continued to speak and explained, while we attentively listened and consciously smiled.

"When you stay true to yourself, the right path will naturally present itself," Andi realized, taking a seat beside Idris.

While they were talking, I received a notification from my phone, prompting me to take it out of my pocket. When I looked at the device, I saw a message from her. Lately, we have been busy with our individual activities, resulting in a lack of opportunities to meet or spend time together. As such, our primary form of communication is through phone conversations. I saw her message.

[I'm willing to meet you if you were to call, and I'll arrange a location for you to pick you up.]

After reading her message, I began to ponder about the recent visit of her friends.

[I couldn't help but wonder about the activities of your friends during their visit to your house??] //

I sent my inquiry, and she confirmed that she had read the message promptly.

[We have various activities such as playing, talking, eating, and eventually retired to the guest room to sleep. After waking up, we continued our conversation and indulged in another meal. After that, they left the house, and I texted them to make sure they got home safely, to which they replied with an affirmative message.]

After a brief pause, she replied, revealing more details than I expected, which prompted me to respond.

[Thanks for giving me comprehensive information.]

[I'm willing to open up and say anything just for you to help your wondering mind.]

Her response caught me off guard.

[I feel comfortable revealing everything to you because it is you as well.] 

She replied once again, causing me to giggle as I read her message.

[As for me, after I completed my work, I continued to meet my friends and am currently spending time with them. I will contact you when this gathering is over.]

[Indeed, just contact me and I will respond right away. Enjoy your day with them. Knowing that you enjoy different activities makes me happy.]

My cheeks felt warm and it seemed as though I was blushing in response to her reply. I hope my friends did not notice my reaction. I immediately placed my phone in my pocket, took hold of my glass, and took a sip. 

"Agnes, did you get home safely after the day we spent together with our friends? At that time, you suddenly stood up and seemed unsteady, which led us to suspect that you were already drunk," Naya inquired, while the others were still doing their activities.

"Dont worry, I assure you that nothing untoward happen and I arrived home safely. It is strange, though, that I seem to become intoxicated easily now, whereas in the past, it was not the case." I replied, noticing Amia turning her head toward me and observing me. 

"Agnes, have you been taking any medications recently? They may potentially interact with alcohol." Amia asked.

"No, I did not consume any pills," I stated.

"Increased sensitivity to alcohol can be influenced by various factors, such as changes in metabolism, tolerance levels, body composition, and general health. Additionally, factors such as stress, fatigue, and hydration levels can influence how alcohol affects you," Amia proceeded to explain. I found her statement relatable.

"...I was always tired from work during that time," I disclosed, opting not to share my stress with my parents as I don't want them to worry.

"But you seem to be fine now?" Amia asked as she took a sip. 

"Yes, I am currently doing well due to the excessive care from my partner," I replied with a wide smile.

The room fell into silence momentarily as everyone turned their attention towards me.

"...Oh, my apologies. Please don't mind me, carry on with your activities," I requested, feeling uneasy. 

They muttered to themselves and went about their own business.

"It appears that I cannot wait to meet Agnes's partner," someone mentioned.

"Did you hear that?"

"Yes, Agnes seems fine now because her partner's care is too much."

"Are you aware of any information?"

"Agnes has already communicated with us. It is advisable for everyone to review the message and observe our comments about her."

"Our Agnes, who has been single since her birth, has now found a partner after all these years. It is truly remarkable."

"No, it is a joyous occasion that we have prayed for Agnes to find a partner and for her to fall in love with the right person."

As I was sitting on the couch, I overheard these words, which made me feel ashamed and avert my gaze, feeling embarrassed. 

The gathering at night, where people come together socially to spend quality time, depends on many factors, including the atmosphere, shared purpose, and enjoyment of the participants. It contributes to a pleasant environment that strengthens connections and facilitates shared experiences. However, it is worth considering that some aspects may seem self-centered.

– – I should leave and meet her.

5