Episode 2: Denied Access to the Afterlife
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man inside of the small house said to the Mafia Boss, while reading a piece of paper, "Your record here says that your name is "Li Dingxiang".

While you were still on Earth, you were a Mafia Boss who has done many businesses in the Mafia World....

However, your death was a mystery and I did not get a record of it."

Li Dingxiang said to the man, "Who are you?"

The man said, "My name is Tian Kan....

I am the one who allows wandering spirits to pass to the afterlife through this huge gate in front of you.

However, my requirements are that you must have a record of how you have died before I can allow you to pass to the afterlife.

Every person, after they've died, a record of their death would immediately be transported to me, but I don't understand why that wasn't the case for you.

For some reason, the only record I have of you was only records about when you were still alive....

I have no records about your death at all."

Li Dingxiang said, "So you won't allow me to pass to the afterlife then."

Tian Kan said, "My rules are that you must have a record of how you've died or else I won't let you pass to the gate of the afterlife....

This way, there won't be any conflicts or accidents made on both the living and the dead sides."

Li Dingxiang said, "Most of my life was spent on me being a Mafia Boss.

I even died being a Mafia Boss too.

Perhaps one of the things I regretted the most was that I was always too busy being a Mafia Boss and never had the time to spend with my daughter.

If I can travel back in time, I would give up being a Mafia Boss and would spend all of my time with my daughter.

Then, when the time does come that I would have to descend to the afterlife, perhaps I wouldn't feel so regretful then."

After Li Dingxiang had said this, Tian Kan said to him, "Do you want to go back?"

Li Dingxiang said in an anxious tone, "You can really make me travel back in time?"

Tian Kan said, "Not traveling back in time, but going back to Earth to spend more time with your daughter and to also find out about your death."

Li Dingxiang said in a surprised tone, "I can go back?"

Tian Kan said, "You're a spirit now, therefore, you can go wherever you want to go."

Li Dingxiang said, "If I go back, would I be a spirit or would I have a body."

Tian Kan said, "You would return to Earth as a spirit without a body.

You going back this time does not mean that you're being reborned, but it only means that you're just going back to Earth as a wandering spirit now.

Therefore, you won't have a body and would just remain a spirit while you return to Earth."

Li Dingxiang said in a calm tone, "Alright....

As long as I get to see my daughter who I've never spent time with again....

As long as I can spend time with her again, then that's all that matters.

Even if I don't have a body, as long as I get to see my daughter and get to spend time with her again, then it would be the best."

Tian Kan said, "You must remember that when you've returned to Earth, no one else can see or hear you at all....

This includes your daughter and all of your men who used to work for you too....

The only person who can see you, hear you, and be able to interact with you is only one person...."

Li Dingxiang said in an anxious tone, "Who is it?"

Tian Kan said, "Do you remember the man who owed you money and you told your men to go and assassinate his whole entire family?"

Li Dingxiang was shocked when he heard this and said in a shocked voice, "Him!"

Tian Kan said, "Only this person can see you, hear you, and be able to interact with you."

Li Dingxiang said, "Why is that?"

Tian Kan said, "Perhaps it is Heaven's will and perhaps it's because of you two having retribution with each other in the past.

You two may have some sort of connection with each other too."

Li Dingxiang said in a calm tone, "Alright....

I understand now....

It doesn't matter if he's the only person who can see me, hear me, and be able to interact with me, since I am going back this time just to see my daughter and spend time with her only.

Other matters don't involve me."

Tian Kan said, "You're wrong....

You're not going back to Earth just to go back to spend time with your daughter....

You still need to find out about your death too.

If you don't agree to go back to Earth to find out about your death, but to spend time with your daughter only, then I won't let you leave back to Earth."

Li Dingxiang said, "Why do I have to find out about my death?

I would rather just spend time with my daughter as a spirit forever instead."

Tian Kan said, "Do you know that I was supposed to throw you in Spirit Prison instead of letting you go back to Earth to investigate your death, since you came here with no records of how you've died at all....

I'm being merciful to you by allowing you to go back to Earth to investigate your death, so that you won't be thrown in Spirit Prison, therefore, you going back to Earth this time, you better not only go and see your daughter and spend all of your time with her, but you must also investigate about your death too....

Otherwise, if you refuse to investigate your death, I'll be forced to throw you in Spirit Prison instead."

Li Dingxiang said, "Alright, I'll go back to Earth to investigate my death too....

You don't have to worry about this."

Tian Kan said, "Good....

In that case, you'll be working with that man that I've mentioned to you from earlier, whose name is Duyi to investigate your death."

Li Dingxiang said, "I won't need anyone's help....

Investigating my death is my own business, therefore, others are not involved in it."

Tian Kan said, "You don't have a choice....

Your record here tells me that the only way you can find out how you've died is only with Duyi's help, therefore, if you refuse to let him help you, then I might as well just throw you in Spirit Prison right now, since you going back to Earth would just be a waste of time then."

Li Dingxiang hesitated for a while.

Then, he said, "Alright....

I'll let him help me then."

Tian Kan said, "Once you've returned to Earth, you must go and find Duyi....

He won't come looking for you, so you must go look for him, understand?"

Li Dingxiang said, "Understood...."

Tian Kan said, "Good....

In that case, I'll send you back to Earth right now."

After saying this, Tian Kan waved his hand once in the air in front of Li Dingxiang and in a blink of an eye, Li Dingxiang was already gone.

.....

Li Dingxiang opened his eyes and saw himself in a street in Beijing China.

It was night time and the city light was shining all around the street.

He was by an alley so there were no people near him.

When Li Dingxiang saw that he was back on Earth, he smiled and said in a happy tone, "I'm back....

I'm going to go to my house and go see my daughter."

Li Dingxiang was about to leave to his house to see his daughter, but as he was about to leave, he heard a familiar voice saying to him, "Li Dingxiang, where are you going?"

Li Dianxiang was confused and surprised when he heard this voice, since it was coming from above of him and it sounded like Tian Kan's voice.

Then, he said, "You....

You can see me?"

Tian Kan's voice said to Li Dingxiang, "Looking down from Heaven, the Earth is just like a map to me, therefore, I can see everywhere and everything that is happening in it at all times."

Li Dianxiang was about to head to his house to go see his daughter after hearing Tian Kan say this, but then, Tian Kan's voice said to him, "Li Dingxiang, the first thing you must go do upon arriving on Earth is to go find Duyi."

Li Dianxiang said, "I'm going to go and meet my daughter first, then I'll go find him later."

Tian Kan said in a commanding tone, "No, you must go and find Duyi first."

Li Dingxiang said, "I'll go find him later."

Then, Tian Kan said, "If you refuse to go find him first, I'll immediately transport you back here and throw you in Spirit Prison."

Li Dingxiang said, "Alright....

You're so strict....

I'll go and find him then."

After saying this, Li Dingxiang went to go and find Duyi, instead of going back to his house to go and see his daughter.

Tian Kan's voice was gone too.

.....

The scene shifts to an underground fighting tournament.

On a ring fighting stage with ropes around it inside the underground place, two fighters were fighting and hundreds of people were watching the two fight from outside the ring.

Both fighters were really muscular and huge.

The first fighter threw a heavy hook punch at the second fighter, but the second fighter easily ducked and threw an uppercut, inflicting lots of damage on the first fighter.

Then, the second fighter followed up with a lot of aggressive continuous punches after landing the uppercut on the first fighter.

The first fighter couldn't defend, since his body was still shocked after getting hit by the uppercut.

Therefore, the second fighter just landed all of his heavy and aggressive punches on the first fighter and knocked him down to the ground.

After the first fighter was knocked down to the ground and was knocked out, the referee of the fight shouted, "The undefeatable Champion Hu Quan had won again!!!

Who can defeat the undefeatable Champion Hu Quan!!!"

The whole crowd all shouted and applauded for Hu Quan's victory.

Then, a few men carried the fighter that Hu Quan had just defeated out of the ring.

After that, the referee shouted to the crowd, "Who else would like to challenge the undefeatable Champion Hu Quan for the night?!

Whoever likes to challenge him, just climb on onto the ring!"

From outside the ring within the crowd, Duyi and one of his friends was watching the whole thing.

Then, Duyi said to his friend named "Luyu", "Watch....

I'll get up there and defeat that Champion everyone is praising so much....

Then, I'll become the new champion here at this place too."

Luyu said to Duyi in an anxious tone while he looked at Hu Quan, "Are you sure, that guy looks tough....

He even seems to be double or even tripled as muscular as you too.

If you get knocked out...."

Duyi interrupted Luyu by saying, "I won't get knocked out.

Just watch and see....

That guy's muscles would only slow him down.

Of course muscles increase speed and power, but too much of it would slow you down.

That's why although I like to fight, I never go as extreme as that guy with gaining that much muscle.

Just watch if you don't believe me that that guy is being slowed down by his muscles....

I'll defeat him without getting hit by him at all to prove my point to you."

Luyu said, "You don't need to prove your point to me.

We only came here to watch the fight and since the fight is already over, then let's head back, alrig...."

Before Luyu could finish his sentence, Duyi had already dashed forward and entered the ring that Hu Quan was on.

Luyu shouted to Duyi, "Duyi!

What are you doing!

Come back, let's go home!"

The referee saw Duyi entered the ring and said, "Sir, would you like to challenge the undefeatable Champion?"

Duyi said in a confident tone, "The undefeatable Champion is me....

He's the one who's challenging me(referring to Hu Quan)."

Hu Quan became annoyed and enraged by what Duyi had just said, so he said to Duyi in an angry tone, "Rascal, what did you just said?!"

Duyi said, "If you want to challenge me, then I'll gladly accept your challenge."

Hu Quan said in an impatient tone, "Alright...."

After Hu Quan had said this, Duyi smiled and said to the crowd, "You hear that everyone....

Since he had agreed to challenge me, then that makes me the undefeatable champion, since he's the one who's challenging me, not me being the one who's challenging him."

The whole crowd all shouted and applauded for Duyi's wisdom in verbal sparring.

Then, a few men within the crowd said to each other, "This young man seems pretty smart and wise....

I've heard that those who are good in verbal sparring are also really good in martial arts too."

Another man said, "That's right....

I can't wait to see how this next fight would turnout like."

Then, the referee shouted to the crowd, "You can all place your bet on the fighter who you think would win now.

If you win your bet, you'll receive double the amount of money you put in back."

The whole crowd all crowded in, to place in their bet, on a table.

Luyu was curious on who the crowd was going to place their bet on, so he looked over to the table.

However, to his surprise, no one placed their bet on Duyi at all.

Not even the men who were praising Duyi's wisdom in verbal sparring from before.

Then, the men from earlier who were praising Duyi for his verbal sparring skills said to each other, "Although I respect that man and look up to him as a very wise and talented young man, but I'll have to place my bet on the undefeatable Champion Hu Quan instead.

Just judging by the two's body size, it's already pretty clear who would win."

Luyu felt furious that no one was placing their bet on Duyi, even those that were previously praising him for his skill in verbal sparring.

Then, the person in charge of the betting table said to the crowd, "Is that everyone?

If no one else is betting, then I'll be closing the betting then."

Luyu said to the person in charge of the betting table as he hastily walked over to him, "Wait!

Don't close the betting yet!

I'm still going to bet!"

Luyu got to the table and placed his bet on Duyi.

It seems like Luyu was the only one that betted on Duyi.

Then, Luyu shouted to Duyi, "Duyi!

Do it!

I'm placing my bet on you!"

Duyi got in his fighting stance and said to Hu Quan who he was facing, "Come on...."

Hu Quan gave out a strong battle cry and dashed forward towards Duyi with a powerful straight punch.

Duyi just remained in his fighting stance and was ready to counter.

0