Episode 3: The Ambush
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Hu Quan was coming in with the straight punch, Duyi parried it with his lead hand and threw a straight punch at Hu Quan using the momentum from his parry.

After that, Hu Quan threw a hook punch at Duyi, but duyi just ducked to dodge the punch and attacked Hu Quan's body with a hook punch of his own.

Then, he threw an uppercut on Hu Quan's chin and sent Hu Quan flying backwards with a powerful stepping side kick.

Hu Quan flew back and fell to the ground.

Everyone was all shocked that not only did Duyi managed to knock Hu Quan down, but he also did so without getting hit too.

Hu Quan got angry and got up.

Then, he dashed towards Duyi with continuous punches.

Duyi stopped him with a stepping side kick.

Then, Duyi kicked his head with an outside crescent heel kick.

The kick sent Hu Quan flying out of the fighting ring.

Everyone was shocked when they saw this and all applauded to Duyi.

Luyu said to the man at the betting table, "Hurry up, pay me the money!

My friend won the fight!"

The man paid Luyu doubled what he bet in.

Then, the referee shouted, "There's a new champion!"

The crowd all applaud.

.....

Duyi and Luyu were walking on a street at night back to their homes after the fighting tournament.

Luyu said to Duyi, "Duyi, I knew that you could do it."

Duyi said in a calm annoyed tone, "Liar...."

Luyu said, "It's alright if you don't believe my words, but wouldn't me betting on you instead of Hu Quan already prove to you that I believed you were going to win."

Duyi said, "Alright, I'll believe you in that case."

Luyu said, "Look at all of these money that we got from that place.

It really was worth going out to that place tonight."

Duyi said, "Let's go out and eat tomorrow."

Luyu said, "Alright...."

.....

The next day, Duyi and Luyu were walking on a street and were ready to go out and eat, but then a group of men carrying sticks approached them.

Luyu said to Duyi in an agitated tone, "Do you know them?"

Duyi said in a calm emotionless tone, "No....

However, if they want to fight, then I'll fight with them."

Luyu said, "There's so many of them.

Let's run...."

Duyi said, "If you're scared, then you can run."

One of the man from the group named "Jin" said to Duyi, "Where are the two of you heading to?"

Luyu said in an anxious tone, "We're going to go out to eat....

We didn't mean to intrude you guys."

Jin said in an arrogant tone, "Oh....

So you two are using the money that you won at that fighting tournament yesterday to go out and eat.

If the two of you don't want to get beat up by us, then you two better hand me all of the money you won from last night."

Luyu felt anxious, but Duyi just remained calm.

Then, Duyi said, "Alright, we'll give you the money.

Come over and get it."

Jin smirked and said, "Good...."

Then, he and his men walked towards Duyi and Luyu.

Luyu said to Duyi in an anxious low tone, "Duyi, they are trying to get close to us so that they can surround us and throw an ambush on us.

Let's run while we still can."

Duyi said in a calm tone, "I'm luring them in into a trap."

Luyu said in a confused tone, "What?"

Then, as Jin and his men got close enough to Duyi, Duyi said, "Here's the money.

Since there are so many of you, I don't know how I should divide it and who to give it to, therefore, I'll let all of you decide who gets what amount....

Whoever catches the most money would be the riches."

After saying this, Duyi threw his paper monies into the air in front of Jin and his men.

Jin and his men saw this, so they all dropped their sticks and all tried to grab as much money as they can that were falling from the air.

While they were grabbing the money, Duyi said to Luyu, "Now!

Attack!"

Then, Duyi and Luyu both attacked Jin and his men.

They both kicked and punched the men that were still grabbing the money.

Jin and his men weren't cautious, so a lot of them got hit by Duyi and Luyu's sneak attacks.

Jin got mad and shouted to his men, "Beat them up!"

Then, Jin and his men grabbed their sticks on the ground and attacked Duyi and Luyu. 

Duyi grabbed two sticks on the ground and so did Luyu.

Then, Duyi and Luyu started hitting the men around them with the two sticks in their hands.

Duyi saw that one of the man grabbed Luyu's sticks that he was holding and was holding onto them, so Duyi said to Luyu, "Luyu, duck!"

Luyu ducked.

The man holding Luyu's stick saw that Duyi was about to hit him, so he ducked too.

Duyi swung one of his sticks horizontally to hit the man holding Luyu's sticks' head, but his attack missed since the man ducked.

Then, Duyi saw the man lifting up his head again, so he swung his stick to hit the man on the head again.

The man saw this, so he duck to dodge the attack, but Luyu's back was facing towards Duyi, so he didn't see this.

Therefore, Luyu thought that everything was safe, so he lifted up his head, but as soon as he lifted up his head, Duyi hit his head hard with Duyi's stick.

Luyu let out a grunt in pain.

Duyi felt agitated when he realized that he had hit Luyu.

Then, Luyu turned to Duyi and said to him, "Duyi!

Why did you hit me?!"

Duyi said in an agitated tone, "Didn't I told you to lower your head?!

Why did you lift up your head?"

Luyu said, "You only told me to lower my head once."

Duyi said, "You got hit because you didn't lower your head."

Luyu said in an annoyed tone, "You...."

Then, Duyi saw that the man who was holding Luyu's stick from earlier was about to hit Luyu with a stick, so Duyi said to Luyu in an agitated tone, "Lower your head!"

Luyu quickly lowered his head.

Then, the man behind Luyu swung his stick to hit Luyu's head, but missed since Luyu ducked.

After the man missed, Duyi swung his stick to hit the man's head.

Duyi's stick hit the man's head and knocked him down to the ground.

Then, Luyu said to Duyi in an agitated tone, "Watch out, behind you!"

Duyi quickly turned around and saw someone attacking him with a stick, so he quickly used his stick to block the attack.

Then, Luyu was planing to hit the man that Duyi was holding back with his stick, so he said to Duyi, "Duck!"

Duyi ducked.

Then, Luyu was about to hit the man Duyi was fighting with with his stick, but even before he could move his arm to swing his stick, the man had already swung his stick and hit Luyu on the head.

The man was originally planning to hit Duyi with his stick, but since Duyi ducked, the attack hit Luyu instead.

Luyu traveled back a few distance after getting hit.

Duyi quickly swung his stick at the man who hit Luyu knocking him to the ground.

Then, Duyi said to Luyu in an anxious tone, "Luyu, are you alright?"

Luyu said, "Why am I so unlucky today."

Then, Jin attacked Duyi with his two sticks, while Duyi fought back with his two sticks.

Luyu fought with the other men.

While Luyu was fighting with a few men, he knocked one of the man down to the ground and was about to finish the man off with a kick, but right when he was about to throw his kick, a man from behind him that was knocked down to the ground from earlier grabbed his leg.

Luyu couldn't move since his leg was grabbed, so the man that Luyu knocked down to the ground hit Luyu's leg with a stick.

Luyu grunted in pain.

Then, Luyu hit the man who was grabbing his leg with his stick.

After the man was hit by Luyu, he let go of Luyu's leg.

Then, Luyu used his leg that was just released by the man to kick the other man on the ground that had hit his leg with his stick.

The man knocked out after being kicked by Luyu.

That was the last man and Luyu defeated him.

Then, Luyu went over to help Duyi.

Duyi pushed Jin away with a strong cross swing from his two sticks.

Jin defended with his sticks and was puched back by Duyi's attack.

Then, Luyu approached Duyi and Duyi said to Jin, "All of your men had been beaten up by us....

You would be next."

Jin said, "Really...."

After saying this, a group of more men carrying sticks came towards the back alley that Jin, Duyi, and Luyu were at.

Luyu felt agitated when he saw this, but Duyi just remained calm and emotionless.

Jin smirked and said, "Let's see how much more energy the two of you still have left."

Luyu said to Duyi in an anxious tone, "Duyi, let's run...."

Duyi said in a calm tone, "Why run?

It's just this many men coming."

Luyu said, "I was already exhausted after beating up all of those men from earlier....

I have no more energy in me to fight.

Let's just run."

Duyi said in a calm tone, "Since you're going to run, then that means that you still have energy in you, therefore, use that energy and just stay and fight."

The men were charging in closer, so Luyu felt anxious.

Then, Jin shouted to the men, "Beat them up!"

The men all ran towards Duyi and Luyu.

Luyu felt agitated and ran away, but Duyi stayed and fight.

Some men chased after Luyu, while the others stayed and fought with Duyi.

Jin also stayed to fight with Duyi too.

.....

As Luyu was running away from the group of men with sticks, he climbed onto the top of a roof, so that the men won't be able to chase him, but the men just climbed the roof and continued chasing him.

Then, Luyu jumped to another roof to escape the men.

The men all jumped after him to the second roof too, but as they were jumping in the air, Luyu threw his two sticks that he was holding at the men who were chasing him.

The two sticks hit the two men in the front of the group and ruined their jump.

Therefore, they fell down from the tall roof.

All the men behind them felt anxious when they saw this.

However, they just all jumped onto the other roof to go after Luyu.

Luyu saw this, so he threw a kick at one of them who was jumping to the roof that he was on.

The person that got kicked fell from the air into the ground.

Luyu kicked another person that was still in the air, but this person managed to grab Luyu's leg while Luyu was kicking him.

Therefore, he pulled Luyu down the roof with him onto the ground while holding onto Duyi's leg.

However, Luyu managed to grab the edge of the roof to prevent him from falling down the tall roof, but the man was still holding onto his leg.

The man said to Luyu in an anxious agitated tone, "Don't let go!

Don't let go!"

Luyu felt anxious and agitated as he held onto the edge of the roof so that he won't fall down the roof, while the man was holding Luyu's leg, so that the man won't fall.

Then, one of the man on the other roof said to the group of men, "Everyone, let's jump over and grab onto him, so that we can pull him down."

The group all said, "Alright!"

Then, the man holding Luyu's leg said to the group in an agitated tone, "No!

Don't come!"

However, the group of men just all jumped over to the other roof to pull Luyu down.

Luyu and the man who was holding onto his leg felt anxious and agitated when they saw this.

Then, the first man that jumped grabbed onto the man who was holding Luyu's leg.

The other men all grabbed one another along with grabbing the first man.

With this, everyone formed a long human rope hanging on the edge of the roof that extended all the way to the ground.

The last person that was grabbing onto the group was almost touching the ground, due to how long the human rope was.

Luyu hesitated to grip the edge of the roof because of how many people was pulling him down.

Therefore, he let go and everyone in the human rope all fell to the ground.

Luyu was on top so he landed on the people that had already fell before him.

Therefore, he was left uninjured.

Then, Luyu quickly got up and ran away.

One of the men shouted, "Quick!

He's getting away!"

Then, some of the men who weren't injured chased after Luyu, while the injured ones just laid on the ground.

.....

Two men attacked Duyi with their sticks, but Duyi just spinned his two sticks to deflect their attacks and hit their legs with his sticks.

Then, he knocked both of them away with his sticks.

After that, one man thrusted his stick at Duyi, but Duyi just crossed his two sticks to block the attack.

Then, he slid the man's stick away and attacked the man with one of his stick.

After that, someone was coming in from behind Duyi, so he spinned his stick and thrusted it at the person behind him from underneath his arm.

Then, he swung his other stick horizontally in front of him to attack two men charging up front towards him.

After that, Jin attacked Duyi with a double downward strike attack with his stick.

Duyi just held his stick on top of his head horizontally to counter the two attacks.

Then, Duyi swung his stick horizontally at Jin to attack him, but Jin just leaned back to dodge the attack.

Then, Duyi threw a roundhouse kick at Jin's leg while he was still leaning back.

Jin lost balance from this.

Then, Duyi was about to hit Jin with his stick while he was off balance, but comeone from behind was going to attack Duyi, so Duyi immediately turned around to fight with this person.

Jin regained balance and dashed forward to attack Duyi.

Duyi saw this, so he held both of his sticks by his sides to block both attacks coming from Jin and the man.

After that, he pushed both of them away with his sticks.

Then, Duyi just continued fighting with Jin and his men.

.....

Luyu saw all of the men chasing him, so he felt agitated. 

He ran into the street with cars running so that he could get rid on the group of men.

The group of men didn't care that there were cars running on the street and just continued chasing Luyu.

As Luyu and the group of men were just running on the street ignoring all of the running cars, the running cars all honked their horns at Luyu and the group of men.

One of the car couldn't stop, so it sped right towards Luyu.

Luyu felt agitated and hastily jumped right over the speedy car.

The group of men behind Luyu weren't ready for this, since Luyu was blocking the car and they didn't see it coming.

Therefore, a few of them dodged the car by jumping out of the way to the sides, but the others all got hit by the speedy car.

The remaining men that didn't got hit by the car continued chasing after Luyu.

Then, as Luyu were running away from the men, cops can be seen running towards the group.

Luyu and the men felt agitated when they saw this, so they all ran away from the cops.

One of the cop said, "Nobody moves!

All of you are under arrest!"

Luyu and the men just continued running away from the cops as the cops chased after them.

.....

While Duyi was fighting with Jin and his men, some cops came over to the back alley that they were at and ran towards them.

Jin and his men felt anxious when they saw this, so they all tried to run away.

However, as they were running away, Duyi just kicked them one by one and they fell one by one onto the ground.

Jin managed to run away while Duyi was kicking the other men.

The cops ran over to Duyi and the men and all held Duyi and the men.

Then, they handcuffed everyone.

.....

The scene shifts to Luyu.

Luyu had ran far away from the cops, but he could hear the men who were chasing him getting captured by the cops.

Luyu felt agitated as he just continued hiding away from the cops.

.....

The scene shifts to Jin.

Jin returned to his boss who is a mafia boss named Dian Liang and said to him, "Boss, we went after that man like you have instructed us, but he fought with us and attracted the attention of the cops.

The cops captured most of our men and I barely escaped."

Dian Liang said in an angry tone, "That man defeated my elite fighter Hu Quan, so I was planning for you and my men to go and teach him a lesson for defeating my elite fighter, but you failed."

Jin said in an agitated tone, "Forgive me!"

Dian Liang said, "Forget it....

You said that the cops came, so did the cops captured him?"

Jin said, "He was still fighting with some of our men when the cops came, so he shouldn't be able to escape the cops."

Dian Liang smirked and said, "Good...."

Then, Dian Liang said, "I recently heard news that Li Dingxiang had just passed away.

While he was still alive, he was a threat to me within the Mafia World, but with him dead now, I am now the strongest one in the Mafia World."

Jin said, "That's great, Boss...."

Dian Liang said, "Li Dingxiang had a beautiful daughter....

Now with him gone, I'll make this beautiful daughter of his my wife."

After saying this, Dian Liang said to Jin, "Your next task is to go and get Li Dianxiang's daughter to be my wife.

You better not fail again.

If you do...."

Jin said, "Don't worry Boss, I won't fail again."

Dian Liang said, "Go...."

Then, Jin left the room to go accomplish his next task.

Dian Liang just grinned after Jin left.

.....

It has been a few hours now, so Luyu returned to the back alley where Duyi was at, but he realized that the alley was empty and no one was there.

Therefore, he thought to himself that Duyi probably defeated all of the men and went back to his house.

After thinking to himself about this, Luyu decided to go check if Duyi was at his house.

.....

Luyu got to Duyi's house, but realized that he wasn't there too.

Therefore, Luyu became confused on where Duyi could have been.

While Luyu was trying to find Duyi, he got a phone call on his phone, so he picked up his phone and answered it.

Luyu said, "Who is it?"

The person on the phone named "Zhaojong" said, "Luyu, earlier I saw Duyi and a group of men getting arrested by some cops.

Duyi is probably at the police station right now."

Luyu felt agitated when he heard this.

Then, he said to Zhaojong, "Alright, thank you for telling me.

I'll go and release Duyi at the police station."

Zhaojong said, "Alright....

I just called to tell you this in case you were trying to find Duyi and couldn't find him.

Bye...."

Luyu said, "Bye...."

Then, the call ended.

After the call ended, Luyu said to himself, "What an unlucky day today is....

I got hit twice on the head, a group of men were chasing me, I almost fell off of a building onto flat ground and I almost got hit by a car.

In addition to all of this, I also have to go and release Duyi at the police station too.

Me and Duyi only went out to eat, who would've thought that we would ran into so much troubles.

Well, guess I'll just go to the police station to release Duyi."

Luyu left to go to the police station.

.....

Luyu got to the police station and said to the person at the counter, "Sir, I am here to release someone."

The person said, "Who are you releasing?"

Luyu said, "His name is...."

Before Luyu could finish his sentence, he heard a voice saying, "It's him!

He was that man we were chasing from earlier!"

Luyu turned anxiously to look and saw the same group of cops that were chasing him from earlier.

One of the cop said, "Capture him!"

Then, the whole group of cops ran towards Luyu and handcuffed him.

Luyu said in an agitated tone, "I didn't do anything wrong!

Release me!

I just came here to release someone!

Why are you arresting me for?!"

The cops took Luyu to the jailrooms.

.....

When they got to the jailrooms, they put Luyu in one of the jailroom.

Luyu said in an agitated tone, "Release me!

This is a misunderstanding!"

Then, Luyu heard a familiar voice from the jailroom next to him saying to him, "Luyu, is that you?"

Luyu said in a surprised tone, "Duyi?"

Duyi said in a calm tone, "Yes, it's me....

Why did they arrest you?"

Luyu said, "I just came here to release you, but they misunderstood and just arrested me."

Duyi said, "What do you mean by misunderstood?"

Luyu said, "Earlier when that mob of men were chasing me, the cops saw us, so they came after us.

I escaped and went to look for you.

While looking for you, Zhaojong called me on the phone and told me that you were in jail.

Therefore, I came here to release you, but those cops that were chasing me from earlier recognized me, so they arrested me.

That's why I'm here."

Duyi said, "What a pity....

I was planning for you to come and release me, but who would have thought that you would get put in jail too."

Luyu said in an annoyed tone, "This was all your fault.

Earlier, I told you not to fight with those men and run instead, but you didn't listen to me.

That's why we're both in jail right now."

Duyi smirked and said, "Didn't you get arrested for running too, therefore, even if we would've ran from earlier, we both would've still been arrested."

Luyu said in an annoyed tone, "I didn't get arrested for running....

I got arrested because I came here to release you."

Duyi said, "How much were you going to pay to release me?"

Luyu said, "All of the money I got from last night at that tournament."

Duyi smirked and said, "Those men from earlier came after us because we won that money and now, we're going to use that money to release the both of us from jail.

In that case, there was no point in fighting at that tournament last night then."

Luyu said, "I told you not to act rash and fight last night....

You were the one that didn't listen to me.

If you would've listened, those men wouldn't have come after us like that and we wouldn't have been put in jail like this."

Duyi said, "You took the money at the tournament and betted on me too, therefore, stop complaining."

Luyu just remained silent and felt annoyed.

Then, Duyi and Luyu just continued staying in their jailrooms.

.....

The scene shifts to a man named "Zhenwei".

Zhenwei was wearing a colar shirt and was in his room in the company he worked at and was writing some papers while sitting at his desk.

Then, he received a call on his phone, so he answered the call and said in a calm tone, "Zhaojong, what is it?"

Zhaojong said, "Zhenwei, both Duyi and Luyu are in jail right now.

Can you go and release them out of jail?"

Zhenwei said, "What did they do?"

Zhaojong said, "I don't know, but can you just go and release them?"

Zhenwei said, "Alright, I'll go...."

Zhaojong said, "Thank you, Zhenwei....

You're the most reliable one out of all of us.

Bye then...."

Zhenwei said, "Bye...."

Then, the call ended.

After that, Zhenwei left to the police station.

0