Chapter 1 – Trapped
52 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 - Trapped

 

Hirata paced around the room, biting the nail of his right thumb. His mind was racing with many rapid and messy thoughts. Was he even Hirata anymore? Or was he now Dray? Can he go home? He wants to go home right now. He kept staring at his reflection. Maybe being this handsome wasn't so bad... he could make a name for himself. He could learn magic, who doesn't wanna learn magic?! 

His waterfall of thoughts was interrupted by another knock— shit, he had forgotten about the girl waiting for him. He knew her well, she was the first character introduced in "How to Pick up 100 Babes in a Fantasy World as a magic newbie." He instinctively called out to her in a voice he didn't recognize as his own "I'M COMING!!" 

A minute later and with a fresh fit, Hirata stepped out of the bathroom. He wore a yellow button-up shirt that sat loosely on his body, below the shirt were his black pants, yet below that were a pair of worn-out leather boots, overall a nice outfit. He had never paid any mind to how the author described the clothing of the novel. Now outside and in the hallway he could see the girl named Elfild waiting. She tapped her foot on the ground and pouted: "We're gonna be late you know. School starts in 5 minutes. It's our first day so we gotta run for it!!" She jogged to the stairs as they were on the 2nd floor.  

Elfild was the childhood friend of the main character. Her hair was black with just the faintest trace of red, and the straight hair reached to her armpits. Her face was beautiful, with clear skin and hazel eyes. Yet Hirata found himself not attracted to the girl in the slightest. He knew she was just a character in a novel, her feelings didn't matter. Knowing the ending— Hirata had an even greater reason to do what he was about to do. 

"Out of the way, bitch." Hirata watched as the girl's body was flung down the stairs, a thumping noise resonated in the house. Elfild didn't scream, nor did she shout, she just rolled down the stairs. This wouldn't make him a murderer— would it? 

Elfild was lying on the first floor, slowly moving her head to look up at Dray, her eyes seemed eerily normal. "Dray! You sillyhead. I can get down the stairs on my own." She grinned. Is this bitch insane? He thought. She wasn't normal, not one bit. He had watched her body flail in the air, she should at least pass out or something. Instead, she just got up and headed towards the front door. "Are you coming?" She put her hand on the golden doorknob. 

For a minute he felt frozen in place. He just blinked in shock, feeling a bead of sweat run down his neck. Stay or leave? Was there any reason to go to the academy? Hirata racked his brain, searching for any small bit of info that could help him. That's when it came to him— magic! He had to learn magic. With magic, he could protect himself, live lazily, and survive until the novel ends. Hirata denied it at first but now it was clear as day, that the events he just witnessed and committed were in large part the same as "How to pick up 100 babes in a fantasy world as a magic newbie." Well, him pushing his dear friend down a flight of stairs did not happen in the web novel, but whatever. If this was the case then Hirata clung to the hope that he'd return when he reached the end of the web novel. 

He walked down the stairs and nervously smiled at her. They both walked out together. The sun glared at him, causing Hirata to squint while he adjusted to the newfound light. When he opened his eyes fully he was greeted by a long stretch of grassy plains. They lived in the middle of fucking nowhere. He turned to Elfild "So where is the academy..?" She flashed her pearly whites "It'll take 6 hours by foot." 

"6 HOURS?!" She laughed "I'm kidding, well not really. We're just gonna take the train." She pointed to a grassy hill. "Behind that hill." 

....A silence followed, and the two of them started walking forward

"Um... are you okay? After I pushed you down the stairs?" 
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"I dunno. Shouldn't you be in pain right now? You fell for a long time." 
"I'm just glad you touched me Dray..." She blushed and Hirata cringed, he forgot this girl was like this. She was lovesick for the main character, just like the 99 other girls in this world. Hirata felt bad for women on earth having stories like these written about them.
"I can say whatever i want to you right? You wouldn't mind?" 
"Sure, Dray. I'll liste-" 
"You are fat, ugly and possibly the dumbest girl i've ever met. You have no personality and no friends other than me. How does that feel?" 
"Hmm, i guess it feels good being your friend, Dray!" She giggled and Hirata felt a shiver run down his spine, did she just ignore all the other things he said?
"Whatever. Just stay away from me from now on."
"I can't do that! Oh look- a butterfly!" She pointed to a bird feather floating down from the sky.
"...Uh-huh..."

The duo trekked onward, along the dirt path. Time to go to the academy. 

"We're gonna be super late aren't we?" 

"Yeah.." 

the 1st chapter is here. I'm getting pretty excited. writing is really fun. Remember the push your friends down the stairs and also verbally abuse them

3