Chapter 7: Contacts!
355 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone! Just dropping in to let you know that this chapter skips the majority of the fleet battle to continue on with the plot. I will be making a .5 chapter to go into more detail with the battle for those who want it. Now here’s your new chapter!


Time: Ariel 39th, 1447, 13:00. Location: Endless Ocean?

The sound of alarms blaring shakes throughout the fleet. “THIS IS NOT A DRILL! GENERAL QUARTERS! ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS! SET MATERIAL CONDITION ZEBRA THROUGHOUT THE FLEET!”

The ships shudder with the sound of rushing footsteps, immediately the mood throughout the fleet is serious. The admiral grabs the radio to communicate with the other ships, “Raise signal flags and use the loudspeaker to alert the foreign fleet to halt.”

The lead destroyer raises a Lima signal flag to alert the foreigners to halt before using the loudspeaker, “THIS IS THE USS BROOME, YOU ARE APPROACHING AN AMERICAN FLEET! HALT YOUR POSITION AND IDENTIFY YOURSELVES!” The fleet watches the foreigners, hoping for them to halt until the lead destroyer identifies that they are not halting. Instead, the men are running around the deck of the ship, almost as if they were arming a cannon at the front of their ships. The lead destroyer radios back to the rest of the fleet, “It looks like they’re arming a weapon. It seems like a primitive cannon though. It couldn’t hit us from 1.5 miles away.” Suddenly a bright flash appears from the foreign fleet and a loud boom ensues. Hundreds of small lights shine through the air, heading straight towards the American fleet. Within seconds the fleet is struck by explosives. None powerful enough to do any damage to the fleet but injuring a few men on the decks. The admiral immediately yells through the radio, “HOSTILE FLEET! OPEN FIRE!”

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The sound of cannons echoes through the air as shells fly from the American fleet. The first one makes its mark on the lead ship of the enemy fleet, breaking the hull in half. The American fleet continues to fire, shots finding their marks near or on the enemy ships for half an hour.

Time: Ariel 39th, 1447, 13:30. Location: Endless Ocean?

“Sir, the enemy fleet is raising a white flag.”

The admiral nods in satisfaction, “Inform the other ships to halt their fire and prepare to board the enemy fleet.”

As the American fleet approaches the foreigners, it becomes clear that the ships they were fighting against were designed as if they had entered a world in the Napoleonic Era. All the ships were powered by sail and the cannons were small. Only the one cannon at the front was a large size. The Americans begin to board the enemy ships, securing prisoners with little to no resistance. The prisoners were quickly moved to the brig as the officers discussed what to do with Washington. Stark nods as he leaves the CIC (combat information center), moving up to the bridge to announce to the crew, “We have orders from Washington to return to port and unload our new passengers. It seems like our exploration mission has been cut short but perhaps it's better that way. Good work gentlemen and set course for home.”

4