Chapter 27
116 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The village was surrounded by walls, and it was not possible to see the surrounding area from inside.

When I went outside through the only entrance, there was no obstruction around me.

Outside the village, you can see the familiar desert and wilderness, and a little further ahead you can see a pond.

That was alright.

It didnt matter since it was within that assumption.

but i saw something unexpected.

There were clearly unfamiliar white bone-like things visible here and there around the area.

i didnt thought it was be strange to see some bones since it was in the wilderness, but considering the distance from here to the white bones, the size was obviously strange.

(Dinosaur bones?)

I think the desertification of the surrounding area was also a factor in the abandonment of the village, but these bones were probably the biggest factor.

There were clearly unfamiliar white bone-like things visible here and there around the area.

I thought it wouldn't be strange to see some bones since it was in the wilderness, but considering the distance from here to the white bones, the size was obviously strange.

(Dinosaur bones?)

i approched them.

I think the desertification of the surrounding area was also a factor in the abandonment of the village, but these bones were probably the biggest factor.

As i got closer, it emited an overwhelming presence.

And not just one, but six within the visible range.

Many of them were buried in the sand, but some of them were out in the open, strongly asserting their existence.

(If something like this comes, those walls won't be able to protect people.)

they are about 2 times bigger than the elephant from my previous life.

The shape of the bones are different, but they closest to the dinosaur bones seen in museums.

they are completely skeletonized, but not fossil.

I wonder if such a large beast is still alive in this world.

Judging from the shapes of their large fangs, teeth, and bones, it seems that there was multiple types of large beasts.

If these creatures were alive and could attack people, it would be difficult to live in peace.

However, i am not seen any footprints of large animals found in the surrounding area.

At least enough time has passed for the footprints to completely disappear.

I can't feel completely safe, but it seems unlikely that I will be attacked any time soon.

If I can find something like this just by leaving the village, I'll probably need to expand your search a little more before deciding to live here.

I had never heard of large beasts existing near our village, so I wonder what's going on.

For now, I'll do some additional research on these bones that I are intriguing me.

The bones are extremely hard, so hard that it would be difficult to scratch it with a knife.

This hardness may be necessary for bones that support large bodies.

As a test, I carved out a bone the size of a fist, just like I used mana to carve a rock.

It was quite heavy.

The dancity may be heavier than iron.

There is a theory that dinosaurs were surprisingly light in my previous lives, but given the need for such strong bones, I think that large beasts must have been as heavy as expected based on their size.

The bones were concentrated in areas near the village, so I they were taken down by residents of the previous resident.

I would like to know someday how the people who lived in the village were able to defeat a large beast with such strong bones.

I climbed on the highest bone and looked around to see if I could find any additional set of bones, but I couldn't find more than six.

Since there wasnt much more information I could get from the large beasts, I started searching for other things.

Judging from the surrounding area, most of it seems to be desert and wasteland.

Similar to the desert in the previous life, vast sandy areas spread out, while plants grow naturally around water sources.

Possibly because there is abundant groundwater nearby, several ponds can be seen.

(It looks the same as the desert in my previous life.)

Deserts can form as a result of climate change, but they can also form as a result of environmental destruction caused by humans and other causes.

The Sahara Desert is said to have been created due to climate change, and before it became a desert, there was a time when it was an ocean and a large forest.

On the other hand, many deserts are created due to environmental destruction caused by humans.

India, China, Somalia, Morocco, and other countries were said to have become deserts due to wind and water erosion caused by human influence.

Wind and water erosion tend to occur in fields and bare land, and are caused by excessive deforestation, grazing, and agriculture.

Looking at the village and its surroundings, it has the distinct characteristics of a desert that was created after wind and water erosion.

(The speed at which plants grow may be causing the land to become aride quickly.)

I also explored the ponds.

I could see several ponds, so I looked into three that were close to the village.

Unfortunately, there were no fish living in any of the ponds, but there were several footprints of animals that seemed to have recently been around.

The size of the footprints was common sense, and there were no footprints that appeared to be those of large animals.

The ponds can be used as a drinking hole for animals.

I can't see any animals around me right now, but if I do my best, I might be able to find one.

(There are a lot of footprints, so it can agood place for hunting.)

I also looked into plants that grow naturally near water sources.

The first plant that caught my attention was a palm-like plant, although I could only see one or two.

It may be a date palm-like plant that is famous in the desert.

Date palms produce edible fruits called dates, but perhaps due to the wrong season, they are not producing any fruit at the moment.

If it is similar, it can be expected to be a valuable sweet.

There are quite a few trees growing in the wilderness.

Although thier trunks are not thick, some trees are over 6 meters in size grow.

they have small round leaves and thorns, and have characteristics similar to that of the Arabic gum tree.

If the properties are similar, the sap can be used as food or glue, and the bark can be used for rope, among other uses.

I tried making a wound on the tree trunk with a knife to collect the sap, and it was sticky and the properties matched.

I also confirmed that the sap soaked into a cloth harden it.

By the way, gum arabic tree is a type of tree that cannot produce rubber, unlike ordinary rubber trees.

Other plants that looked like they might be useful were something that looked like an olive, and a plant that looked like a carrot with a large root.

I was especially curious about things like carrots, but since most wild plants are poisonous, I did a patch test.

Cut the root part with a knife and place the cut part on the inside of your left wrist to check for allergic reactions.

There was no sign of redness or rash, showing that test results were good, so I took some home with me.

I'm not sure if they are edible, but I'll give it a try.

(I would be happy if it were similiar to carrot or could be used as a seasoning.)

After that, I looked into other plants, but although I found some that interested me, I couldn't find anything that I could use right away.

After exploring the area around the village, I found that although desertification is progressing, there is water and ponds, and there are animals around the ponds.

I'm concerned about whether there are any dangerous animals, but I think the village is habitable enough.

Fortunately or unfortunately, there was no sign of other people around.

In the distance, I could just see the mountain where the village I was expelled from is located.

I will continue to explore, but it seems safe to assume that this village is located in an isolated area.

Although there are concerns about large animals, I don't think there will be any problems if I stay here permanently for the time being.

(I will use this place as my base for a while and proceed with development)

2