Ch 2. At Peace
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While waiting for Toko-san, I drinked the tea that had been presented in front of me. It tasted warm yet sweet, with a small bitterness to it. I think they had added some sort of honey into this, but I'm not sure.

Looking back at the table, I directed my attention to the snacks that were in front of me. They looked to be biscuits that had a coating of sugar, so I grabbed one and placed it in my mouth.....
 
 
"Delicious…"
 
 
The honey from the tea mixed well with the biscuits that were given. Even though the tea itself was sweet, mixing it with the biscuits made the taste even more pronounced.

 
 
Well from first impressions Toko-san seemed to be a person of nobility, so i guess the quality of the food here would be as expected. 

The decorations also helped me come to this conclusion, with the swords that were hung up on the wall, beautiful paintings of different assortments, and a white flag with a red salamander embroidered in the middle. 
  
  
"This kind of scenery really fits the theme of another world huh…"
 
  
Thereupon I heard the door open, and turned towards it. Standing there was Toko-san and that Maid-san, with one hand on his head. I wonder what kind of conversation they had, my guess is that he didn't expect Takahide-kun to be excited instead of worried about being suddenly transported here.
 
  
  
"My apologies, Miyama-sama. Takahide-sama was quite a different case from most. Well the summoning was also an odd case on its own, but I guess I should explain things first."
 
  
  
He walked towards the other side of the table and sat down, while the Maid-san stood behind him Seemingly displeased with my presence, for now let's just get back on topic.
  
  
"So, what's going to happen to me now?"
  
  
I need to know what would happen to me, at least depending on the information i receive i should also act accordingly. There are only two people in the room, and possibly more outside. Even if I'm weak I can at least try and put up a fight, with that thought in mind I braced myself for a fight.
  

  
"For now you will be staying here."
  
  
"Ehh…"
  
  
His answer was quite unexpected, if anything this is actually a good thing. But there's still something that's been lingering at the back of my mind. Yes, what was the true reason for a hero summoning?
  

  
"Can I ask something?"

"You may ask."

  
 
"What is the true purpose of summoning a hero? Takahide-kun, was it? You called him the Hero. I suppose that must mean there’s something like a Demon Lord here, and he needs to fight against, right?"
  
  
That's right, like in the novel's the hero was summoned to defeat the Demon Lord. Since the Demon Lord is usually powerful the Main Lead gains something like a cheat ability, does that mean that he had something like that? 

  
  
"Demon Lord? The first Hero had Defeated them a thousand and twenty years ago"
  
 
"Ehh, t-then are Demons hostile towards humans?"

More than likely, the remnants of the demon army are running about. Then if that's the case—

"No, Humans and Demons have a good relationship. Cultural exchange and trade are thriving."
 
 
Eh, so they have a good relationship with the demons here? I guess this World is a lot more peaceful than i— No, More than likely there is a possible war between kingdoms.
 
 
"……W-what about war?"

"There has been no war, the last time something like that happened was around 800 years ago"
  
  
"……T-then is the world brimming with monsters that the hero needs to subjugate?"

 
"Monsters do exist, but subjugating them is a job for the Adventurer’s Guild and the Chivalric Order, so, including Takahide-sama, none of you would have to fight."
  
  
Arehh? What’s with this conversation? Wait a minute. 

So… There isn’t a Demon Lord? The Humans’ relationships with the Demons are friendly? War hasn’t happened for around 800 years? There are monsters, but we don’t need to meddle ourselves with that?
  
  
"….. Then what is the purpose of summoning a Hero?"

 
"A thousand years ago, 1029 years to be exact, the First Hero who defeated the Demon Lord became the bridge that connected Humans and Demons together. And In honor of the First Hero and to pray for a peaceful future, every 10 years, we invite a Hero from the same world the First Hero came from and hold a grand festival. Incidentally, the person in charge of summoning heroes changes year by year, and this year, I am the person that has been given the opportunity to summon the Hero."
 
 
"Umm… a festival?"
 
  
"Yes. Takahide-sama was summoned here so that he can be the star of the “Festival of Heroes” in a year. We had him receive his explanation in another room so we can brief him on how he will participate and how he will need to visit every country. Of course, we would respect his request, so he could also decline if he so wishes."
  
  
So he can decline if he doesn't want to huh… he did say that I'll be staying here but I still need to get back home before my uncle and aunt start worrying about me.
  
  

"Then can you send me back home?"

"Unfortunately we cannot do that yet, you will have to stay here until we can send you back."

"So… I will be staying here for how long?"

"A year, since it will take a year before the magic circle can be used again."

"A Year!?"

"You shouldn't worry too much, According to the “Goddess” ,it seems that the flow of time is different between our worlds, and so when you return, you’ll be sent back to the exact time you got summoned in this world"

"I-is that so…"

"For now you can stay here until the end of the year, then we can send you back. Of course, we will guarantee your safety, clothing, food and shelter while you are here. and I guarantee you can live a life with little inconveniences."
  
  
Just when my worries had been quickly resolved, a new unknown variable, a Goddess, appeared. So this world has a god huh— I wonder what they are like.
  
  
  
Dear Mother, Father————- I got caught up in a hero summoning, but that world———— was apparently at peace.
  

"

"

<Afterwords>
  
   

Serious-Senpai: "Fufu, finally some seriousness. I can finally find a place were I belong"

? ? ?: "Senpai I think you're still being delusional"

Serious-Senpai: "No I'm not, for I have found it. The essence of seriousness can be found in this story, with this its guaranteed that Kaito will have a hard time."

? ? ?: "Umm… senpai I think you should stop before you catch some unwanted attention."

 
  
 
Airheaded Goddess: "..."

2