Ch 3. Unfortunate Fate
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was quite unexpected, I mean don't get me wrong, the fact that this world is peaceful is great. I had expected something a little bit more dramatic than
this.

"So, I will be staying here for a whole year?"

"That is correct, you can stay here until the end of the year. Although.... I would appreciate it if you could not go outside too much."

"Eh, I can't go outside?"

"Well we aren't telling you that you can't go, it's more like you shouldn't go outside of the march too often."

Arehh? I thought that this world was at peace. Was there an unknown threat that would harm me when I go outside? For now let's ask.

"Umm... is there a reason that I can't go out too much?"

"Reason huh... being someone from another world with no experience nor common sense of the world that they have been summoned to is probably a big reason. alongside the fact that although you are from another world, you are not the Hero."

"I-is that so?"

His explanation makes sense, not only do i not know anything about this world, i was also summoned here but i was not the Hero. I guess despite his somewhat demeaning tone, he actually cares about me.

"Yes, I hope that you can understand our current situation."

"I understand, I will be in your care."

"Though it might be late..."

Toko-san got up from his chair, looked at me for a second, then he- Eh!? He's bowing, a Saikeirei!?.

(A/n : Saikeirei, it's bowing at an angle of 45 degrees. Saikeirei is the most formal kind of bow in japan. Aside from the mythical Dogeza.)

"I apologize for accidentally bringing you here, Miyama-sama."

"Eh... Y-yes, please raise your head first."

Toko-san had bowed in a Saikeirei, his expression was that of light regret, it seems that he was quite worried about it. And for some reason I can sense a slight bloodlust from the Maid-san beside him, Though it's probably just my imagination

"Thank you, I hope you can overlook this unfortunate situation"

"Unn... I understand, please treat me well."

I nodded my head and looked at Toko-san. He seemed to be worried about something else but let's not ask about it now.

"Thank you again for your understanding. Lania, can you accompany Miyama-sama to his room."

"I understand, Toko-sama."

The Maid-san... Lania-san bowed and approached me. I never noticed this but she's actually really pretty the more I look at her. Her short silver hair contrasts the color of Her crimson colored eyes, although she's short her overall beauty is stunning.

"Miyama-sama, I shall escort you to the room that you shall stay in. Follow me"

"Ah, Ok"

She had asked me to follow her with a light bow, but why can I sense that she didn't want to do so. I did sense a hint of bloodlust earlier, was she mad at something? Did I do something wrong? I hope that I didn't make her upset.

After walking for a while, we arrived in front of a wooden door. The door looked to be somewhat fancy with a dark brown color to it, i wonder if this is expensive?.

"This is your room, the washroom is a short distance to the north. With that I shall take my leave."

"Ah, yes. Thank you"

Then she walked back towards the direction of the previous room, I guess she had more things to do. For now let's check out the room.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

There was a knock at the door, their presence was made known to whomever is inside.

"Yes, you may enter"

"Toko-sama, I prepared you some refreshments."

"Fumu. You can place it on the table"

It was Lania, she had returned to the room that Toko had been doing most of his work. While bringing refreshments for him, a noticeable frown can be seen on her face.

"There's something on your mind, Lania. Speak."

"Yes. Toko-sama, why is it that we have to keep that otherworlder here? Can't we just give him to Her Majesty The Emperor to take care of?"

Frustration, yes. That's what was bothering her. She was frustrated at the prospect of keeping someone who isn't the Hero, a nobody in the March.

"And what would happen to us if we did?. Lania, he is an anomaly in itself. someone who wasn't meant to be here. My reputation can be damaged if anyone finds out that the Hero Summoning went awry under my watch."

"That's exactly why I don't think it's a good idea to keep him here. If we can get rid of him then there will be no evidence of it ever happening."

"Then are you suggesting that we kill him? Someone from the same hometown as The First Hero?"

"N-no, i'm suggesting that we give him to someone else. So that we don't have to-"

"I understand your worries, Lania. But sending him into unknown territories without any information is basically suicide. The best way of handling it for now is to keep him sheltered here until we can send him back."

Unbeknownst to Kaito, his fate is currently being decided inside of this room. That fate will ultimately be that of a lonely solitude, where he will mostly stay in his room for a year.

"B-but! Toko-sama, if anyone finds out then your reputation might be-"

"That's why he's staying, the best way to deal with an unknown issue is either to get rid of it or to pretend it never existed."

"Doesn't that mean we need to take care of him?"

"Of course, most of his needs should be taken care of. Give him food and clothing, and possibly something to read if he gets bored. That's all there is to it."

"I-i... I Understand. I will do as you wish, Toko-sama. I will now take my leave."

Though still somewhat frustrated, Lania bowed and turned towards the door. After closing the door a deep sigh was led out of Toko's mouth.

"Hahh... seriously that girl is always like that. But i can understand her reasoning, my reputation might crumble if this were to be known by the other nobles. I should keep an eye on him just in case."

(Hmm... maybe we should get 'that' done first. So that he won't get into any health problems.)

The gears have started turning. Without knowing it This otherworlder Miyama Kaito, who was meant to have a fate of Solitude, will be changed by an unknown force.

"

"

<Afterwords>

Serious-Senpai: "There you see it don't you, ? ? ?. I was mentioned."

? ? ?: "Senpai, Should I call a doctor for you?"

Doctor M: "Is Senpai ill? Don't worry i have just the cure. A scrapbook filled with pictures of my beloved child."

Serious-Senpai: "It seems that I may have been overeating, I am quite healthy and happy. And now I will take my leav-"

? ? ?: "You can't leave though, isn't not that time of the year yet."

Serious-Senpai: "Wait no, A/Noa-san help me. You're the only one i can count on right now, get me out of this place."

A/Noa: " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

Serious-Senpai: "You Traitor!!!"

Doctor M: "And here were my beloved child's first steps, I can't wait to show you more"

Serious-Senpai: "Noooo!...."

2