Ch 4. Intervention
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Umm… Toko-san, did something happen?"
 
 
I can tell from his facial expression alone that he is currently in a sour mood, he had a stern look on his face. I didn't do anything to upset him, right?...
    
 
 
"Miyama-dono for now I would like you to follow me to my office, there's something I need to discuss with you."

"Ah, alright"
  
 
After walking for a while we reached Toko-san's office. It was the room where I had received the explanation of the Hero Summoning.
  
  
"You may sit down."

"Ah, yes"
  
  
I quickly sat down and looked towards Toko-san, it seems like he has calmed down a bit. It looks like this is a serious topic, as his demeanor changed. He said that he had something he wanted to discuss with me, is he kicking me out? Or possibly selling me off?. No, so far Toko-san has been someone who cares for me. But I can't shake this feeling that something big is about to happen.
  
  
"In 2 days we will depart to God Of Fertility-sama's Temple so that you can receive her blessing."

"Eh? Blessing?"
  
  
Arehh? We're going to the Temple of a God, to get her blessing? I mean It's great to get a God's blessing and all. But the God in question is the God Of Fertility, Isn't this God specific for those riajuu out there. To think that there's a God that makes us singles out there feel left out.
  
  
"Yes, receiving God Of Fertility-sama's blessing would grant you effects such as increasing one's chances to receive a healthy offspring, and provides health to those who aren't immune to this world's diseases."
  
  
"Ah, I-is that so"
  
  
"Yes, I will prepare a carriage. Since it will take a decent amount of time to get there. Ah, and we'll be paying for your fee so you don't have to worry about that."
  
  
Apparently God Of Fertility-sama's Blessing also had that effect, I mean her blessing works as expected but to think that it had an extra effect of being immune to this world's diseases. Wait there's a fee to get the blessing? What does a God do with money? Well with such an effect in return i can see why it'd cost money.
  
  
"Do you have anything you'd like to ask?"

"Umm… can you explain to me a little bit about the Gods of this world?"
  
  
"The Gods huh… alright. The Gods are placed into three ranks, low-ranking Gods, high-ranking Gods, and the Supreme Gods, and the one who stands above all, The Creator God."
  
  
So there are ranks huh… to think that even the Gods have a hierarchy system. I'm guessing that the ranks are based on how powerful they are, since The Creator God is at the top. But if that's the case then I wonder how powerful they are…
  
  
"As for the Supreme Gods. The Three Goddesses of Time, Fate, and Life, it’s highly unlikely that you’ll ever get to see their faces, much less receive their blessings, except at the Festival of Heroes and they rarely go out to the Human Realm so the chances of meeting them are extremely low."
  
  
So there are 3 Supreme Gods, they sound quite powerful. The Goddess Of Time, Fate and Life, if their powers are as their names suggest then they definitely have cheat abilities. Then again, aren't I supposed to have one too? Or is it because I was caught up in the summons that I don't have one? I'll test that out later.
  
  
"Then there's the Creator God— "
  
  
  
"Toko-sama."
  
As Toko-san was going to continue his explanation, a maid knocked and opened the door.

"Hmm… What is it? I'm currently in the middle of something."

"W-well it's about 'that'. "
  
  
"I see, apologies Miyama-dono. I need to go somewhere, we can continue this conversation at a later point."
  
 
"Ah, alright."
  
  
Toko-san seemed to have something to do, well I guess it's fine since I got to know somethings about the Gods.
 
 
"The Creator God huh… I wonder what they're like?"
 
 
So I will receive a God's Blessing in 2 days… It feels quite unreal, to receive the blessing of a God. But I guess I'd be needing it since I'll probably get ill if i don't. There's quite a lot that I'll be writing…
  
  
"..."
  
  
I completely forgot… I wanted to ask for permission to go outside. I was so entranced in his explanation that I had forgotten to ask, and it's already near sunset.
  
  
"Ah, that's it."
  
  
I could ask Lania-san… I wonder why I suddenly got chills when I thought of that. I'd just be knocking on death's door by that point, or maybe I can just ask another maid to buy one for me? But… even if I ask, wouldn't it be as if a random person asked them to buy a book for someone they don't even know?

I know I'm counting my lucky stars here, but… Lania-san is probably the most optimal choice here. And yet I can already see myself In a seiza being scolded by her… for now let's hope for the best.
  
  
.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .
  
  
After exiting Toko-san's office, I wandered around the halls in search of Lania-san. Since the chances of gaining permission to go out for her is basically impossible, I wanted to ask if she could possibly buy a book I can use to write on.
  
  
"I hope she won't get mad at me."
  
  
As I was walking through the halls, I heard the sound of footsteps in front of me. Looking forward, I saw a maid walking towards my direction. I guess I have a much safer chance with her than Lania-san huh…
  
  
"Umm… excuse me, can you help me out…"

"You are?"
  
  
Ah… that's right. She wasn't present at the Hero Summoning, so I'm basically an intruder here. I need to quickly sort this out, before there are more misunderstandings.
  
 
"I-I'm Miyama Kaito. I was umm… the person who got caught up in the Hero summoning…"

"Ah, I deeply apologize for my ignorance, Miyama-sama. Is there something that I can help you with?"
  
  
She's bowing? Eh? Is this reaction the norm here? Isn't this a little bit too… well i guess I've been using Lania-san as a base for all maids here, then i guess this is more of a normal reaction.
  
  
  
"u-unn… I-is there an empty book that I can use?"

"An empty book?"

"Y-yes."
  
  
Should I tell her that it's for me to write a diary, I mean I've done it every day, ever since… Maybe I should at least tell her the reason of why I—
  
  
"Most of the books here are used, so I shall buy a book for Miyama-sama. Please wait in your room while I go to buy it."

"Err… T-thank you."
  
  
  
She nodded before bowing, and leaving towards the other direction. Well it's better than having to sit in a seiza, But her reaction was a bit too… I guess it's normal here huh… I should get back then.
  
  
  
.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .
  
  
Waiting in my room for the other Maid-san to return, I hear a knock at my door. It was somewhat late, but maybe the stores here are further than I thought. Since it's already around dusk, I feel sorry for the Maid-san.
  
 
"Miyama-sama…"

"Y-yes… I'm coming."
  
  
Opening the door, I find the Maid-san standing in front with a book and an ink pen in hand. And behind her I saw… ah, seems that I'd be meeting my parents faster than I thought.
  
 
"I've brought the items you've requested, Miyama-sama. Would you like me to bring you anything else?"

"N-no… that's all, T-thank you."
  
 
"If there's anything you need, you can just ask. We will treat you with the utmost respect."

"I-I appreciate that…"

"Then I will take my leave."
  
  
She nodded and turned away, she had bought this book and pen. I can't thank her enough but…
  
  
"Miyama-sama, would you care for a cup of tea?."
  
  
Arehh?… Why can I sense a somewhat favorable emotion coming from her? The person standing in front of me is none other than…
  
  
"T-that would be nice… umm… is there something wrong, Lania-san?"

"No there's nothing wrong at all… I suppose I should commend you for not going out of your room, and instead asking a maid to help you get things that you needed."
  
  
Her demeanor is still the same as always, although cold I can sense a small amount of favorable emotion from her. saying that it's a good thing that I asked someone else to get it instead of going out myself, but for some reason I feel that she would rather that I not leave my room at all…
  
  
"I have prepared, Sweet honey tea and some biscuits to complement the tea. I hope it is to your liking."

"Ah, t-thank you…"
  
  
"With that I will take my leave, and Miyama-sama."

"Yes?"

"Don't ever cause trouble for Toko-sama. And try to not leave your room if possible."

"I-I understand…"
  
 
"Good. I hope you've had a nice day, Miyama-sama"
  
  
She turned around and closed the door, after glancing at the tea and biscuits that were placed on a nearby table. I placed down the book to write Inside of it, while taking sips from the cup of tea that was given.
  
  
  
Dear Mother, Father———— I've been summoned to another, and so far It's been a very interesting day—— Everyone here seems kind, I hope that every day here will be as nice as today was.
  
  
  
  
After I finished writing, I feel a lot more tired than I was this morning. Maybe I should rest a bit, it's probably just the suddenness of being summoned to another world, so I'll just lie down for a while.

"
  
 

"
  
 

<Afterwords>
 
 

A/Noa: "And day 1 is complete, I had more things I wanted to do but I also wanted to speed things up a bit. And since it takes a lot of time just brainstorming about these OC's of the story's personally, background, so on. Although they're not that important to the story, I would still like Kaito to have Interactions with new people since he was summoned in Archlesia instead of Symphonia."

? ? ?: "Heehh... So you just wanted to do the seigi treatment on your OC's? Well i mean he did get married in the Wn so guess that's progress."

A/Noa: "Well it's not like he'll be meeting anyone else besides them until around the first or second week. Besides before his encounter with a certain Airheaded Goddess I don't think he needs to interact with many new OC's since it's Stated that he'd just become a Hikkiko in (ch.565)"
 
 
Airheaded Goddess: "Should I make the encounter faster?"
 
 
? ? ?: "Oi, you Airheaded Goddess. Did you seriously suggest that we skip the buildup to your appearance?"

Serious-senpai: "Serious!? Did someone say serious!?"
 
 
? ? ?: "Owh hey, you're finally awake. it's just a certain Airhead suggesting that we skip the whole buildup for Kaito-san."

Serious-senpai: "I see, so if we skip the plot immediately then the seriousness wouldn't manifest it's self. I shall not allow this to happen, for the essence of seriousness will be found."
 
 
A/Noa: "Ahaha... So anyways I'm just going to skip straight to day 3 if you readers don't mind it."

Serious-senpai: "Why!? I thought that you were against timeskips? The seriousness can't appear if that happens."

A/Noa: " It's not like I'm skipping a year, so it's should be fine. And I got an anonymous tip that the plot is sorta all over the place, so i wanted to ground it a little. Anyways that's all for today."

2