Ch 5. Temple Visit ?
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd day of Fire Month

It had already been 3 days since I've been to the other world, and I was told that the calendar system was akin to that of Earth's calendars. With 360 days a year, 30 days each month, and 24 hours per day. It was quite familiar so I probably won't have any trouble with daily activities, not that I really have many.

So with that in mind, I, Toko-san, and Lania-san are currently headed towards the temple where the God Of Fertility-sama is, to receive her blessing. My guess is that the temple would look like Greek temples. But one thing has been on my mind for a while, I think I know why but...

"Umm... Toko-san, is it really necessary for me to wear this?"

"It very much is. Those clothes are made mainly for servants, and we've placed information concealment magic to hide your overall identity."

Yes, I'm currently Wearing clothes that are usually worn by servants of nobles, it feels a bit weird since it's my first time wearing something so.... Alongside this Information concealment magic, which apparently helps hide one's identity. I know I consented to this but still...

"And if possible, please try and avoid interacting with other people, the magic placed on you works mostly when you're not directly interacting with anyone."

"Ah, alright"

It's not that hard of a task, I've been mostly avoiding people ever since..... Let's save that for another day. For now I have no problem with avoiding interactions, but the clothes may attract some attention.

Then after a while, the carriage arrived in front of a huge and majestic temple but......

If you certainly think about it, this blessing stuff we're doing right now is just like the Hatsumode in Japan, so if you can clearly imagine that, you should be able to imagine the scene we're facing now.

A few seconds after the carriage stopped.

"Miyama-dono, once we are outside I would like you to pretend that you are my servant. And you are to refer to me with -sama for the time being, and I will refer to you as Kaito."

"I-i see... I understand Toko- s-sama."

"I understand your discomfort, but bear with it for just today, Kaito."

"U- unn..."

Referring to Toko-san with a -sama, it's somewhat strange but wasn't I supposed to refer to him with -sama anyways?

"And Lania, you are to refer to Miyama, as Kaito."

"Eh!? Why? Shouldn't he just need to refer to Toko-sama? Why do I also-"

"It's to ensure that they won't suspect anything, I doubt that a maid would refer to a servant with a -sama, right?"

"Urgh... I understand, I-it's a p-pleasure working with you, K- Kaito- s-san"

"U- unn... you too, Lania-san."

Lania-san has to refer to me with my first name, it feels weird for a girl to call me by my first name. But I wonder, does she really dislike me that much!?

"Alright, Lania, please keep an eye on Kaito for me."

"Yes"

"And Kaito, don't mention to anyone that you are an otherworlder."

"Y- yes."

We got out of our carriage and walked towards the temple. As the sight of the temple got closer, I was able to see more and more people that were standing outside. Most if not all of them looked to be nobles..... I feel like I'm in the wrong place with how many people here, not to mention their attire that looked to be something that is made of fine fabric and jewelry of gold and silver that they wore. Unn... I'm definitely not someone who is meant to be here.

"Oya,oya, if it isn't Toko-dono. It's been a while hasn't it."

As we were walking towards the temple at a somewhat fast pace, an acquaintance of Toko-san seemed to have spotted us.

"Ah, Count Aire, It has been quite some time. Would you kindly give us a second, I need to speak with Lania."

"Oh, no worries "

Toko-san's acquaintance, Aire-san, seems to be a friend of Toko-san. So I don't think he can just ignore him.

"Lania, quickly take Miya- Kaito to the temple and register him. I'll join you when I'm finished talking to Aire-dono."

"Yes, Leave him to me."

"Miy- Kaito- s-san, Let's quickly go to the temple."

"Y-yes"

Ahh... so that's how we plan on escaping. With how things are going I doubt that there will be any misshapes, though it seems that she still isn't used to calling me by my first name.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Walking past the crowd of people, we found ourselves in front of a large temple, with marble-like pillars and a big archway. Compared to the outside the inside of the temple is a lot less crowded, looking around there looked to be a few priests that are managing the temple.

"Miy- K- Kaito-san, come with me, I need to register you before you receive the blessing."

"Ah, alright"

Following Lania-san to a counter nearby, that looked to be managed by a priest. Thereupon Lania-san started to talk to the priest.

--Yes, we have been informed of your arrival.

--You have another person with you? Then you would have to pay the extra fee of one gold coin.

--Yes, this is enough, everything's in order. Please follow him to the room.

After nodding Lania-san turned and walked towards my direction.

"Kaito- s-san, the registration process is done, follow him to the room to receive the blessing."

"Umm... What about Lania-san?"

"I will be waiting for Toko-sama to finish his discussion with Aire-sama. Since the room is divided by gender, I can't go with you, and you need to finish this first so that we can return faster."

"Ah, a- alright"

I was currently being led by a priest towards the direction of this 'room'. While I was being led, I remembered something. The fee for a blessing, I had overheard their conversation earlier and it seems that one blessing cost 1 gold coin, if 1R is 100yen then 1 gold coin should be around 10000R, so it's 1,000,000yen !?. Isn't that a little too expensive?

"We have arrived."

"Ah."

When we came before a door in the hall, the male priest bowed his head deeply as if he had another person to lead and left right away.

Because there appears to be a rule of wearing special vestments when receiving the blessings, the men and women are separated so that they could change their own clothes.

I had expected that we would be wearing light clothing from the fact that we were separated based on gender, but when I changed in the room I was led to, I found that the clothes were almost like underwear, they were made in a material similar to fine silk.

Moreover, it seems that after this, I'll be waiting in a spacious room and will be called out to receive our blessing in turn. This means that I would inevitably be led to a place filled with men dressed in vestments that look like this white dress I'm currently wearing...... How should I say this... I'm kind of tempted to turn back now.

From what I heard from the priest who was leading me, it doesn't look like it's packed to the brim, but apparently, there are still dozens of people waiting for their turn over there, and we would definitely need to wait for over an hour. That doesn't sound like a blessing anymore, it's almost torture for me.

I honestly want to leave without opening this door that leads to a sausage fest, but after taking a few deep breaths, I made up my mind, opened the door and entered.

"T- This is!?"

"

"

<Afterwords>

A/Noa: "Well I'm back, after a week break and a few days to write I'm back to continue this series."

Serious-senpai: "You're back!? Finally!! The seriousness can continue!!"

? ? ?: "Heehh... I thought that you had forgotten about it, or maybe lost interest"

A/Noa: "Ahaha... Well not really, it's just that I've received more motivation ever since 'a certain someone' said they liked my fanfic. Kudos to them for giving me the boost I needed, and also to the readers as well. I thank you for reading this series. (・▽・) ."

Serious-senpai: "tsk, why did you have to get all emotional about it. Embrace the seriousness and have more serious events happening, seriousness must prevail!."

A/Noa: "Would letting Kaito meet a God suffice? I mean technically she appears in the original novel, but no actual description was given so...."

Serious-senpai: "Eh!? Really!? You truly are on my side, I know I can count on you."

A/Noa: "U- unn , anyways... Thanks again for reading the fanfic. (⁰▿⁰) ."

2