Ch 8. Divine Invitation ①
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After returning to the mansion, I asked to use the washroom and went to take a bath.

After returning to my room I then took out the book that is now my diary and started writing.

~4th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- Today I went to a Temple to receive a blessing. I also got a chance to talk to The God of Fertility-sama. She was an interesting person to talk to and apparently this world has more than 100 Gods aside from The God Of Fertility-sama that I met. Once I returned to the mansion, for some reason I felt like I was being avoided again- But aside from that, today had been quite eventful.
...
..
.

~5th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- Today wasn't as eventful as yesterday but I got the chance to taste wyvern meat. Although it was apparently leftover meat, it still tasted very good. Touko-san was busy with matters on his end so I doubt that I'll get a chance to go outside anytime soon. Ah, I also tried to read one of the books Lania-san left for me, "Tale Of The First Hero." It was apparently the first of many volumes- I've got a lot of free time anyways, so I'll be reading most of the time.
...
..
.

~6th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- There has been quite a strange atmosphere around the mansion lately, they've been so busy that I rarely get the chance to talk to anyone. Although Touko-san still kept his promise of giving me daily necessities, I would have liked to talk to someone today- Even if it was just for a second or two.
...
..
.

~7th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- I was able to hear a conversation between a maid and Lania-san about Takahide-kun. Apparently he's made his way to Friendship City, and the talks of him being a great example of a hero and so on... I've also been thinking, why can't there be 2 heroes? Like if there are two won't it be easier to manage things? Ah, aside from that I got to talk to someone today- Although it was only for a second, it's nice to get to talk to someone.
...
..
.

~8th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- For some reason whenever I go out, I'm usually stared at. As they were wary of me, did I do something wrong? I mean, It's not like they openly avoid me. But I can't shake the feeling that they'd rather me gone than stay here. But in brighter news I was able to get the 2nd Volume of "Tale Of The First Hero" thanks to Lania-san- Although she didn't have the happiest face when meeting me, it was nice to see someone familiar after a while.
...
..
.

~9th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- It... wasn't really intentional, but... on the way to the washroom I heard some... rather negative comments directed towards an otherworlder. I'm not sure if it was towards me specifically, but judging from the context it was definitely me. But, I'm fine. There's no need to worry about offhand comments like that, most of it was directed at my scar so I'm quite used to it- Ever since then I've decided to not go outside as much, aside from going to the washroom there's really no need for me to go out is there?
...
..
.

~10th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- There's been quite the negative atmosphere around the mansion, although I mostly feel it whenever I'm outside. I mean it's not like I've been going outside a lot but, it's starting to feel suffocating whenever I'm outside of my room. I almost forgot to write in here, I probably just need some sleep that's all- Ah, the books that I've read so far are great, it retold the story of The First Hero, Kujou Hikari. Visiting other lands and Kingdoms, I wonder what the other Kingdoms would look like.
...
..
.
...
..
.

~12th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- I'm sorry I forgot to write in my diary yesterday, I was just really tired and slept earlier than usual. I mean it's not like anything strange happened yesterday, I mostly stayed inside and read a bunch of books. There's also a story titled "The Caged Princess And The Blue Flower", it's a simple Love Story between a princess and a commoner- It was one of the stories that gave me hope that maybe someone would save me from my 'Cage'.
...
..
.

~13th Day in Trinia~
Dear Mother, Father- I didn't forget to write this time, I made sure of it although it might be unhealthy not sleeping after an all nighter but... I won't forget to write this time. Today was just as uneventful as yesterday, I've been inside of my room for the past 3 days... I should take a bath sometime soon. The maids have been more and more distant, and I've been feeling like they're seeing me not as a person but more like a pest, I'm still thankful for the food and books that they've been giving me but- I've been losing sleep more often these days, so today I'll be going to... sleep~-
...
..
.
...
..
.

~15th Day in Trinia~
DearMother, Father- I think I've slept for an entire day. I know that I told myself to not forget but I... I'm sorry,
I should have been better, I shouldn't have been so... so... I'm sorry,
I didn't mean to forget I just didn't know... I just.. I didn't... I... I'm... I'm sorry... Mom,Dad, Uncle,Auntie, I want to go back, I want to go home, I, I, I don't like it here... I want to- I want to see you all again.
...
..
.
...
..
.
...
..
.

~Day 18~
Dear Mom and Dad- I Know that I haven't been writing as often, I'm sorry. I just went to bed and didn't want to get up, like a weight was placed on me. The maids don't seem to care that I've been inside for 3 days, even though their faces didn't show it. I can somehow feel their annoyance when I go outside. I felt a lot more negativity than before, so i just returned back inside of my room.
I doubt that anything eventful will happen anyways, I've already finished about 48 books by this point and reread 5 of them. They were definitely an enjoyable read, although it would be nice if i have someone i could talk to about it. Like how the Hero made contact with the 6 Kings, Talked to the Gods, And even met the Creator God- If given the chance, I would like to meet them too...

(Is that what you want? To meet me?)

Haha, I've probably gone crazy by this point. I've heard that solitude can cause hallucinations and more weird things to happen. But I guess having something to talk to is better than nothing.

"Yeah, sure. I'd like to meet you."

(Alright.)

"W- Wha-"

Then like a blinding flash of light the room that was darkened by the curtains was now as bright as the sun, closing my eyes at the sudden brightness before slowly opening them.

I was then standing in the middle of what looked to be a floating garden. Colorful flowers bloom beautifully in front of me and after moving my eyes around, I could see the border between the blue sky and the earth. The scenery has a beautiful yet majestic atmosphere, as if I was looking down on the earth...

"It is nice to meet you, I am Shallow Vernal. The Creator God you said you wanted to meet."

"Eh?!"

Yes, before I noticed it, without even making a sound nor did I even feel her presence, standing a few feet in front of me was a woman.

She has the appearance of an unparalleled beauty- I can't think of anything else to say about her. Long, silver-white straight hair that doesn't have any curls reaching to her knees, they even seem like they're faintly glittering, and golden eyes that don't have any hint of cloudiness.

Her body, which is about 160cm tall and dressed in white vestments, is so beautiful that you would think that her existence embodies the perfect divine proportions- but most of all, she's kind of eerie.

"I suppose you're surprised by the abruptness of the situation. I received a report from the God Of Life, that there's another person summoned alongside the Hero."

[A/n: image from Ln

[A/n: image from Ln.]

It didn't really take that long for me to understand why I felt that way. It's because it was hard for me to believe that the words I just heard emanated from the woman in front of me.

If I just paid attention to the words she said, I don't think I would have found anything strange among them... But I can't sense any intonation in her voice. Although her voice is supposed to be beautiful, there's no emotion in her voice, as if it was just a machine speaking to me.

Furthermore, her facial expressions didn't change at all, as if she didn't have any emotions right from the start. I'm not even sure if her golden eyes were looking at me, or as if I didn't exist, they're just looking at the background.

"Your mind seemed to be in quite the mayhem, are you alright?"

"Eh? Ah, y- yes... I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. It's my fault for bringing you here so suddenly."

As expected, each of Shallow Vernal-sama's words were spoken without any changes in her expression or voice. I frantically moved my head, which had been frozen in place, and replied to her words.

"I- I'm Miyama Kaito. N- Nice to meet you. Errr, Shallow Vernal-sama..."

"You can just call me "Shiro" if you want."

"N- No, but, errr..."

"You can just call me Shiro if you want."

"Errr... Shiro-sama?"

"The '-sama' is unnecessary."

"No..."

"The '-sama' is unnecessary."

"As expected, I can't just impudently..."

"The '-sama' is unnecessary."

"Ah, yes...... Shiro-san."

"Best regards."

I'll do what you say, so please stop sounding like a broken record on repeated playback. Seriously, it's starting to get scary.

To be honest, I didn't feel really comfortable calling a being that's obviously on another level compared to me such a thing, but having to hear the same words repeated over and over again with her completely unchanging expression and voice, I just gave up and changed the way I called her.

"T- Then... umm, did Shiro-san summon me here because... I was caught up in the Hero summons?"

"Yes, though. There's also another reason."

"A- Another reason?"

"Yes."

Another reason? Was It something I did? I haven't done anything bad... Did I?! Wait no, maybe, was it because I wrote that I wanted to meet her?!

"Now then, shall we have some tea?"

"Eh?"

"

"

<Afterwords>

Awakened Serious-senpai: "T- This is... Finally, FINALLY!!!"

A/Noa: "Umm... So, I didn't want to get sidetracked again like last time. So i decided to do a Time skip and had to think of a good way to do it, so i decided to try this out. And what's up with the 'Awakened' thing?"

? ? ?: "It happens when a serious development appears."

A/Noa: "Heh... Sounds kinda cool."

Awakened Serious-senpai: "The seriousness will continue right?"

A/Noa: "W- Well..."

Awakened Serious-senpai: "Right?"

Airheaded God: "..."

? ? ?: "(⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)"

A/Noa: "(⁠;⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠)"

Weakened Serious-senpai: "(⁠人⁠*⁠'⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚"

Airheaded God: "..."

Base-form Serious-senpai: "( •́⁠ ⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠,⁠•̀ )"

2