Ch.11 The God Realm ①
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the conversation with Shiro-san, we discussed the procedures of how I would be moving to the God Realm. Such as moving from the mansion to the God Realm, how I would explain it to Toko-san and so on. But the current situation would be...
   
   
"W- Wait, doesn't that mean that I'll have to live with different Gods?"

"Yes, there should be a rotation so the change should happen every week or so."
   
   
"B- But... Shiro-san said that all Gods are women, right?"

"Kaito-san said that he was fine with it though."
   
  
Yes, at first. I thought that my roommate would at least be the same gender as me, but if all of the Gods are women... wouldn't that just be torture for me?!
   
  
"Umm, Shiro-san. Could it be possible that I could just live alone?"

"Kaito-san said that he was fine with it though."
   
   
"Y- Yes... but-"

"Kaito-san said that he was fine with it though."

"... Alright, I understand."
   
   
Let's not continue that argument before she continues to repeat those words like a recording.
   
  
***
  
   
After figuring out the procedures, I've grabbed all my items from the mansion. Although, for some reason when I arrived at the mansion the mood around there was very tense. Like a ticking time bomb was somewhere inside of the mansion, that could blow up at any time.
  
   
Toko-san and Lania-san greeted me at the front door. I thought that they would scold me for suddenly disappearing, But instead they were very tense. After I was done with gathering my belongings, they called me into Toko-san's office. When I entered, both of them quickly bowed before apologizing, though I was very surprised and confused.
   
   
Passing through the gate, the scene in front of me... feels straight out of fantasy. Large and small lands are connected to each other by beautifully decorated bridges, and underneath the bridges, I can see the blue sky... A- Amazing.

When I moved my gaze, I saw something like the earth floating quite high above where we are now. Hmmm, the God Realm really is amazing... Just looking at it for a moment, it makes me feel like I'm really in a fantasy world. It isn't just the floating earth, but there's also the fountains in the sky and the strange trees whose balance is against the laws of physics... With huge flowers that are several meters high and a lake floating in the sky. Just looking at them really won't make me bored.
   
  
The surrounding area looked like a town that resembled the one in the Archlesia Empire. Although despite the amazement that i'm feeling right now, my current problem would be...
  
   
"H- Huge!!"
   
   
In front of me stands a Temple-like structure, that's both big and wide. The height is about the same as that of Toko-san's mansion, but what's more confusing was its width. It stretches from one end to the other but is basically impossible to perceive the end of it, though it's probably due to some magic.
  
  
This place is where all the Lower ranking Gods live, although I'm pretty sure that a human isn't supposed to be here from their confused stares... I can even hear a few of them gossiping, though it's nothing bad and more like them trying to figure out why a human is in the God Realm.
  
  
"Hey, Human-san."

"Y- Yes?"
 
  
Suddenly I was approached by a short and petite girl with leafy green eyes and semi-long brown hair that looked somewhat disheveled. She was standing on the stairs with her arms on her waist.
 
  
"Why exactly is Human-san in the God realm?"

"Umm, I was offered to stay here."
  
  
"What?! Offered to stay!! By who?"
  
   
The person in front of me glared with eyes that were like wolves looking at its prey, t- this is bad. I need to clear up this misunderstanding quickly.
  
   
"Ah, i was offered to stay here by Shiro-san"

"Shiro-san?"
  
  
Ah, that's right. Shiro-san's name was a nickname, the other Gods probably won't know of it. So I would need to use her actual name, right?
   
  
"Ah, By Shallow Vernal-sama's permission."

"Eh!!"
   
  
Areh? Did I say something wrong? I thought that Shiro-san should have told them about me staying here? Unless... She didn't even tell them?!

(I forgot.)

This airheaded Goddess, you said that you'd take care of the moving process. You even handled the moving from the mansion, so why didn't you tell them about me moving to the God Realm?

(I made God of Life handle the problem of Kaito-san moving from the mansion.)

Seriously, hahh... fine I'll handle it somehow. Since I'll need to stay here for a while, I might as well try to handle things like this on my own.

(Alright.)

Looking around. There's... a lot of them. I feel like I'm in enemy territory all of a sudden, before I noticed someone out of the crowd. With long blue hair and vibrant sapphire like eyes, she was looking at me but... unlike the others she was... scared? Areh?
  
  
"Hey, Human-san... did you think that you can trick me with those words?..."
   
  
This is bad, her eyes look sharper than before alongside that murderous aura around her. I know that I said that I was going to handle it a second ago, but-
  
  
"Wait, Carsa!!"

"Eh?"
  
  
Suddenly the blue haired person who's face was covered by a cloth appeared in front of me, with her right arm outstretched as if trying to protect me.
  
  
"Hnn? What are you doing, Omoi? I was just about to banish this fool-"

"He's telling the truth."
  
  
"Eh!? B- But, there's no way that-"

"I heard them... talking."

"What?!"
   
  
Eh? Was I talking out loud? There's no way that she would have heard me from that distance if I did... then how did she...
  
  
"Forgive my sudden appearance. Kaito, was it? I am The God Of Thoughts, Omoikane.
I was also suspicious of your sudden arrival and had to check your thoughts to make sure, only to find that you were talking to Shallow Vernal-sama while doing so."

"What?!"
  
  
Eh!? Then she could also read my mind? But, at least I have someone who vouched for me. I see, it's as Shiro-san said. There are quite a variety of different Gods in the God Realm and all of them are very beautiful, But it feels embarrassing to have a beautiful woman protect me.
     
  
"I appreciate the compliment but why don't we focus on the current situation."

"Ah, yes."
   
   
Omoikane-san then lowered her arm, before I walked towards the person in front of me. Even though our previous interaction wasn't so positive, I know that my words would reach her better now.
    
   
"Umm... Carsa-san, right? Well, you see, I am a human. A weak and frail human that was caught up in the hero summons, I had stayed in a mansion of a noble with people that indirectly avoided me, until Shir- Shallow Vernal-sama offered me the opportunity to stay in the God realm, And that's why I'm currently here. I didn't mean to make a scene but, I'm probably going to stay here for the next year or so..."
   
    
With those words I stretched out my hand towards the person in front of me, Carsa-san.
   
   
"I can't offer much but, I hope that you can take good care of me, Carsa-san."
   
   
A deafening silence fell on to the surroundings, the silence that lasted a few seconds felt like minutes before Carsa-san spoke.
  
  
"I- I see... then, I'll be in your care also, Kaito... -san?"

"Yes."
  
  
Despite the unexpected event, Carsa-san reached out her hand and shook mine.
  
  
"And, umm... sorry for being rude earlier."

"I don't mind it, after all you were just doing what you felt was right."
  
  
"Un, well then. I'll see you around, Kaito-san."

"Eh? Yes."
   
   
She then scurried off as if nothing happened. Although the surroundings were tense, the mood had slowly changed to that more of a calm one. With the crowd slowly dispersing, I turned around to find Omoikane-san looking at me.
  
  
"Umm... Omoikane-san?"

"It seems like Kaito-dono has faced quite a lot of strange happenings, could you be tied to such fate..."
   
  
"Umm..."

"Ah, no. Would Kaito-dono allow me to escort you inside? It would be better to have someone who knows the area as a guide."
  
  
A Guide huh... I mean it's not that i don't need one, but i don't want to bother someone who's helped me a lot already.
  
   
"Eh? Doesn't Omoikane-san have other things to do?"

"No, it would be a great honor to help someone who Shallow Vernal-sama has taken an interest in."
  
   
"I- Is that so?... Then please take good care of me, Omoikane-san."

"Likewise. Anyways, where exactly do you plan to stay?"

"Umm..."

"Hn?"
   
   
How exactly do I tell her that Shiro-san told me to stay with one of her colleagues. I mean for a healthy human male like myself, the prospect of staying with a beautiful woman like Elune-san would cause more than one problem.
    
    
"Eh!? With Elune?"

"Eh, Ah, yes... Shiro-san told me that I could stay with her as her roommate for a while."
  
    
"I- I see... I- I'll show you to her room..."

"Thanks, that'll be a great help."
    
   
"Unn... I assume that you have all your things with you."

"Ah, Yes. I've got all my belongings with me."
   
  
It's not like i had many belongings anyways, the only thing i actually owned was some clothing that Lania-san bought for me and my Diary. So when it comes down to inventory, there shouldn't be any problems.
   
   
"Alright, follow me. And make sure to not get lost, it'll be hard to find you if you do."

"Yes."
   
   
We then walked up the stairs that led to a door, the door was about as big as the one that I saw at the Temple Of Fertility. Though this one had more colors with more of a white with gold accents. The doors were starting to open before we reached the front, magic really comes in handy sometimes.

Through the open door, I was able to see a gigantic sized common room that was decorated with many assortments of flowers and ornaments. The middle had another floating water fountain, they even have lounge chairs and even some bean bags here!? This can be written off as a cafe, if you take out the other thing that can casually break the laws of physics.
   
  
"Yes, the common room was made to be a comfortable place for everyone here."

"Hehh~"
   
  
There's also other Gods that were talking in the common area. despite being Gods, they were wearing casual clothes. I mean my only experience with Gods was with Elune-san and Shiro-san who wore vestments that matched their godly title. Coincidentally, Omoikane-san was wearing what looked to be a white T-shirt complemented with a blue colored jacket, alongside a pair of jeans that made her beautiful appearance stand out. Though I'm probably thinking too much about it.
  
  
"A- Anyways, shall we?"

"Ah, yes."
 

"
  
  
"
  
  
<Afterwords>

A/Noa: "Soo... Yeah, had to wrack my brain again for ideas. Since i had (again) free reign over the stuff in the God Realm. Especially Edea-san[Now; Omoikane. since the name was revealed.], I actually had no plans for her appearance. But I had the perfect opportunity to somewhat introduce her, so I took it."

? ? ?: "Well at least we get to meet new personalities, I mean it's not like there was any mention of how the Lower rangking Gods live so."

Huntress: "We usually live in something that Shallow Vernal-sama calls 'Dormitories' i think? Apparently it was modeled after the modern way of housing in the other world or something. Though there are some who prefer to live in the Central area of the Lower level."

A/Noa: "Hmm... Aren't Dormitories usually for schools and stuff?"

? ? ?: "Shallow Vernal-sama was interested in the way the other worlders live, since most of them are Highschool students she probably got the inspiration from there, also most of the institutions in the human realm have dorms as well."

2