The Christmas Special Chapter
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alright so this was meant to be the Christmas special chapter, but i decided not to upload it due to sone circumstances.

But since I'm probably going to be offline for a while, I'm going to post this instead so that you can have something to read while im gone.

Thank you for your understanding.

Note: I haven't touched the chapter since writing it in December 2022, so I apologize for the lack of quality.

Though i did put a decent amount of effort working on this at the time. So even if the quality is low, it should be decent enough. There might be some mistakes in writing, but i hope that y'all can enjoy the chapter.

Ps this is my first time writing a somewhat sweet chapter, so go easy on me, k?
  
   Possible Spoilers for both fanfic and the actual series.  Will not continue.
___________

I am currently sitting in my bed, pondering one important question. Yes, today is Christmas or the equivalent of Christmas in Trinia, and I don't have anything in mind to give to Shiro-san. Shiro-san had promised not to peek as to what kind of present I would give her but…
   
  
"Hmm… this is troubling. What do i—"
  
  
Before I can utter another word, the door to my room suddenly bursts open. To find a Fate-san puffing out her chest.
   
   
"Have no fear Kai-chan, for I am here."

"Hahh…"
   
  
What the heck is this person thinking… I let out a small sigh before giving her a tsukkomi.
  
  
"The door wasn't locked, you know…"

"Well, I wanted to do a cool entrance. I can sense Kai-chan's distress and I'm here to help."

"And how exactly do you plan to help?"

"I have no clue."

"..."
  
  
Seriously, this person… not only have you barged inside of my room, now you're laying on the cushion that's in my room. No, there might be another reason for this…
  
  
"Then why exactly are you here, Fate-san?"

"I'm free as the wind...!"

"So you ran away again?"

"No amount of work will hold me, that's why I ran. So hide me Kai-chan, before that sadist with the flat chest comes and—"
  
  
Before she could continue another sentence, a familiar figure stood at the now broken doorway.
  
  
"God Of Fate…!"

"G- God of time…"
  
  
"You really want to die, huh…!"

"Eep!! Kai-chan save me!!"
  
  
Fate-san's body was suddenly wrapped around a rope that Chronois-san was tugging. Unn… despite the absurdity of this situation, why do i feel like this is the norm around here…
  
  
"By the way, Miyama. I heard that you needed advice as to what you should give Shallow Vernal-sama?"

"Un, I don't know what I could give her. Shiro-san could create basically anything, so I don't know what gift I can give her."
  
  
"Fumu, I can understand your situation.
But wouldn't it be better to give something that you feel is right to give to Shallow Vernal-sama?"

"Well, I'm still somewhat confused as to what I feel is 'right' in this situation."
  
  
Unn, in a situation where the person can create anything and everything in the world. Trying to figure out a gift to give Shiro-san was quite the problematic situation.
  
  
"If it's you, I know you'll find an answer. As for this, I'll be taking her back and making sure she does her job."
   
   
"Noo!! Kai-chan help mee!."
  
  
"You already have a month's worth of work to do, so you won't have any excuses to make."

"Noo!!!"
   
     
"I'll see you around… Kaito"
   
  
Chronois-san then slowly dragged Fate-san towards the door, before I was left to my own thoughts and a broken door.

But what Chorois said was right, what I feel is 'right' is something I need to find by myself but… have nowhere to start. What is in the category of 'right'? Should I make something for Shiro-san? Like cookie's? Or maybe a cake?

I could ask Elune-san to teach me about baking, since she's been making some cookies for me. Unn, maybe I should ask for her opinion.

***
   
   
"And umm… that's why I came here but Life-san…"

"Unn?"

"Is Elune-san alright?"

"Yes~ she's alright, she just passed out, She just tried out some of my cookies that's all~"
   
  
In front of me is Life-san with Elune-san, who was laying on the ground and foaming at the mouth, holding what could be described as an animal-like cookie that has an ominous feel to it.

I feel like I've stepped into enemy territory, if those cookies can take out a God… then what would happen if i, a human would— shivering at the thought, I quickly changed the topic.
   
  
"Ah, I was wondering what Life-san thinks I should give Shiro-san."

"Hmm… a present for Shallow Vernal-sama. Finding what's 'right' to give… Miyama-san, why exactly did you decide to try making a cake?"

"Well, I was thinking that a handmade cake should be a good gift for Shiro-san. I would need to learn how to bake one but that should be fine, right?"
  
  
A small silence came before Life-san opened her eyes, looking at me with those enchanting Lapis Blue eyes before talking.
   
  
"What Miyama-san should be giving as a gift doesn't have to feel 'right', you might already know this but a present should be something that Miyama-san thinks is meaningful."

"something that's meaningful…"
  
  
Something that's meaningful… a gift for Shiro-san should be meaningful, but what can be considered meaningful? After all, most of the things I own were given to me by Shiro-san or the other Gods…

Making handmade food should be fine but… the person i wanted to ask is currently out cold, and the person that created said situation is the person I'm currently talking to.
  
  
Should I buy an accessory for Shiro-san? No, adding something to someone who's already so beautiful will just make it feel out of place. Maybe I will make her something from Earth but… I would have no idea how to make them…
  
  
"...yama-san …"
   
 
Then should I ask Shiro-san directly? Then the present won't be a surprise… Hmm, this is really troubling. I should have something that I can give her, but why isn't it coming to mind…
  
  
"Miya… -san…"
   
  
Come on… think. What can I give to Shiro-san as a gift that would be meaningful? Should I try something out of the box like a flower? Wait no, I don't think any flowers can beat the one's that's in the sanctuary.
  
  
"Miyama-san."

"Eh? Ah, I'm sorry. I got lost in thought."
  
  
"May I give you another piece of advice?"

"Yes?"

"Don't think too hard about it, a gift shouldn't be something that one gives an entire day to think about. a gift should be something that directly speaks to Miyama-san, as in what thing would make you think of Shallow Vernal-sama?"
  
  
***
   
  
I returned to my room after a few more questions, that led me to more questions. Something that speaks directly to me… something that makes me think of Shiro-san…

Slowly looking around my room, scouting any item that makes me think of Shiro-san…
  
 
"I can't find any…"
   
 
Holding my hand against my head, I started to rack my mind for answers that wouldn't come. After double checking everything, I still couldn't find anything that would make me directly think of Shiro-san…

Then I stood up and walked towards my desk, before opening my drawer and looking for my diary… diary…
  
  
"THAT'S IT!!"
  
  
Why didn't I think of this sooner!! It's obvious what makes me think of Shiro-san, would be my diary. Writing in it basically every day, starting from the day that I came to this world, to meeting Shiro-san, to meeting the other Gods, and the Six Kings, if i were to check my diary most of the things written in here are about Shiro-san.

Wait… if I were to consider giving Shiro-san my diary then… won't that basically mean that I'm giving all my privacy away!!
  
  
"Urgh.."
  
  
Damnit, I thought I finally found a breakthrough… My diary is something that would be kept as a secret, so even though most of the things written here are about Shiro-san, giving this away won't do…
  
  
"Written about Shiro-san… Written… Write… Ah, that's it!"
  
  
I quickly grabbed the item in mind, before wrapping it in a gift wrap, also adding an extra bow to it.
  
   
"Alright, tomorrow I'll be giving this to Shiro-san."
  
  
A present that should fit Shiro-san, although the quality wouldn't be anything special, this gift is meaningful in its own way. Unn, I'll be giving this to Shiro-san tomorrow.

Before sleeping the night off.
  
  
***
  
  
Today's the 25th of Heaven Month. The equivalent of December on Earth.

However, of course, Jesus Christ isn’t in this world… Trinia, and the event of Christmas isn’t supposed to exist.

But in this world, every ten years, there is a big event called the Festival of Heroes,
where they would invite a Hero from my world to play the role of Hero, and many of the things from our world have been spread by the Heroes who visited at those times, and Christmas is one of them.

Of course, the Christmas in this world isn’t meant to be a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
  
  
There is no Son of God in this world, but Gods are real here, and so, Christmas is
regarded as a festival to give thanks to the Gods.

Incidentally, Christmas in this world is on the 25th Day of the Heaven month, which
actually coincides with the date of the Festival of Heroes. That’s why this event isn’t held in the year when the Festival of Heroes is held.
   
   
Making sure that everything's in order, I gently grabbed the gift that's for Shiro-san, before Teleporting to the sanctuary.

Slowly walking to the middle of the beautiful flower garden that now was a big Christmas tree with beautiful ornaments placed on it. Before noticing the familiar figure of my beautiful lover, Shiro-san.
  
   
"Hello, Shiro-san."

"Hello, Kaito-san."
   
  
Standing in front of the Christmas tree was Shiro-san with all her beauty, that made even the Christmas tree behind her pale in comparison. Then behind her I noticed that some of the ornaments suddenly changed form, from regular round balls to the shape of a 'Doya!' that was increasing in size. After a reaction like that I couldn't help but chuckle.
  
  
"It's good to see that Shiro-san is in high spirits."

"Of course, I'm here with my wonderful lover, therefore I'm in high spirits."
   
  
"Ah, Shiro-san. I have a present for you."
 
  
Then I saw the star that was on top of the Christmas tree turning into the shape of a 'Doya!' and it was shining quite the bright light. I guess Shiro-san really was in high spirits.
  
  
"Is that so, I'd be happy to receive it."
 
  
I took out the wrapped present from my magic box, taking a short look at the present before giving it to Shiro-san.
  
  
"Here, Merry Christmas. Shiro-san."
  
  
Shiro-san then slowly started to unwrap the present, to reveal a silver cased fountain pen.
  
  
"Although the gift wasn't anything special, I've put a lot of thought into it. When I was looking for the right present, nothing came to mind as to what I could give to Shiro-san. After all, whatever I buy or make you can just make a better version of it."

"...."
  
"Despite how minimalistic the gift was, it's something that made me think of Shiro-san. A gift should be something meaningful and I've held it for the past months in Trinia. The thing that I used to write in my diary with, was that pen.
  
  
Before I met Shiro-san, my diary was full of darkness. The days spent before I met you were harsh and lonely, until the day that I met you, Shiro-san. Despite your expressionless face and unchanging voice, you were the person that reached out to me, helped me though that darkness, saved me from the deep ocean that was swallowing me whole."
 
  
My words came like a torrent, as if the words that I've always wanted to say to her just burst out like a broken daam, she was the one who became my light that'll lead me to the surface. As I spoke, Shiro-san stood in front of me, not saying a word and letting me continue on.
  
  
"That's why, as the one who saved me. My gift to you is this pen. The pen that I've been using to write my story, I now give it to you Shiro-san. Because, you, Shiro-san, is the Prologue to this story of mine, and I hope Shiro-san can make a good Epilogue with it."
  
  
Catching my breath, after my long exposition. I looked towards Shiro-san who had a complicated expression on her face… areh? Did I say something wrong? Was the gift not good? This is bad, I should ask her just to make sure.
  
  
"Umm… Shi—"

"I appreciate the gift that Kaito-san gave me. But…"
  
  
"B- But?"

"Kaito-san said that I'm the one to write the Epilogue, right?"

"Yes?"
  
 
"But, what good is a pen without a book?"

"Ah."
  
  
Woehh… you surprised me there you air headed goddess, couldn't you just say that in the beginning. Then again, the whole Prologue & Epilogue thing was a metaphor…
  
  
"Is that so?"

"Yes… it means that I trust Shiro-san with whatever happens in the future."

"Is that soo."

"Yes."
  
  
As I let out a small sigh, I was then shocked at my current scenery. Nothing had changed, I was still in the sanctuary, the Christmas tree was still there, the only difference was the person in front of me, Shiro-san.
  
  
"Beautiful…"
    
   
Yes, Beautiful was the only way to describe what is currently happening in front of me. Said event was Shiro-san, smiling. Her smile was on par with a painting, no, her smile had already surpassed that. The surroundings had now started to change, like the entire world had stopped to bask in the presence of her smile.

Everything around her just suddenly became dull, as if to emphasize the fact that her one expression should be the focus of the world. Before I could comprehend the situation, she opened her mouth to voice her opinion.
  
  
   
"Thank you, Kaito-san."
    
     
   
Those words… to think that just three words could have such an effect. With the combination of her soft smile and those words… Shiro-san, that's… really unfair… I'm starting to fall for you again, you know…

But, even with that. My future will be in Shiro-san's hand, and I have absolute faith in Shiro-san.
  
  
And… I wish you a Merry Christmas too… Kuro.
  
 
 
<Afterwords>

A/Noa: "And that's all for now. Since I'll be gone for a while, i hope you all enjoy the chapter. I'll still continue the series whenever i can, but as for right now both my motivation and inspiration is lacking. So i hope that you all can understand it."

Huntress: "Uehh!? It was just getting good though... I was about to complain to El..."

A/Noa: "Maybe in another timeline, k?"

Huntress: "ok..."

2