Gun
77 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Check out the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@SnowwindTCG)


Among the circles of mages, there were stories heard only as rumors.

That the universe they lived in extended beyond the confines of mere three-dimensional space, delving into higher-dimensional realms where infinite unknown universes lay veiled.

Among those universes, there were worlds similar to their own, but with completely different fundamental entities of intelligence and opposing directions of civilization.

For those sorcerers driven by insatiable curiosity and a thirst for the unknown, these distant civilizations beckoned like enchanting dreams, their allure as captivating as the distant stars scattered across the night sky, yet just as unattainable.

It was a realm where the very essence of reality itself diverged, a kaleidoscope of possibilities spinning endlessly.

But why did these myriad universes remain beyond the grasp of even the most adept practitioners of magic? In Universe-1221, where magic flowed with a potency unmatched elsewhere, one might expect the creation of passages bridging the gap between worlds to be within reach. Yet, inexplicably, such a thing is not possible.

The fault lay with "THEM" – enigmatic entities whose very presence seemed to defy comprehension.

In fact, many mages had already attempted to go to other worlds.

However, the magicians who succeeded in opening a passage connected to the external universe all became one with “them”.

They were led to the wandering entities that had become lost in the universe and merged with them. Those who made contact with them had their intelligence taken away.

Even beings of transcendental might, such as angels and demons, could do little more than perceive the existence of these alternate realms. 

Interference was impossible, and attempts to bring forth artifacts from these distant dimensions were met with insurmountable obstacles. 

In the intricate way of the universes, it seemed that some boundaries were not meant to be breached, unless you were ready to give it all up.

Even entities beyond the realm of transcendence found themselves ensnared in the web of these enigmatic beings, as intelligence by itself makes them no different from prey.

It was only a matter of how long they could resist.

They were all one, and one was all of them.

If observed by one, they would be observed by all, and from that point on, countless infinite beings from the universe would gather, chasing the scent.

Once they were observed by them, that was the end.

No matter which universe they were in, they would chase after the scent of allurement like ghosts and eventually devour them.

Even if it’s an angel, a demon, or even a god.

But there was a mysterious store that ignored all such unknown threats and imported goods from other universes.

That store was none other than U.C. Convenience Store.

In one ordinary day, the U.C. Convenience Store suddenly appeared as if it had always been there, and the people never questioned it. They perceived it as just another general store that had always been there.

However, for those who knew about U.C. Convenience Store, the story was different.

They could see what was right in front of them without the interference of perception or manipulation of memory.

The store is filled with products from civilizations in other universes, and if needed, it would provide the desired items from there to here as well.

What was even more astonishing was that it allowed acts that not even gods could perform, and the price was merely a modest sum of money, not an exorbitant amount.

That’s why the mages who were well aware of U.C. Convenience Store designated it as a no-go zone.

At first, they fought each other to monopolize the store, but in the process, they realized that if the store employee died, the store itself would vanish.

Moreover, once the U.C. Convenience Store disappeared, no one could predict when, where, or how it would reappear.

According to past records, it reappeared only after a very long time had passed.

So, instead of fighting each other and gaining nothing, they decided to designate U.C. Convenience Store as a no-go zone and mutually benefit from the goods offered in the shop.

Of course, just like promises are meant to be broken, the no-go treaty didn’t last long.

The original U.C. Convenience Store had vanished because one of the two factions, black or white mages, had killed the employee, causing it to disappear along with them.

For these reasons, the news of a new U.C. Convenience Store appearing was a significant event for the mages.

Especially the head of the White Mages, who was the embodiment of an angel, showed great interest.

“Is it true? That U.C. Convenience Store has reappeared.”

Upon hearing the news for the first time in a long while, she set down the firearm she was cleaning and asked.

After it had disappeared that day, she believed it would never appear in this universe again.

“Yes, Ms.Seretiny. According to the report, traces of goods that were only produced in other universes were found, confirming its return.”

However, what the servant had brought is a black plastic container with a transparent lid that couldn’t be found in Universe-1221, indicating that the store had reappeared.

It was a container used for food from another universe, probably called “Master White’s Good Deal Bento,” or something like that.

The detailed knowledge was fuzzy, but she had a memory of seeing that product in the U.C. Convenience Store before.

“It’s been over a century since it disappeared due to that incident, so it’s definitely new when you look at its condition.”

Despite the passage of time, it appeared untouched by the ravages of age.

In other words, someone had bought the bento from the U.C. Convenience Store, ate all the contents, and then cleaned it thoroughly.

“Where was this found?.”

Universe-1221 owed much of its advanced magical prowess to the fortuitous discovery of the U.C Convenience Store. 

Recognizing the store's potential, people swiftly assimilated its arcane treasures, enhancing their own magical expertise.

Among these treasures was HK416, a cherished relic wielded by Seretini herself, procured from the store ages past.

In contrast to the formidable might of black magic, which tapped into demonic forces for its potency, the traditional White Magic of Uzu-1221 often fell short in terms of sheer destructive power. To offset this deficiency, the White Tower had long relied on weapons sourced from alternate universes, imbued with potent enchantments.

Although it was desired for everyone to be fully armed, unfortunately, due to weapon regulations, U.C Convenience Store could not make bulk purchases.

While regulations limited the acquisition of such weaponry, those items that did find their way into the hands of the White Magicians were revered as symbols of enlightenment. Enhanced through magical augmentation, these artifacts transcended their mundane origins, becoming vessels of divine power.

Intricately crafted to burn magical energy instead of conventional gunpowder, these firearms were infused with the essence of celestial beings, imbuing them with sentience and unparalleled potency. Far from mere tools of war, they were relics of unimaginable power, fueling the legendary prowess of the White Magicians within Uzu-1221.

“However, here is a problem. It seems that this particular U.C Convenience Store is positioned in the area of the Holy Church.”

“The Holy Church? Why is that a problem? If necessary, we can even go to war with them. It may be annoying to deal with that woman who hides behind a mask, but it is well worth it.”

“Um… Did you say war?.”

The state, divided into four factions: the Holy Church, the Black Mage Tower, and the White Mage Tower, and Humanoids.

 

Seretini, the owner of the White Mage Tower, had willingly planned to start a war in order to monopolize the U.C Convenience Store.

"No, of course not," Seretiny replied quickly, her tone lightening. "It was merely a joke.”

Of course, it was just a thought.

If she were to start a war over something like that, she would be disqualified as the owner of the Tower. 

But in reality, if she had the option, it would have been well worth it. 

However, the real problem was that the Black Mage Tower would not just sit by and do nothing.

If those demon-like creatures discovered the U.C Convenience Store while we captured it, a war would start and they would most likely team up with the Holy Church and cause chaos.

Although the White Mage Tower was armed with weapons, it was impossible to confront both factions at once.

“So, what are you planning to do?”

“Indeed, it is quite a nuisance that it is in the Holy Church. Thus, I will try to infiltrate alone.”

“Are you sure it’s safe to go alone? It would be better to officially request a visit this time…”

“If I did that, there is a possibility that those Holy Church bastards intentionally hide the location of the U.C Convenience Store. They have always been very cunning in their maneuvers for the past 200 years.”

In the Holy Church, where there are many ordinary humans, the existence of U.C Convenience Store has largely been forgotten. However, Seretini, who has converted into an angel, lived for a long time, was aware of this.

“Still, wouldn’t it be dangerous to go alone? If the Holy Church catches wind of it…”

"Infiltration by its very nature requires discretion and finesse. A group would only increase the risk of exposure. But fret not; I've honed my skills well. Even in my apprentice days, I managed to deceive the surveillance of the Tower's former owner," Seretini reassured her companion, her confidence unwavering.

 

“Ah…”

Before the Black Tower could notice the existence of the U.C Convenience Store, she decided to make contact as soon as possible.

She learned that by building a good relationship with the employee there, she aimed to gain invaluable insights from other universes while addressing the White Mage Tower's needs.

“Just trust me. Even if I am an angel, I have reached a state where I can blend with the ordinary. I will make sure not to reveal my identity as a White Mage to anyone and return safely

“Okay, I understand.”

And if by any chance that employee would be assassinated like before, Sereniti would make sure to protect him.

“What do you think? It doesn’t look suspicious at all, right? It’s something I prepared for infiltration. With this, I can even hide my wings.,” Seretini’s head peeked out, wearing a dark robe, revealing only her face.

Her golden eyes subtly shimmered.

“Yes, it doesn’t look suspicious at all.”

The servant sighed and waved his hand at her, wishing her well.

“As long as I don’t get exposed as the Archmage, everything will be fine.”

Seretini’s face, which was briefly revealed, seemed to be brimming with confidence.

It seemed that she was quite excited to hear the news that the U.C Convenience Store had reappeared after a long time.

“Well then, I’m off. If you need anything, just let me know.”

But why? It seemed like Seretini was forgetting something very important.

“…Could it be that she forgot?.”

Above her head, there was a lightbulb that clearly showed that she was an Archmage.

Although she hid her wings, which were exclusive to herself among the Archmages, she seemed to be unaware of the most fundamental problem.

**********************

The morning at the convenience store unfolded with relative calmness, a stark contrast to the bustling lunchtime hours. 

In Universe-1221, the absence of morning commuters or workers suggested either a distinct cultural norm or simply a slower start to the day.

Yesterday's lunch rush had been ruined by the presence of two mischievous creatures, disrupting what could have been a peaceful day. 

Now, with the morning tranquility, Kim Hyun-Woo found a moment to engage in leisurely perusal of Tree Wiki.

[Archmage (Universe-1221)]

[Characteristics: Archmages who have reached a certain level develop a form called ‘halo’ that changes depending on their emotions or mental state. Halos emit bright light when they sleep, causing Archmages to suffer from chronic insomnia.]

“You’re bound to develop insomnia when you walk around with a lightbulb on your head…”

I spent my peaceful time looking at the trivia on Tree Wiki.

Ding-dong-

“Welcome.”

When the sound rings, customers come one by one.

It’s secretly fun to watch the customers like this.

There are many with unique appearances.

Apart from the creepy little beasts that walk on two legs like werewolves, there are quite a number of customers with appearances that would fit right into a fantasy manga.

“Ah, hello.”

The customer who entered the convenience store greeted me.

Let’s see, who could this customer be?.

Covering themselves with a suspicious-looking cloth from head to toe, with a halo reminiscent of light bulbs floating above their head, they seemed like an angular fish.

Furthermore, they had a gun strapped to their back…

Yeah, I made up my mind.

-Kim Hyun-woo-

[What should I do about this crazy mage who came to the convenience store with a gun?]

-Store Manager-

[Do as you please. I won’t interfere.]

Just in case, before it becomes like yesterday, let’s quickly press the red button and report it to the police.

After all, humans are learning creatures.

Although they haven't done anything to me yet, it would be too late to report it when an incident has already occurred.

“Excuse me, I’m looking for something. Could you help me?.”

“Yes, of course, I can help you.”

From the moment they entered the convenience store carrying a gun, the tense situation heightened.

No, seriously, how is it that this damn convenience store never has a day when only normal customers come?.

Is it really that difficult to expect a customer who just buys things normally?.

“If there are similar items like this, please find them for me.”

As I was about to press the red button, the customer pointed the gun at me.

Instinctively, I raised both hands above my head.

I tried to press it secretly so as not to get caught, but unfortunately, it seems like I’ve already been caught.

“Hm? Why are you raising both hands?.”

Damn it, are you asking that right now?.

Why the hell are you coming to the convenience store with a gun?

Do you think the convenience store has become some kind of ‘W’ Mart in the United States?

“Excuse me, but could you please spare me?.”

“What are you talking about?. Your life is not being threatened, right?.”

Ah, I don’t understand anything, I just want to go home.


Seretini, Angel and Head of the White Mage Tower:

IMG_2795.png?ex=6615fa0a&is=6603850a&hm=accffb4e55540840dff25c2734d25103617aecba8705001636decd20e5f0d967&

5