Chapter Four, Part One
401 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello All! This story and all my other fanfictions are available for free on my Patreon, alongside my other web-novels. It will have a very loose upload schedule, as I am focusing my efforts on seven chapters of Krypton Reborn: A Star Wars Story per week. If this web novel gains enough support in my monthly Patreon polls, it may move to the top spot in the priority list! Thanks to all the readers out there! All constructive criticism and comments are welcome!

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu


 

“I really should go for the seventh dragonball…” Hal sighed as he bathed in the concentrated light of the sun. He’d dumped his collected passengers on Roshi and blasted away before the old man could complain. “It’s too bad that snake way and King Kai’s planet don’t have a visible sun.”

 

This might be his last dose of solar radiation for a while, if he was able to visit the strange little deity. He wanted to learn the kaio-ken. Its drawback of straining the body would likely be far less trouble for his Kryptonian biology. The power multiplication would also help bridge the gap when it came to his lack of transformations.

 

“The faster I can begin hunting powerhouses, the faster I can build up enough Soul Points for high level draws,” Hal drifted free of the star’s warm glow, aimed for the location of the final wish orb on his list. Pilaf’s castle grew from a dot to an overbuilt monstrosity as he dove down from above. “It looks like the little emperor has it in his throne room… it’s best to leave these three alive, they’re not really all that bad in the end.”

 

Pilaf was currently engaged in a monologue about his plans for world domination, while Mia and his Ninja dog nodded in agreement. The dragonball sat on a small dais beside the gremlin’s throne, ready for Hal to snatch it up.

 

“I think I’ll give them a bit of a scare, or they might never reform in this timeline,” a smile twitched at the edges of Hal’s lips as he drifted slowly forward. A light kick collapsed a section of roof, large enough for him to enter the castle. “PILAF!!! Get your creepy ass over here and hand over that dragonball!”

 

Hal’s voice shook the walls of the castle, a thunderous volume that shattered windows and eardrums alike. Pilaf and his goon squad fell to their knees, hands pressed tight to the sides of their heads. The tiny emperor stared, wide eyed in terror as Hal floated down from above.

 

“You dream of world domination, but you don’t understand the futility of your wish,” Hal extended his hand and captured the dragonball with his biofield. It flew from its dais and into his hand, the final piece he needed. “Even the dragonballs cannot do everything… there are powers beyond mortal understanding in this world, beings that can wipe away the Earth with less than a glance.”

 

Hal hovered above the horrified trio, face set in a false mask of wrath. He let heat fill his vision, clean lines of radiant energy that swept away the upper sections of the castle. Only the pyramidal base remained, covered in molten slag. Once the dust settled, he rose up and framed himself against the heavens.

 

“Turn over a new leaf and make amends for your past,” Hal shifted his gaze from the eyes of each of the shellshocked group. “Or one day I shall return to bring a full accounting down on your head.”

 

A hurricane of wind and Pilaf’s broken castle was left far behind. He would stop by Bulma’s and see if any of the Briefs wanted to see his call down Shenron, then it would finally be time to make his wish.

 


 

 

“You want us to come see you summon a dragon?” Tights narrowed her eyes at Hal and shook her head. “Do you really expect us to believe that legend Bulma’s been obsessed with is true?”

 

“Come and see for yourself,” Hal shrugged and turned to Bulma and Dr. Brief. “I’d be interested in your thoughts on the science behind the dragonballs, plus you’ll get to meet some of the most powerful beings on Earth.”

 

“Well, I’m going,” Bulma stuck her tongue out at her sister, before she turned curious eyes toward Hal. “I can’t wait to see how these things work!”

 

“I’ll let Bulma take the lead on this one,” Dr. Brief shook his head and declined Hal’s invitation. “I’m too wrapped up in the data you gave me the last time we met, that A.I. is quite the impressive creation!”

 

“Jor-EL is certainly advanced,” Hal smiled at the single minded doctor. He would likely remain hermitted away until he unravels all the secrets that existed within the small amount of Kryptonian data he’d received. “Just make sure you stay focused on getting my ship ready to go!”

 

“Of course! Jor-EL and I have already finished her frame,” Dr. Brief pushed his glasses higher up on his nose and rummaged through his pockets. He fished a Kryptonian holo-projector from their depths and deployed a detailed schematic. “We’ve got most of the technical details ironed out, but that FLT drive will have to be transferred directly from your smaller vessel… Earth is lacking the needed materials to construct another one from scratch, but I’m working on synthesising equivalent materials for the future.”

 

“It should be fine, that drive is an intergalactic model,” Hal scanned the schematic and smiled. This ship would be everything he needed, a mobile home that could reach the far corners of the universe. “I’ll have your daughter back before midnight, don’t forget to take breaks for food and rest!”

 

“Hmmhmm…” Dr. Brief waved away Hal’s words, lost in the study of his own blueprints. “Have fun you two…”

 

Hal rolled his eyes and extended a hand to Bulma. She tilted her head to the side and held up a capsule.

 

“We can use my plane, unless you want to use the one Dad gave…” Bluma gulped as Hal scooped her into a princess carry, cheeks blushed red. “What are you doing!!!”

 

“This will be faster than a plane, plus it’s more fun for me,” Hal gave her an evil grin as he rose into the air, already hundreds of feet above the ground. “Just hold on tight, we’ll be there in no time!

 


 

“That is one massive tower…” Bulma leaned forward in Hal's arms, protected from the wind by his biofield. “Is that where we’re going?”

 

“Our destination is up above,” Hal increased their altitude, until the Lookout emerged between the clouds. He closed in on the airborne structure, where his six dragonballs waited for the seventh. ”The Lookout, home of the Guardian of the Earth and training ground for the greatest warriors in this planet's history.”

 

“How does it stay in the air like that?” Bulma struggled in his grasp in her attempts to get a look at the Lookout’s underside. “Some kind of anti-grav generator?”

 

“Some kind of magic, I think,” Hal shook his head at the inquisitive teen as he flew up and over the floating structures edge. He deposited Bulma on the smooth tile, hand on her shoulder until she had her feet under her. “You’re welcome to ask Mr. Popo, he’s probably the only one alive who remembers this place being built.”

 

“You have returned!” Kami trundled from with the Lookout, a smile on his face and he carried Hal’s pouch. “I have watched over the dragonballs in your absence, and young Launch has decided to stay!”

 

“That’s good, I hope you can solve her problem,” Hal accepted his pouch and set the seven balls onto the marble tiles at his feet. He glanced around and within the Lookout, but found no sign of Goku or Launch. “Is my brother still inside the time chamber?”

 

“He and Launch decided to enter together for a year, that young man is determined to overtake you!” Kami laughed. “His influence is good for Launch, his pure spirit can help sooth the chaos within her.”

 

Hal nodded and stepped back from the seven balls. Goku would have plenty of opportunities to see Shenron in the future, it was time to make his wish. He motioned for Bulma to stand behind him and spoke the iconic words.

 

“Rise Shenron and grant my wish!”

 

***Power Levels and other notes***

 

Hal: 2276 (7324 after the biofield/ki fusion)

Pilaf: 40

Shu: 20

Mai: 20

24