Chapter Five, Part Two
372 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello All! This story and all my other fanfictions are available for free on my Patreon, alongside my other web-novels. It will have a very loose upload schedule, as I am focusing my efforts on seven chapters of Krypton Reborn: A Star Wars Story per week. If this web novel gains enough support in my monthly Patreon polls, it may move to the top spot in the priority list! Thanks to all the readers out there! All constructive criticism and comments are welcome!

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu


“You want to see my limits?” Hal smiled at the battle ready Namekian and shifted into a combat stance of his own. “Well so do I!”

 

He skipped the slow increase and activated his current record. Ten-times kio-ken, held steady under his skin. Red light glimmered in rhythmic waves, bones cored by luminous fire. This was the furthest he’d gone, but it barely strained his body. The ki infused biofield that held his cells in place was empowered by the technique, a balance that regulated its negative effects.

 

“Impossible…” Nail drifted back, face twisted as Hal’s ki leaked past his body and into the air. “How could your energy be this high… I couldn’t even sense your power until a moment ago.”

 

Hal remained silent, focused on the control of his ki. The aura of red-yellow flame around him pressed higher, wild and untamed. He pushed his kio-ken further. Five-times more, ten-times, until his total pushed past twenty-times and the sky was dyed with the colours of sunset.

 

“I’m still far short of true power,” Hal released a sigh, at his limit for now. Any more and his ki would bully its way from his control, a danger to himself and the world around him. “The enemy that your Grand Elder has foreseen is more than a hundred times stronger than this, without ever having trained a day.”

 

“Such power truly exists?” Nail lowered his hands and shook his head. He gave Hal a small smile and waved toward the Elder’s home. “Perhaps you WILL be a value to Namek, after all.”

 

“Don’t forget your promise,” Hal laughed as he released his technique and followed the Namekian back toward the Elder’s solitary house. The sky returned to its natural green, as if his untamed ki had never been. “This counts as my win, which means you owe me seven dragonballs!”

 


 

 

“How long do you plan to stay here, Kryptonian?” Nail sighed as he stepped from the Elder’s doorway to find Hal in the same spot he’d occupied for over a month. “We gathered the dragonballs long ago… why not make your wishes and carry on your way?”

 

Hal ignored the Namekian with a smile and continued his mental training. Once per day, he and Nail would fight at base strength, an effort that benefited them both. The rest of his time he sat under Namek’s nightless sky and soaked in the sun, his three-minute-sight activated as he better mastered his ki control.

 

“HAL!!! We have big trouble!” A panicked King Kai hollered into his mind, a telepathic scratch that caused Hal to wince. “A planet in the northern quadrant has been drained of almost all life and a dark presence can be felt there… it gives the same twisted sense of the divine that can be found in Hell.”

 

“Which planet?” Hal rose to his feet, heart awash in a mixture of excitement and worry. A dead planet and a divine signature… it tickled at his memory, another plot from the movies of his past. “I can make my way with Namek’s dragonballs, so long as I have a location.”

 

“Planet Gaspa, but be careful…” King Kai’s voice held an edge of tension. “The dark divine energy is blocking my vision, but it seems there are many powerful warriors hidden within it.”

 

“Understood,” Hal nodded to the air and turned to the dragonballs beside him. Oversized but powerful, Namek’s wish orbs had sat unused as he pondered what wishes he needed first. “Takkara-Puto Popporunga Pupiritto-Paro”

 

The Namekian language was easy enough to learn, especially with his Kryptonian brain. His words summoned dark clouds and a brilliant light, the herald to the bulky, manish dragon that took shape in the sky. Porunga gazed at Hal with luminous red eyes and spoke in his native tongue.

 

“You have collected all seven dragonballs and now as it is written, think wisely and I will grant you three wishes within my power…”

 

“For my first wish, I would like a constant, real time knowledge of all the stellar objects within your ability to locate,” Hal spent much of the last month in thought over the use of his wishes, but this one had always been at the top. It would let him travel freely, both with his starship and when he could teleport in the future.

 

“A difficult wish…” Porunga grumbled, his massive eyes narrowed as he squinted down at Hal. “I can grant it, but very few locations outside of universe seven are within my sight… only the worlds that are connected to the Dragon God can be seen beyond its boundary.”

 

“That’s perfect,” Hal smiled up at the dragon and shrugged, he hadn’t expected miracles. The fact that planets with dragonballs, and maybe even the Super Dragonballs, would be included was enough.

 

“Your wish is granted…” Porunga’s eyes flashed and a vast amount of data poured into Hal’s brain. It reminded him of when he’d first developed his super hearing, a barrage of information without end. “Speak your second wish!”

 

“My second wish…” Hal breathed in through his nose, focused on the sensations of his body, the ki under his skin. The starmap sorted itself into the back of his mind, held in place by a will forged of long hours of practice. “For my second wish, I’d like you to upgrade this ring to include as many planets as possible.”

 

This wish was less relevant to him personally, but eventually this ring would be gifted to another. Kami could use it to send the Earth’s chosen to train amongst the stars. If he upgraded it through multiple wishes, it would become a valuable relic in its own right.

 

“This wish is also worded in a difficult manner,” Porunga sighed and shook his head. “I can add four more worlds to the ring, but none beyond Universe seven.”

 

Hal paused, lost in his three minute sight as he poured over the colossal starmap within his mind. He only had basic info on the worlds, star type, climate, gravity level, location, and name. It was enough for him to create a list and narrow it down, habitable worlds with blue-white suns.

 

One stood out from the rest, an oversized planet around an o-class star. It had a tropical climate, located at the inner edge of the goldilocks zone of its parent sun. With a hundred times Earth’s gravity, it would be a useful training ground if nothing else.

 

“The first should be the planet called Namchino, just at the edge of the northern and eastern quadrants,” Hal tapped his chin, a glint in his eye. “Could you make two of the other locations, Yardrat and the Sacred World of the Kai’s?”

 

“I can… so long as the world is within universe seven, It can be selected,” Porunga grumbled. “Now choose the final planet you wish to connect to the ring.”

 

“How about Lord Beerus’ world?” Hal smiled at the idea of appearing in front of a startled Whis. He would need to be sure to have delicious food on hand, or risk death at the hand of an aggravated God of Destruction. “It should be within universe seven, right?”

 

“...Lord Beerus?” Porunga gulped, a shiver that carried from head to tail. “It can be done, but why would you ever want to go there?”

 

Hal shrugged and the Dragon sighed. A flash of his eyes and the ring on his finger warmed, highlighted by a golden glow. Porunga shook himself and waved a massive hand.

 

“Your wish is granted, now speak your final wish…”

 

“My third wish is to be teleported to an unobserved location on planet Gaspa,” Hal rolled his shoulders and made certain his ki was well contained. If he was right about what was happening, he may want to keep undercover before he took action. “Well away from any prying eyes but close to the disturbance mentioned by King Kai.”

 

“This wish is easy,” Porunga sagged, as if relieved his limits weren’t tested for a third time. A flash of red behind the dragon’s eyes and Hal’s body became light as a feather. “Your wish is granted…”

 

***Power Levels and other notes***

 

Hal: 90,000 ( Max kio-ken: 30x)

25