Chapter Six, Part One
363 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello All! This story and all my other fanfictions are available for free on my Patreon, alongside my other web-novels. It will have a very loose upload schedule, as I am focusing my efforts on seven chapters of Krypton Reborn: A Star Wars Story per week. If this web novel gains enough support in my monthly Patreon polls, it may move to the top spot in the priority list! Thanks to all the readers out there! All constructive criticism and comments are welcome!

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu


 

[Congratulations on your Mythril draw: SCP-914…Congratulations on your Mythril draw: Blood Refining Cauldron… Soul Points remaining: Eighty-eight-thousand. Time Points remaining: Thirty-five. Would you like to make a lottery draw?]

 

Hal ignored his system's question and viewed his rewards. Their descriptions raised his eyebrows. Both lacked clear definitions of their effects, but he recognized one of them from his past life. It alone would have an impact on his plans for the future.

 

[SCP-914: A large clockwork device weighing several tons and covering an area of eighteen square metres. Incredibly complex, it contains over eight million moving parts.Two large booths connect via copper tubes to the core of the machine, labelled ‘Intake’ and ‘Output. A copper panel sits in the centre, with a large dial in its middle. The words Rough, Coarse, 1:1, Fine, and Very Fine are positioned at marked areas around the dial. Warning: This item can have uncontrollable effects when used on Very Fine!]

 

“I can’t believe the system can create SCPs…” Hal shook his head. SCP-914 was an extremely powerful refinement and disassembly tool, capable of enhancing, combining, and deconstructing essentially everything that could fit inside  it. “I hope this other item is just as good…”

 

[Cauldron of Ten-Thousand Massacres: A magical artefact of an insane Elder God. Its size varies depending on the circumstance. Wrought of cast iron, its surface is covered in primitive etchings of various beasts. The creatures are splayed open, bodies emptied into a river that winds between the figures. It is bound to its owner with a drop of blood. Warning, bloodlines refined within this artefact can only be raised two tiers above Mythril.]

 

“Bloodline refinement…” Hal raised an eyebrow. His own Kryptonian bloodline was rated as Platinum, so this cauldron could potentially raise it by a tier. “Let’s check this one out first.”

 

SCP-914 would be left unsummoned for now. Its size ment it would be annoying to move, and he was reluctant to stuff the strange machine inside a capsule. A ripple of silver gold light shimmered before him as the Cauldron took shape from the void.

 

It was large enough to bathe in and filled with crystal clear fluid. The silver-black artefact floated before him on its own power, gently shifted by the wind. Hal raised his thumb to his mouth and bit down, a supreme effort that managed to draw a small amount of blood before his skin healed over.

 

Hand extended, he flicked his wrist and sent forth several drops. The hungry metal drank up the crimson fluid without a trace, and a connection snapped into place within his mind. A rush of knowledge packed itself side by side with his memories, while a subservient mental force hovered at the edge of perception. 

 

“This thing might be more useful than SCP-914…” Hal blinked as he sorted through the gifted knowledge. It covered the three functions of the artefact, as well as instructions for optimal use. “Not only can it refine my current bloodline, but it can turn the bloodlines of others into edible pills.”

 

Hal waved his free hand and the cauldron shrunk down and settled into his palm. A smile touched his lips as he tossed it back into the air and expanded it back to its previous size. He glanced at Turles, who was still held in place in his grasp.

 

“Sorry, friend, but it looks like you're worth more to me dead, than alive,” Hal constricted his fingers and crushed the Saiyan’s neck. The body arced into the liquid without a splash, followed by the other two dead Saiyans. “The three of you together are just enough to make a bloodline pill, and you’re also some of the most disposable Saiyans in the universe.”

 

A system notice chimed out, a prompt that informed him he had enough to make a third Mythril draw. Hal hesitated, then shrugged. He would make a final Mythril draw, as well as a Gold. After this, he would be saving for the next tier up. One-million soul points for a Platnum draw.

 

“Now I just need to insert my ki and the cauldron should do the rest…” 

 

Hal placed a hand on the rough iron surface and the metal glowed with ominous crimson light. The liquid within turned to a froth of blood, bound in a spiral that defied physics. Macabre currents twisted in the shape of runes, complex formations that linked into an intricate mosaic.

 

It would take between two and ten hours to complete the refinement process, more than enough time to make his final draws. Hal activated his system and two more lottery prizes dropped into his inventory.

 

[Congratulations on your Mithril draw: Unbound Anti-Venom symbiote. This symbiote lifeform is in an inactive, semi-lifess state. It will bind to the first sentient being that contacts it and form an unshakable bond of loyalty. Warning, use of this symbiote can have side effects on weaker willed hosts.]

 

[Congratulations on your Gold draw: Bioboosted Guyver unit. This biomechanical armour fuses with its wearer on a genetic level and magnifies their abilities. Warning, if its central processor is damaged, the wearer may experience severe physical and mental backlash.]

 

“Two items that are pretty similar…” Hal shook his head. The last two prizes had shared common traits as well… perhaps simultaneous draws had that effect? “Regardless, Anti-Venom is an amazing get and a Guyver unit has potential as well!”

 

As soon as his bloodline pill was formed, he would leave this world and find a good place to test out the rest of his prizes. With the potential of SCP-914, he would be able to improve upon these and all future prizes, a hack that raised the value of his draws without the need for soul points.

 

“I should also further investigate the Tree of Might, its seeds might prove valuable in the future…”

 


 

 

“Sir, we’ve received a report…” Deep in the bowls of their massive spaceship, one of his more promising lieutenants took a knee before his throne. The man’s body trembled with excitement, so he likely had good news. “We have found traces of the Tree… a planet less than a day from our position has experienced a massive decrease in lifesigns, and stellar cartography captured this…”

 

His lieutenant waved a hand and the image of a desert planet appeared between them. The surface  was devoid of landmarks, except for the vast shadow of a tree. Framed by the system’s star, it strangled the life from the planet with tangled roots.

 

“Signal the bridge,” excitement coursed through his old bones, a flicker of hope that he’d almost lost. He’d hunted the universe, in search of anything that could extend his life, but he’d faced more failure than success. “Set a course, maximum speed!”

 

“Yes, Lord Slug!”

 


 

 

“Finished!” Hal sighed and halted the flow of ki to the bottomless cauldron. It had sucked up far more than expected, and taken the full ten hours, but the pill was fully formed. “It doesn’t look very appetising…”

 

A luminous crimson orb floated just above the surface of the now clear liquid of the cauldron. It pulsed with red-black light, filled with flickered images of an enraged ape. Hal scooped up the marble size pill and tucked it into his belt.

 

“I’ll save you for later,” the ground retreated as he floated to the skies, eyes focused on the vast Tree above. The few unpicked fruits had shrivelled away, except for three pods at its crown. “I’m guessing those yellow fruits contain my seeds…”

 

A ripple of tainted, ancient ki called his attention to space. It drew closer with every breath, a pressure that did its best to force the air from his lungs. Hal took a glance into his future that widened his eyes.

 

“Slug… he’s just under three minutes away and closing,” Hal blitzed for the seed pods and clipped them free. He expanded a container and tossed them inside, before the capsule shrank back down and he socketted it onto his belt. “His power might be beyond me, but it should be close…”

 

***Power Levels and other notes***

 

Hal: 980,000 ( Max kio-ken: 30x)

Old Slug: 1,300,000 (49,500,000 in Super Namekian form)

21