Chapter Ten, Part Three
311 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello All! This story and all my other fanfictions are available for free on my Patreon, alongside my other web-novels. It will have a very loose upload schedule, as I am focusing my efforts on seven chapters of Krypton Reborn: A Star Wars Story per week. If this web novel gains enough support in my monthly Patreon polls, it may move to the top spot in the priority list! Thanks to all the readers out there! All constructive criticism and comments are welcome!

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu


 

“Who are you?” The Supreme Kai tilted his head at the wrinkled crone of a Kai that stood behind him. “You said you were imprisoned inside the z-sword?”

 

“WHO AM I?” Old Kai delivered a chop to the astonished Supreme Kai’s forehead. “I am your revered ancestor, the Supreme Kai of another age! This generation… they really aren’t teaching you anything at all!”

 

“You’ve got that right,” Hal snorted. The current Supreme Kai knew next to nothing about his own universe, let alone the realms beyond. “These two don’t even know who Beerus the Destroyer is… most of the wisdom of the gods was lost when you were sealed away.”

 

“You’re quite the knowledgeable one…” Old Kai narrowed his eyes and walked a circle around Hal. “A Saiyan hybrid, mixed with something I don’t recognise… what was your purpose in freeing me?”

 

“Can’t I just be a good samaritan?” Hal rubbed the back of his head, a bit sheepish. “Though if you’re offering a reward, maybe you can use your ability to unlock my potential?”

 

The wrinkled Kai raised his eyebrows and gave Hal a penetrating gaze. A moment of silence passed, before the Kai shook his head. He took a seat on the ground and motioned for Hal to sit before him.

 

“My ability isn’t something to be used at a whim,” Old Kai gave Hal a shrewd glance. “With the power you have now, you could stand at the top of our universe… I don’t understand why you need to push further.”

 

Hal looked up at the heavens, the planets that dotted the skies of the Sacred World of the Kai’s. He wanted to stand above everyone. Beerus, Whis, the High Priest… all of them. He would rise beyond the gods, beyond Zeno himself.

 

“Frieza has escaped me, and if he invests even a few months time in his training he will be thousands of times my match,” Hal shook his head and put out an exaggerated sigh. “You can think of me as a seer… I see the near future pretty well, but major events can shine through from afar.”

 

Future-sight was the best excuse for his knowledge, and it could be backed up by his actual foresight ability. It was close enough to the truth. Hal tapped the ground between him and the Kai.

 

“Great danger approaches… not just from Frieza, but from powers that make even the Destroyer seem small,” The tournament of power was some time away, but it had to be initiated and won. That, or he needed to stand above Zeno and prevent the childish God from destroying his universe. “Universe seven needs to be ready, so much so that I’ll also bring others to unlock their potential as well.”

 

Old Kai fell silent, as did the others. As deities they were relatively keen in their judgments of character. Hal’s words WERE true, and he trusted the Kai’s to see it. With the Ultimate form under his belt, he would be safe from all but Golden Frieza, the Destroyers, and the Angelic court above.

 

“Your words ring true, but there’s a problem,” Old Kai sighed, his eyes focused on Hal’s chest. “The potential inside you is boundless… even my power can only awaken and magnify so much, and the ritual would take quite a long time.”

 

“How long?” Hal tilted his head. From his memory, it normally took a day, with Gohan taking a bit longer. “As long as I’m free for the otherworld tournament, I’m willing to stay for as much time as it takes.”

 

“All right, but don’t say I didn’t warn you!” Old Kai snorted as he sprang to his feet. Hand raised toward Hal, he screeched with all his might. “WAKE UP, SLEEPING POWER WAKE UP!”

 

Hal sighed and focused inward, the sounds of the world ignored as the Kai continued his ridiculous ritual. It was powerful, but also a bit… bizarre. He locked his perceptions onto his ki, the memories of his battles with Note and Beat on replay in his mind's eye.

 

Beat’s Super Saiyan energy in particular was of interest. Hal used his three-minute-sight to practise the movement of his ki, mirrored as best he could to the Time Patroller’s. His path to power would incorporate everything he could, no avenue left unexplored.

 

Time passed like a dream, his thoughts lost in his studies while he ignored the outside world. He came back to himself with some reluctance, heated words the catalyst to break his concentration.

 

“It has been over a month, Elder Kai… this is getting ridiculous!” Kibito stood next to the old Kai, who was seated across from Hal with a cup of tea in hand. “How can your ritual take so long?”

 

“It is because of the depths of his potential,” Old Kai shrugged as he sipped at his tea. “It takes as long as it takes, I can’t change a thing about it!”

 

Hal glanced around in surprise. A month was significantly longer than Gohan. It was probably due to his hybridised bloodline. A combination of Saiyan and Kryptonian was superior to a half-human.

 

“Wake me up when it’s finished, will you?” Hal suppressed a smile as the wrinkled Kai jumped. “My mind needs a bit of a rest.”

 

Hal slipped into a true meditation and ignored the Kai’s next words. He would need to figure out a way to counter Golden Frieza, and soon. The Super Saiyan God ritual required six ‘pure hearted’ Super Saiyans. Right now he may be able to transform, and Goku’s power was high enough to meet the needed standard.

 

“Vegeta and the others are far from pure hearted at this point,” Hal gave a mental sigh and reigned in his focus. Vegeta had a brother, and Broly existed as well. “Two more…I wonder if I can convince Note and Beat to lend a hand?”

 


 

 

“So this is planet Namek…” Goku pressed his face to the glass of their capsule corp vessel, excitement in his eyes. “Brother told Kami that the Elder here can unlock our potential!”

 

“This ship sure is fast,” Launch shook her head. They’d been ready to make the journey in Kami’s old vessel, when Bulma had landed on the Lookout. “I wonder if Bulma will ever forgive Hal for ditching her and her Father on another planet?”

 

“She made it home alright,” Goku shrugged as he tightened the belt on his gi. “Why would she be upset?”

 

“He dropped her off at his house and vanished for more than a month…” Launch resisted the urge to bonk her Saiyan companion on the back of his head. “That's just bad behaviour!”

 

“I’m sure he’s just training,” Goku waved off her words as their ship landed in front of a stern-faced Namekian. “Now come on, I want to awaken my potential and see if I can beat the blond you!”

 

Launch rolled her eyes and followed the Saiyan down the ramp. She would awaken her own potential as well, but she had to admit that Goku had far more talent than she did when it came to combat. It was possible that he would gain far more than she did from the Elder’s ability.

 

“Halt!” The Namekian that guarded the Grand Elder’s home held up his hand, eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Who are you and why have you come to our world?”

 


 

 

“Vegeta, come back inside…” Nappa wafted the smell of their supper into the gravity chamber, where Vegeta stood with a reddened face. “You need rest and your power is already so much higher…”

 

“It’s not ENOUGH!” Ki rippled from the Saiyan Prince's body, powerful enough that the strangely durable crystal under their feet vibrated. “That royal imposter who imprisoned us here is far stronger and I won’t rest until I’ve overtaken him!”

 

Nappa sighed and retreated from the door. The Prince would train until he collapsed and the safeties shut down the gravity field. Until then, neither he or Raditiz could step inside, unless they wanted to be crushed flat.

 

“This place really isn’t so bad,” Raditz raised his own bowl of noodles and broth in a salute as Nappa took his seat. “The food is better than any we’ve ever had and we can eat as much as we want.”

 

“Don’t let Vegeta hear you say that,” Nappa laughed as he dug into his own meal. Raditz was right, this lifestyle beat running errands for the Frieza Force any day. “If he does, he’ll probably take your head.”

 

Raditz shrugged and ate in silence. The younger warrior had blossomed under the gravity training, a surprise that rubbed Nappa the wrong way. Their power was now almost equal, a far cry from a month ago when the whelp couldn’t stand in his shadow.

 

“Just don’t get too cocky, or you’ll be in an early grave…”

 

***Power Levels and other notes***

 

Hal: 13,500,000 (135 million with symbiote armour enhancement, 270 million with symbiote transformation, 13.5 billion/27 billion at Max kio-ken: 100x)

Vegeta: 180,000

Nappa: 25,000

Raditz: 22,000

19