Chapter Eleven, Part Two
309 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello All! This story and all my other fanfictions are available for free on my Patreon, alongside my other web-novels. It will have a very loose upload schedule, as I am focusing my efforts on seven chapters of Krypton Reborn: A Star Wars Story per week. If this web novel gains enough support in my monthly Patreon polls, it may move to the top spot in the priority list! Thanks to all the readers out there! All constructive criticism and comments are welcome!

 

https://discord.gg/zcSZ98j6Jb

 

https://www.patreon.com/maizeblu


 

“How much longer until it’s in view?” Goku squinted at the sky, toward where the silver planet was supposed to be. “I can’t sense any energy from outside the Earth… is Bulma sure that Hal said this thing is dangerous?”

 

“Bulma wouldn’t make a mistake like that,” Launch shook her head, face serious as she scanned the heavens. “She’s begun evacuating the population to Namek, there’s no way she’d do such a thing without a good reason.”

 

“Launch is correct, young Goku,” Kami walked from within the Lookout’s interior, brow furrowed in distress. He held a handful of red fruit with two crystal blue mixed among them. “The pendulum room has fallen silent, this threat may be one that we cannot overcome… I’ve sent Mr. Popo to retrieve the newest challengers to Korin’s tower, but I’m not sure it will be enough.”

 

As if summoned by his name, Popo appeared on his flying carpet, surrounded by a cluster of martial artists. Two were dressed in Kame House gi, while a squat pigman and a flying cat dressed less martially.

 

“I have gathered the aspirants, but some are more worthy than others,” Popo glanced at the pigman, before his eyes returned to Kami’s face. “It may be wise to pull some of the older generation forward as well…”

 

Kami nodded at Popo and his carpet vanished from under the passengers. They hung, suspended for a moment in the air with dismayed expressions, before they tumbled to the Lookout floor.

 

“What kind of treatment is that!” The pigman rubbed at his bruised rear, the only one of the four to actually hit the ground without catching himself. “I thought we were supposed to be the heroes of Earth…”

 

“Quiet, Oolong!” The floating cat swatted the pigman on the back of the head and bowed to Kami. “Apologies for our friend, revered Kami… he has no manners at all.”

 

“It’s quite alright, young Puar,” Kami smiled as he motioned the group forward. He shifted his gaze from person to person, as if his eyes could pierce into their souls and divine their secrets. “I think that each of you is worthy of one of these red fruits, treasure it and the increase in strength it can bring you!”

 

“Are you sure there aren't any extra…” Goku eyed the crystal fruit, drool at the corners of his mouth. “That fruit was the best thing I’ve ever tasted!”

 

“I’m afraid you’ll have to ask your brother if you want more,” Kami gave Goku a weary smile and shook his head. “These two are for our next guests…”

 

A pop of displaced air and Mr.Popo returned. His carpet was overstuffed, not with numbers but by a single, oversized man. His bulk overshadowed the other four passengers, each limb as wide as a mighty oak.

 

“I have returned, Kami,” Popo waved his hand and dispelled his flying carpet, an action that spilled the massive occupant to the ground with a mighty crash. “These three are the strongest, pure hearted warriors I could find among the Masters of Earth.”

 

“Greetings, Kami, Master Roshi, Ox-King,” Grandpa Gohan gave a bow to the Guardian of Earth, his teacher, and his fellow disciple.. “Mr. Popo has told us the situation… are you certain you want to waste resources on old men like us?”

 

“I agree, such treasures should be used on the young,” Ox-King pushed forward a young girl in a rather bizarre battle gi. “My daughter Chi-Chi is far more deserving of such a divine fruit!”

 

“I agree that she has great potential,” Kami peered at the young Chi-Chi, a kind smile on his face. “But we require the power that only experience can bring. Roshi and Gohan will receive the crystal fruits, but you and your daughter may consume the red.”

 

The Ox-King accepted the fruits with a nod and passed one to his daughter. She took it in hand and hid in her Father’s shadow, face reddened by the attention. With all the fruits distributed Kami waved to the gathered warriors.

 

“Little time remains, eat and grow accustomed to your new power,” the wrinkled Guardian waved to the Earth below the lookout. “Prepare yourself to battle for your homes and family, for the Earth and all who live upon it!”

 


 

 

“The genetic trace here is months old,” Cooler frowned as he neared the edge of the solar system, mind submerged in the endless data from the sensors. “He’s not here…”

 

Anger rippled through him like a wave as he focused on the third world from the sun. There was a Saiyan life signal, but not the one he’d come here for. It was strong, but not as powerful as his new self. Another signal, stronger than the Saiyan, danced around the planet’s surface.

 

“If I can’t catch you at home, then I’ll play with the locals until you return,” Cooler’s true body shifted, a mild rumble that echoed through the Big Gete Star. The sentient A.I. that was now a part of his mind sent out a command and a single Meta-Drone launched itself from the mechanical world. “Let’s see how much of a fight they can put up before I burn their world to the ground…”

 


 

 

“What’s happening, King Kai?” Hal tapped a nervous rhythm on his knees, emotions mixed about his choice to give Bulma the key. It would let her save far more lives, but without it he was blind to the events as they unfolded. “... is there any way you could narrate as things happen?”

 

A tremendous sigh echoed in Hal’s mind, followed by a mumbled round of complaining. King Kai’s mental connection vanished and the portly Kai appeared a few metres away, an old box T.V. in hand. He gave a bow to the Supreme Kai and gave Hal a side eyed glance.

 

“We can watch on God Tube… now stop complaining, Cooler has begun his attack…”

 


 

 

“Something is coming,” Jor-EL looked to the heavens, lips turned downward in a frown. His body levitated skyward, away from the legion of humanity that hurried to evacuate through Hal’s gateway. “Continue without me, I will help young Goku buy us the time we need.”

 

A burst of speed carried him outside the atmosphere, on course for the strangely familiar energy. In some ways, it reminded him of a Kryptonian, but tainted and unstable. Jor-EL shook his head and focused on the silver-bronze figure that raced towards the Earth.

 

“It shares similar features to the body of the one called Cooler,” Jor-EL squinted closely at the changes to the alien’s body. Bone spurs jutted from every joint and an ominous energy stirred within its chest. “It can’t be…”

 

Golden light filled Jor-EL’s eyes, hands tightened into fists as he raced towards the beast. Its form plucked at an ancient memory, a legend that influenced the direction of Old-Krypton’s development. An ancient terror from the youngest age of Kryptonians. Known only as ‘The Ultimate,’ its power and savagery were beyond imagining.

 

“This creature cannot be allowed to live,” Jor-EL’s biomechanical body drank in the light of the sun and infused him with a rush of power. “Come, abomination, and face the might of Krypton!”

 

***Power Levels and other notes***

 

Hal: 13,500,000 (135 million with symbiote armour enhancement, 270 million with symbiote transformation, 13.5 billion/27 billion at Max kaio-ken: 100x)

Goku: 27,000,000 after potential unlock (270 million at Max kaio-ken: 10x)

Launch: 7,000,000 after potential (21 million after blond transformation, 105 million after Max kaio-ken: 5x)

Yamcha: 55

Krillin: 70

Puar: 35

Oolong: 20

Ox-King: 900 (This is the power of his body/whatever weird giant bloodline makes him so massive)

Chi-Chi: 30

Master Roshi: 139

Grandpa Gohan: 95

17