An SI’s Desire
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah.”

 

“Mori.”

 

Liu Er held a creepy grin on his face resembling a golem more then monkey. It was so uncanny that it did genuinely disturb the Devil Ancestor.

 

“Six eared macaque?” He out of recognition of this figure. However, he never expected this monkey who supposedly was born after his death against Hongjun to appear now. In fact, he never planned to die according to history and never expected to interact with this monkey.

 

Supposedly, he’ll try to listen in on Hongjun’s lecture of the Dao without permission and be punished for it. This lead to him being unable to find tutelage in the cultivation world, cultivating in him only reaching the power level of a powerhouse much later then those from his generation.

 

“Who the hell’s Mori?”

 

“I saw the robbery has handled Mori,” Liu Er said. “The magic race is a pathetic fool who failed at everything.”

 

‘What? Magic what?’ Luohu was terribly confused as to what Liu Er was spewing. But he did feel the aura leaking from the monkey’s body. However, unlike the individuals on the ground, Luohu didn’t experience anything.

 

Unknown to Luohu, this was because Liu Er had no opinions of Luohu from the novels he read.

 

“I do not have time for this,” Luohu spat. Though this interaction was incredibly brief, Luohu knew Da Hai’s presence was right behind him.

 

The sea god had held Yi Fei’es prone form in his grasp. While she was collapsing into Dao essence, Da Hai made several attempts to catch Luohu. But he hadn’t actually moved from his position.

 

“The magic race is weak. The magic race and the Mori are top tier dangerous with Hongjun. The daddy is gone but Hongjun will kill Mori. I must act for benefit,” Liu Er continued to yap while Luohu turned around to fight off Da Hai’s snake head.

 

“HISS!” Da Hai activated numerous spells at Luohu. In turn, the Devil Ancestor bashed against the sea god and pierced Da Hai’s eye with the God Killing Spear. Both of them ignored the monkey’s ramblings.

 

Despite having an eye stabbed out, Da Hai’s tongue lashed out instead. Prepared for it, Luohu grabbed the tongue and used some sort of grey fire to damage Da Hai’s vitality. Both of these Limitless Supreme cultivators danced around each other causing the barrier around the Netherworld to distabalize further.

 

Liu Er seemingly saw the battle, but it was hard to tell with how frozen his expression was. The dragon spine in his hand was like a whip as it swayed throughout the sky. In Liu Er’s eyes, it was a normal cudgel that was constantly glitching.

 

Liu Er’s Dao was working, but Jiang Koilong was once a Primal Zenith Chaos Immortal. Even in death his body cannot be overwritten so easily. Still, Liu Er treated the bone weapon as if it were just a normal cudgel.

 

‘Mori is weak, Mori is a pathetic fool who failed at everything. Mori pathetically lost the fight and his babies stolen. Only Hongjun killed Mori’ Liu Er understood the danger Luohu posed. After all, he had a formation that needed four saints to break.

 

Only Hongjun managed to defeat him when they were both at the Saint to Be realm. Liu Er was smart, he wasn’t dumb enough to get in the Devil Ancestor’s way. But as he saw Da Hai, he recognized him as the other competitor with an even earlier start.

 

But he couldn’t comprehend why Da Hai would be fighting Luohu, was he dumb? Didn’t he know Hongjun was going to kill Luohu? He should be waiting on the back like to him gain benefits, just as others of their kind should do.

 

His mind worked tirelessly alongside his Dao to make up the ‘correct’ conclusion.

 

‘I saw the rival must be antsy for babies,’ he concluded. ‘He must not be like me, he must be poor. My baby is innate, so much better then that Sun Wukongs.’

 

Liu Er thought his next course of action was natural. He jumped down from the battle towards the heart of the Netherworld. There the Reincarnation Disc was working towards fixing what Da Hai inadvertently broke. All six of its paths acted as branches in which quintillions of tiny arms worked from.

 

Liu Er smirked as he approached the chaos spiritual treasure. It was the whole reason he’d thought to come here.

 

Reincarnation was a tremendous resource. Every single person who crossed over to the prehistoric world managed to gain control over its paths. As a lord of reincarnation, they hold authority over anyone else reincarnating in that path, at the same time they’d also receive tremendous amounts of merit.

 

Liu Er also crossed over, naturally it was his responsibility to act the same way. He greedily eyed the Reincarnation and stretched out his hand. He deserved it more then anyone, not that two faced lier Houtu, not that bitch Nuwa, not the scheming bald donkeys from the west, and definitely not that racist Yuanshi.

 

As for Da Hai’s body below the neck, he was funnelling power towards his head. At the same time, he did not wish to let go of Yi Fei’es body. What kind of master/foster parent would he be, if he just abandoned it? He should transfer it to Zulong for burial first.

 

Already, the giant dragon was making his way over. But his lack of speed compared to Da Hai and Luohu postponed him greatly.

 

“Master…” Yi Fei’es tiny voice called out to Da Hai. A delicate finger was raised which Da Hai instantly noticed. His head far above near the void gasped, his body stilled when he sensed her waning life force.

 

“Do not worry about me, I…I can manage on my own.”

 

“Foolish girl! Your everything is on the verge of collapse,” Da Hai’s desperate voice immediately transferred to what remained of her mind. As she was, Yi Fei’e was incredibly fragile both mentally and physically. She probably wouldn’t even survive a teleportation.

 

Da Hai had to think quickly, since she was still somewhat alive he could stabilize her. His hand reached over her chest and he concentrated, sending his own energy to forcibly bind her existence in one piece.

 

His head who had been trying to keep Luohu in place weakened as a result. Taking advantage, Luohu pulverized that snake head with his own spell.

 

In Da Hai’s hand, radiant fiery qi gathered with the chirping of a phoenix. The tune resembled a song that was commonly sung by those who practised the Phoenix Nirvana manual.

 

In the past, Da Hai and Yi Fei’e had tried to find a way to cultivate that cultivation art. Back in the day, the dragons and phoenixes were still at war, reverse engineering this manual for others to use would’ve been very beneficial.

 

However, over time the two had lost hope. This was because the Phoenix Nirvana was incredibly restrictive compared to the Dragonic Dao. It required Zufeng’s own authentic phoenix blood essence, the Nanming Divine Fire in order to work. What’s worse was that phoenixes born out of cultivation did not produce that blood essence.

 

Perhaps if Da Hai were to transcend the Chaos Immortal realm, he’d be capable to cloning a perfect replica of the auspicious phoenix born from Pangu’s yin qi.

 

“Master…”

 

Da Hai’s reformed head flinched. The voice came from such a weak source, he’d mistaken it for a spirit entering the Reincarnation Disc.

 

“Cinnabar Phoenix, your willpower held yourself together,” Da Hai said in observation. He thought was a true miracle that the phoenix mount of Yi Fei’e could survive a point blank blast from Luohu. Then again, phoenixes were notorious for their survivability.

 

However, the phoenix couldn’t survive long and wasn’t entirely coherent. But his presence alone gave Da Hai an idea.

 

As he contemplated, two immense presences traveled beside then past him. Yang Mei followed by the Four Symbols Formation had finally gotten their bearings back to pursue Luohu.

 

“Are you committed or not?” Yang Mei growled. The Heavenly Dao merely sent a disdainful look. The two continued further towards the void between realms where they immediately launched attacks at Luohu.

 

The Four Symbols specifically activated the power of four starry movement techniques. It rose up at such blinding speeds that it exceeded Da Hai and Luohu previously.

 

Da Hai gritted his teeth, it was like everything was conspiring to halt his vengeance. But Yi Fei’e comes first, he refuses to lose anymore disciples. He took hold of the moth fairy’s disintegrating body and what he salvaged from the nearly extinguished Cinnabar Phoenix and got to work.

 

“Thought you’d be pursing him?” Hundun suddenly transmitted a message into Da Hai’s head.

 

“Fuck off, I’m busy. I’ll catch up later”

 

“Hm, you’re lucky Yang Mei and the Heavenly Dao is making their move.” Hundun’s current position was near where numerous surviving devils were gathered. His presence kept the encroaching madness at bay. He truly appeared to be a messiah saving his devil kin.

 

“He won’t be able to get far, not with the Heavenly Dao back to full power and the Four Symbols at its beck and call. With all the nutrients it’s no doubt absorbed, it’s power is even greater than before.”

 

“You going to deal with this foreign Dao fruit’s domain? Cause I’m bout to leave the Netherworld.”

 

“I’m busy.”

 

Distantly, flashes of light indicated explosions taking place within the void between realms. Obviously, Luohu could not shrug off Yang Mei and the Four Symbols Formation. His desperation was apparent when the walls of the Primitive World itself strengthened against a potential exit.

 

The Devil Ancestor was forced to turn his way towards the Great Wilderness where he’d make his final stand. The devils who saw his escape felt betrayed.

 

Many of them perished as a result of Luohu’s actions. Under Luohu’s leadership, so much of their power base was wiped out as well. At that moment, their faith in their founding ancestor collapsed.

 

If Hundun had a face, he’d smile.

 

 

Liu Er’s robotic grin turned into a giddy smile the closer to the Reincarnation Disc. Landing with a loud ‘THUD’, he landed atop a cliff created when Da Hai struck the Netherworld’s soil which uprooted tons of sediment.

 

‘Reincarnation, I saw the two faced bitch Houtu finally died. Once I am lord of reincarnation, I will prevent the witches from taking over. In this world, only me!’

 

Liu Er stabbed the end of his perceived cudgel into the ground in an attempt to look cool. The higher end of the dragon spine flopped to one end. The ribs and skull of Jiang Koilong ended up crushing quite a few unsuspecting individuals.

 

“Today, I Liu Er declare myself the master of reincarnation!” The monkey proclaimed with an outstretched arm.

 

The war went on around him. Second order celestial lifeforms canablized each other, forcing their leaders to run interference in order to preserve their own people. The devils were much like the anti-devil alliance, running around making insane accusations.

 

Di Jun and Taiyi along with many demons flew across the Netherworld either breaking the wierd phenomena affecting their underlings, or drawing them into their pocket dimensions to stop them from killing each other. Overall, it was tiring work for these people who’d just come out of a battle.

 

The Earthly Divinities clan were less affected by the others. Their existence were naturally protected by the Dao Laws of the Primitive World, as such there was a passive force beating back the encroaching influence. But this did not mean they were completely free.

 

“Hahahaha! Me kill me kill,” a divinity roared at another before body slamming into a large boulder. His intelligence seems to have dropped several degrees.

 

This was the common effect for divinities. They started acting mentally handicapped much to their leader’s rage.

 

As their emperor, Di Jiang was furious beyond belief. He was still reeling from the lost of his sister, the knowledge she didn’t trust her own siblings with her issues stung. Then his proud clan devolved into mindless cavemen.

 

What’s worse is that there is a voice screeching at him to stop thinking. He is a witch, and he should be stupid. He is naturally dumb and does not posses critical thinking. Witches like him are supposed to be wild and mindless.

 

All those went on while Liu Er stood upon the same cave expecting a result that never came.

 

Liu Er stood like a statue. The next natural sequence he will perform never triggered, the descent of merit never came, hence his mind was struggling to comprehend what had gone on.

 

“Declare myself the master of reincarnation…Declare myself the master of reincarnation,” he repeated again and again like a video on loop.

 

In his own world, merit descended and elevated his cultivation as a master of reincarnation. But some forces in this world were too powerful for a course of action to be decided just like that. Liu Er’s own delusion and the actual truth did not match, his Dao was incapable of forcing them to match.

 

“Liu Er!” Nuwa was the first and only one to approach Liu Er’s prone form. After resisting the phenomena and the near collapse of the Netherworld, she was in a great state of confusion.

 

“You finally made it?”

 

Her voice snapped Liu Er out of his loop. His head snapped to Nuwa, then rolled back to the disc out of disgust. ‘So stupid, shes so dumb, so dumb! And ugly, so dumb and ugly.’ He immediately concluded.

 

Nuwa didn’t even have arms or breasts, she was a beast with a woman’s face. Even her elegant human teeth were nothing more than fangs, she was truly a demon. But Liu Er’s reality had already accepted that. The truth was that Nuwa was nothing more than a filthy two faced entitled demon.

 

Liu Er’s sharp ears immediately heard praying voices near Nuwa. All six of his ears flickered, separating different kinds of noises and identified living beings she’d carried within her. As they were stuck on Nuwa’s being, they were fully protected from the chaos outside.

 

But Liu Er felt his eye uncontrollably twitch, his vision suffered black spots as he glanced through different layers of reality to peek at the human race. Just as soon as this occurred, his Dao acted to fix what he was struggling to see.

 

The image of Suiren leading his people in praying for their lives were replaced by humans cursing Nuwa for abandoning them to their deaths. In this version of reality, Suiren was making rude gestures at Nuwa and screaming about humanity’s independence.

 

“Are you alright?” Nuwa asked curiously. Despite everything, she still held an optimistic view of Liu Er due to remembering all the times they’ve worked together. The fact that he’d saved her life on Mt Buzhou was a scene engraved in her heart.

 

As Liu Er had kept his gaze locked on the Reincarnation Disc, Nuwa mistook his inaction for awe at the structure.

 

“I know, those guys really worked miracles crafting that treasure. Six paths where a soul could walk through the rebirth on the scale of the Primitive World, I can’t even imagine constructing something that potent on my own.”

 

‘Six…six…one…paths each,’ Liu Er’s mind started incorporating Nuwa’s words as he listened in. In keeping in line with his Dao, Liu Er suddenly had an epiphany. He wasn’t like the other transmigrator protagonists he loved to read about, he made a huge error in declaring himself the master of reincarnation.

 

In those stories, you don’t just say you’re the master of the whole thing. A protagonist who crossed over from earth like Liu Er should specify specific paths. These paths needs to be ones he had a relationship with.

 

Liu Er was not Minghe unfortunately, he could not access the ‘asura’ path. He was also not the Jade Emperor and hence couldn’t access the ‘g**’ path. But he was the six eared macaque, a famous demonic creature from the journey to the west.

 

“I am Ancestor Liu Er, in this earth, only me. Today, I have come to the land of samsara. I declare myself the master of the Animal Path of reincarnation!” He exclaimed with an outstretched hand.

 

Instantly, the sky turned golden. Glorious merit descended on his person elevating his already majestic cultivation from Golden Fairy Wonderland to Saint to Be.

 

In the real world, a static sound was heard by those nearby. But nothing changed from the chaos occurring around the entire Netherworld. At this moment, Fuxi arrived beside Nuwa asking her why she had stopped.

 

“This monkey?” Fuxi narrowed his gaze. He was reminded of what Di Jun would say about him and his arrogance.

 

“Yes, you remember Liu Er right? He’s been fighting the war on his own as well, he’s helped me push back a devil invasion in the past,” Nuwa’s eyes were slightly glazed over. She was seeing a bit of static ever since Liu Er spoke, but had not fallen to his tricks.

 

She blinked a few times to expel the foreign influence.

 

“I am Ancestor Liu Er, in this earth, only me. Today, I have come to the land of samsara. I declare myself the master of the Hell Path of reincarnation!” Liu Er then exclaimed with an outstretched hand.

 

“I am Ancestor Liu Er, in this earth, only me. Today, I have come to the land of samsara. I declare myself the master of the Hungry Ghost Path of reincarnation!” He exclaimed with an outstretched hand.

 

“Sister, let’s leave him. This ape is clearly not thinking straight. We have more duties to do,” Fuxi said. He gestured to the demons brawling against each other other over something irrelevant, oblivious to a set of devils about to come at them.

 

“I am Ancestor Liu Er, in this earth, only me. Today, I have come to the land of samsara. I declare myself the master of the Human Path of reincarnation!” He exclaimed with an outstretched hand.

 

“The fuck?” Nuwa was about follow Fuxi after feeling slightly disturbed. But she snapped her head towards Liu Er. “Human Path, you master of my creation? What is the meaning of this?”

 

Liu Er seemed to acknowledge her as his face snapped in her direction. But unlike his previous robotic grin, he appeared to be triggered. Despite his Dao’s attempts, he cannot deny the reality of his word’s ineffectiveness.

 

The Reincarnation Disc acted as if it hadn’t even heard him. All this culminated in a monkey who felt incredibly aggrieved. Liu Er was smart, he wasn’t dumb the native inhabitants of the prehistoric world. He had a proper twelve grade education unlike these cave people.

 

He instantly concluded ‘rightly’. Nuwa and the others must’ve declared themselves the master of their respective paths before he arrived. Be couldn’t deny the timeline making no sense, hence murderous intent rose up within him. But he also knew he can’t kill one of heaven’s favourite daughters.

 

Nuwa was practically a spoiled princess who had everything given to her. Outside from Zhunti, she was the other one among the six saints who never knew hardship and never fought any battles. Favoured by heaven with saint destiny, Liu Er knew he can’t touch her until she commits a grave sin.

 

Liu Er knew he was smart, he knew not to offend the important powerhouses like Luohu and Hongjun because they were powerful. But a bitch like Nuwa truly deserved to die for stealing his benefit. It just wasn’t right, it wasn’t how the story should go, it wasn’t the life he is supposed to live. It was a pity he can’t do so for now.

 

“The holy virgin Nuva is stupid. She had the foresight to become master of human reincarnation. But I will reincarnate as martial ancestor and take humanity’s destiny in my hand. Break free from the slavers of prehistoric.”

 

Liu Er growled into her face. He didn’t and never wanted to play nice with this woman, if she wants to make herself his enemy then he will reciprocate. Nuwa’s pupils morphed into reptilian slits in response. Her coiled up body started waving around the air menacingly. But understanding the greater picture, she quickly calmed down.

 

“I don’t believe this. After all we’ve been through this is what you think of me?” She spat turning away. “I don’t know what happened to you after all these years, but a devil must’ve hit your head a little too hard.

 

“Come on Fuxi, let’s sort out this madness. And you monkey? Make yourself useful and get rid of the straggling devils would ya?”

 

SNAP!

 

Liu Er’s eyes constricted, his breathing stopped, and his body stilled. Nuwa’s final words poured through his psyche like a raging tidal wave.

 

SHING!

 

CRUNCH!

 

“ARGH!”

 

Fuxi jolted when he heard his sister’s scream. He glanced back to see a sight that horrified him.

 

Like a hose uncontrollably spraying water, Nuwa’s massive body flailed sending volumes of blood in every direction. Her cries and injured presence had a booming effect across the Netherworld

Her Dao fruit manifested without her control possessing cracks lining a severed piece. The essence of life and creation forced its way through the very earth itself. Nuwa’s face scrunched into an agonizing look.

 

Fuxi couldn’t find the words to describe what he saw. Nuwa’s beautiful face was marred by blood. The flesh on the upper left side of her head was missing exposing her skull and brain. Even the bone above her eye socket had a piece taken off. Nuwa did cultivate a strong physical body that provided some defence, but the flesh and bones she’d condensed were carved away so easily.

 

The innate god followed where he saw Nuwa convulsing away from. His breathing turned rapid and his gaze turned murderous.

 

There, standing on the same cliff face was a hunched Liu Er. His fur was drenched in blood, his cloths were soaked and pieces of flesh from Nuwa clung to his body like grime. His expression was now an angry one, but one that didn’t acknowledge the filth he had on him.

 

“SLURP!”

 

Strings of muscle tissue, blood vessels, and nerves stuck onto a big piece of flesh were sucked into his mouth like a noodle. Handing off from the right side of his mouth was a dangling eyeball.

 

“Prehistoric Liu Er will NEVER BE A SLAVE!”

 


Author’s Note:

When Da Hai is saying “nutrients”, he's referring to all the energy released by a cultivators death that the Primitive World and the Heavenly Dao will absorb. This is how the world grew more powerful and more stable.

Also, regarding the phrase I keep using for Liu Er “Prehistoric Liu Er will never be a slave!” This recurring line comes from several factors. The primary one being a discussion I had about “This Young Master Is Not Canon Fodder” where someone said the protagonist of that work Xi Tianyi was a slave because he kept following what the Buzhou Immortal Sect asked him to do, and that he should break away and form his own faction. This coupled with honghuang protagonist’s tendency to strive to be on their own with their own faction gave birth to this idea, and most importantly of all to reject their inserted character’s destiny(they follow canon anyway). It’s essentially an exaggerated parody of that idea. Liu Er will regard any request made on him as an allusion to slavery, something he rejects himself as being.

In Liu Er’s head, he is the only one who’s not a slave to something. 

As for Luohu, his final stand will be on Mt Sumeru. I just took my desire to end Liu Er’s storyline to move him there for the final battle

0