Great Wilderness Shattered
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘If I could just break into the Chaos Sea, I can teleport away.’

In his path, the Lunar Star’s radiance focused on Wangshu. The Solar Star’s power can be avoided but Yang Mei was already hot on his heels. The Pangu Genesis Formation also jumped to body slam Luohu. The two titans were near equal in size.

“Devil, today you pay for breaking the father god’s gift!” Di Jiang roared from the formation’s head. Their great physiques were all combined into a titanic force. Even if Luohu burned his Nascent Soul for power, he’d still be crushed by all that strength. 

“But you aren’t Pangu.” Narrowing his gaze, Luohu fought against the burning pain. He knew formations better then most could hope for, he used that experience to analyze the Pangu Genesis Formation “Bunch of amateur, the flaw is as clear as day.”

Zhu Jiuying and Di Jiang gathered the power of their siblings to further increase the formation’s strength. But while the others were roaring, Chi You was drenched in sweat. Luohu easily identified his sub section as a weak link.

Before the Pangu giant made contact with him, Luohu’s arm dug into the giant’s waist. His corrosive destruction easily punctured the weak structure of what was supposed to be the earth divinity’s position. Then he ripped Chi You out of the formation.

The bull headed divinity screamed. He bit down on Luohu’s tail, crunching his flesh and bones apart via the raw exertion of his physical strength. Then he flailed in the air as he fell back down to earth without enough force to send a portion of it breaking into the void.

Luohu didn’t care he lost a tail, the Pangu Genesis Formation was already breaking from that single loss. Di Jun noticed this and sent down torpedoes of sunlight to assist. But Luohu was still too close to the divinities.

The Pangu giant’s face was one of defiance. Luohu jammed his spear through its eye and ripped it’s outer shell off to expose the divinities within. The suddenness of the formation’s breaking caused enormous backlash for the denizens inside. Mouthfuls of blood was spat out as their formerly harmonized energies suddenly recoiled throughout their bodies.

Down below, Da Hai rose in a torrent of water dragging a freed Wangshu and Zulong with him. “No,” he uttered as a spear jammed its way through Tianwu’s body.

Luohu emerged from his true form with one purpose, to kill the annoying interlopers. The Earthly Divinities must’ve thought very highly of themselves. Their bodies were incredibly strong, but Luohu undoubtedly had the greatest offensive prowess of anyone present. Tianwu’s body rotted despite his great vitality.

Then, that spear came down on Xuangming, Xizi, Shebishi, and Di Jiang. His arm burned with so much power, that Luohu would like to think he could even block the real Pangu’s axe. He cleaved through Xuangming’s neck, Xizi’s torso, and Shebishi’s face in a clean arc. Di Jiang was their leader, so Luohu aimed to finish him off as well.

“Big brother!” Qiang Liang jumped towards Luohu despite the dizziness he felt. The backlash from Chi You being ripped out had left this Ancestral Divinity twitching and groggy. He grabbed hold of Liu Er’s spear and wrestled with him. For his efforts, he got blasted point blank by Luohu’s mouth beam.

“Qiang Liang no!” Di Jiang aimed a punch towards Luohu’s head. He didn’t even have time to process his siblings deaths. His meaty fist impacted Luohu’s stomach, easily ripping a whole through the Devil Ancestor. His devilish blood spilled onto Qiang Liang’s broken husk of a corpse.

“GAH!” Luohu dispelled his body into mist and tried to teleport away. But Di Jiang pushed his hands together to lock down space around him. 

“Brothers, beat him to death!” He demanded in grief. Zhurrong, Jumang, Rushou, Gonggong, and Zhu Jiuying were the only ones left alive. They were also shocked at what just happened to the rest of their brothers and sister.

“HAH!” Luohu roared, myriad energy transformed around him into infant universes that exploded in these divinities faces. Luohu grabbed Di Jiang’s and burned him before spearing him through the nipple.

He would stab further were it not for Zhu Jiuying wrapping his tail around him and pulling him away. The time divinity expanded the muscles in his trail hoping to crush the devil to paste once and for all. But just as quickly as he tried, the God Killing Spear pierced his eyeball and into the skull.

“Guh.” Zhu Jiuying jerked back. He hurriedly tried blinking his eyes to turn back time, but neither Luohu nor his spear were having it. He sliced his spear sideways taking the top part of Zhu Jiuying’s old head off.

Zhurrong gasped in at the state of his eldest brothers. Mighty Di Jiang and intelligent Zhu Jiuying were both down. He wanted to pummel Luohu to death, but the fire divinity held himself back for once in his life. 

“We need to get out of here,” he said.

“What? Are you insane?” Someone, Gonggong, Rushou, or Jumang said in disbelief. But seeing the surety in Zhurrong’s eyes, they complied. They leapt away from Luohu and grabbed their injured eldest brother and expiring second brother.

“No, for the father god, for Houtu,” Di Jiang said in a daze. But Zhurrong shook his head, he and Gonggong dragged the faceless divinity away from the sky. The light of the Solar Star flashed across Luohu’s gaze so he looked away.

He did not bother pursuing either for he didn’t even have time to catch his breath because Yang Mei was already onto him.

Yang Mei had formed a spatial tear in his hand and tried to rip the injured Luohu apart. In response, Luohu shattered spacetime around him completely and utterly. Shards of reality cut across Yang Mei’s face.

His true form of a willow tree took form along with Luohu’s bestial one. The God Killing Spear waved around, cutting through Yang Mei’s roots. The barks across the godfiend began peeling off from the sheer power of Luohu.

“You’re insane,” Yang Mei grumbled. 

“Easy for you to say,” Luohu replied.

Brilliant moon light and seawater crashed towards him again. Da Hai and Wangshu closed their distance with the former channeling larger clouds of Chaotic Sword Qi. Zulong still held a rotting 12 Petals White Lotus and played support for his master.

Di Jun sucked in a heavy breath. “Taiyi, fuse your Chaos Bell’s power with the Solar Star. We’ll burn the devil while they distract him.”

“Understood.”

Luohu glanced up feeling an enormous amount of heat. Even in his state, he recognized the threat the Solar Star posed. As it built up power, it could unleash a devastating laser capable of eradicating tens of thousands of Chaos Worlds at once.

“All of you…fuck all of you!” Luohu cried. “I will win. I will reach Dao.”

Luohu lurched forward, Yang Mei raised himself to eliminate him. His branches formed a halberd that stabbed through Luohu above the wound Di Jiang made. Yet Luohu pushed himself along that blade and bit Yang Mei’s bark.

The entire tree groaned with splinters falling off becoming meteorites. Luohu raised Yang Mei above his head and swung the willow tree. He carved into the void between realms using Yang Mei’s body, slammed the net of the remaining three Symbols using Yang Mei’s sheer length.

The bark splintered into pieces as Wangshu cried out. Luohu took a breath and blasted Yang Mei’s body with pure destructive energy. The godfiend’s bark glowed with all his defence spells, but was pushed away into the violent spatial current.

Da Hai felt a small pain when he saw Yang Mei’s injured state. Despite everything, a part of him that was inherited from Tian Hai cared about the man. He released the clouds in his sword at Luohu and mentally dedicated them to Yang Mei.

“Do you think that’s enough Da Hai? Did you forget my spear is the Chaos Green lotus’ stem?” Luohu raised his spear. With a single slam, he smashed apart the qi that split heaven from earth. Roaring turned into crying as he gripped his bleeding chest.

“Fire now!” Di Jun formed a triangle with his palm. The heat of the sun burned hot, so much so that the Demon Emperor felt backlash. With Taiyi channeling a chaos spiritual treasure’s qi into the spell, Di Jun used the Sun Chakram as a medium to fire.

Yang Mei glanced over despite his injuries. “Lu Ya? A legacy then.” Around him, the shimmers of the Starry Skies were not too far away. Such a sight reminded him of the last him he battled alongside the Sun Demon God inside the Starry Skies.

The sky was lit ablaze. A towering inferno shot through the Great Wilderness at a sixty degree angle. Di Jun gritted his teeth feeling as if he were burning from the inside. Taiyi was not much better, feeling incredible strain from steering the Solar Star.

“Bunch of brats.” Luohu flapped his wings around the beam. Skirting its surface, he avoided the beam that followed his route. Di Jun guided the pillar of fire as fast as he could. Da Hai, Wangshu, and Zulong followed the same path Luohu did as they also took care to not be hit by the Solar Star.

“The sun was always more destructive than the moon,” Wangshu whispered. “My authority has already faded.”

“Lament later,” Da Hai reminded her. “Damn it how can Luohu still move?”

Trailing along in the form of smoke, Luohu rose up directing onto the platform Di Jun stood upon. The palace of the sun sat behind him appearing majestic. A heavenly court for demon kind which Di Jun normally ruled from as an emperor.

The Chaos Bell descended to smash Luohu immediately. Taiyi appeared before his brother with a place face and burnt clothing. He immediately attacked Luohu while pushing Di Jun back.

“Flat haired beast.” Luohu didn’t have the desire to dual Taiyi. He clasped his hands and burned more of his Nascent Soul. His mind became drowsy and he struggled to keeps his eyes open. A sharp bolt of lighting streaked him to.

Taiyi stood his ground in the face of Luohu’s blast much to his shock. In a roar, he transformed into a Three Legged Golden Crow whose radiant light was so powerful that he forced Luohu to dig his heels in. Di Jun quickly assumed his true form and joined in harassing Luohu.

Taiyi was incredibly powerful, more so then even the Ancestral Divinities. He could also sense Da Hai about to reach the platform. So Luohu vaulted over the  duo using the God Killing Spear as pole. Landing behind Di Jun, he threw a palm strike motion.

Di Jun flinched and brought his shields up. But this was a feint as Luohu strike towards Taiyi with his other arm from below. Taiyi was coming to Di Jun’s side to defend his weaker older brother, but was struck instead. He tumbled a great distance towards the edge.

“Di Jun no!” He cried when he say multiple black dragons pierce through Di Jun’s body. Luohu lifted the Demon Emperor and threw him. Then he slammed his spear down to create a wave of destruction.

During the attack, Da Hai and Wangshu appeared over the edge. They felt like evaporating being this close to the Solar Star. Both Di Jun and Taiyi were completely enveloped however. Da Hai could sense one of the two life signatures being completely erased.

Leaping into action, Luohu’s slashed his spear in all directions. Da Hai raised his hand sending his fingers in the form of of sea serpents to weave through said slashes. But around them, the palace of the sun was torn asunder.

A snake head bit into the God Killing Spear’s shaft. Luohu quickly chopped it apart causing Da Hai to jolt from the loss of a finger. The Devil Ancestor’s Dao fruit emitted transcendent light and completely overtook Da Hai’s body.

In response, Da Hai’s own Dao fruit alongside Wangshu’s manifested themselves to beat back Luohu. Da Hai himself ran forward just as Zulong flew over the edge alongside a recovering Yang Mei.

“You all cockroaches!” Luohu said between coughs. He jumped back from Da Hai slamming towards him, an act that made a water platform. Da Hai ripped out thousands of serpents from the make shift sea and commanded them forward.

Zulong opened his dragonic mouth to breath lighting while Yang Mei channeled a singularity and pushed it towards Luohu.

“GRAH!” Luohu put his all into his spear and swung it upwards towards the combined attack. The God Killing Spear out of all others was his truest companion until the end.

BOOM!

The resulting explosion in the edge of the Great Wilderness affected mainland as well. Finally, the very soil of all four continents could not longer remain semi still. Like the aftermath of an earthquake, they caved in.

The barriers of the Great Wilderness had been shattered as a result of the aftershocks from this battle. The entire great realm broke apart with no one able to stop it. Pieces after pieces broke off to drift in the void. 

In the void, Hundun placed down the small world he created with all the devils inside. He then flew away towards the clash between Luohu and the others.

In the void, Hongjun stepped out watching the main piece of land of the Primitive World be destroyed. His eyes turned to see his disciple Haotian desperately racing across the world grabbing whatever he could.

Dragons and phoenixes were grabbing the territories of their respective empires just as Haotian did it for random people. The demon higher ups desperately raced to salvage their homelands and kin. The divinities did not posses as much supernatural means so many tumbled into the void.

Haotian had a face full of despair. His pocket dimension was already full of millions in the short time he raced about. But the destruction of the Great Wilderness was killing untold quintillions.

“Foolish disciple, can you not see you can’t stop the inevitable?” Hongjun reached with his right hand and grabbed hold of Mt Yujing from a crumbling East Continent. 

“Master?” His second disciple Yaochi said from within Zixiao Palace. “Where is senior brother Haotian?”

“Haotian is a truly kind boy. Unfortunately, even he cannot stem the flood that is the Great Wilderness’ end.”

Hongjun sent a message to Haotian to recall him. He wished for him to join back with him in the void while business with Luohu was being settled.

“Master, oh thank heavens,” Haotian replied. “Please help me. The Great Wilderness is…”

“I’m aware,” Hongjun said stoically. “The Great Wilderness is simply transferring from one era to the next. This tribulation is ending and it’s time for the primitive age to become the age of Three Realms.”

“What? I don’t…Master, there are numerous people dying out there in this chaos.”

“That is regrettable. But the Heavenly Dao has already accepted this loss. Now only nature must take it’s course as the heavens decree,” Hongjun explained. “Come Haotian, come to my protection before you’re caught up in this madness.”

“NO!”

“No?” Hongjun frowned. He shook his head and sighed. Haotian was always more empathetic then connate life forms typically were. But its slowly becoming a weakness. How could his disciple be able to wholeheartedly pursue the Dao like he if he was so concerned about lesser life forms?

Hongjun did not want to get in the way of Haotian’s journey, but he felt a lesson needed to be taught. He reached through the void and pulled.

“No master, please just let me…” 

But Haotian was helpless in Hongjun’s grasp. He struggled but could not stop the purple clouds from pulling him to Hongjun’s side. His eyes widened at how easily Hongjun did so.

He turned his head and gazed at Hongjun in a mix of shock and terror. Hongjun did that a little too easily. One Limitless Supreme while the other Primal Zenith, but they were still both Chaos Immortals. Weren’t they?

0