One Hit Kill? Against A Demon King?
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Seven Heroes look at the Demon King of Death who was unleashing his magical energy. The magical aura around him became somewhat heavy as if his authority as The Demon King wasn't even taken at all. In that desperate moment, the heroes could only recall what Carmilla had said before.

"For the Demon King of Death, it is a guarantee that he won't use instant death magic."

Junos grit his teeth as he prepares for the battle that is yet to be over. His sword of light was again releasing streams of energy.

"No… how can it be…" Asya spoke shivering.

But unlike Junos, not everyone had regained their morale upon seeing their mighty techniques dismissed so easily.

"What is the meaning of this!? Did our One Hit Kill fail!?" Storm readied his trident as water-like magical energy began to surround his weapon. No doubt Storm is afraid yet he shrugs his fear and stands tall before the demon king.

KLING!

The red eyes of death shine as he steps closer and closer as the demon king reveals his sword again and charges towards the hero leaping almost instantly. With ease, he maneuvered behind the heroes as he struck his first victim.

SLASH!

The first victim of his attack was Asya The Flower Maiden. All it took was a simple slash and her entire limbs were severed leaving only her torso as it fell to the ground. As her purple blood spurt everywhere accompanied by a horrific scream. Covered in Asya's blood somehow the demon king's armor began shining as if it was absorbing the blood.

"HYAAAH" Storm charged his spear as The Demon King of Death dodged it with a sidestep before deflecting the trident with his left index finger pushing it away from Storm's grasps. "What the heck is this power? Isn't he supposed to be weakened?"

With his trident deflected Storm was now in a defenseless stance. The Demon King stepped forward and thrust Storm in the gut. But luck was on Storm's side. The Demon King of Death suddenly looked away and parried another attack launched by both Junos and Ahmes. The Sword which was launched towards Storm had now changed trajectories to clash with The Sword of Shadow and The Sword of Light.

"It's been a while, Blastar, and Blastur." The Demon King spoke. The Swords wielded by Junos and Ahmes suddenly emit a bit more energy than usual. It was as if their weapons were angry towards The Demon King of Death.

"You... how did you know their 'true names'!" Ahmes spat. Death did not answer as the three swords continued on clashing against each other as magical energy ran wild dissipating from the clash of swords. But soon, the sword wielded by the demon king overpowered the efforts combined by both Junos and Ahmes.

"Not bad... For a vermin... At least your mana output is somewhat optimal, 1% optimal that is." The Demon King said before pushing his sword towards Junos and Ahmes throwing them away from him. As both Junos and Ahmes fell down The Demon King of Death put his fingers on his blade as he coated his blade with black flames. "Malefic Ember." The Demon King slashed his sword towards Junos and Ahmes. Instinctively they tried to parry it with their swords an energy wave was discharged at them accompanied with black flames. The two were knocked over yet again as they crashed onto the ground with their weapons lying down beside them. Both were lit in black flames.

After dealing with the two, The Demon King did not waste any time, as he looked to the side and disappeared into thin air. His sword was left thrusting on the ground yet he was nowhere to be seen.

SWONG!
In an instant, he reappeared in Minerva's face. His left hand pushed Minerva's head which was flying on the air to the ground. As he crashed her head, The Demon King lifted his foot before stomping her abdomen creating a mini crater on the wasteland accompanied by black-red sparks.

Minerva's eyes were white. She is knocked out. A sight in which not possible for her. An act that was not possible due to her status as a spirit that is immune to physical damage or even unconsciousness. It was as if The Demon King of Death had forced her to become human again and knocked her out in the most human-like way. Which is through physical damage.

"There is no way Minerva would be able to be touched. Something is wrong. Something is wrong." Storm said towards the rest of the seven heroes which contained only Drac and Ashley left. The Demon King then reached to the sky with his left hand. Then the clouds began to form above him.

"That's…." Ashley was mesmerized as she saw the cloud moving towards him as if he was commanding them.

"No… those aren't clouds! They're…. Mana…." Storm said.

"Wreck Havoc. Never-ending ember…" The Demon King of Death chants. Drac The Draconic Overlord shivered as he heard him chant. "That's! Isn't that my…."

"1% Flame of Apocalypse." The Demon King finished his chant as the clouds formed a flaming object that came down like a meteor towards the seven heroes. The radius of the meteor however was 10x the size of the previous one Drac summoned.

"Everyone evade!!!!" Storm screamed.

"No!" Drac stopped Storm. "If we escape our friends will die because of the meteor. Go and get 'em!" Drac flew to the sky with his wings as magical energy that looked like flames crashed onto the falling meteor. He screamed in pain whilst he tanked and attempted to redirect the meteor. His painful cry echoes in the ears of the remaining survivors of the battle. "DRAC!!!" Then the meteor was diverted from the original crash site and finally crashed as it flashed and dissipated a bunch of smoke.

Ashley was dumbfounded as she saw her friends all knocked out leaving only Storm and herself. She clenched her fist and raised her sword preparing to fight. Storm was looking at the demon king with fearful eyes. "How did you…"

"Mimic Element."

"What is…"

"Hm? I thought the seven heroes were bestowed with… That means you all are far worse than the previous ones."

"You… you were supposed to be…weakened…" Storm said.

"Sealed."

"Then… how… did you?"

"Did you really think… my demon king authority is all that I have?"

Storm stopped his words. He remembered Carmilla's words yet again where she only can confirm that Death won't use Instant Death Magic.

"From the start. Even before I had that authority. I had this ability. So whether you seal my authority or not. I won't lose this power."

"Why the hell are you even telling me all this?" Storm said charging his mana yet again.

"I wonder what stupidity did you lot think about. One Hit Kill? Against a Demon King? How are you imbeciles that confident?"

"Are you just mad we ganged up on you?" Ashley said. The Demon King sighed. "Are you annoyed that we managed to pin you and attack you!"

"Haha. You're right but I am not annoyed. I am disappointed. To think all that effort and magical energy wasted. Not even 0.00001% of the damage."

This time, Ashley was the one who shut her mouth.

"Did you know how disappointed I feel? To have my authority stripped yet the combating squads are a bunch of incompetent vermins? Is the United Front throwing some kind of joke?"

The Demon King spoke as he began to seem angered. His magical energy around him started to feel heavy. "Alas. There's no need to wonder where salvation is. Because I will give it to you out of my mercy. I am giving you the chance to surrender since you know fighting would be futile." The Demon King extended his right hand.

Storm shivered as he let out a tear. The word mercy was the one he had been searching this whole time and was now offered to him by the demon king. He took his weapon down. "That means… you… will… let us go?"

"Ghh…Haha…"

The Demon King gaged.

"Is that brain of your's working? After you surrender you will die by my hand of course. I never said anything about sparing your life. Surrender and die." The Demon King of Death started to walk closer.

"Stay back! I will…. I will…" Ashley said.

The Demon King ignored his threat as he walked slowly closer.

"Even The Demon King of Revival is now dead and no longer here to support you! You must be desperate to heal him or to ask for his help right?" Ashley said.

"Dead? Imbecile… that guy maybe isn't as strong as me. But when it comes to healing, he is second to none."

"Then where is he now? What happened to him after the explosion?"

"Of course, he is now fighting the man who helped you, Ruin of The Ebon Heralds. Go and carefully look beyond the sky." The Demon King of Death points to the sky where Mana Flash sparks appear left and right though the person behind those flashes isn't visible to the eyes of Ashley.

It was as if she was watching something beyond what her eyes could process.

0