The Seven Heralds vs The Seven Champions of Primordial Kingdom
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Demon King of Revival pushed away the troops. A barrier was erected around the perimeter of where the demon kings had stood. An energy field made out of mana had covered the area in a dome-like structure. As it succeeded in covering the area it suddenly turned transparent as the dome was now invisible to the eye.

A lavender-haired woman was sitting on the throne near the battlefield. It was the leader of United Front, Carmilla. The only person in the world that is able to chip away the power of a demon king albeit for a fixed interval. Instinctively, Lilitha who had knowledge of this, waged the soldiers to charge aiming to free the Demon Kings from the now invisible dome.

Imprint Soldiers supported by the Umbral Fighters Unit E-F-G battalion began attacking. As the war started suddenly a flash of light fell from the sky as the ground shook capturing the attention of both the soldiers of the United Front and the Primordial Kingdom.

Then a figure emerged from thin air. Black tights with gold ornaments were the noticeable features of the figure's outfit. An elven woman with white hair. She was wearing a domino mask concealing her identity. "Greetings army of The Primordial Kingdom! I am Sierra of The Ebon Heralds."

The soldiers of the United Front suddenly backed out and joined back to their forces as if retreating to the backlines. While the Imprint soldiers did the same thing as the battle was seemingly halted by the arrival of the woman known as Sierra.

When the Imprint Soldiers, Umbral fighters, and NPCs regained their stance. One of the umbral fighter's members, Number A-217 a.k.a. Aira began to grit her teeth. Her face was filled with hatred and I could also see the mana around her began to run wild. "Sierra…" Aira spoke her name.

"Do you know her, Aira?" Zeta asked. Aira didn't immediately answer as she clenched her fist and said, "She was the one who wiped out Unit B along with the man called Ruin."

At the end of her words, Zeta's pupils widened. She too was now agitated beyond measure. To imagine the killer of her friends in Unit B was now standing in front of her incited the anger she was concealing until now. But unlike Aira, Zeta sealed that uncontrollable rage away and spoke calmly towards Sierra. "I am Zeta, Chief of Umbral Fighters!"

"And I am Lilitha, Chief of Non-Pacifist Contender." Lilitha followed Zeta's advances at introducing themselves to the enemy.

"I suppose, unlike some foes that I have faced. You gals are quite dignified. Sadly, that won't have any meaning in the battlefield." Sierra said as she flicked her finger. In an instant, an army appeared below her as if they had revealed themselves out of hiding. Then, 6 light-like orbs landed down to reveal 6 more people joining in the front formation of Sierra.

"We are Ebon Heralds. The ones who oversee the world and control it from the darkness. The Seven Heralds of Shadow are here to vanquish thee." Sierra was in the middle of the line-up. Where to the right there are three more women mainly having black hair, blonde hair, and tosca. To the left, Three more women with hair colors of blue, jet-black, and pink.

"To my right is Echo, Juliett, Kilo," Sierra said as she gestured her hand to the right. "To my left is Lima, Alpha, and Bravo." As I inspected further all of the personnel of Ebon Heralds, It seemed they were all wearing matching outfits except for the seven people in the front. The Seven people in the front wore slightly altered versions of the uniform.

"This is how it's going to play out. We will fight 7 V 7 and the rest of the armies will fight the other. In that time, if you manage to defeat us, we will help you and destroy the sealing barrier erected by the United Front. Yet, if the seven heralds win, you will retreat from this battlefield this instant and leave your demon kings behind."

"Heh. It's illogical how we would leave our beloved demon kings behind. Do you seriously think we would risk that?" Lilitha said. "Are you perhaps trying to mock us?" She stared into the eyes of Sierra with clear signs of bloodlust. It has been a while since Lilitha was this angry.

"My intel told me that your army is at 10.000 while our Ebon Heralds are around 500. But I know you got to fight the United Front army too. Which was around 100.000 in total. Without the power of The Demon Kings are you confident that you won't lose to us?"

"Lilitha give me the order. I will break that woman's head." Addison said as she raised her aura using magical energy to enhance her body. "At ease Admiral." Lilitha put her hand out commanding Addison to stand down.

It is very hard to make these kinds of decisions without the wisdom of our demon kings. Yet this is exactly what Lord Revival had prepared us to do from the very beginning of our lives. To carry out his 'will' even when he is not there. As such, I already know the answer that Lilitha will give. She then looks at Zeta attempting to have one last second opinion. Zeta then nods her head seemingly ready for what will happen next.

"Very well. We will play your little game. With some conditions of course. I would like you to make a cursed covenant with me as insurance to this deal." Lilitha said with a smirk. "Let's make it so that if someone breaks the contract the other will be stripped of their life."

"Haha. Interesting. How about we add another one? The one who breaks the rules will no longer be able to use 'magical energy'. How does that sound?" Sierra added. "That seems fine." Lilitha then carved a symbol on her palm using her finger as so did Sierra. The two of them shook hands as they spoke about the conditions of the battle.

The 7 Versus 7 battles will commence simultaneously. If the opponent of either side has been defeated the remaining competitor can choose either to interrupt another battle or go back to aid the army. Outside of that, it is forbidden to help or assist other fighters in their fight or go back and aid the army. The winner is the side that has the member left to fight. A side loses when that side has no more fighters that can fight. If either side breaks this covenant, then the leaders of either side will suffer the curse that has been agreed upon which is, Instant Death, and the inability to use magical energy.

That was what they had agreed upon. After shaking with Sierra, Lilitha went back and looked at the NPC personnels. Ebonyflame, Lunalight, Addison, and me. She then whispered to Zeta and said, "I need 3 more people.

"I will go," Aira said.

"No. You need to stay put." Zeta said.

"Chief… I have to take veng-"

"I know how you feel. I understand how you feel the most. Yet if our opponent is that capable you need to stay put as insurance. So that if the rest of the UF is in trouble you can help them."

Zeta then looked at Kobra. "You don't even need to ask." Kobra suddenly walked forward and shouted, "Hey, you what's your name again?! Seer?! You will fight me!" She pointed towards Sierra who seemed a bit surprised.

Then after Kobra left to shout in the front, behind her, someone else walked forward. "Yo! I will also join!" A tall blonde short-haired woman said. Her red eyes laid on the seven heralds. "Maybe I will fight the woman with the Tosca hair." She pointed towards the woman with tosca hair from the Ebon Heralds.

"Oit Caila and Kobra! Why are we choosing opponents?" Zeta said.

"Huh? Why can't we?" Kobra said looking a bit annoyed as she stared back at Zeta.

"I mean… It's just…" Zeta seems overwhelmed because of how Caila and Kobra acted.

"I wanted to fight that woman because she seems to be the direct subordinate of Ruin. If I can't fight him today, Seera or whatever her name is will do just fine."

Sierra smiled and said, "You seem confident I like it. But do you really believe you have what it takes to fight me?" She flicked her white hair gracefully.

"Heh. I was fighting your master just a few months ago! He isn't that much of a hotshot!" Kobra smiled looking proud of herself.

What happened next was a quite weird sight.

"SHE FOUGHT LORD RUIN? THAT'S NOT FAIR!" The seven people of the ebon heralds shouted in unison except Sierra who now looks interested.

"HEY HEY LET ME FIGHT HER!" The woman with blue hair from the ebon heralds said.

"HEY NO LET ME LET ME!" The woman with jet-black hair and wolfen ears said.

"NOPE ! ehem. I will be the one who does it. I'll be your opponent!" Sierra said silencing the other members.

"Oh yeah I remembered, she also fought him!" Kobra suddenly pointed at Lunalight.

"Hey, you don't need to say that! I don't want to"

"Dibs. She is mine!" A woman with blue hair from the Seven Heralds said as she raised her arm.

Zeta then whispered to Lilitha. "Ms. Lilitha… what is going on?" She said with confused eyes. "It seems they are eager to fight. I'll be counting on Kobra then to defeat the leader." Lilitha then suddenly also shouted, "I am the direct subordinate of The Demon King of Revival! Which one will fight me?"

"OWH ME! ME!" The jet-black-haired woman with wolven ears said in excitement. "Alright then! I'll be with you shortly! What is your name?"

Zeta then looked towards me and said, "Haah... I can't believe Lilitha would join in on choosing the opponents…" She said to me. "I mean… it's good, isn't it? This way there's no need to confuse too much on choosing opponents. I guess…" I said whilst smiling a bit worried. I suppose Zeta was a bit wrong for expecting cool composure at a time like this from Lilitha. Nevertheless, everyone here is strong so I think they will be fine.

Lilitha then looked at me and spoke. "Astrid… I'll be counting on you to aid all the people here. No one else here can heal as well as you." She put her hand on my shoulder. "Be sure to come back!" I said while looking at my comrades. Addison gave me a thumbs up. Ebonyflame winked at me. Lunalight nudged me and gave me a slight hug. While Lilitha pats my head.

After that, Caila, Kobra, Zeta, Lilitha, Lunalight, Ebonyflame, and Addison. went forward to the center of the battlefield before moving away from the battlefield and going to a more secluded area. Meanwhile, I regrouped back with the remaining of the troops. Naturally, the commando of the primordial kingdom army was now in the hands of Aira which is a member of the Umbral Fighters Special Unit Zeta. She then asked me to report to the other unit leader about the situation as she led the army of the primordial kingdom.

Without much time, the 7 V 7 battle began simultaneously as the war between the United Front army plus Ebon Heralds versus The Primordial Kingdom began. The Imprint soldiers made their move and fought the United Front Army. However, as they were backed up by the ebon heralds it seemed to be rather tough to fight them.

I am not entirely sure we can win this fight with no problem. Yet I am confident we can hold our own at least until the 7 champions come back.

***

The Seven Heralds Versus The Primordial Kingdom 7 Champions. They were now a bit far from the army battlefield since they squared off and moved instinctively away more and more from the battlefield.

Kobra was fighting Sierra the white-haired elf.

Caila was fighting Kilo the tosca-haired minotaur demi-human.

Zeta was fighting Juliett the blonde-haired succubus.

Lilitha was fighting Alpha the wolf demi-human with jet-black hair.

Lunalight was fighting Lima the blue-haired siren.

Addison was fighting Bravo the pink-haired killer bunny demi human.

Ebonyflame was fighting Echo the black-haired ethereal spirit.

"So, you how was your fight with Lord Ruin?" Sierra attentively asked as she refrained from the battle for a second hoping Kobra would answer her. "Hmm…Let me think…" Kobra rubs her chin. "What I remembered the most was I was about to win. But he used hmm… what was it again? Supreme Overlord?"

Sierra blushed as she smiled in excitement. "How wonderful! To think you had the opportunity to see one of his strongest. Yet, how are you still here?" She asked a bit doubtful.

"Lord Death saved me! Before he completed his attack. He then destroyed Ruin's offshoot as it disappeared into fragments of magical energy."

"I see so you did face my lord yet not his 'real' self. But it is still worthy of praise." Sierra said.

"Are we gonna keep talking or are we gonna continue this fight?" Kobra said while she conjured up two water blades. Sierra on the other hand raises her magical energy output as bluish mana appears to cover her.

0