Neoshiro Grand Ceremony
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Check Check 1 2 3. Mic Check!" I tested the mic in the central city of Neoshiro.

"There are quite a bunch more people here than usual!" Kobra, Vice Chief of Umbral Fighters, spoke to me surprisedly.

Quite a crowd was watching the grand opening ceremony of my friend's newly acquired region. Kobra's words made me feel that something was not right. But, I have heard from the NPCs that usually, when he delivers a speech, there are not this many people around. I don't want to assume, but do these people gather here because they liked my speech better or perhaps think I was less aggressive?

"Cough...Cough... Let's begin," I said in an expressionless voice.

***

Unlike usual, The Demon King of Revival that day spoke in a rather serious tone.

"The Death of The White Elf Leader, Zuatha Il Zikmel... meant that the Primordial Kingdom holds the right to reconstitute this land as our own under the condition of winning the war."

"On this day, I, The Demon King of Revival, announced this region to be reinstated as Neoshiro, the city of interspecies community. The resources available here will be managed by the Primordial Kingdom."

"Citizens who fail to cooperate without a doubt will be 'erased.' So the remaining elf citizens who despised living with other races feel free to move out of the region by next month. If you persist in living here without following our rules. Then don't blame us if we erase you indiscriminately."

The Demon King of Revival spoke. Unlike his other speeches, this one showed his dark side as the Demon King. Even though his name is titled 'Revival,' his acts were still those of a Demon King. Expecting him to be more lenient compared to The Demon King of Death can be seen as they are playing the good cop and bad cop strategy.

Yet, since he is alone here, he has no choice but to be the bad cop to keep order.

"To commemorate this event, I would like to present you all with a special performance."

Ten people entered the spotlight of the Demon King. They were all wearing cuffs and chains. I couldn't guess whether they were enslaved people or hostages.

Does this demon king want to explain how he had captured them?

"This is the royal family of the white elves. To be precise, they are the remaining family of Zuatha Il Zikmel."

Is he going to...?

The Demon King of Revival leaned to one of the hostages. He put the mic he held onto a male elf and asked, "Will you, as the representative of The Royal Family, hail in my presence as your new ruler?"

"Go f*k yourself," The male elf replied.

"Figures"

SHRSTT

The head of the male elf was severed and fell to the ground where the participants were currently standing. 

"HYAAAA!!!"

Screams can be heard from the crowds and the other family members who were still on the stage.

I clenched my fist, knowing how powerless I was in front of the power of this Demon King. The Demon King of Revival held his hand to the sky, signaling the crowd to be silent. After a few seconds, the crowd began to be quiet again as he touched the neck of his victim, who was missing a head.

"Heal"

Suddenly, jolts of light were injected into the veins of the victim's neck as the nervous system came out of the headless neck like strings, constructing new connections that slowly turned into flesh and regenerated the head that had been severed.

With a flick of his finger, The victim's head became whole and alive again. The male elf pants roughly.

If anyone suffered the fate of losing a head only to be revived like that, their reactions would probably be the same.

"This is the power of a Demon King. This is my power. If any of you need more convincing, should I kill all of these people here only to revive them later so you all could know that I have no limits?"

The crowd was silent.

No one can give a response.

"KILL HIM AGAIN MY DEMON KING!!" A man screamed from the crowd.

"THAT MAN! HE ABUSED ME AND MY FAMILY! THEY KEPT US AS SLAVES JUST BECAUSE WE ARE FROM THE HUMAN RACE!"

"THAT WOMAN OVER THERE ALSO TREATS US LIKE S**T, GREAT DEMON KING! SHE MADE US FARM AND WORK IN THE FIELDS FOR HER FAMILY!"

Soon, many people who were previously slaves of the royal family started to encourage this 'performance' from the Demon King of Revival.

In this sense, one could argue that this is the karma for the royal white elf family for kidnapping low-status races for their own. No one would argue on that matter. Yet, I could not help but feel this was cruel to show in public.

"Why should I do it?"

The Demon King of Revival said with a cold gaze. His aura spread out to the crowd making them all silent.

"Why not do it yourselves?"

He asked the crowd.

"You. What is your name?" His hand pointed at one of the people in the crowd, who was a plain-looking man wearing a torn outfit, and scars of abuse were noticeable on his body.

"I--I am...Adi..."

"Mr. Adi. You said you were abused by these people. Why not do it yourself? Why don't you torcher them yourselves?"

"Because... I am just a human... I don't particularly have talent in magic to oppose them...my great lord." He bowed to the ground.

The Demon King of Revival then opened his right hand as bluish flame-like particles were emitting magical energy. "Would you like the power to take hold of your justice?" The Demon King offered.

"My great demon king! What is this?" The man asked in awe.

"I can give you the power to take your revenge. To bring your justice. "

"I... I can have this power?"

"Would you refuse? Or would you use it to take vengeance upon the injustice given to you, Adi?"

That Demon King! I can't believe he is resorting to this kind of tactic.

Unconsciously, I gritted my teeth, and my expression was no longer fit for an observer. If anyone saw me now, they would know I am no ordinary person in the crowd. How can I resist my anger instinct, though?

How can I see this Demon King using power as propaganda to turn people into demons?

Adi accepted the power the demon king gave as his body was burned by the bluish flames. What came out of that flame was no longer the same man we once saw before. Adi's body had grown larger; he was now 6'7. His skin turned to porcelain, and his eyes were enticing. A pair of horns were visible on the head.

"Now run wild and give the person of your choosing your justice!"

Adi took the previously survived male elf, dragged him across the stage, and decided to step on him.

Kick after kick was endured by the male elf as the other family members screamed, asking for mercy from Adi. However, the torment was far from finished. Adi conjured flames on his hands as he burnt the hair of the male elf.

S**t, I can't watch this any longer.

I must do something.

"Interesting spectacle, is it not... Mr. Hero," I heard someone whisper to my ears.

As I reflexively turned to my right, I saw a man wearing a black trenchcoat and a white eye mask.

"No need to talk out loud. You can speak by using your mind with me."

Suddenly, A sound was heard in my head even though this man wasn't even moving his mouth. Though, I am also quite experienced in this mode of communication. This doesn't surprise me too much.

"Who are you?" 

"My name is Ruin. I am the overseer of the world."

"Ruin? That is the name of The Master of Ebon Heralds? What in the hell are you doing here?"

"I am overseeing. It does not matter whether this event is a propaganda or not. If it is exciting, I'll gladly attend any event, even if invited or not."

"You bastard. You say you are the overseer of the world. Yet the Ebon Heralds had never acted according to what the United Front strategized!"

United Front was the organization made up to counter the aggression of the Primordial Kingdom. It is composed of almost all races except demon folk, yet some questioned whether they are doing a good job or not.

"From the beginning. Assuming we would cooperate with a defective organization like the United Front was wrong. We don't align ourselves with people titled heroes of justice or even who titled themselves as the villains."

"You...."

"In contrast, how do you feel as a Hero of the United Front? You can claim to have meetings to save the world in your organization all day, but what say you about the reality, where elves brought back slavery towards other races?"

"That's...."

Slavery was gone for a long time ago in the human continent. Yet, ever since the world of Spirits, Fey, and Demi-human crashed into each other. The act of enslaving people somehow was considered okay again because it was a tradition of the elven kind.

"How does a hero act while they face this kind of injustice? Who shall they support? I am itching to hear your answer."

"I can't answer that... But I know one thing... That no race is perfect. They all commit atrocities and have different cultures.!"

"Then the act of antagonizing the demon folk will be unjustified because-"

"Yet, we should always strive for coexistence through the United Front! We need to maintain peace!"

"Hahahaha. Amusing. Then revel in your regret as The Demon King kills more and more white elves because of their loss in the war. If lives that are lost are worth towards peace surely you won't feel any regret losing them right?"

As Ruin spoke that last sentence through telepathy, My eyes once again turned to the crowds and saw that all of the victims were now abused by the crowd of people that are now turned into demon-folk. The white elf hostages were screaming in pain as they endured the physical abuse given by their previous slaves.

"People of The United Front are a bunch of cowards who hide behind their heroes. So do what they asked you to do. Stay there and be an observer. Watch the sufferings of those elf folk. Surely you will gain something. Dear Hero"

***

The Royal White Elf family was swarmed by the crowd, not just the ones given demonic blood by The Demon King of Revival but the crowd watching. Then the Demon King of Revival smirked. He raised his left arm to the side as a sudden burst of light entered the crowd. The artifact, Sword of Light, was now clashing with The Demon King of Revival.

"So, that intense aura was you..." The Demon King of Revival said.

"DIE! YOU MONSTER!" A man screamed angrily while trying to strike down his blade at the Demon King.

"Yet. We shall not fight here."

The Demon King of Revival holds the sword of light using only his right hand. He pushed the blade as the man went flying to the sky.

FWOOSH!

"Rejoice! Rejoice to Demon King Empire! All Hail The Demon Kings!" Kobra, the vice chief of the Umbral Fighters, spoke. The crowd all kneeled to the ground while rejoicing on the Demon King.

"Loyal Subjects Fear Not. You are in my care. Obey me, and the rest will not be of any problem."

That was the last word he said before disappearing almost instantly. In a split second, he was now in the sky overseeing the grass plains far from the Neoshiro region. The Demon King of Revival saw the man who attempted to strike him down, crashing to the ground from his slight push. The man's agony could be heard just by his constant pants and painful moan.

"Well. Well. Well."

The Demon King of Revival drops to the ground while strolling towards the man.

"My Lord, I believe this one is called Junos..." An armored female knight with blonde hair appeared, kneeling towards the Demon King.

"Junos. Hero of United Front. I never thought you people would use cheap tactics such as this to assassinate a Demon King. Not that it would work anyway."

"You...bastard..."

"Let's see... I am on a tight schedule today. So, Lunalight, please substitute for me in thrashing him."

The female knight rose and replied, "Understood, Lord Revival."

"Then, I'll see you again if we have a chance."

"WAIT! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME! YOU SON OF A B***"

As the Demon King of Revival disappeared almost instantly, the hero known as Junos was at the mercy of Lunalight. It hadn't occurred to him yet, but the instant he finished his curse, his tongue was already fenced gracefully into the shape of the diamond.

The power of those trusted by The Demon King was no joke.

Instead, Junos felt as if he was the joke here.

He was sure of his so-called justice and made an impulsive move to fight this Demon King alone.

He thought to himself. What the hell was he trying to achieve by going in blindly like this?

0