Are You Ready For My Show?
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's start your ruination!" 

BOOM!

Lunalight crashed onto the ground of the grass plains. Her armor was now dirty, as was her hair. Not long ago, she managed to apprehend Junos, the Hero of United Front. Yet, The Master of The Ebon Heralds abruptly made a mess out of her.

She gritted her teeth as she manifested another blade made out of light in her right arm. Rising from the ground, she used her blade as a supporting cane.

"Oya oya~ Limping are we?" Ruin said with a smile. He was standing before her with two blue blades made out of magical energy. "At least you were as expected to be. I figure you would lay down a bit longer, but you seem like a rather interesting toy for me to play with."

Lunalight didn't answer; her eyes were just staring at Ruin.

"Oya~ Oya~ cat, get your tongue?" Ruin said. "If you are so keen on fighting back. At the very least, do it seriously. Like that move where you summon a bunch of admirable weapons!"

Though she wants to do it again. Lunalight's Countless Armament wastes a lot of mana for her. Doing so excessively while also in Valkyrie form will put her life energy on the line. If not for the constraints given to her by her creator, she would've gambled her life away this second.

Lunalight coughed as she lost her balance a bit.

My mana is almost at my limit.

But I can still fight.

My head... Still attached.

My arms...are weak, yet they can still hold a blade.

I can still fight.

"I guess you people, particularly NPCs, don't know the meaning of pointless." Ruin shakes his head.

"Pointless may be. Yet, I will still fight even if I have no chance. That is my duty as a Warlord."

"Do you really think your master cares for you? You are incredibly naive!" Ruin said.

"I may be naive, but I would rather die fighting than to falter to anyone. That choice isn't governed by my master's order. Rather, that has always been my principle!"

"I finally got in! Huaaa, that was annoying!" The voice of a woman was heard.

Then, a woman wearing a black jumpsuit with purple stripes strolled towards Lunalight. Her hair was frizzy like the waves of the sea, which complemented her pastel blue hair color. "Lord Revival's Dimensional Field is really something else!" She spoke before letting out a big sigh.

"Did he send you, Kobra?" Lunalight asked.

"Of course he did! Did you really think he would take risks? It's just I was supposed to come earlier. However, entering his dimensional field was harder than I thought!" Kobra said.

Dimensional Field. A term in which Lord Revival can create or turn a certain area into theirs to control. It might be the same with Lord Death's Wilderness, but I don't know since no one besides the Demon Kings had ever entered there.

Lunalight suddenly felt refreshed. Her head looks towards Kobra, who is using her recovery magic.

"Wow! Is that guy really that strong? Your mana is so low!"

"I can still fight!" Lunalight said as she blushed.

"No. Let's do this together."

In a split second, Ruin was already in front of Kobra. He swung her blade onto her and...

BFFT!

His two swords sliced her body in two. The torso and the bottom.

"Are you kidding me?! I am still talking here!" 

Yet, the woman was unfazed by the attack.

Ruin instinctively stepped back as he saw the torso of that woman get attached back to her bottoms. 

"An oceanid, huh?" Ruin spoke to Kobra.

"Wow, you are well-versed in interspecies knowledge!"

"I appreciate the compliment," Ruin replied.

"I am gonna pay you back for Unit B!" Kobra opened her mouth, revealing her canines.

"All you people do is talk! Don't let me down, Kobra!" Ruin smiled back, showing a crazed expression.

Kobra conjured up two blades made out of water magic. She held the blades as if she was holding an oversized carambit around 80 centimeters each. Lunging in nearly an instant after manifesting her weapons, Kobra launched her first strike at Ruin.

The water blade on her right was pointed at Ruin as it elongated like a stream of water aiming towards Ruin's chest. 

BFUUH!

Ruin punches the incoming water blade as bluish sparks appear at impact. The focused stream of water now dispersed around him.

FYUITT!!

But at the moment they dispersed, the water switched back their course onto Ruin's body like a homing missile. The water projectile pierced Ruin's upper body. As he retreated backward.

"Geehihihi," Kobra laughed, looking at her waterblade that pierced her opponent's upper body.

Though Mana Flash is powerful, the sparks of Mana Flash itself are only suitable if it hits a medium it can damage. Using it in a medium like water or air can hardly affect or damage the medium itself and may only make it disperse.

After a not-so-long observation of his advances, Ruin had already concluded one thing.

This woman is a natural enemy of Mana Flash.

Kobra, Vice Chief of the Umbral Fighters, is Mana Flash's natural enemy. Oceanids are fey creatures that can manipulate their body into water-like properties, not to mention their impeccable control over water magic.

Unlike Lunalight's Light magic, in which she turns light into tangible objects, Ruin had no chance of just striking her attacks down using Mana Flash.

"Hehehe. What fun!"

Ruin discarded his black trenchcoat. As it crashed to the ground, a loud thump was heard. Without asking, everyone on the battlefield would already know the trenchcoat he had worn must have weighed more than 1 ton.

Sparks of bluish magical energy appeared around him as he formed his two magical energy blades again. But this time, another blade could be seen floating beside him.

"Hidden Technique: Berserker Style," Ruin said.

"Berserker style?" Lunalight was surprised to hear what he had said.

"Uwagh! You have got no sense in naming!" Kobra spat.

"Are you ready for my show?"

With that, Ruin lunged forward to Kobra while she did the same. Kobra extended her sword again towards Ruin, intending to do the same tactics. But this time, two blades at once. As it got near Ruin, he positioned his blades to parry them in, forming an 'X'

"You never learn, do you?" Kobra spoke as her blade hit Ruin's upper body.

BFUTT!!!

The water crashed to the ground.

Kobra's body was split into four pieces. Her head and arms were flying while her body remained.

"Cih. An afterimage?"

Ruin moved faster than before, causing the afterimage to appear, making Kobra's attack miss.

"I know one cut won't kill you, but how about a thousand cuts?"

As Ruin moved his blades again towards Kobra's body, he heard a chant.

"Light was the source and will always be the source."

"I see.. not only do you heal wounds, but also mana? You got interesting abilities, Kobra!" Ruin shouted as he looked at Kobra's flying head.

"Ehe!" Kobra giggled.

"COUNTLESS ARMAMENT!!" Lunalight finished chanting, summoning down a rain of weapons toward Kobra and Ruin. Any hit done to Kobra won't mean anything, yet for Ruin, perhaps it would be troublesome.

The Master of Ebon Heralds evades the incoming strikes gracefully. He abandons the thought of chasing after Kobra and makes his way through the rain of weapons to Lunalight, still casting her technique.

She looked at Ruin, who was progressing and getting closer to her, but somehow, she didn't react. Her eyes firmly locked on the man evading her weapons seemingly without effort.

Ruin gets closer and closer as he opens his right hand and conjures up a black orb. The residue of Lunalight's weapon was getting sucked into this orb.

Closing the distance, Ruin was approximately 2 meters away from Lunalight. At that moment, Lunalight swiftly moved her hands and manifested her bow of light, aiming it at Ruin, who was coming towards her.

"Luminous Arrow!" She said.

Behind Ruin, Kobra was also aiming her attack at him. "Water Waster!" Torrents of water flowed from her water blades as it will soon crash onto Ruin.

But Ruin did not fret.

In fact, he was smiling.

He opened his mouth and said.

"Supreme Overloa-"

BRUTT!!!!!

Suddenly, blood was everywhere.

"RUPTURE"

A voice echoed in the grass plain.

0