Chapter 44
650 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We walked for a long time and seemed to be going in circles. I thought we were going to be led astray by Celi, but the guild office was in sight ahead of us. She was now quite trustworthy.

She confessed that she used to bring tourists to be blackmailed. The shops she visited also cooperated with her. She profited from people's ignorance of prices.

Moreover, Celi gathered slum gangs to confront and frighten the tourists at the end of the day. Though she didn't get anyone killed, Celi's antics couldn't get any worse. If she had been caught, she and her gang would have gotten jailed for a long time.

Luckily, she can now atone for her sins by becoming our slave. This is better than being a real slave who is known for doing shameful things. At least I didn't ask her to do anything weird.

"We're here, nyaa"

The building that had the signboard 'Fragate Adventurer's Union' had three floors. Although it was not as tall as other buildings, its appearance was quite luxurious. The building materials looked well-maintained and clean. This building is located in the middle of the city.

"The building is quite grand"

"I think it's the same as the others"

"Ricardo! Ricardo! Nyaa!"

Celi immediately ran over to the man who had just come out of the guild building.

"What's wrong Celi? And who are they?"

"Let me introduce you. This is my master, nyaa"

"Master?"

"Ops! She is the tourist I am guiding, nyaa. I call her master and her name is Mrs. Myranda. She wants to enter the guild, nyaa"

This tall, blonde-haired, and well-built man carried a large sword on his back. Other than his strikingly handsome face, his expression was flat.

"This is Rose, the younger sister. And let me introduce my friend, Ricardo. He's an adventurer, nyaa"

"I just joined to pass the time. I'm not a real adventurer"

"So where do you get the money if you don't work as an adventurer, nyaa"

Then this man looked at the necklace around Celi's neck but he did not comment on it.

"Alright, if you'll excuse me"

"Take care, nyaa"

"Goodbye and good luck"

"Thank you."

After that we continued walking into the guild building.

"Ricardo is handsome, isn't he? Yes. But unfortunately, he never looks at women, nyaa"

"He seems like a professional adventurer"

"He's just an ordinary adventurer, nyaa"

"Really? I thought he looked like he was experienced"

"Don't judge by the outside, nyaa"

We reached the building and were greeted by a bustling atmosphere. Inside, many people were chatting while enjoying a meal. The guild building also doubles as a bar on the other floor.

We quickly entered and headed to the second floor where the reception was located. All the adventurers' business is on this floor and the top floor is used by the upper management.

All you need to bring to register for guild membership is your royal membership card but here you can also make it as an adventurer's membership card. Of course, everything will be checked first whether the person has a criminal record or is currently a fugitive. All of that was recorded in the kingdom's administrative data using magic.

The reception was fortunately quiet. We could do our business right away. There were only a few people who seemed to be huddled in front of a board that said ‘Quest’.

"Welcome to the guild! How can I help you- Oh you're Celi. What's wrong?"

"My good friend Henna! This is Mrs. Myranda. She wants to sign up to be an adventurer, nyaa"

"Greetings, Mrs. Myranda. May I have your identification card?"

"Just call me Myra. I'm sorry but I don't have one. I live far from outskirt"

"Very well. We will validate your identity for a moment before we start the test. Mrs. Myra can bring your face here for a moment to check with the magic device. It won't take long"

"But I'm not the only one who wants to apply. My sister, Rose wants to do it too"

"Alright. Miss Rose can also come here for a while. After this you can wait for the results in the lobby"

After Rose and I were examined using this magic scanner-like device, we had to wait a few minutes before we could start the initial adventurer test.

"Thank you for waiting. The results are out and you can proceed to the next session. Mrs. Myra and Miss Rose, please follow me into the room"

We immediately entered a room that had magic tools. There was a table with a cloudy white crystal ball on it. Next to it was also an object that looked like a punching bag.

First, we did a magic test. We put our hands on the orb and it would reveal the color corresponding to the level of magic ability.

"Whoa... Mrs. Myra you are very talented in magic! Could you be a famous witch in disguise?"

"I assure you no. I'm just lucky to have enough mana"

"Then you are a talented person. Indeed, we are very happy to have you on board"

For Rose she only showed a little magic sensitivity. Even so, she was better than average. It's different from me having my system that I have an absolute advantage.

"Don't be discouraged, my little princess"

"I'm fine"

"Look. We still have a strength test. Maybe that's your superiority"

The strength test or physical test is simpler. We just need to hit the punching bag with all our might. Then the final result of this test can be decided immediately.

Of course with my body, I will get a high score. I don't know about the others but looking at Henna's shocked expression, this is not a common one.

Then Rose also did the same thing only she was slightly below me. I reduced my power a bit so that we wouldn't be too far apart. If I use full power, I think this tool will be damaged and it will look too conspicuous. New adventurers are not for showing off.

"Thanks to those of you who took the test. After discussing with the guild manager, we have decided to delay granting membership"

"What do you mean Henna? Did they not pass?"

"It's not like that. They are outstanding. But we also want to do a final test"

"What should we do?"

"We will give you a mission to exterminate the rat monsters in the sewer. It's a quest for beginners too but we need you to complete this first. If you succeed, we will give you a rank increase from the adventurer's starting rank"

"Really?!"

"That's right Celi. They can be promoted immediately"

"You're lucky, ma'am! To be promoted requires a 3-month and of course you have to complete the quests first. But this could be your chance!"

"You don't need to worry. If you fail, your membership will still be granted. It's just that opportunities like this are rare. And the rat hunt will probably be very easy for you and the completion time will be three days from now"

"Do you want to start working right away Rose?"

"I always follow you, big sis"

"Okay, I agree"

"Thank you! And for proof of completion, you can just bring their ear pieces"

"Alright we'll leave right away"

"Be careful on the way. I wish you good luck"

We immediately went to the location of the hunt. The sewer under the city wasn't very deep and the entrance was near a slum. The soldiers was guarding the gate.

Before we got there, we passed a house where many small children were playing. Celi said this was a famous daycare center in town.

Some adventurers are parents and leave their children here when they work. The location is also near the guild office and looks safe.

Jimmy, who I was carrying, kept looking at them. Maybe he should play with children of a similar age. Although that's a little untrue, since his body is bigger than his age.

"Do you want to go there?"

"Let’s go! Come on mama!"

"But mama's got work to do. Do you want me to leave you there for a while? I'll pick you up in the afternoon"

"No-no. Jimmy doesn't want to be separated from mommy"

From inside the house, we saw someone coming towards us.

"I'm sorry. What business do you have here?"

This beautiful young woman was holding a beautiful girl.

"Beautiful..."

"Oh thank you little handsome"

"You already know which is pretty, don't you?"

"Mama! Mama! I want to be held by this beautiful sister!"

"Eh?"

"Looks like your son is very excited ma'am. Excuse me, I'm Quinny the nanny of the children in this place"

"...Jimmy, calm down… I'm Myranda. Can this place accommodate one more child?"

"Of course there is”

"I will be prepared for any fee"

"Thank you."

"Now do you want to be left here? But I'm not coming"

"Yes! I want to be with beautiful sister!"

"Just a minute ago you don't want to be left. You little brat”

***

 

16