Chapter 48
464 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where? Hick..."

"You really brought a priest? She looks like someone who lost a gamble last night"

"It's true, nyaa! I asked the church for help and she was recommended for this task. Although I've never dealt with them but I heard she's a pro at exorcism, nyaa"

"Urggh... Urg-ouuuurrggh!"

'Vomit'

"Yikes!"

"Let's just exchange it for another one!"

"How could he get drunk on this hot afternoon?"

"Uwaahhh! What a relief! Where is the place?"

"It's right in front of you. Didn't you see it?"

"Oh! What a big old house. It's very famous in this town, hick…"

"Are you really from the church?"

"Are you looking down on me? I really am a famous priest in the church. You're wondering why I've become this way, aren't you? Have a drink"

The woman dressed as a priest, who stood staggering, tried to offer the bottle she had been drinking from since leaving the church earlier.

"No thanks"

"No? This is a potion, hick... A mana and energy potion. You know, every potion you encounter in the market is tastes so bad that the church modifies it with extra hick... extra flavor so that it can be drunk easily"

"Let me guess, alcohol isn't it"

"That's right. In addition, hick... holy water is added so that it can neutralize the intoxicating effect"

"Wow so smart but you still look drunk"

"Don’t worry, hick... it's only temporary"

"Could it be that after this we'll be charged by the hour services? And there must also be bonuses and penalties, right?"

"Of course, hick... When we work there must be an agreed-upon reward. There's no way the church will run without funds coming in, hick..."

"I'm starting to doubt whether we're really asking the church for help"

"Yosha! Since I heard my target is this place then I should have extra preparations. Let's go in, I guarantee it won't take long. I'll lead you!"

Creeek...

The door, which looked like it was about to collapse, made a squeaking sound when it was first opened.

"Look. There's nothing there isn't? Just trust this professional-"

'I warned you!

A second later, my vision went dark and I felt like I was being blown away.

**

"...And I guarantee it won't take long?! It won't be long you say!"

"The Lord of the Gods and Goddesses is the protector of purity. Who guards all His people-“

‘No new quest message? Or is this not related to the system like before?'

[Appraisal!]

[Curious Ghost Hanging Lv.2]

[Curious Ghost Burning Lv.2]

[Curious Ghost of Murder Victim Lv.3]

...

"Hurry up! Hurry up!"

"Shut up! Argghh! I forgot what else!"

"Let's just run right now!"

"The one who was sent- kyaaa! Ghost with a severed head! Ghost on fire! Shit! Shit!"

"Save yourself!"

It had been an hour since we entered this house and now we were experiencing strange events. After entering the door of the house, we suddenly changed places and found ourselves in a strange place.

When I first got here, I couldn't find anyone and I guess we got scattered. The room I found was a large, poorly lit kitchen. The whole room was a mess but I could feel that this place was still inside a haunted house.

From the outside, the house, or it be more appropriately called this mansion does have a large building. The surrounding land is quite large as yards and courtyards make it even more magnificent. By looking at the architectural style, it is possible that this was once occupied by a nobleman. That's if you don't count the damage and the abandoned atmosphere.

According to Celi's story, this place is haunted and many people have tried to occupy it but they couldn't stay for long. Many strange incidents have happened to the owners that almost led to murder. But I'm not afraid of them. As long as I have the two of them, this thing will be solved. Besides, who wouldn't want to buy a property like this with just a few coins?

After using the Blood trait and party skills, I was able to figure out the location of the others but it became increasingly vague. I had to quickly find them before the ghosts found us. Yes, the ghosts that had been transparent were now tangible and I guess we had entered their world.

In the kitchen, I didn't find anything but as soon as I heard the sound of screaming, I went straight to it. It turned out that after I approached, it was the priest's voice screaming in fear because she was being chased by ghosts.

Then we hid in a storage room for quite a while but the ghosts had found us. The crowd of ghosts had a creepy form chasing us and now we had to find another place.

"Attack them! Attack them!"

"Huh-huh... you're a priest aren't you, where's the ability to defeat the dead? Defeat them immediately!"

"I can't! I can't! The holy ability does not affect them now!"

'Mama'

'What?!'

'The black cat faints after seeing ghosts'

'Celi? Take her and don't let anything happen, we still need her’

'You can attack them now. The ghost's true form can be attacked using physical attacks' 

'Really- Oh! I forgot to pay attention to them!'

'But you must purify their souls so they don't come back. The priest is with you, isn't she? Work with her. I and the others will lead them to you’

"I'll give it a try"

Fortunately, my skills and items could still be used for the current situation. I tried using a lightning attack using a mana-coated sword.

It only took a few slashes and then back away from the ghost. I saw clearly that all my attacks could hit them.

I blindly attacked them again. They tried to counter me but I was faster. One slash of my mana could split two to three of them. I guess they're pretty easy when they're not transparent.

They didn't back down at this situation and continued to head towards me. Sure enough, the pile of corpses I had chopped up earlier returned slowly intact and I saw the soul core among them.

"Now!"

"Huh? What?! You didn't tell me what to do!"

"Now purify their souls! Now your attacks can hit them!"

"Oh-oh okay"

The Priest immediately recited a prayer which in an instant brought forth a holy light from her body. From quite a distance away, several ghostly souls coming out of the corpses began to burn and disappear.

"This is effective! I can do it!"

"Don't be happy yet. Finish them all and then we can be safe"

"You're right... huh-huh, this is quite tiring"

We repeated this extermination activity. It didn't take long for all the ghosts to disappear and not show up again. Then I checked around to see if any more would come but I guess it was over here.

"You look pale"

"The use of holy power also requires mana. Nothing is free even if you ask the goddess, huh..."

"Rest for a while. I think we're safe now. Here we will wait for the others to come"

"Where is this? I heard this house was haunted but it's not what I thought"

"It's like a hall room. It's quite spacious, but as messy as the outside"

"Look, isn't it like moonlight? It's not like we came in here during the day. I don't know if this is getting any weirder"

"Does the church often deal with ghost problems too?"

"Often but not like attacking the nest like this. The dead must be purified so that they don't become zombies. Even though it rarely happens, it's better to give them a proper burial than to dump them in the middle of the forest"

"Really? I just found that out"

"Just watch out if I don't get a bonus. After this, I want to go to a bar for a drink. Hah! It should be a lot of fun"

"You don't sound like a member of the church"

"Mama!"

"Who?"

"My daughter. We're back in business"

"What?"

The door to the front corridor flew open violently as if it was about to burst open and the others came running towards us. They were followed from behind by an even larger horde of ghosts than before.

"Run! Run!"

"Big sis! I'm scared!"

"Isn't that... Shit!"

"You will be the protagonist here"

"Goddess help me. This servant of yours can't stand your trials anymore. No- I want to die!"

"You want to die and be like them?"

"The only place for me is in heaven! I really am a good person, ya see!"

"Whatever it is, and hurry up and say your prayers"

"Mia! I'm Mia!"

"What do you mean by introducing yourself at this time?"

"If I die here please don't let my name disappear. I want everyone in town to recognize me as a hero! No- wait! I don't want to die just yet! I'm still curious about sex, yes sex! I want to throw away my virginity if it survives! God! Please let me meet a handsome and brave man!"

"Crazy, how can you go to heaven with your words!"

"Let's do it! Let's attack them!"

***

11