Chapter 50
1.3k 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Appraisal!]

[Red-Pines Tree, here lies the guardian of the cursed graveyard]

"This is the tomb of the guardian of this place”

"It seems like the source of this whole incident is here"

"Tomb? Who does it belong to and is the one inside a guardian ghost in this place?"

"I think it is. Mama, what are you looking at?"

"Only this is the tomb of the guardian of this place. There is nothing else. What are we going to do next? Dismantle it?"

"We have to pray for the dead-"

'What are you doing!'

The invisible voice that was first heard appeared again this time. He sounded even clearer.

'Go away you intruders! Leave!'

"That!"

The atmosphere became increasingly tense. The sky suddenly darkened and black clouds began to gather, and form a vortex above us.

A moment later, it formed a terrifying face. It seemed to be the guardian of this tomb.

'You ignorant intruders! I've given you an exit but you continue to cause trouble! Now accept the consequences!"

"Let us out? Weren't we the ones attacked by your companions earlier?”

‘What?! Don't you see the big door that stands out every time I move you?!’

"Oh?"

"Did you know about it, Elene?"

"I tried to detect it and it looked safe but I thought it was a trap, hehe"

'What?! I can't take this anymore! O soldiers of the spirit world, rise!'

Suddenly a chill ran through the air and a light mist began to spread around us.

'Urrrrrgggghhhh...'

'Arrrrghhh...'

From beneath the ground, hands and limbs that appeared to have decomposed appeared. They came out from the tombstones in this garden.

"Ghosts! Undead! I can't take it! I can't!"

"There are so many of them!"

[Light ruling the sky, a great voice command...]

'What are you going to do- huh?'

[...The one who brings destruction, Thundraka!]

The sky became even darker as another enveloping cloud appeared. A lightning-fast light was seen moving from that cloud, and then a dazzling bright light repeatedly fell from the sky, followed by many loud noises.

'What! What is this! What's going on!'

We couldn't see clearly but the lightning struck continuously but never once did it hit us. Elene's magic attack had just been aimed at the ghosts coming out of the ground. The ones that almost came out were also hit and burned. Although many of them still rose from their graves.

"What is this! Goddess bless me! Goddess bless me!"

"Whoa... This sight is amazing"

"You all have nothing to fear. Look, we now have a secret versatile weapon that can defeat anything"

"Of course. Look at the splendor of magic-"

"Elene!"

Before she fell backward, I had already caught her.

"Thank you, Elene"

"I forgot that magic like this can consume my mana"

"Okay come here, I'll replenish it"

"I want to join!"

"Not right now, Micah. We still have enemies out there"

"Calm down. My magic will keep coming out until the enemy is gone. Thankfully, this place is an artificial magic dimension. I made my magic feed on the magic from this dimension to survive. Give me my milk now, mama, I can't take it anymore"

"Looks like I underestimated this little girl. She's really a scary brat"

"The goddess who made it?! The goddess who helped us!"

"It is not, fool. Then what are we going to do with it, sis?"

Above the clouds, there were still the boss who were not affected by the magic attack.

The tomb guardian cloud then gathered and spun like a tornado and descended from above toward the center of the lightning attack. Then after arriving at the bottom, it formed another figure that was really like a ghost. From afar, it looked like a child with shabby clothes.

His appearance was frightening and his aura was powerful.

[Appraisal!]

[Wanderer Ghost Boss: Abused Slave Boy Lv.42]

His gaze was blank but his sharp eyes were fixed on us. He seemed to be angrier than before.

As if unaffected by the massive lightning attack, the guardian ghost walked slowly. It seemed that magic couldn't hit it.

"Stand by! Micah! Rose!"

"God bless! God protect!"

"Hey! What are we going to do afterward?"

"You're right! Another more effective way... Oh! Let's sprinkle holy water on this guardian's tomb. That should purify his soul"

"You have that?"

Priest Mia retrieved the bottles from under her robes.

"It's a good thing I brought them. Let's try it"

We poured the holy water under this pine tree.

"No additional rite?"

"No need. The holy water already contains prayers from the goddess"

We poured a few more bottles until white smoke slowly came out from under the tree.

‘Get out of there!’

"It seems to be working. Look at him starting to smoke too"

The ghostly guardian figure grew impatient and approached us angrily.

"And this is the last one"

"He's just a little smoky? Is this it?"

"Hmm... I think this is too strong. We should go back and get more holy water"

"Good news is that it can't be. You realize our situation don't you?"

"Haha, you're right again. There's no other way but to fight it head on"

'Mama, it looks like physical attacks aren't working against him either'

I picked up the catapult and charged towards the guardian ghost. The iron ball only just missed it. Then I attacked it again by layering mana but the result was the same.

'Huh! Nice try! I'll start with you first, auntie!'

"Looks like physical attacks are still useless"

"He's getting closer sis! What should we do!"

"Calm down. I still have other ways. But I hate enemies that we can't fight directly"

I turned my attention back to the slightly smoking pine tree.

"I don't know if it will work but I'll try"

I took out a few bottles of milk that I had stored and tried to pour a little at a time.

'Arrrgghhh!!! What are you doing! I'm on fire!'

The guardian ghost that was heading this way stopped for an instant and its body started to emit a lot of smoke.

"Looks like it worked. This is even more effective"

"What is it? It's white like milk"

"It is indeed milk"

"Milk?! How could it be more effective than the church's holy water? And how did you get it?"

'I'm burning! I'm burning!'

"I'm kidding. This is highly concentrated holy water and this white color is symbolic of its purity. Do you want to know where I got it? I bought it at a great price from a traveling priest. I don't know where he is but I think he's in another kingdom now"

"Really! I must inform the church of this. It's a must!"

'Please... help me... Arrgggh! Don't do that!'

"Sis, isn't that what you milk from your breasts every day- Ouch!"

"Shut up or I'll leave you here"

I kept pouring milk over the guard's grave. He kept screaming in pain but I didn't care. This tomb that doesn't look like a tomb is getting smoky. I guess my milk is better than the church's holy water or is the holy water just not good enough? I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud.

'Arrrggghh...'

"Look! He's getting more transparent"

"Pour a little more and it looks like he'll be purified"

I poured one last bottle until it ran out. The tomb guard's figure became transparent and then he melted away.

[Congratulations! You've defeated the guardian of the abandoned house tomb!]

[Congratulations! You leveled up]

[Congratulations! You earned 256 Gold]

[Congratulations!...]

...

"What! I got it again! I finally heard something in my head again!"

"What happened?"

"It's nothing. I was just saying congratulations. We did it!"

"I can finally rest. Sister! Give me some food!"

"We haven't finished yet"

"Look around you sis, the ghosts aren't coming out anymore and the magic has stopped"

"I will report this incident to the church immediately. This must be an amazing story! I'll be the hero of this town!"

"Whatever, but don't involve us any further- yes come here, this is yours little man... and we're not out of this place yet either"

"My goddess really cares about me! Thank you goddess, I will always be devoted to you from now on!"

"Didn't you want to go drinking and lose your virginity after get out of this place?"

"What? I don't think I ever said that"

"May you face even greater trials"

"Wow, this is a precious experience for me. I think it's worth celebrating with a drink. Let's all drink with me!"

"Wait, why do you still have that? Did you say you ran out of holy water? You cheater!"

"Hey, something must have a backup. If we can't defeat them, we'll have to fight them for a long time. And of course, this great priest will be very burdened without a mana supply"

"You're just trying to cover up. You really just want to get drunk, don't you? And I guess it's not holy water, it's sin water"

"Gulp- it still tastes good! I really want to-"

"What?"

‘Where is it? Where am I?

"Ghost-ghost!"

***

16