Chapter 2: BATTLE ROYAL! and first dungeon.
128 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ash! Over here!"

Waving to her sister, Willow could see the resemblance to her own character, she was mostly the same only instead of purple horns, she had red, and instead of an armored dress she wore an outfit more suited for speed than safety. Two short swords were sheathed behind her, and a small flame danced in her hand.

"Hey Willow, So did you see the announcement made earlier?"

"No, I was most likely in the middle of that quest I told you about."

"Well, today's the day of the game's first event! I'm glad we began playing today, since we would have missed it otherwise."

"Well what's the event?"

"A Battle Royal! The game calls it Champion's Call, but it's a BR, every player interested in competing must be present at the ancient oak in the middle of town to compete."

"I think I'll join, when does it start?"

"It starts... Oh Fuck in 5 minutes!"

Quickly the two of them got up from their seats in the cafe and ran to the center of town. Hundreds of people gathered in prep for the event, and after reaching just as the timer hit zero, Willow and Ash breathed a sigh of relief. In the sky above the tree, Tiamat the tiny dragon AI began to list the rules.

"Alright Champions! Today I, Tiamat, have called you to fight in my honor for the prize of a rare skill, a pet egg, and 10,000 Dols. Here are the rules.

1. No ultimate skill usage. not that any player here has one.

2. Be courteous, don't shame a player because of inexperience.

and 3. All players will be set to the same level of 5, no matter what level you are outside of the event.

Salutations and Merry Battling!"

***

Finding herself separated from Ash, Willow held her lance and shield in a defensive position, ready for any attack.

"Well hello there little lady, wanna party with me after the event?"

From behind her, a greasy looking man wearing heavy plate mail came walking like he was actually handsome. Disgusted, Willow prepared to attack.

"You hideous pig, no that would be an insult to pigs, you hideous creature, I am a Holy Paladin, I only party with the righteous and the worthy, and you are not worthy."

"You damn succubus, I'll kill you and make you mine, I am one of Tiamat's champions."

Her berserker trait activating, Willow felt her body grow stronger, as her skin toke a reddish hue.

"Heroic Charge!"

"Knight's Slash!"

As their attacks hit, Willow's boosted attack through the sword out of the perverted knight's hand, and her lance punched a hole through his stomach.

"You bitch... I'll get you someday, and you'll be begging to serve me."

"No, no I won't, you monster."

As the knight's body turned into dust, Willow spotted a large battle happening in the distance, and with a devilish smile on her face sprinted in that direction.

[New Trait discovered: Battle Junkie: The larger or harder the battle, the more powerful you become. Boosts ATK, DEF, PER, and SPD when surrounded by enemies or against an enemy 5 levels higher than you.]

"Perfect! Now Heroic Charge X10!"

Never even knowing who killed them, 10 of the maybe 30 combatants fell to the ground with holes through their chest. Seeing this new enemy, every other player began to focus on Willow, who just felt both berserker and Battle Junkie activate. Trying out her new lightning magic, Willow imbued her Lance with purple lightning, and got into a defensive stance.

"Who's this chick?"

"I don't know but she interrupted our battle, let's kill her!"

"Combo Skill, Storm God's Calvary X20!"

Suddenly in a flash of thunder, Willow disappeared, before reappearing in the same spot. With a smirk, the fighters then began to taunt her.

"Hahaha! Did this chick just miss her attack? What is she blind or somethin-Hrk!"

Suddenly in every player besides Willow a hole appeared in a random place on their body, some were lucky and had their heads destroyed instantly, while others began to bleed out on the floor because no vital organs had been hit. One player in particular saw one last glimpse of Willow, and was only able to utter three words in response before her boot caved in his skull.

"Godd...ess of T-Thunder..."

"Ugh I got blood on my shoes. Well time to find the next battle!"

Channeling lightning into her legs, Willow began to run at light speeds in search of her next fight.

***

As two players walked through the forest in search of players to kill, they began talking about the most recent news on the forums.

"Hey, have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Apparently there's a player people call the Goddess of Thunder, cause whenever she arrives in a fight, every other player is killed before they can even see her face, all we know is she has black hair, is a demon, can use lightning magic, and uses a spear."

"Do you really believe that stuff, it sounds fake, or like someone who's just bad making themselves seem better by making up a stronger person."

"Oh no it's real alright, someone got a screenshot of her back, and their rumors of a similar player roaming these parts called the Goddess of Fire, like the Thunder Goddess we've never seen her face, but we do know that she looks similar to the Thunder Goddess only with red horns and instead of some kind of knight she's a rogue who dual wields short swords."

"Really? Huh the more you know Hrk!"

"Huh? Dave? Dave!?"

Hearing rustling from behind him, the spearman held his weapon ready, and began looking around the place. However, when he looked behind him, he found the charred corpse of his companion slowly turning into dust.

"Dave?"

*Crack!*

"Who's there, I'll have you know I'm number 50 on the world leaderboards!?"

*Rustle*

"Show yourself Hrk! Who..."

As the man turned around to see his killer, what he saw shook him to his core. Holding two short swords was a woman in a cropped jacket and shorts shorts wearing an oni mask with the japanese kanji for fire on the forehead of the mask. Her long spear tipped tail was stabbed through his chest and he watched as she then lit it on fire.

"Fire... Goddess..."

"That's right, and don't forget it."

*Fwoom!*

Pulling her tail out of the man's corpse, Ash removed the mask she had bought before meeting Willow, it had the special effect of inflicting the fear debuff when someone looked into the eyes of the mask.

"So we both earned a reputation huh Willow?"

Unzipping the tight jacket, Ash let her massive tits out of their bindings, when hunting players it was better to have it zipped, but she had made most player in the area start to avoid her hunting grounds.

[New Skill Learned: Flames of Hate: Thrust a part of your body through the chest of your target and set it ablaze burning the body to ash.

New Title Earned: Goddess Of Fire, Ash: Given to the player who earned a reputation as a ruthless Goddess of Fire and Punishment.(Developer Note: Congrats on becoming a God title holder, you are one of three, The Goddess Of Fire, The Goddess Of Thunder, and The Goddess Of Water.)

Only Three Players left alive! The Champions Call has been answered! You got Third Place behind (Willow Coldsteel) and (Sakura Springwaters) Your reward is a Rare Skill Scroll, Pet Egg, and 10,000 Dols, Spend them well!]

"Heh I wonder what Willow's reaction to the announcement is."

***

[New Skill Learned: Lightning Goddess' Descent: Imbue your lance/spear with lightning and charge through your enemy, deals bonus damage to evil aligned beings.

New Title Earned: Goddess Of Thunder, Willow: Given to the player who struck fear into the hearts of her enemies and earned a cult following of NPC's.(Developer Note: We Didn't plan for some of our NPC AI's to suddenly start worshipping you and are fixing it, you're one of three god title players, The Goddess Of Fire, The Goddess Of Thunder, And the Goddess Of Water.

Titles, Goddess Of Thunder, Willow and Holy Order General have fused into Goddess Of Storms, Willow.

Only Three Players Alive! The Champions Call has been answered! You got Second Place behind (Sakura Springwaters) Your reward is a Rare Skill Scroll, Pet Egg, and 10,000 Dols, Spend them Well!]

"Awww... It's over... but I was having fun..."

Now sitting on the floor pouting, Willow looked like a child who didn't get to have a cookie, Her arms folded against her chest and her legs crossed.

"I wonder who got third? Whoa!"

***

Suddenly back in the town in the same place she started the event, Ash was standing next to her and hugging her. In the air above the center of town, a massive screen appeared, Tiamat floating above it.

"Listen up! Here are the event highlights, First we have our First place winner, Goddess of Water Sakura Springwaters!"

*The crowd begins to cheer excitedly.*

The screen then turns to the pov cam of a mysterious water mage, who had an entire area constantly flooded, which killed over 300 players.

"Now for our Second place winner, Goddess of Thunder Willow Coldsteel!"

*The crowd cheers weakly, not very excited to see such embarrassing deaths*

The screen then turned to the Pov cam of Willow, and how she dispatched all enemies she saw killing a total of 268 players.

"Next our Third place winner and Goddess Of Fire, Ash Coldsteel!"

*Crickets chirp and a player coughs*

Now the screen was from Ash's Pov, showing how she kept an entire area under her control, and how any player who entered the area was impaled through the chest by her tail, her total confirmed kills at 234 players.

The screen then rapid fire showed some exciting clips from the fourth place and fifth place players, before just cycling through random clips from random players. By this point Willow and Ash had left to buy some better gear, as the starter gear would only do so well for them.

Entering a Player run Smithy, Willow and Ash browsed the stores wares, when suddenly a female elf wearing goggles on her head startled them.

"Hello! What can I help you with? I do both standardized designs and custom sets, just know for custom sets I'll need materials."

"Ah! Oh, We're looking to buy some new gear, I'd like an armored dress, spear, and shield in the colors black and purple, and my sister would like a set of rouges attire similar to the set she's wearing only in red and black."

"Okay! For the new armor for you I'll need Hydra scales, obsidian, and blessed silver, for your sister I'll need Magma cores, Mindflayer Ink, and some Blessed Thread. For the Hydra scales and Obsidian, there's a dungeon to the west who's boss drops them, no one has completed it though due to the poison fog that fills it, Blessed materials can be made with the material and the blessing of a paladin, Magma Cores are located in the starter Dungeon, and Mindflayer ink can be found by fishing for them."

"I can create the Blessed Materials right now as I'm a Paladin, and my sister already has the magma cores and mindflayer ink, I can complete the dungeon you speak of, I have really high DEF and I can by antidotes."

Pulling out a stack of silver bars and some thread spools, The elven tinker just gestured to them before attending Ash.

[Use ability of Title Goddess Of Storms, Willow to bless these objects? Y/N]

"Yes."

[You have successfully created Blessed Silver and Blessed Thread.]

After saying farewell to Ash, Willow left and bought a bunch of antidotes with the reward money from the event, and set off for the poison dungeon.

***

After reaching the entrance of the dungeon, Willow figured out why no one could beat it, it was practically an area of instant death for anyone with a DEF lower than 20. Downing a potion of poison resist, Willow entered the dungeon.

"Ugh... This is the worst, it's just poison slimes and scorpions..."

[Your Potion of Greater Poison Resist has worn off, You have gained the Trait, Lesser Poison Resistance: Lowers all Poison damage by 25%.]

"Well Bottoms up."*Gulp*

[Potion Of Greater Poison Resist: 10:00]

As Willow charged through slimes and crushed scorpions, her potion effect wore off 3 more times before she reached the boss door. It was massive, and decorated with the image of a 3 headed dragon breathing poison gas on a village.

[Your Trait Greater Poison Resistance, has become Poison Immunity: All Poison damage is negated, you can never be poisoned.]

"About time, Well here goes nothing."

Opening the boss door, She was greeted by a massive green dragon with three heads chained to the floor. Hearing her enter it rose breaking the chains restraining it, and letting out a loud roar.

[You Have Awakened: Ancient Hydra, 1000/1000]

"Alright you overgrown lizard, I'm not happy and I'm taking it out on you!"

Imbuing her lance with lightning, She threw the large spear at the main head, only to watch as the scales of the hydra shattered her only weapon into pieces.

"Fuck!"

Dodging the Hydra's attacks, Willow began to panic, and in a moment of idiocy and desperation jumped into the hydra's mouth.

"Ugh... That was dumb... What now? I remember a scene like this from an anime, didn't the character eat their way out?"

*Sizzle*

Seeing her armor begin to dissolve, Willow began to worry.

"Um... Oh Fuck It it's not like I have anything to lose, Bone apple tea!"

Biting into the flesh of the hydra, Willow was shocked when it tasted surprisingly good. Fueled by her desire to live and hunger, Willow began to devour as much as she could of the hydra's flesh. Sensing something wrong, The hydra began to writhe in pain, it's three heads all convulsing in mini seizures.

*Roar!*

With one final dying roar, the hydra's health was fully depleted. Slowly a bulge began to form on the hydra's stomach, when it was about the size of a human, it began to stretch and squash before bursting, a satisfied Willow the cause. Crawling out of the hole in the beast's gut she created, Her armor was completely destroyed, leaving her with only her bra and panties.

Her small stomach now bulging, filled to the brim with Hydra meat, Willow lay on the floor, the pure joy she was feeling from a satisfying meal overpowering her reason. Snapping back to her senses, Willow grabbed the shield she had dropped when jumping into the hydra's mouth, and began to use it as a lever to pry off the hydra's scales.

Once she felt she had enough, Willow walked over to the door behind the hydra, a large golden chest in front of it. Opening the chest, what she found was helpful to her both now and later.

[You have found 5 items in the chest:

1X Baby Hydra Hoodie: A green hoodie with a cute photo of a chibi hydra. (No passive boosts)

1X Hydra Leather Shorts: Short shorts made from the leather of a hydra. (Bonus Poison damage)

30X Obsidian: Volcanic glass that can be used to reinforce armor, only certain people know how to forge with this fragile material.

1X Hydra Fang Katana(Lancer Secondary Weapon): A Long black katana made from the fang of an ancient hydra, it was forge to be used by lancer units in case of emergencies.

First to Clear Bonus!

Storm Goddess Naginata Blueprints: Made from Blessed Silver, a Hydra fang, Obsidian, and imbued with Lightning.]

Putting on the clothes given, Willow equipped the Katana and used a boulder to knock one of the hydra's fangs loose. Stepping into the teleporter, Willow found herself displaced to right outside the dungeon. Taking a recall scroll out from her inventory, she then teleported back to town and walked into the smithy.

"Oh! your back, and your wearing new clothes."

"The Hydra destroyed my gear, this was all I had, Here's the materials for my armor and a blueprint I found in the boss chest, and here's a hydra fang mainly so you can use the blueprint to make me this weapon."

"Right away!"

She watched the elf work, quickly crafting the armor and even a replacement for her tail tip, her tail having been dissolved by the hydra's stomach acid, dulling the tip. Handing Willow the armor, Willow instantly equipped it, not willing to wear the embarrassing clothing she was given after the battle.

It wasn't long until the elf finished the naginata, and holding it in her hands, Willow felt like she could take on the hydra and win without having to eat her way out of its stomach. Seeing the time, Willow said goodbye to the elf, paying for the armor and weapon, and set off to find Ash.

2