Chapter 5
25 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As she placed flour on the counter, she asked, “Did you forget? I told you two days ago that I’m going out with Allegra.”

He raised a brow, trying to recall that conversation, but he couldn’t. She had started making bread, and he asked, “So when did you leave? I didn’t notice.”

“You would have if you weren’t smiling with your phone so hard. I’m surprised you didn’t even check in on me while I was crying, but it’s okay, I understand. You’ve decided that you want to leave us.” She said as she kneaded the dough and he could tell that she was angry.

“Did you answer my phone while I was asleep?” He asked cautiously.

She turned her head to look at him asking, “Your phone? Did it ring?”

Jackson didn’t know what was the truth. Moon said he answered the phone, then switched it off and he couldn’t recall it.

‘Does she know?’

‘Did she see?’

“By the way, when are you moving?” She asked him.

“Moving? I’m the one who bought this place,” he said.

She placed the dough in a bowl to rise and asked as she turned to him, “So you’re kicking me out then?”

“I didn’t say so,” he said. “Scarlett, you and I need to have a proper conversation about this.”

“No, I think you already made it clear the other night and you can’t deny it. You want nothing to do with me and Noah and if that is the case, I don’t see why you are still under the same roof as us.”

Placing a hand on her chest, she said, “Frankly, I want to know. When did you stop loving me and if it was before we left the orphanage, why did you drag me with you? I could have been on my own and I probably wouldn’t even be Noah’s mother. Or is it recently? What made you decide you want nothing to do with me and our son?”

“Noah isn’t the problem,” he said.

“So I am then?” She asked. “What exactly did I do wrong?”

Jackson stared at her as he tried to find the words to explain what he was thinking and feeling.

Counting on her fingers, she said, “I cook, I clean. I do your laundry, I wash your dirty underwear. I feed you, I feed your child. I make lunch for you every day. I take your son to school. I contribute to the household and I love you. I’ve loved you for ten years, ten fucking years, and for what? Just for you to throw it back in my face and say I am the problem?”

“I didn’t say you are the problem. I am. I don’t love you anymore,” he said out of frustration.

Scarlett went silent, and the shock on her face was clear.

Jackson sighed, saying, “I think we need to end things between us. We aren’t married, and I am sure you will find someone who can look after you and love you.”

Scarlett smirked. “So I need to find someone who will father your son because you want nothing to do with us?”

She walked up to him and asked as she stood in front of him, “And what if I don’t want to end this? Are you going to kick me out?”

Jackson placed his hands on her shoulders and moved her back. Putting his hands in his pocket, he said, “I’ve already found you a place to stay, and I paid the rent for the rest of the year. Pack your things and I’ll take you there.”

As he walked away, she scoffed, asking, “So you’re going to take care of him?”

Jackson stopped in his steps, answering, “He is my son.”

Ongoing Scribblehub

Now that he had made things clear to her about their relationship, it was time to introduce his son to the woman he loved. Moon had also been wanting to meet Noah.

He made his way to the bedroom to find Noah and asked as he saw his son playing on the floor with his toys, “Noah, do you want to go out with daddy today to the park?”

Noah looked at his father repeating, “Park?”

“Yes, where there are lots of fun rides and games to play,” he said.

Noah nodded his head excitedly, “Yes!”

He picked him up and made his way to the bathroom. “No, no, no. I want momma to wash me.”

Jackson frowned inwardly. Things have been silent since the talk and she didn’t even give him anything to eat. He nodded his head and went to look for Scarlett. and found her in the bedroom putting on makeup.

Jackson’s brows flew up when he saw her sitting in a thong in front of the mirror and asked, “Wh, where are you going?”

“What’s it to you?” She asked, not even looking his way.

“Momma, dadda say we are going to the park, let's go wash.” Noah said.

“Let your father wash you, Noah. Momma’s busy,” she said.

“But I want to wash with momma,” he said and grew teary.

Scarlett stood up and walked to the closet, saying, “Do yourself a favour and get used to your son’s tantrums since I’m being kicked out.”

ongoing patreon stories

Jackson walked into the master bedroom holding a naked Noah and said to Scarlett, who was putting on heels, “None of his clothes are ironed.”

“Then iron them,” she said simply and stood up.

“Momma, where are you going?” Noah asked her.

She walked up to them and kissed him on the lips. “I’m going out. See you when I get home.”

The moment Scarlett closed the door, all hell broke loose for Jackson. Noah kept screaming for her and the clothes he needed to iron were done, but Noah didn’t want to put them on.

After almost an hour of struggling, they were finally ready to leave.

GN Completed

“Why’d you want to come to this shitty place? There’s no privacy here,” Kaia complained.

Scarlett chuckled, “You’ll see later.”

“I thought you were going to bring Noah with, I won plushies for him,” she complained.

“Ah, so you were looking forward to seeing him,” Scarlett teased.

Kaia shook her head. “No, I’m glad he isn’t here. I want to fuck you after this in my car.”

Scarlett looked away, embarrassed. She wasn’t here to enjoy herself. In fact, she wanted to catch Jackson red handed today.

Kaia tapped her foot under the table against Scarlett’s and asked, “Where is your head?”

“On my neck,” she teased.

See you next month.

2