Chapter 24: Growing Up
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For a period of time, Eli Shan went to various teachers, eager to learn different kinds of techniques. In the beginning, their faces lit up with excitement as they witnessed Eli Shan's remarkable ability to grasp their teachings quickly. However, looking at his inability to cultivate, every teacher soon lost interest in him.

What was the point of having such a good learning ability when he couldn't cultivate? In the eyes of the teachers, without cultivation, Eli Shan was nothing more than a genius mortal!

After a few days, some teachers started ignoring him, while others went a step further and prohibited his entry into their extra classes, declaring firmly, "Teaching someone like you would be an insult to our teaching and technique."

Eli Shan also had his pride and found it difficult to tolerate their dismissive attitudes, leading him to stop attending their classes entirely. And he wasn't much concerned about it too, because there was still a teacher who extended a welcoming hand to Eli Shan, and that was Fu Chen. Fu Chen's specialty was the sword arts, and he imparted his knowledge to Eli Shan without reservation, withholding nothing.

Fu Chen held a straightforward belief in this matter: as long as someone could unleash the beauty of the swords, it didn't matter who wielded it. Over the past month, Eli Shan had utterly astounded him with his special ability to swiftly master any technique, proving his worth to him. And it wasn't just proving himself; it was leaving Fu Chen utterly dumbfounded every time he mastered a new technique! In just a short period, Eli Shan effortlessly absorbed each of Fu Chen's techniques, as if he was born just to wield a sword!

However, Fu Chen was still unaware of Eli Shan's one hidden secret - he had already grasped the basics of sword intent!

What was the sword intent? In the world of martial arts, sword intent was nothing short of the manifestation of real swords themselves. It transcended the mere act of wielding a blade; it represented a profound fusion of mind, body, and spirit—a connection between the swordsman and their weapon that went beyond the physical.

To become a real sword cultivator, understanding the sword intent was crucial. It embodied the very essence of the swords they wielded. Many considered it even more challenging than cultivation.

Even Fu Chen, who had dedicated his whole life to swords, had only grasped a basic level of sword intent. This fact alone showed just how difficult it was to form and cultivate a sword intent. Eli Shan, on the other hand, grasped it in one go and kept this secret well-guarded because his teacher had emphasized that forming the sword intent required years of dedicated practice, however, upon learning it, one could unleash many times deadlier sword attacks than before. Eli Shan didn't want others to know about it; this was his trump card from now on!

After a few days of teaching, Fu Chen finally sighed. "Little Eli, there's nothing more I can teach you. You can now walk on your own path and explore the depths of the sword. I believe that with your potential, you could easily surpass me very soon."

While saying this, Fu Chen experienced a mixture of emotions. He was happy because his student was so talented that he completely absorbed every aspect of his teachings. But he was sad too because he felt that, compared to the kid before him, his whole life was for naught.

Eli Shan bowed respectfully before Fu Chen and expressed his gratitude, "Thank you so much, teacher. You are the best instructor I have ever had. Perhaps one day, I can surpass you, but I will always hold your guidance close to my heart."

When Fu Chen heard Eli Shan's words, a wave of relief and warmth swept over him. He smiled gently at Eli Shan and nodded in acknowledgment. "You are my best student too."

Both of their faces were full of smiles as they sat down and began to talk like a friend. After their heartfelt conversation, Eli Shan said goodbye to his teacher and went to visit his one and only friend, Feng Qiang, and informed her that he was planning to enter seclusion for a long period.

With a puzzled expression on her face, Feng Qiang asked, "But you cannot cultivate, can you? Why are you going into seclusion?"

Listening to her, Eli Shan's expression momentarily turned hurtful as he placed a hand over his heart and exclaimed, "Ah, my heart! How could you say that to me, Feng Qiang? How rude."

Feng Qiang chuckled and responded, "Cut the drama. Tell me the truth, what are you really hiding?"

Eli Shan sighed, "I'm not hiding anything. I just plan to focus on developing my body and wind intent during my seclusion."

Feng Qiang nodded, choosing not to press further on the topic. They continued to chat for a while before Eli Shan retreated into seclusion.

During this period, Eli Shan had the lowest cultivation level in the school. His ranking completely dropped to the very bottom, and his place of residence also shifted to the smallest, most remote mountain peak at the outermost edge of the school grounds. This peak was situated near the stables and aviary, where domestic animals and birds resided, filling the night with their songs.

But Eli Shan didn't care about any of this. He returned to his room and immersed himself in cultivation with unwavering focus.

As his body cultivation continued to increase, his mortal needs, such as hunger and trips to the toilet, had been completely gone. He completely isolated himself and didn't leave for a long period of time.

In the outside world, Feng Qiang kept waiting for him for days, months, and even years, but there was still no news of Eli Shan. She understood that he was deeply engrossed in his cultivation so she also never disturbed him.

And so, years passed by like a wisp of smoke, and Eli Shan's fifteenth birthday approached.

On this day, Eli Shan finally opened his eyes. Observing his body, he clenched his fist tightly, making the air around him distorted. With a bright smile on his face, he felt a sense of accomplishment, but he couldn't help but think, "My body has reached at least the early stage of the Tian realm. But only if I had a better cultivation technique..."

Without dwelling on it further, Eli Shan stood up and stretched his hands, thinking, "It's been a while since I took a walk outside."

He came out of his cave-like house and gazed around from his mountain peak, spotting numerous unfamiliar kids bustling about. "These kids must be the second or third batch of students," he mused, a smile forming as he kept thinking, "The school admits new students every three years. I guess now I am a senior too."

He glanced towards the higher peaks and pondered, "But why hasn't anyone disturbed me all this time? Shouldn't someone have come knocking on my door to transfer me to the inner region of the school by now? Don't tell me I'll still have to stay here with those kids because of my lowest cultivation, huh?"

As bewilderment filled him, he suddenly noticed a middle-aged man flying towards him—a familiar face that he could never forget. "Teacher Fu!" he exclaimed, his face full of a wide smile.

Fu Chen landed on his mountain peak and nodded with a smile. "Finally, you are out huh? I thought your soul had already left your body and you could never come out of your room," Fu Chen laughed.

Hearing him, Eli Shan scratched his neck with a silly smile. "How have you been, teacher?"

Fu Chen nodded and replied, "I am good, and I can see you are more than good huh?"

Eli Shan shook his head, "I am fine, teacher, just a bit better than before."

Fu Chen nodded, his expression turning solemn. "I've been keeping an eye on you. Seeing that you didn't come out even at the time of the transfer to the inner region, I spoke with the headmaster and halted your transfer."

Eli Shan's eyes sparkled with gratitude, and he felt a deep warmth in his heart. He bowed respectfully, his voice filled with appreciation. "Thank you so much once again, teacher. It really helped me a lot that no one disturbed me during my seclusion."

Fu Chen nodded and continued to smile warmly. "You're an exceptional student of mine. Now that you are out, you can finally be transferred to the inner region. But I can sense that you still don't possess even a hint of cultivation in your dantian, so... your initial ranking will still be at the bottom. I'm truly sorry for this, even after knowing your potential I still cannot do anything about it."

Eli Shan shook his head earnestly. "Teacher, please don't apologize to me. I don't care what others think about me. I will just keep walking on my path, and one day, I will become someone who cannot be ignored by anyone."

Fu Chen nodded approvingly. "I believe in you," he said with a reassuring smile, then waved his hand, gesturing for Eli Shan to follow him. "Now, let's go to the inner region, the place where senior students reside."

With that, he flew to the sky and began to soar over the mountains. However, a sudden thought made him halt in mid-air. He realized that without any cultivation, how could Eli Shan fly and follow him?

With the thought of enveloping Eli Shan in his aura and carrying him over the mountains, he turned around abruptly, but suddenly, Fu Chen found himself face-to-face with a giant face. Startled by it, he flew back instinctively, his voice raised in shock. "Ah! Why are you scaring me, you stupid brat?"

But as he realized something, his expression transformed into sheer disbelief. "H-How are you flying in the air without any cultivation?"

Eli Shan grinned proudly, baring all of his teeth as he replied, "Oh, it's just the wind intent, nothing particularly special."

With a shock on his face, Fu Chen shook his head, still wearing a smile. "Hah, you're really full of surprises. Now, follow me."

Together, they soared through the sky and crossed over the outer region's peak, soon landing on the smallest mountain in the inner region.

While this mountain was considered small within the inner region, compared to the outer region's mountain, it was significantly larger and more impressive.

After landing, they approached an average-looking house ahead and entered. Eli Shan found a chair for Fu Chen and sat on the bed himself as they began to talk about the swords.

After conversing for a while, Fu Chen stood up and prepared to depart. "Little Eli, you will have more better and stronger teachers here. So, remember to follow and learn from them. And if you ever miss this old teacher of yours, you are always welcome to visit me.'"

Eli Shan shook his head, his voice filled with sincerity. "No matter who becomes my teacher, in my heart, you will always be my best teacher."

Fu Chen smiled warmly. "You certainly have a silver tongue, don't you?"

Eli Shan smiled back. "I'm just speaking the truth."

Fu Chen shook his head, his smile lingering. "Alright then, take care of yourself." With those parting words, he flew back to the outer region.

As Fu Chen departed, Eli Shan also left his mountain peak in search of Feng Qiang's place. He assumed that Feng Qiang's mountain peak must be in the first position within the inner region. He landed on the first peak and called out, "Feng Qiang are you there?"

No response... After waiting for a while, he turned around, thinking to leave and come back later. But just as he was about to jump, he heard a girl's voice from behind, "Wait, who are you?"

Turning around, his eyes met with a fully grown, enchanting girl, looking at him with a cold face. Her long flowing hair, with a color resembling a delicate shade of lilac, cascaded down to her knees like a waterfall of lavender silk. She possessed the demeanor of a warrior, and her beauty was so captivating that it could easily bring a city to its knees.

Eli Shan smiled as he looked at her from head to toe. "You have grown up a lot, huh?"

Upon hearing him, Feng Qiang's eyes widened as her gaze fell upon Eli Shan, who had just turned around. His physique, which looked slender, exuded a strength that made the air around him distorted. His crystal-clear, white skin coupled with his long, flowing dark-silver hair, reached down to his thighs. A mischievous grin adorned his face, and his confident, mesmerizing eyes emitted an imposing aura that showcased his formidable strength.

With bewilderment in her eyes, Feng Qiang asked, "You... Eli? Eli Shan?"

Eli Shan nodded, placing his hand over his heart and speaking in a playful manner, "Looks like someone has forgotten about her friend, oh, my poor heart."

Feng Qiang's eyes filled with tears as she asked again, "You are really Eli Shan?"

Eli Shan nodded and smiled warmly. "So you've really forgotten me, huh."

Filled with happiness, she couldn't control herself as she jumped over him, hugging him tightly and saying, "You are really Eli Shan. Do you know just how much I missed and waited for you? I was all alone in this school without you, and you are returning now?"

A smile still lingered on Eli Shan's face as he patted her back, "I am sorry, I lost track of time during my seclusion."

Feng Qiang moved back and stood before him, wiping a wisp of tear. "Look like you have become a lot stronger than before."

Eli Shan's chest puffed with pride as he said, "At least stronger than you, who can never reach my level," he laughed heartily.

Feng Qiang rolled her eyes playfully. "You can never change."

Eli Shan nodded with a smile and asked, "So how have your days been?"

Feng Qiang shook her head, "Nothing much, just focused on cultivation these days. And why are we standing outside? Come, let's go inside the house."

With that, she held Eli Shan's arm to lead him inside, but suddenly Eli Shan noticed something unusual. Feng Qiang's aura was unstable as if she had been hurt!

His expression suddenly turned serious as he asked, "Tell me what happened. You look like you've been injured."

Feng Qiang shook her head. "No, nothing happened. I just got injured while practicing sword with my teacher."

Eli Shan didn't really believe her, but he chose not to press the matter further and simply nodded. "Alright then. Instead of getting bored inside, how about we go for a walk around the school? I'm new in the inner region, won't you show me around?"

Feng Qiang smiled, "Of course, that's a great idea. Let's head to the market. We can enjoy some delicious food there too."

Eli Shan agreed, "Let's go then."

Feng Qiang then asked him to wait for a moment as she hurried into her room. After a brief moment, she emerged, now dressed in a sleek and elegant black dress that beautifully matched her graceful figure. "Ready to go?" she asked, a bright smile on her face.

Eli Shan nodded with a smile. "Let's go now."

Together, they soared through the sky, crossing over the mountains until they reached a vast open plain. Feng Qiang gestured ahead with a smile and explained, "This is the market of the inner region. You can find anything you want here."

Eli Shan playfully teased her, "Do you think I'm dumb? Of course, I know you can find anything in a market, stupid girl!"

Feng Qiang playfully clenched her fist. "You're still number one on my list of people who can make me angry with just a few words."

Eli Shan grinned, showing all of his teeth, and suddenly grabbed Feng Qiang's arm. "Let's check out that store; I need to buy some clothes." He dashed forward, forcefully taking Feng Qiang with him.

"Wait, wait, wait."

"No, no, no, hahaha."

Both of them ran around like kids, their faces full of wide smiles as they let loose themselves.

Inside the store, Eli Shan looked around and checked out many clothes but didn't find anything he liked. At the last, he finally settled for a Hooded Robe. He put it on, pulled the hoodie over his head, concealing half of his face, and slid his hands into the pockets.

Feng Qiang also didn't like any dresses and ended up purchasing a black cap, which matched her black dress perfectly.

Emerging from the store, Eli Shan and Feng Qiang continued to walk around the bustling market. Their stunning appearance drew the attention of everyone around them, igniting murmurs and whispers as they passed by.

"Who are they?"

"What a perfect couple!"

"Have you seen that guy? He looks incredibly hot."

"But isn't that girl Feng Qiang? The top-ranked girl from her batch?"

"Who could that guy be? He's so lucky to be with her!"

Among the whispers, one guy glanced at Feng Qiang's face, then hurriedly ran out of the market and flew to a certain mountain peak.

He stood before a majestic gate and shouted, "Leader, I saw Feng Qiang in the market walking with a guy."

As the words left his mouth, a sudden surge of aura erupted from inside and a strong-looking handsome man landed before him. He held the guy's collar and said angrily in a hoarse voice, "Take me there quickly."

In the market, Eli Shan and Feng Qiang were enjoying themselves. They tried many new clothes but didn't buy a single one, played different games and ate a lot of things.

While they were eating, Eli Shan noticed the crowd of students making a way for someone. At first, he didn't pay much attention to it, but then he saw Feng Qiang's expression stiffen.

Turning his head, he noticed a guy walking through the path created by the students toward Eli Shan and Feng Qiang, followed by nearly fifty followers. The onlookers began to murmur and chat amongst themselves.

"Hey, isn't that Mu Cheng?"

"Yeah, and he looks furious. Did someone dare to make him angry?"

"Could it be that handsome-looking guy? Hell yes if it's him, he was getting all the attention of girls here!"

Mu Cheng approached Feng Qiang and slammed his hand on the table, shouting angrily, "Feng Qiang, you've been rejecting me all this time, but now you're having fun with another guy, huh?"

Hearing him, Feng Qiang stopped what she was doing, her expression turned ferocious and she looked at him as if she could incinerate him with her gaze. "No matter where I go or who I'm with, it has nothing to do with you. So you better stop bothering me."

Eli Shan observed everything and guessed what had happened.

Ignoring her response, Mu Cheng turned to Eli Shan and threatened, "If you don't want to die then you better leave her right now and don't even think about coming near her."

Eli Shan turned to face him, wearing an innocent smile that captured the hearts of every girl present. "You want to get beaten to a pulp?"

 

1